soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: OKNoVlogToday: Part 10

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Thoseonevloggers wrote:
Gossipxo wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Dang kyra's snap alaya's face is COVERED by her mittens and that HUGE paci that legit takes up half her face. How do babies breathe with that thing blocking their nose?! oh and ofc blankets and hat and everything. How cold is their house?!
Did you notice in the blog kyra said alaya was getting a rash? Most probably heat rash?!
It looked like baby acne to me. My son had it and looked about the same, who knows though!
dang acne that young!?
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by msgmiscc »

Does it bother anyone else how every time they have guests over they hog their kids? It started with buggy and now they're doing it with Alaya as well. Like, people go to see and spend time with the baby, yet O and K are the ones always holding said baby
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

msgmiscc wrote:Does it bother anyone else how every time they have guests over they hog their kids? It started with buggy and now they're doing it with Alaya as well. Like, people go to see and spend time with the baby, yet O and K are the ones always holding said baby
Nope I don't like Kyra but I am a baby hog with my babies. I only let people hold my babies a few minutes because I don't like giving them up. When they are a few months old that changes. It's something only a mother understands.
flokofloz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by flokofloz »

sasperillo wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
wolflily23 wrote:whaaat!? Is Keren planning on standing over his crib the entire time he naps to make sure that giant blanket doesn't fall over his face!? What is wrongggg with these youtube moms!? I'm about to start flooding their social media with info about SIDS
Just when I thought they were getting better about the blankets! It seems to be a YouTube mom thing. I can't think of one YouTube mom that that I watch that doesn't put a blanket in the bed with the baby from day one.
Clearly they know about SIDS and the risks of blankets. They have been exposed to the topics multiple times and you bet hat they've had those conversations with their pediatricians. They both talked about the baby of that other YouTube who stopped breathing, and they both bought the owlet monitor. I think they just decided that the blanket part doesn't apply to them for some reason. It's like vaccines or climate change... there will always be some morons who are made aware of the data and decide that they don't believe it/ it doesn't apply to them. I mean Kyra and Oscar were aware that they should not let Oscar or Levi be close to the new baby when they were sick (they even said so) but then they showed footage of them sitting right next to her/ touching her anyhow. Francis Bacon said knowledge is power, I say "knowledge is power unless you're stupid and don't know what to do with it"
We don't know anything about vaccines (compared to climate change or blankets and SIDS) and the data don't help. Vaccines saved people (especially a long time ago), but also killed children (babies receive many vaccines when they are between 2-4 months old and this age range is also the peak age for SIDS). Some babies were healthy, and after the vaccines were diagnosed with severe autism spectrum disorder, that's sadly a fact. I live in a country were vaccines are not mandatory, and autism is definitely not as high as it is in America. I only had one vaccine, which was Diphteria, Tetanus and polio. I'm not anti-vaccines (my dad vaccines his patients and saved a few people), I just think that every child reacts differently and that is not an anodyne act. Vaccines are full of bad chemicals. I think we should not do several vaccines at one time or even vaccine babies before they turn 2 (which they did for one vaccine in China, and the infant mortality rate is actually decreasing).

"Is there evidence linking SIDS to vaccines?"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/
flokofloz
Amateur
Amateur

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
flokofloz wrote:
Midia wrote:I am very happy to know Oscar is enough open minded to not care if any of his children is gay. I was a little scared because he sometimes made weird comments and the title of the video was "my son wants girl toys": toys shouldn't be for girls or for boys, who care if a boy plays with a pink toy... anyway, happy to know it wouldn't be an issue!
He was kidding, and I think it was a little "attack" for some people of this thread who made comments about him being sexist. He wrote in the description: "Levi's favorite color seems to be pink just like his dad. P.s we don't care that he likes/wants girl toys". He also said that he doesn't care if his children are gay or if they are transgender. A sexist person would never say that.
He is definitely not bothered at all ;) and open-minded, yes.
lol ever heard of saving face? (not sure if you were being sarcastic or serious lol). But he was prob saying that to save face even tho he actually is bothered by it/would disown his kids if they were gay. Knowing his macho/sexist attitudes i wouldnt put it past him..he prob just doesnt want others to know he's a sexist pig
I don't think he is a sexist pig. Not with his kids at least! ;)

Midia wrote: Well for me there is NO toys for boys or for girls as I said in my comment so if he doesn't care that Levi likes pink it's good but if he says he doesnt care that his son play with "girls" toy it's weird for me. I am aware some people are really closed minded and in this area he is not. However sometimes he makes weird comments like for valentines day and doing a massage, he felt like he was looking his masculanity or whatever, maybe it's because he doesnt know how to express himself clearly without being offensive toward somebody but yes there are still some things he should work on (at least communication wise). That being said I didn't attack him in my comment (I didn't even talk about sexism), I said on this area he is open minded and I am very happy about it.
Same for me! But people here said that Oscar is bothered that Levi plays with "girl's toys" too. I don't see how else you could say that.
But yes, boy's or girl's toys should not exist at the first place. All my boys had a doll, long hair and wore pink haha!

I understood what you said, I didn't think you were attacking him. I also don't think he is sexist. Maybe you are right and he doesn't know how to express himself? Maybe he thinks it's funny? I don't know.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

flokofloz wrote:
sasperillo wrote:
wolflily23 wrote:whaaat!? Is Keren planning on standing over his crib the entire time he naps to make sure that giant blanket doesn't fall over his face!? What is wrongggg with these youtube moms!? I'm about to start flooding their social media with info about SIDS
Just when I thought they were getting better about the blankets! It seems to be a YouTube mom thing. I can't think of one YouTube mom that that I watch that doesn't put a blanket in the bed with the baby from day one.
Clearly they know about SIDS and the risks of blankets. They have been exposed to the topics multiple times and you bet hat they've had those conversations with their pediatricians. They both talked about the baby of that other YouTube who stopped breathing, and they both bought the owlet monitor. I think they just decided that the blanket part doesn't apply to them for some reason. It's like vaccines or climate change... there will always be some morons who are made aware of the data and decide that they don't believe it/ it doesn't apply to them. I mean Kyra and Oscar were aware that they should not let Oscar or Levi be close to the new baby when they were sick (they even said so) but then they showed footage of them sitting right next to her/ touching her anyhow. Francis Bacon said knowledge is power, I say "knowledge is power unless you're stupid and don't know what to do with it"
We don't know anything about vaccines (compared to climate change or blankets and SIDS) and the data don't help. Vaccines saved people (especially a long time ago), but also killed children (babies receive many vaccines when they are between 2-4 months old and this age range is also the peak age for SIDS). Some babies were healthy, and after the vaccines were diagnosed with severe autism spectrum disorder, that's sadly a fact. I live in a country were vaccines are not mandatory, and autism is definitely not as high as it is in America. I only had one vaccine, which was Diphteria, Tetanus and polio. I'm not anti-vaccines (my dad vaccines his patients and saved a few people), I just think that every child reacts differently and that is not an anodyne act. Vaccines are full of bad chemicals. I think we should not do several vaccines at one time or even vaccine babies before they turn 2 (which they did for one vaccine in China, and the infant mortality rate is actually decreasing).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/[/quote]

ugh this fool is back with her "doctor dad' and what he likes to do. i thought you left a while ago. there is absolutely no correlational or causational evidence that links vaccines to autism. Autism has a very strong genetic component. the dude who claimed there was a link came on and said that he lied about it. There is no link! there is a link between asd and maternal prenatal health, pesticide consumption, as well as certain things contained in the foods that are prominent in america and the increased use of technology started at a young age in developed countries. but vaccines. do. not. cause. autism. nor is there any relationship there. stop misinforming people. also this forum isnt the place for this debate whatsoever...noone even mentioned vaccines
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

flokofloz wrote:
sasperillo wrote: Clearly they know about SIDS and the risks of blankets. They have been exposed to the topics multiple times and you bet hat they've had those conversations with their pediatricians. They both talked about the baby of that other YouTube who stopped breathing, and they both bought the owlet monitor. I think they just decided that the blanket part doesn't apply to them for some reason. It's like vaccines or climate change... there will always be some morons who are made aware of the data and decide that they don't believe it/ it doesn't apply to them. I mean Kyra and Oscar were aware that they should not let Oscar or Levi be close to the new baby when they were sick (they even said so) but then they showed footage of them sitting right next to her/ touching her anyhow. Francis Bacon said knowledge is power, I say "knowledge is power unless you're stupid and don't know what to do with it"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/
Quod erat demonstrandum.
flokofloz
Amateur
Amateur

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote: ugh this fool is back with her "doctor dad' and what he likes to do. i thought you left a while ago. there is absolutely no correlational or causational evidence that links vaccines to autism. Autism has a very strong genetic component. the dude who claimed there was a link came on and said that he lied about it. There is no link! there is a link between asd and maternal prenatal health, pesticide consumption, as well as certain things contained in the foods that are prominent in america and the increased use of technology started at a young age in developed countries. but vaccines. do. not. cause. autism. nor is there any relationship there. stop misinforming people. also this forum isnt the place for this debate whatsoever...noone even mentioned vaccines
I don't understand why you are mean to me, or why you call me fool. It's looks like you are the one being disrespectful here. I have never left and I will stay as long as I want to (I'm not ready to leave, you will have to get used to it). Apparently, you only notice that I'm here when my opinion is different then yours or when I say something nice about OK. Well, you need to learn that people have different opinions sometimes. If you can't stand me, just don't answer to my messages. Life will be easier I promise :)

I have never said that vaccine were THE cause of autism. There is strong genetic component, a link with pesticide consumption, etc, yes for sure. Vaccines can also be considered as a factor, according to your genes, that's a fact even if you don't accept it (It's funny how people accept that chemicals in the pesticides might cause autism, but the ones in the vaccines are good for you). I don't misinform people and I don't tell them to not vaccinate their kids. They can do their own research. I do what I want, people do what they want. It's anyways a controversial topic, and we have no real answers at the moment (even though you talk like you absolutely know everything).

Well somebody did talk about vaccines because I quoted that person. I don't bring up subject like that.
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msgmiscc »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
msgmiscc wrote:Does it bother anyone else how every time they have guests over they hog their kids? It started with buggy and now they're doing it with Alaya as well. Like, people go to see and spend time with the baby, yet O and K are the ones always holding said baby
Nope I don't like Kyra but I am a baby hog with my babies. I only let people hold my babies a few minutes because I don't like giving them up. When they are a few months old that changes. It's something only a mother understands.

I am a mother and I don't understand it, it's incredibly rude. People make the time and effort to go spend it with the new baby and then they can't even enjoy the baby because the parents who will have them for the REST OF THEIR LIVES hog them
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

msgmiscc wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

I am a mother and I don't understand it, it's incredibly rude. People make the time and effort to go spend it with the new baby and then they can't even enjoy the baby because the parents who will have them for the REST OF THEIR LIVES hog them
I am not a mother but i could understand them not letting people hold their children more than a few minutes. I know my mom was that way too and i think it's pretty normal or at least i thought so ^^ when i have a baby i am pretty sure i won't feel at ease letting people - even family- take my baby more that a few minutes away from me and if i don't feel at ease i really wouldn't care about it not being polite even if i don't see why it's not polite to only let them hold the baby only a few minutes.
Jennai
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jennai »

Heronstriker wrote:Can't believe I've been watching these two dumbasses since they've had about 100k subs. I took a break when they hit around 350k, and just started watching them again. They were more enjoyable back then, a little more humble. I think if you've been around that long you'll know what I mean; they haven't changed that much in personality, but the lengths they've gone to completely turn their channel into some type of reality show is horrible. Their blogs used to have some sort of character to them, and were just chill to sit down and watch. Not to mention they were in the 15-20+ min marks but lately can't dish out a vlog past 10 mins lol.
I used to be obsessed with them when Levi was younger. He was so cute!!! But I was over them the minute they uploaded that hail video with that extreme click bait title LOL
Jennai
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jennai »

msgmiscc wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

I'm not a mother but is practically raising my niece and two nephews. I certainly don't get how it's rude though. It's up to the parent to decide if they're comfortable with guests holding their kids for a longer period of time. You don't know if they were sick recently or what they've been in contact with. My parents and sister actually asked visitors to wash their hands before holding the babies. Better be safe than sorry.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Jennai wrote:
Heronstriker wrote:Can't believe I've been watching these two dumbasses since they've had about 100k subs. I took a break when they hit around 350k, and just started watching them again. They were more enjoyable back then, a little more humble. I think if you've been around that long you'll know what I mean; they haven't changed that much in personality, but the lengths they've gone to completely turn their channel into some type of reality show is horrible. Their blogs used to have some sort of character to them, and were just chill to sit down and watch. Not to mention they were in the 15-20+ min marks but lately can't dish out a vlog past 10 mins lol.
I used to be obsessed with them when Levi was younger. He was so cute!!! But I was over them the minute they uploaded that hail video with that extreme click bait title LOL
Lol the OKBaby hail video is on the level of the KKandBabyJ clown video imo. Pure clickbait Hall of Fame.
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Newuser12345 »

Has anyone seen the small drama going on on kyra's twitter? A fan tweeted her saying she wanted to see more of Alaya, kyra replied back with a sarcastic comment and now loads of other fans are having a moan at this poor girl, and the ones who aren't moaning at her are now turning against kyra for letting the girl get hate

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

Sorry to double comment it just makes me sad to see how hateful okbaby fans can become even again other fans all in the name of defending okbaby. Kyra needs to realise that her fanbase is made up of mostly young girls, who might make silly comments every now and then but she cannot just make fun of them for it! She's going to lose her fanbase quickly if she carries on like that. I usually give okbaby the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but this time I'm pretty annoyed.

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

Newuser12345 wrote:Has anyone seen the small drama going on on kyra's twitter? A fan tweeted her saying she wanted to see more of Alaya, kyra replied back with a sarcastic comment and now loads of other fans are having a moan at this poor girl, and the ones who aren't moaning at her are now turning against kyra for letting the girl get hate

Which is why I don't understand why she responds to comments knowing all of her followers will see it. And "FANS" are crazy enough to DM people with evil and rude comments too.
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

daisy1000 wrote:
Newuser12345 wrote:Has anyone seen the small drama going on on kyra's twitter? A fan tweeted her saying she wanted to see more of Alaya, kyra replied back with a sarcastic comment and now loads of other fans are having a moan at this poor girl, and the ones who aren't moaning at her are now turning against kyra for letting the girl get hate

Which is why I don't understand why she responds to comments knowing all of her followers will see it. And "FANS" are crazy enough to DM people with evil and rude comments too.
Kyra thinks she is mature but she's acting like a teenager, I'm the same age as her and I wouldn't ever think to publicly embarrass a poor young girl like that, the fans are being so rude! This poor girl has tweeted kyra saying she feels bullied and the least kyra can do is tell her fans to stop tweeting this girl hate urgh so annoyed

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Newuser12345 wrote:
daisy1000 wrote:

Kyra thinks she is mature but she's acting like a teenager, I'm the same age as her and I wouldn't ever think to publicly embarrass a poor young girl like that, the fans are being so rude! This poor girl has tweeted kyra saying she feels bullied and the least kyra can do is tell her fans to stop tweeting this girl hate urgh so annoyed

What's going on??

Edit: I think I find what's going on!
Last edited by Midia on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

Midia wrote:
Newuser12345 wrote:
daisy1000 wrote: Which is why I don't understand why she responds to comments knowing all of her followers will see it. And "FANS" are crazy enough to DM people with evil and rude comments too.

What's going on??
Basically a fan tweeted kyra saying that she thinks they should show Alaya more and that Levi has had more attention, kyra then tweeted the girl back a sarcastic comment while quoting the girl so everyone could see and now okbaby fans have been tweeting this girl being argumentative and rude, and if you look at this girls twitter she is a total okbaby fan

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Newuser12345 wrote:Basically a fan tweeted kyra saying that she thinks they should show Alaya more and that Levi has had more attention, kyra then tweeted the girl back a sarcastic comment while quoting the girl so everyone could see and now okbaby fans have been tweeting this girl being argumentative and rude, and if you look at this girls twitter she is a total okbaby fan

That's horrible!! Poor girl, Kyra is really stupid, she may not have planned to but because of her, her fans are bullying this poor girl :( From what I can see, at least some people are clever enough to defend her!

Return to “OKBaby”