DailyPregnancySpeculations part 82

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyPregnancySpeculations part 82

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

lmmomSD wrote:Is it just me, or does Ollie have shadows under his eyes? They could be allergic shiners, the way he always has a runny nose-- there's a lot in bloom because of all the rain.
But no 3 year old needs a serving of ice cream that's as big as his head...Image

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
He looks exhausted. At 8pm my 4and 7 yr old are going to bed.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
addyrs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by addyrs »

lmmomSD wrote: I actually like Samika. And Cullen and Katie aren't as bad as their friends, definitely. My daughter just started watching Knorrp and South-- they live in an RV, have 4 kids of their own and 5 adopted Chinese kids. The mom is very real. Her kids actually get on her nerves! We used to like Smelly Belly, but since they started homeschooling, they are also hard to take. Everything is exciting and FUN ALL THE TIME!

Oh my gosh! I know this is off topic, but I LOVE Knorpp and South! I love how real their family is and how interesting they are to watch! I wish more people watched them so they could have a thread here. :D
Germany2263
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Germany2263 »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Is it just me, or does Ollie have shadows under his eyes? They could be allergic shiners, the way he always has a runny nose-- there's a lot in bloom because of all the rain.
But no 3 year old needs a serving of ice cream that's as big as his head...Image

And all of that sugar in the evening!! It's bad enough he has a big ice cream bowl, but there's chocolate on it as well. They really don't understand what being a parent is all about. They are setting poor Oliver up for childhood obesity. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a diabetic before he's 21 with all the insulin his young pancreas has to produce. Some education for both of them would go a long way. Ignorant people really should avoid having childrenImage
BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

twinklepink88 wrote:Regarding the swimming class thing - I don't think people are too ridiculous for criticizing Bryan for never being at his kids' lessons, even once in a while! Watching your child learn to swim is one of those things that *most* people cherish! My husband works during the week, but you can bet the first public holiday that happened to fall on swimming lesson day, he was right there in the water with our son!

1. Bryan's job is FLEXIBLE. Even if he used swimming class time to work most days, he could make an exception once in a while! Then maybe get his lunch to go instead *gasp*. The fact that he always shows up for lunch definitely shows where his priorities are, and it's obviously not with _ever_ being at swimming.

2. If he's staying behind for the various staff, such as the cleaning lady, why not have Mimi or Papa do that once in a while, so Bryan could also get to see the progress his children are making in the water?!

Anyway, if he wanted to be there at all, like most parents would love to be but often physically cannot, due to having a 40+hr work week job, then he could make it work once in a blue moon. He doesn't even comment at all on wanting to be there.
They could also schedule her to come in on a different day, that way they can stay home when she cleans and still be able to see their sons swimming lessons

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

GUYS. I KNOW WHAT THE VAGUE TWEET WAS ABOUT.

Bryan will star on Survivor: Super Mega YouTube Stars
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

OhHiImSam wrote:GUYS. I KNOW WHAT THE VAGUE TWEET WAS ABOUT.

Bryan will star on Survivor: Super Mega YouTube Stars
Can you imagine him on Survivor? He wouldn't last a day! Just like he and Missy would probably get wiped out by the very first challenge on the Amazing Race!

roseter
Talker
Talker

Unread post by roseter »

Does anyone wonder if Ollie (and let's be honest, their whole family) is anaemic? I just find it odd that he falls asleep a lot - at least in my experience 3 almost 4 year olds don't really need naps anymore. They don't seem to eat a lot of green leafy veggies or veggies at all for that matter, always giving the kids fruit as if that totally makes up for it. I'm sorry, but strawberries at dinner does not count! Anaemia could also explain why Missy is always "exhausted".

I don't understand why the kids aren't offered a wider variety of foods - does it have anything to do with Missy passing the picky eating habits on to her kids? There may have been some initial resistance and picky eating from Ollie in the early days, but it seems like the lumps gave up and starting catering to his fussiness and not offering other options over and over again until he broadened his palate. Personally, my first was and is like Finn in terms of what he will eat and my second is more like Ollie. With my second while I do accept that she doesn't like certain things I still try and offer all the food groups, including plenty of veggies. Also, even if it is very hard to find things that Ollie will eat, why give Finn the same beige meals and crapload of carbs when they have acknowledged that he is their good eater? That won't last long if he becomes accustomed to sodium filled deep fried crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roseter
Talker
Talker

Unread post by roseter »

I also wanted to say, watching Finn in the pool really made my heart swell. He is such a gorgeous, sweet little guy and it is horrible to think that he could very soon turn out just like Ollie with the way his parents are raising him :( I just can't imagine him turning into a spoiled brat like Ollie, but at this point I figure it's just a matter of time.

DBExOG
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by DBExOG »

Germany2263 wrote:
PosyGirl72 wrote:

And all of that sugar in the evening!! It's bad enough he has a big ice cream bowl, but there's chocolate on it as well. They really don't understand what being a parent is all about. They are setting poor Oliver up for childhood obesity. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a diabetic before he's 21 with all the insulin his young pancreas has to produce. Some education for both of them would go a long way. Ignorant people really should avoid having childrenImage
I don't agree with the amount of garbage food they give Ollie, but saying he's going to be a diabetic by 21 is really extreme. Diabetes is either autoimmune (type one) or years and years of lifestyle mixed with genetics and other factors (type 2).

Germany2263
Talker
Talker

DBExOG wrote:
Germany2263 wrote:
PosyGirl72 wrote: He looks exhausted. At 8pm my 4and 7 yr old are going to bed.

I don't agree with the amount of garbage food they give Ollie, but saying he's going to be a diabetic by 21 is really extreme. Diabetes is either autoimmune (type one) or years and years of lifestyle mixed with genetics and other factors (type 2).

Thanks for that comment but as a nurse who has worked with children AND adults who have type I or II diabetes, I am well aware that it is an auto immune disorder which is why I didn't state that he would have type I. If you look at his genetic make up, (Brys mom and sister) we know there is a propensity for obesity. And, as you said "years and years" of poor lifestyle choices.... Well, he's almost 4 and has been eating poorly for the last 2 years. If he continues this way his pancreas which should NOT be working this hard for his age could possibly have problems by the times he reaches adulthood. He's had a constant diet of cookies, ice cream, and candy sometimes multiple times a day. Not to mention all of the processed foods he eats that are also sugar laden. All I was saying in my original post was that they really should be mindful of what they feed the boys to avoid health problems in the future.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Germany2263 wrote:
If you look at his genetic make up, (Brys mom and sister) we know there is a propensity for obesity. .
You're right about the carb heavy diet contributing to later-in-life type 2 risk, but there is no "genetic propensity for obesity". Weight is 100% determined by energy intake. Period. End of story. There are no genetic conditions or medications that make a body defy the laws of physics. Not a single thing in the known universe can create or store energy without equal energy being added to the equation. Thermodynamics are infallible.
Eat too much, store that energy.
The only "genetic" factor would be a possible condition that makes someone feel hunger cues when they're not actually hungry, or satiety suppression. But they're still eating the food, even if they have a condition that makes resisting the urge to overeat difficult.
:roll:
Germany2263
Talker
Talker

Theirmom wrote:
Germany2263 wrote:
If you look at his genetic make up, (Brys mom and sister) we know there is a propensity for obesity. .
You're right about the carb heavy diet contributing to later-in-life type 2 risk, but there is no "genetic propensity for obesity". Weight is 100% determined by energy intake. Period. End of story. There are no genetic conditions or medications that make a body defy the laws of physics. Not a single thing in the known universe can create or store energy without equal energy being added to the equation. Thermodynamics are infallible.
The only "genetic" factor would be a possible condition that makes someone feel hunger cues when they're not actually hungry, or satiety suppression. But they're still eating the food, even if they have a condition that makes resisting the urge to overeat difficult.
My husband is an MD, PhD. who specializes in genetics. He has published articles in scientific/medical journals regarding the correlation. But ok
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

^ I believe you. I know many super skinny people who eat tons of food and stay skinny(my husband is one of them. He is just now gaining a little weight and not skinny as a rail at 30). I also know people who gain weight easily. I believe some people are more genetically prone to obesity.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Germany2263 wrote:
Theirmom wrote:
Germany2263 wrote:
My husband is an MD, PhD. who specializes in genetics. He has published articles in scientific/medical journals regarding the correlation. But ok
NOTHING in the entire Universe is exempt from the Laws of Thermodynamics. You don't have to believe that for it to remain the infallible truth. But I will not argue physics with someone on a gossip forum.
:roll:
francis3125
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by francis3125 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 7926fb.jpg[/img]

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

francis3125 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 7926fb.jpg[/img]

Thats vlog footage I want to see

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Is his mattress at the lowest level?
What's the point of having all those monitors if they sleep through that? I wake up if my daughter walks down the hall!
I just wonder how long he was fussing and being ignored before he decided to get up!
*If this really happened to begin with...

Last edited by lmmomSD on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Not to like stir the pot, but the three branches of science are very separate from each other. While in physics, energy in equals energy out. Biology is very different. Metabolism has a lot to do with how people process energy, and there probably is a genetic component there. It's like how in chemistry heating a catalyst makes a reaction go faster, but in biology the opposite happens. The branches of science do not correlate like that. But im a chemist so my knowledge of physics and biology is rudimentary.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

With all those cameras in their house no way can they say they don't have footage. I'm guessing a nanny got him out lol

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

usernamessuck wrote:Not to like stir the pot, but the three branches of science are very separate from each other. While in physics, energy in equals energy out. Biology is very different. Metabolism has a lot to do with how people process energy, and there probably is a genetic component there. It's like how in chemistry heating a catalyst makes a reaction go faster, but in biology the opposite happens. The branches of science do not correlate like that. But im a chemist so my knowledge of physics and biology is rudimentary.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Exactly. And muscle mass affects metabolism, so two people with different muscular makeups can consume the same amount of calories and one will store fat while the other burns them because he/she has more muscle mass. If it was an exact science, losing weight would be a lot easier.

Return to “Daily Bumps”