OKBaby vs. KKandBabyJ

theshamanisright1
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby vs. KKandBabyJ

Unread post by theshamanisright1 »

I don't think Jackson has Autism, I think he has two overly indulgent parents who have always been there for him every second. I feel like it will change with Landon being born. My main issue with them is the lack of a fence around the pool- it scares me to death everytime Jackson runs near the pool, he probably doesn't know about the pool being dangerous either. I do sometimes find their vlogs easier to watch because of how well Khoa treats Keren- Oscar treats Kyra like shit, frankly, and I don't know why she puts up with it. At least with Keren and Khoa it's clear nobody in the family would want Keren to be treated as badly as Kyra. Kyra is a sweet girl and she deserves better, somebody who will contribute 50 percent instead of running around like a child. I do have to ask why Jackson isn't talking as much as Levi, though, he's older isn't he?
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

missy-1010 wrote:My mom read to my sister and I when we were NEWBORNS. We were in daycare at an early age (I was about 2 when I started)
We were never dependent on soothers, we were dependent on our baby blankets (which isn't as bad)
Anyway, my sister and I both ended up having high school reading levels in early elementary. I read my first chapter book in kindergarten (it was a Mona the Vampire one, but still)
Both these families need to take away the pacifiers and bottles and freakin read to the kids in a meaningful way, and get them out to socialize like holy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that they should be reading to them more (both families) but having a pacifier or bottle has no affect on how well they'll be able to read lol
My daughter uses a pacifier (for sleeping only!) and I make sure we read every single day. It has everything to do with the parent actually taking the time to read to them.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Y'all got me paranoid. Now everytime Keren or Kyra does something, I think it's a bash at the other one.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

wolflily23 wrote:
missy-1010 wrote:My mom read to my sister and I when we were NEWBORNS. We were in daycare at an early age (I was about 2 when I started)
We were never dependent on soothers, we were dependent on our baby blankets (which isn't as bad)
Anyway, my sister and I both ended up having high school reading levels in early elementary. I read my first chapter book in kindergarten (it was a Mona the Vampire one, but still)
Both these families need to take away the pacifiers and bottles and freakin read to the kids in a meaningful way, and get them out to socialize like holy.

I agree that they should be reading to them more (both families) but having a pacifier or bottle has no affect on how well they'll be able to read lol
My daughter uses a pacifier (for sleeping only!) and I make sure we read every single day. It has everything to do with the parent actually taking the time to read to them.
Oh god yeah lol I reread what I wrote and realize it didn't make much sense haha.
I moreso meant that if they take those things away, and read to the children, they'll learn to speak better, especially Jackson. That kid is so far behind in speech it's horrifying.

FreljordAshe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by FreljordAshe »

I must ask though, how impartial can everyone be? This is a sub-thread on OkBaby, so I'm assuming, most of you like them. Obviously, when you ask about KKandBabyJ on a sub-forum against OkBaby, most of the answers will be biased. Of course, there are more people who prefer OkBaby! Their fanbase is at 1 million, Keren has only 1/3 of that (but KKandBabyJ growing at a fast rate).

I should mention that some of you are incredibly harsh towards Keren for no reason. Calling her a lazy ass? Useless? Keren looking the same as when she was pregnant? Those are some pretty hateful words for someone you've never met. I also saw something about Keren's post-pregnancy body? I doubt you keep up with KK's vlogs, but you can see it in Keren's face that she lost a ton of weight. In a video on her recent channel, she discussed going from 160 lbs to 130 lbs. Either way, anyone criticizing a woman's pregnancy and post-pregnancy body should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone's body is different. I guess it's easy to criticize someone else when you're hiding behind a computer screen.

RE: Cooking - Keren cooks for her family, you can see it in the vlogs occasionally.

Keren does have an associate's degree and I personally don't see anything wrong with not continuing school and being a full time mom (I guess everyone here thinks that all full-time moms are useless and lazy according to the logic here). Khoa works hard to make sure they are taken care of financially. Keren stays home all day but, she does things when she is at home. She cleans, cooks, and she edits her videos for YouTube. Both Keren and Khoa seem to be really happy with their situation, so I don't see why it bothers anyone here.

"Keren is immature" "I'm younger and more mature than Keren" ... you're on a gossiping site, gossiping/talking trash about someone you don't know. Sorry, but that's not something a mature person would do.
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

Never noticed this thread existed lol

Kyra just had a baby, in the vlog Alaya is less than a week old and Kyra's nott slowing down at all. I have to say I'm impressed.
Levi is such a cute little boy, he's really aware of his surroundings and can express the way he feels and what he wants. He even tries to vlogs, looks at himself in the view finder and makes faces and makes himself laugh. I find it so endearing,

I wish Jackson could be a little more expressive, he's just blank 90% of the time, or screeching. He was so smart before, and you could tell how proud Keren and Koah were that he started walking so fast and seemed to be ahead of Levi. I think they got too comfortable. They really need to start challenging J more, he's way behind now and it's sad to see
Notachild
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Notachild »

I am pro KKandbabyJ. Khoa and Keren have a beautiful home and beautiful children. Jackson says many words and has been for a while. We don't see but a small portion of their day but I think Jackson is perfect and I personally love his chirps. They keep a clean home and the obviously love each other. Okbaby on the other hand have problems keeping a small apartment clean and can't keep a healthy sleep schedule. Oscar and Kyra act more like friends raising children. Levi doesn't talk more than Jackson unless you are counting the script that is put on the screen when he makes noises. Oscar's obsessed with putting Levi to bed or nap time. Like that's his favorite part of the day. He should have put the camera down and held him while at the baby's Dr's appointment. Feel bad for Levi. Also love that Khoa has a successful career and is a hard worker. Watching O and K is like watching a high school play. Khoa and Keen deserve so many more subscribers.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh my god the fans on the OK/KK thread are ridiculous. No one Kerens thread is dying

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

No wonder*

Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Newmomma »

Have been a long time lurker.
I could write pages coming to these two families.lol

Let's start with the babies:

Alaya- She's been feeding well and latching well. Props to Kyra. Hope she stresses less while feeding so that oxytocin level rises. I hate the fact that she's ALWAYS covered in blankets. She might have an owlet but that shouldn't be an excuse to smother a baby with blankets.

Landon- Haven't watched the latest video Karen posted but based on vlogs he's feeding well. He's got an owlet too but they haven't reviewed it. But off-late he's not covered in blankets which is plus point. Karen should cut down on caffeine but then again that's negligible amount into breast milk which helps in surfactant production. That's all the more okay. Infact premie are given titrated caffeine instead of surfactant (based on insurance) for lung maturation.

Now for the toddlers-

Levi- God! this kid's personality drew me to this family. He's adorable and expressive!
Coming to development-as a 16 month old:
Gross motor- he's running now. I have seen him throw but not sure if kicks ball? he crawls up and down the stairs but hopefully they take him to the indoor play area where he can practice walking up and down the stairs. Now would be the right time.Get air could help him learn to jump.

Fine motor- In only one vlog I've seen him play with lego set where he put two blocks together thats was a while ago. He would've improved with the number of blocks by now(?) They should encourage that rather than playing just dodge ball. Kyra complains about him not keeping on the jacket/ socks. Hopefully that's true and not just her being lazy and lying about it. If yes, they that's a good indicator too. He eats with spoon according to his age.

Language- He says "hi" and "yes"/"ya". For his age, he should be saying 20-50 words. So the parents are lacking here. I'm not sure why people on here think he has good vocabulary. Imitating words is different from having vocabulary. A while ago he could identify just 1 body part- tongue, I believe. By know they should've taught him whis eyes, nose,mouth, belly, ears.

Social/cognition- He's amazing at understanding and imitating his parents. They should encourage him to "pretend play" and socialize with other kids. They should also teach him "mine" from "others"
It's a good thing they read to him, take him to indoor play areas and indoor swimming pool (def not hot tubs). But they could paint with him, teach him to hold a pen, allow him to scribble.

Jackson- He's 17 months old
Gross motor- He's way ahead. Walks up and down the stairs. Attempts to jump. Hopefully jump by 2nd b'day. Runs around.

Fine motor- He needs more games than just cars and slide. He has no toys to stimulate his brain. Like tool set, lego set. But he kicks around the ball, eats with spoon/fork.

Language- he was doing good with "hungry", "night-night", "mamma". Then he regressed, wonder why Karen didn't teach him. That paci needs to go.Khoa makes a effort to takeit away but karen thinks its cute :? He needs a lot of improvement here.

Social- He needs more socialization too, with kids of same age group. Karen has friends who has kids of same group. They could arrange play dates. His cognition is poor but understands no. The only imitation he does is screaming. Khoa should really disourage that. Maybe someone could put a comment, Khoa listens.

I've seen lots of comments on austism. WIll post about the parents and child development disorders related to these kids whenever I find time next. Hopefully, this helps someone with kids too. Also comments about Jackson are harsh. So, thought this might help. It's succinct but this is what I got out of vlogs.
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

had to add in that "pretend plays" are amazing for this age and KK did a good job in getting the grill.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

There is no way a 17 month old should be saying 20-50 words so I'm not sure where you read that. Try more like 8-10 words and you will be on target.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Yea no way a normal 17 month old should be saying 20-50. My son had his yearly checkup late at almost 16 months. He says 8 words (mama, dada, ball, bye bye, night night, please, uh oh, and wow) and his doctor said that was ahead of where he should be. I don't think Levi or Jackson are quite on track with their language development yet but neither are delayed in any way. Both are fairly typical toddlers.

Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Pineapples wrote:There is no way a 17 month old should be saying 20-50 words so I'm not sure where you read that. Try more like 8-10 words and you will be on target.
Could you pls quote where did you come across 10 words for 17 months as you're so sure that NO WAY they should be talking more?
I'm not saying ALL 17 month SHOULD have a vocabulary of 20-50 words. But that's as close they should be getting at. Its a range and develops over a period of time and is not the same for ALL the kids.
5 words- 10 months
16-18 months- 20-50 words
2yrs- vocabulary 200. Surprising but true.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
Pineapples wrote:There is no way a 17 month old should be saying 20-50 words so I'm not sure where you read that. Try more like 8-10 words and you will be on target.
Could you pls quote where did you come across 10 words for 17 months as you're so sure that NO WAY they should be talking more?
I'm not saying ALL 17 month SHOULD have a vocabulary of 20-50 words. But that's as close they should be getting at. Its a range and develops over a period of time and is not the same for ALL the kids.
5 words- 10 months

You are completely wrong. Are you pulling these numbers out of your ass or have you read a reliable source? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 2c3605.jpg[/img]

Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Newmomma wrote:
5 words- 10 months

You are completely wrong. Are you pulling these numbers out of your ass or have you read a reliable source?

Speak respectfully if possible. It says AT LEAST. I'm talking about target/maximum. You call your son advanced by barely touching the milestone or going past it? smh. After 50 words there's a "word spurt" nd that's when they start grasping words.
So kid stop learning after 8 words saying "No Way I should have more vocabulary". You see only one kid and that's yours. I've seen kids who speak 2 sentence words at 17 months. So I should have told " no way your kid is supposed to talk more" to the parents?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Newmomma wrote: Could you pls quote where did you come across 10 words for 17 months as you're so sure that NO WAY they should be talking more?
5 words- 10 months

You are completely wrong. Are you pulling these numbers out of your ass or have you read a reliable source?

Speak respectfully if possible. It says AT LEAST. I'm talking about target/maximum. You call your son advanced by barely touching the milestone or going past it? smh. After 50 words there's a "word spurt" nd that's when they start grasping words.
The doctor did say my son was doing great and ahead of where he should be. He says 8 words and isn't even 16 months until the 7th. When I look up how many words a 16 month old should know I read up to 7 words. 99% of children are not going to say 50 words at 17 months. My son is over a full month younger than Jackson. He also understands a lot of what I say. "Bring me your cup" "where's your belly?" "Sit in your chair" "bring me the ball" "give me a hug" etc... the "word spurt" happens about 18 months. 18 months is when language explodes for most toddlers. My 1st son went from a few words to 2 word sentences at that age. I won't be worried about Levi or Jackson's language unless they are still not talking by 18 months.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Newmomma wrote: Could you pls quote where did you come across 10 words for 17 months as you're so sure that NO WAY they should be talking more?
5 words- 10 months

So kid stop learning after 8 words saying "No Way I should have more vocabulary". You see only one kid and that's yours. I've seen kids who speak 2 sentence words at 17 months. So I should have told " no way your kid is supposed to talk more" to the parents?
My son is not 18 months but almost 16 months. 2 months of development is a lot for a kids that age, and I have 2 children. All children learn at a different rate. You said a child SHOULD know 20-50 words by 17 months not that they MIGHT learn that many. Yes some kids are advanced and know 50, sure that is possible but not common. I was stating fact. 8 words is normal up to 18 months...

Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Newmomma wrote:
The doctor did say my son was doing great and ahead of where he should be. He says 8 words and isn't even 16 months until the 7th. When I look up how many words a 16 month old should know I read up to 7 words. 99% of children are not going to say 50 words at 17 months. My son is over a full month younger than Jackson. He also understands a lot of what I say. "Bring me your cup" "where's your belly?" "Sit in your chair" "bring me the ball" "give me a hug" etc... the "word spurt" happens about 18 months. 18 months is when language explodes for most toddlers. My 1st son went from a few words to 2 word sentences at that age. I won't be worried about Levi or Jackson's language unless they are still not talking by 18 months.

Yes, for 15 months 8 words is good. So in 3 months wouldn't he have picked up 12 extra words? Especially with an older sibling? I said 20-50 being the maximum.
I don't know where you got "99%" from.
No "word spurt" is not how brain commands ok you turned 18 months, you're gonna have language explosion. But its when the capacity of the brain develops( 50 words is just a mark).Can be 18 months or 20 months.
I didn't say their language development is worrisome. They need their parents now to help them teach. People here have a misconception that Levi's vocabulary is high and Jackson is way behind. No, levi imitates the words and its not his vocabulary. Both the sets of parents need to work.
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Newmomma wrote:
I'm NOT saying ALL 17 month SHOULD have a vocabulary of 20-50 words. But that's as close they should be getting at. Its a range and develops over a period of time and is not the same for ALL the kids.
5 words- 10 months

My son is not 18 months but almost 16 months. 2 months of development is a lot for a kids that age, and I have 2 children. All children learn at a different rate. You said a child SHOULD know 20-50 words by 17 months not that they MIGHT learn that many. Yes some kids are advanced and know 50, sure that is possible but not common. I was stating fact. 8 words is normal up to 18 months...

Re-read. I have clearly told there's no SHOULD.

Return to “OKBaby”