hippie_vegan_mama
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: J house vlogs

Unread post by hippie_vegan_mama »

emlyx wrote:I didn't like the name :/
Neither did I ... She's beautiful and I am so happy for them but I am not a fan of Janae... plus I saw some comments that people had figured out their last name - apparently its Johnston I am not a fan of Janae Johnston for a name... but of course it is their choice and if they like it then I am glad.
fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

I had so hoped they'd go with Audrey.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

It just doesn't seem like a name for a baby. Like I feel like it's more fitting for a teenager or an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Not a huge fan of the name either, I was also hoping they would go with Audrey but I think she will grow in to her name (like Gaines did)
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Terrible name. I honestly hate it so much.

I can just hear Forrest Gump saying "Jaanaay."
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

Don't like the name either. It doesn't go with their other kids names at all.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

I was hoping for Aubrey or Julia, two gorgeous names. But I do think that Janae will be a cool name for a teenager. Don't know why, but it makes me think of a shy, talented, philosophically inclined teenage girl who paints and goes to art galleries in her free time.
hippie_vegan_mama
Amateur
Amateur

sasperillo wrote:I was hoping for Aubrey or Julia, two gorgeous names. But I do think that Janae will be a cool name for a teenager. Don't know why, but it makes me think of a shy, talented, philosophically inclined teenage girl who paints and goes to art galleries in her free time.
Yes! I totally agree! Seems sorta weird for a baby but I guess to have it when your older you gotta have it as a newborn lol.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

They are the sweetest family. I am not crazy about the name Janae it just doesn't flow with their other names. She is gorgeous baby. I also liked how to down to earth and real the are. I appreciated that they got some new things that were necessary for the baby but didn't go out and buy all of this new stuff that other youtubers have been doing lately. I also would never guess they were Mormon I knew they were religious but they don't have that pushy "always perfect" Mormon vibe you get from other mormon youtubers. I just assumed they were some other Christian Denomination.
hippie_vegan_mama
Amateur
Amateur

nugget12 wrote:They are the sweetest family. I am not crazy about the name Janae it just doesn't flow with their other names. She is gorgeous baby. I also liked how to down to earth and real the are. I appreciated that they got some new things that were necessary for the baby but didn't go out and buy all of this new stuff that other youtubers have been doing lately. I also would never guess they were Mormon I knew they were religious but they don't have that pushy "always perfect" Mormon vibe you get from other mormon youtubers. I just assumed they were some other Christian Denomination.
Exactly!! all the mormon youtubers feel the need to push their views on everyone else (but tbh most christian denominations do too lol) but they are open with the fact that they are religious but aren't being preachy. I seriously love this family and I love them more every vlog. Idk I wish more people watched them than freaking OKbaby and Ellie and Jared LOL!
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

hippie_vegan_mama wrote:
nugget12 wrote:They are the sweetest family. I am not crazy about the name Janae it just doesn't flow with their other names. She is gorgeous baby. I also liked how to down to earth and real the are. I appreciated that they got some new things that were necessary for the baby but didn't go out and buy all of this new stuff that other youtubers have been doing lately. I also would never guess they were Mormon I knew they were religious but they don't have that pushy "always perfect" Mormon vibe you get from other mormon youtubers. I just assumed they were some other Christian Denomination.
Exactly!! all the mormon youtubers feel the need to push their views on everyone else (but tbh most christian denominations do too lol) but they are open with the fact that they are religious but aren't being preachy. I seriously love this family and I love them more every vlog. Idk I wish more people watched them than freaking OKbaby and Ellie and Jared LOL!
Yes agree I never understood the pushiness. We are Catholic but I never feel comfortable pushing my views on someone else unless they ask or are interested in our faith. I don't feel like it's my job or place so I never understood why these other groups do. I know they do deserve more views. I can NOT STAND Okbaby. I loved Ellie & Jared when they first started now they are show-offs and seem fake.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

There's something about them that is just so refreshing. They're raising their kids to be very smart, respectful & caring people while keeping it real in comparison to some of the other people on youtube. I get the same vibe from them & Samika. Just all around humble people. Which is always nice to come across in a sea of fake people :lol:
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: There's something about them that is just so refreshing. They're raising their kids to be very smart, respectful & caring people while keeping it real in comparison to some of the other people on youtube. I get the same vibe from them & Samika. Just all around humble people. Which is always nice to come across in a sea of fake people :lol:
I'm going to venture out and say that most bigger youtubers come off as "fake" because they got a ton of (deserved) criticism when they were just starting out and showing their true colors. I'm talking about unsafe sleep practices, bad parenting, use of culturally insensitive language, emotionally abusive behaviors, terrible homeschooling and the like. They adjusted by trying to present themselves as something that they weren't but that was more socially desirable. And now they present as marginally more adjusted but come off as fake. This family is different because they really are lovely. The parents love each other and the kids and they are smart and capable enough to make good decisions for their family. They don't need all that hyper-enthusiastic bull**** that we see in so many other family vlogs because they are great just the way they are.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really like that they are obviously religious but do not push it as an agenda.
hippie_vegan_mama
Amateur
Amateur

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
There's something about them that is just so refreshing. They're raising their kids to be very smart, respectful & caring people while keeping it real in comparison to some of the other people on youtube. I get the same vibe from them & Samika. Just all around humble people. Which is always nice to come across in a sea of fake people :lol:
Totally, refreshing is the perfect word. They aren't trying to pretend that their lives are perfect, but they are happy and enjoyable to watch. I really cannot get enough of them. Also I have to say all of their kids are really beautiful, but I really think Laura will be gorgeous especially when shes older! She has the prettiest eyes and the funniest, sassiest little personality. I am so happy for them with their baby and I sincerely hope that their channel prospers because they are a real gem in the youtube community!
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

It melts my heart the way Laura was talking to Janae in the vlog. Omg so precious <3 You can tell she loves being a big sister so far!
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I still absolutely hate the name. It just doesn't flow.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think Laura is going to be a singer! She just has a special something about her. Superstar quality.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Pineapples wrote:I think Laura is going to be a singer! She just has a special something about her. Superstar quality.
I agree. She should take lessons! She'd enjoy them.

Return to “I-P”