Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Lovethesnark wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I don't understand why they just can't put the fans away when they show the house? I certainly wouldn't leave them out. I wouldn't want to give the impression that the AC doesn't properly cool the upstairs. There's no way I would consider buying a house in Alabama that might have an AC problem. I wouldn't even store them in a closet upstairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was an AC problem they have to disclose it. Lots and lots and lots of people sleep with fans on just for the white noise and air circulation. I think living in Alabama makes it even more common, the south in general. I don't think they should worry about the fans. Worst case, have the realtor explain they just are used to sleeping with fans on. LOL If they had a problem with the AC upstairs, they arent going to be able to hide it in a few weeks anyway. Hell it's already been hot enough here to turn on the AC. The upstairs would be obviously uncomfortable if they had issues.
You can't always trust that a seller will follow the rules. A HVAC unit that doesn't cool properly at night is pretty easy to hide since an inspection would happen during the day. This is a house that is nearly 20 years old and it's not likely that the HVAC unit has ever been replaced. The HVAC unit recently flooded the basement. I'm not sure I would believe the owners just like to sleep with fans.
If they don't disclose that there is an issue and the buyers find it, and find that it was preexisting, the sellers and the realtor can be sued. It's in everyone's best interest that you don't lie on legal documents. In Alabama if the HVAC isn't working, it's going to be MUCH easier to tell during the day than at night. It would be hotter in the upstairs during the day than at night if it wasn't working. they had the HVAC unit replaced just last year or year before last when it actually DID go out. They haven't mentioned any issues since then and have talked about sleeping with the fans prior to moving into this home. I do not think they would lie about HVAC issues to their realtor. The fans shouldn't make or break a sale.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

This is also where home inspections come into play. All buyers should have a home inspection done on a home they are considering buying, and an inspector will 100% test to see if the HVAC is functioning, if it is not, and the buyers stated on the disclosure that it was in working condition, then you have every legal right to cancel your contract with the seller. Unless you are planning on buying the home without an inspection, seeing fans in the bedroom should not deter you.
Last edited by Playsinrain on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Lovethesnark wrote:I'm not sure I would believe the owners just like to sleep with fans.
Really? I feel like a lot of people sleep with fans on because of white noise and to feel cool at night. I don't think people want to set their thermostat to 67 degrees to run all night because their bill would be expensive, so a fan is a cheaper alternative.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I'm not sure I would believe the owners just like to sleep with fans.
Really? I feel like a lot of people sleep with fans on because of white noise and to feel cool at night. I don't think people want to set their thermostat to 67 degrees to run all night because their bill would be expensive, so a fan is a cheaper alternative.
100% agreed. especially in humid AF Alabama. You would go broke trying to keep your home that cool all summer.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Playsinrain wrote:
If they don't disclose that there is an issue and the buyers find it, and find that it was preexisting, the sellers and the realtor can be sued. It's in everyone's best interest that you don't lie on legal documents. In Alabama if the HVAC isn't working, it's going to be MUCH easier to tell during the day than at night. It would be hotter in the upstairs during the day than at night if it wasn't working. they had the HVAC unit replaced just last year or year before last when it actually DID go out. They haven't mentioned any issues since then and have talked about sleeping with the fans prior to moving into this home. I do not think they would lie about HVAC issues to their realtor. The fans shouldn't make or break a sale.
I'm not saying that I think they're trying to hide a problem or that they even have a problem at all. It's not uncommon for HVAC units to have issues at night. Coils freeze from being worked all day and at night the unit doesn't cool as well. If I were a buyer walking to their bedroom with a big massive fan, a small fan, and a ceiling fan, I would be skeptical. If they have a new unit, I wouldn't be as concerned.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:
100% agreed. especially in humid AF Alabama. You would go broke trying to keep your home that cool all summer.
I agree it is for the white noise, but two stories are not easy to keep cool. They now have their kids condition to white noise also. For two parents at home, it is surprising to see how they don't have a routine. I am not sure why you don't just leave JK at the kid's bedtime and bring them home to put in their own bed.

And they still haven't hit five hundred thousand. It will take another month at this rate so perhaps no mention of the give away until closer. And wow, the complaints about Cullen not helping with the kids or not up before ten in the morning. I don't know what to say. I can see both sides. Cullen does the vlog editing and Katie is home, but goodness, they are both home full-time. This is life with young kids and they want more? Ok, for those moms that their husbands are at work by 8:00 a.m., how do you get up early for breakfast everyday. Cullen needs to go to bed earlier so he is up before the day is half over to help with the kids and should still be able to vlog/edit.

But I still like their vlogs since they are real or don't show life is good all the time! I would like to know just how much time they put into their YouTube channel job (2 people) and compare it to those who work (1-2 people) full-time. The thing is I believe Cullen is putting in more time vlogging compared to others and unfortunately he isn't seeing results.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Does it really take that long to edit a vlog? I mean, the kids go to bed early. Even if he takes some "couple time", he shouldn't be up all night editing. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but after Shay's problems, I just wonder what he's doing all night that he has to sleep in so late. And I am not saying that he's got a cam girl, or even that he is doing something he shouldn't. Just surfing the web can suck hours away without you realizing it. One of my biggest issues with my ex was him staying up late on the computer, so I could be projecting. But (and I will preface this by saying I doubt it's another woman) I just have to wonder what is keeping him up all night "editing".

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

He admitted today that he is a night owl and he knows it's not the best thing. I sympathize with him bc i'm the exact same way. I'm a night owl as well, i stay up way way way too late at night and struggle to get out of the bed in the mornings. I would also hate to know that just bc i stay up late, I must be doing something i shouldn't be doing. I stay up watching TV or working on hobbies, I'm not up to no good. It's not fair to say or he must be doing something like what Shay did bc he stays up late. Maybe he is, but i would say with Cullen's track record of being super vocal about how he feels about cheaters, that the odds are pretty low that he is doing something he shouldn't be. Being a night owl isn't a morally bad thing, and just bc you are up late doesn't mean that you are cheating on your spouse or doing something inappropriate. Thats a lot of assumption that causes things to get twisted here. I know we have talked about it before, but i really don't assume the worst in people, and staying up late may make it where he's not as present in the mornings as he could or should be, but it doesn't make him a morally bad person like you are trying to say he is. I know the statements aren't about me personally, but being someone that struggles with being a night owl, its kinda hurtful that people just assume if you are up late you are being "bad"....
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I said twice in that comment that I didn't think there was anything "bad" going on. I just think it's BS that he's up late "editing". It doesn't take all night to edit a vlog. He could just be streaming movies or watching other vloggers. But the point is that he's staying up late and it's apparently affecting things because he can't get up in the morning.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:He admitted today that he is a night owl and he knows it's not the best thing. I sympathize with him bc i'm the exact same way. I'm a night owl as well, i stay up way way way too late at night and struggle to get out of the bed in the mornings. I would also hate to know that just bc i stay up late, I must be doing something i shouldn't be doing. I stay up watching TV or working on hobbies, I'm not up to no good. It's not fair to say or he must be doing something like what Shay did bc he stays up late. Maybe he is, but i would say with Cullen's track record of being super vocal about how he feels about cheaters, that the odds are pretty low that he is doing something he shouldn't be. Being a night owl isn't a morally bad thing, and just bc you are up late doesn't mean that you are cheating on your spouse or doing something inappropriate. Thats a lot of assumption that causes things to get twisted here. I know we have talked about it before, but i really don't assume the worst in people, and staying up late may make it where he's not as present in the mornings as he could or should be, but it doesn't make him a morally bad person like you are trying to say he is. I know the statements aren't about me personally, but being someone that struggles with being a night owl, its kinda hurtful that people just assume if you are up late you are being "bad"....
I think it is fine if you are up late if it isn't affecting your family. Clearly these late nights are causing problems in their life and that was Katie's complaint. But she is adopting the late nights too so both of them are having problems getting up, but Katie in the end is the one who does get up with the kids. I don't see where anyone assumes anyone is cheating or it is a moral issue, but for Shay it was and it wasn't his schedule that caused this.

The thing is, I don't think they get much done staying up late either. It isn't like Katie and Cullen are cleaning at ten at night, they are sitting relaxing. So, that in itself is a problem. They are under some extra stress with the house purchase and selling so they need a schedule now more than ever. I would say forget going out for awhile like Katie said and get things done! Going to a birthday party, church is fine, but no going out for lunch or limit your time at family events (enough to vlog) who you see all the time anyways. I feel like they didn't get much more stuff done this weekend with getting their house ready to put on the market. Geez...I feel like their mother lol.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I said twice in that comment that I didn't think there was anything "bad" going on. I just think it's BS that he's up late "editing". It doesn't take all night to edit a vlog. He could just be streaming movies or watching other vloggers. But the point is that he's staying up late and it's apparently affecting things because he can't get up in the morning.

You are right, but I don't see him wanting to change so life will go on... This was Katie complaining two years ago when she went back to work was how he slept in and you could tell she resented this since she didn't want to return to work. I also think their channel growth/views is giving them some concerns.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I doubt if it takes 2 hours to edit the vlogs. They're together for much of the day. He knows what footage they have. Cullen just likes to stay up. I understand being a night owl. I usually don't consider it being late until 3:00 am. When you have responsibilities, you should get up at a decent hour. It's really unfair of him to make Katie get up every morning with the kids while he's in bed until 10. That's not what adults do.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I shouldn't have mentioned Shay, because Cullen definitely isn't Shay. But even if he's not doing anything "bad", he's not being truthful if he's telling her he is staying up editing, and that is an issue, especially if he's sleeping in until 10, and she's annoyed that he isn't helping out in the morning.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I agree that he isn't being completely truthful with her. I'm sure she knows this. I imagine it feels shitty to go to bed every night without your partner, you know? There are only so many hours in a day that they can be alone. That time at night should be something they both appreciate. If she's leaving him up on the computer, I'm sure she feels a little lonely at times.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I kind of side with Cullen on this one. Yes Katie wakes up with the kids but she also does nothing at all with the vlogs besides vlog herself. Cullen probably does all the marketing as well as all the editing.
I also am also guilty of staying up late at night. It's my time alone to do hobbies, watch tv, do my eBay business, or just relax without kids. 99% of the time my husband falls asleep well before I do.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:I agree that he isn't being completely truthful with her. I'm sure she knows this. I imagine it feels shitty to go to bed every night without your partner, you know? There are only so many hours in a day that they can be alone. That time at night should be something they both appreciate. If she's leaving him up on the computer, I'm sure she feels a little lonely at times.
Well, being home together, they see each other a lot. Yet, there is something to ending your day together by going to bed at the same time. I think Katie's complaint was him not getting up helping with the kids, but honestly, she has been up late too.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

They seem to stay up late all the time going out and to Kelly and Jays, I've seen Gaines eat dinner after 10pm in the vlogs before. I think being at home all the time has all their schedules out of whack and poor Gaines is suffering with her night terrors. None of these vloggers have real schedules or normal lives anymore.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I kind of side with Cullen on this one. Yes Katie wakes up with the kids but she also does nothing at all with the vlogs besides vlog herself. Cullen probably does all the marketing as well as all the editing.
I also am also guilty of staying up late at night. It's my time alone to do hobbies, watch tv, do my eBay business, or just relax without kids. 99% of the time my husband falls asleep well before I do.

That's not true. They've both acknowledged that Katie handles a lot of the business side of their channels. Katie contributes besides vlogging herself. I think she should to learn to edit because I feel like both of them should be able to handle all responsibilities of their business. I don't think time he spends editing is equal to juggling the kids in the morning.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I kind of side with Cullen on this one. Yes Katie wakes up with the kids but she also does nothing at all with the vlogs besides vlog herself. Cullen probably does all the marketing as well as all the editing.

When I had kids that needed breakfast, I didn't have a husband who was home to do this so I went to bed early or suffered if I didn't. I don't believe Katie does much as far as the business end of their channel or editing.

I think they are both just tied and having kids in your thirties is not like your twenties....been there done that.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I shouldn't have mentioned Shay, because Cullen definitely isn't Shay. But even if he's not doing anything "bad", he's not being truthful if he's telling her he is staying up editing, and that is an issue, especially if he's sleeping in until 10, and she's annoyed that he isn't helping out in the morning.

We have no idea what he tells Katie he is doing. I get that it's annoying to her that he's not there with the kids in the morning. I'm not saying that his staying up late isn't an issue, but you are right that he shouldn't be compared to Shay without anything pointing towards something like that going down, other than him staying up late... We also shouldn't assume that he is lying to his wife about what he is up doing... I also doubt that everything he does late at night is work. I don't think he lies about using that time to edit, but I also don't think all the time he's awake is spent editing. He probably edits then does whatever he does to wind down and have me time. like I said, I realize it's become an issue with them and I agree that he should make the effort to get up earlier and get in bed earlier, it's just the assumptions that he's lying about it and the comparison to Shay and his issues that don't sit well with me. For all we know he could be sitting up late doing bible study....

Return to “Cullen and Katie”