Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Nini12
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by Nini12 »

Lovethesnark wrote:I doubt if it takes 2 hours to edit the vlogs. They're together for much of the day. He knows what footage they have. Cullen just likes to stay up. I understand being a night owl. I usually don't consider it being late until 3:00 am. When you have responsibilities, you should get up at a decent hour. It's really unfair of him to make Katie get up every morning with the kids while he's in bed until 10. That's not what adults do.
I think that's a big reason why I get bored with C&K, they're always on a rush and being late, it seems like everything takes too much time for them.
Gaines goes to gymnastics, music (there have been a few times that they forgot about her classes) and she goes to pre-k once a week, doesn't she? Plus, she spends a day per week with her grandma, and they still say they don't have time to spend with Brooks and teach him stuff? Even Kelly who has 3 kids and her husband is at work takes care of Gaines sometimes.

I would understand this type of messy routine if they were young people but come on, aren't they around 35yo? They have two kids, it's time to change their habits.
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Nini12 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I doubt if it takes 2 hours to edit the vlogs. They're together for much of the day. He knows what footage they have. Cullen just likes to stay up. I understand being a night owl. I usually don't consider it being late until 3:00 am. When you have responsibilities, you should get up at a decent hour. It's really unfair of him to make Katie get up every morning with the kids while he's in bed until 10. That's not what adults do.
I think that's a big reason why I get bored with C&K, they're always on a rush and being late, it seems like everything takes too much time for them.
Gaines goes to gymnastics, music (there have been a few times that they forgot about her classes) and she goes to pre-k once a week, doesn't she? Plus, she spends a day per week with her grandma, and they still say they don't have time to spend with Brooks and teach him stuff? Even Kelly who has 3 kids and her husband is at work takes care of Gaines sometimes.

I would understand this type of messy routine if they were young people but come on, aren't they around 35yo? They have two kids, it's time to change their habits.
I was surprised at Cullen for how much he fought back about getting up with the kids. Katie was asking for her birthday to sleep in and I though his response was childish. I really doubt they'll change. Katie asking how you keep clutter away was a bit of a surprised at that since one would realize it is working at it or cleaning routinely. Cullen likes staying up late and too bad if it is affecting others.

These are my controversial thoughts is Cullen needs to work at a traditional job because he needs structure. They are looking at a new house which is harder to do as a YouTuber and their channel is doing so-so or a one person job. A job would provide health insurance and other benefits and it would force him to live in the adult world instead of this crazy one trying weird things to attract a young audience. Katie could run the YouTube business just like her sister is doing. If the channel is doing well, she can hire a housekeeper.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I totally get where Katie is coming from. And I know I am totally judging Cullen through my own experience. My ex never got up with the kids and we both worked. All I wanted on Mother's Day was to sleep in and come downstairs to fed kids and hot coffee. And he wouldn't do it. I can't believe Cullen pushed back about her birthday. Little selfishnesses like that can be really hurtful.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

lmmomSD wrote:I totally get where Katie is coming from. And I know I am totally judging Cullen through my own experience. My ex never got up with the kids and we both worked. All I wanted on Mother's Day was to sleep in and come downstairs to fed kids and hot coffee. And he wouldn't do it. I can't believe Cullen pushed back about her birthday. Little selfishnesses like that can be really hurtful.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I got your point and I agree. I look at Katie as a traditional mom where dads work and moms are at home. However, she is educated and I admire her for going on to grad school. I am going to focus on just one area and that is work. Katie's dad and Jay work hard as a physician and a lawyer and are out the door early every workday. I am sure their income reflects both these occupation which makes life easier. I can't help but wonder if she doesn't wish Cullen was more like this?
Sleuth2014
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sleuth2014 »

Ceirsten8676 wrote:What are we thinking their price range is? I was looking but I couldn't pinpoint what their price range would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found one of the houses they looked at (The first one they showed with the pool) on Zillow. That one is listed for $600k. The pool/back of the house is the main picture. They said they liked the other one they saw that day, but at least that shows the price range they're looking at.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Sleuth2014 wrote:
Ceirsten8676 wrote:What are we thinking their price range is? I was looking but I couldn't pinpoint what their price range would be.

I found one of the houses they looked at (The first one they showed with the pool) on Zillow. That one is listed for $600k. The pool/back of the house is the main picture. They said they liked the other one they saw that day, but at least that shows the price range they're looking at.
That would be a really, really cool house if they could get rid of all that nasty wallpaper and gold fixtures.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

I own several rental properties, and I can tell you that suing info is false. We ran into this when we purchased our first home. The owners had a window ac in the bedroom. We asked about it and was told it was bc the owners were "heavy" and got hot easily. We were suspicious. The mortgage company did an inspection and ck it off as working. Long story short, it wasn't. We were told there wasn't anything we could do bc we didn't pay out of pocket for an inspection. They considered the inspection done by Chase to be part of the appraisal process. A house is considered sold as is wo an inspection...unless if something else is written in the contract. We have since bought multiple other properties and have always paid for our own inspection. We also only use realtors...I will never again use a real estate agent bc there's a huge difference In that buying process.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

Cullen is in to
video games and they have had little snarky disagreements in vlogs a long time ago about how much time he plays. I may also be subconsciously projecting my issues on to them, but as a wife of a video game enthusiast l can almost guarantee you that is a lot of what he does after editing. I have spent more hours of my life than l care to even think about arguing with my spouse over playing those stupid games till 3/4 a.m. Those games are so addicting and you even become unaware of how fast time is passing. 1hr can feel like 10min. Doesn't Cullen have multiple game systems in that downstairs closet that he had that company Install storage and run wires for?

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Cullen has said before that he is easily distracted by social media when he is "editing," and I don't really find that suspect or odd at all, as someone who is awake and posting about his sleep patterns...at 4:30 am local time. I think he actually keeps up with other peoples' vlogs, which might not involve watching them all daily (which would take hours), but keeping up even semi-regularly with his online friends/contacts/whatever is still a large time investment. I can't say how long it really takes him to edit a barebones vlog consisting only of original content filmed that day, but he would need categorical knowledge of the little clips he inserts, or songs he uses, to put a decent vlog together with any quickness. I do think he puts in more effort (and time) than most of his "friends" and that being an easily distracted night owl is a good enough explanation for the hours he keeps. Video games may be part of it too.

As someone who has spent a good amount of time at home with my husband, I can definitely say that sometimes we need space from each other. It's not a matter of having a rocky relationship or any such thing, it's just that being home together 24/7 - for years - is a hell of a lot of time. And pressure. It doesn't strike me as unusual that he could love Katie and the kids, be faithful, cherish the opportunity to be home with them every day... And still enjoy being alone very late at night, while everyone else sleeps.

He should have just agreed to get up with the kids for Katie's birthday. I haven't seen that vlog yet, but from what is written here, it sounds like a reasonable ask. However, a few vlogs back, it came up that this is Katie's "birthday week." Other vloggers have mentioned "birthday months." Is this normal for adults?
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Is this the home they went back to see three times do you suppose? I know they liked one other one, until they discovered standing water. If they get this one it will need updating and it is a lot of house. I wonder why the listing didn't feature the primary kitchen?
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Cullen has said before that he is easily distracted by social media when he is "editing," and I don't really find that suspect or odd at all, as someone who is awake and posting about his sleep patterns...at 4:30 am local time. I think he actually keeps up with other peoples' vlogs, which might not involve watching them all daily (which would take hours), but keeping up even semi-regularly with his online friends/contacts/whatever is still a large time investment. I can't say how long it really takes him to edit a barebones vlog consisting only of original content filmed that day, but he would need categorical knowledge of the little clips he inserts, or songs he uses, to put a decent vlog together with any quickness. I do think he puts in more effort (and time) than most of his "friends" and that being an easily distracted night owl is a good enough explanation for the hours he keeps. Video games may be part of it too.

As someone who has spent a good amount of time at home with my husband, I can definitely say that sometimes we need space from each other. It's not a matter of having a rocky relationship or any such thing, it's just that being home together 24/7 - for years - is a hell of a lot of time. And pressure. It doesn't strike me as unusual that he could love Katie and the kids, be faithful, cherish the opportunity to be home with them every day... And still enjoy being alone very late at night, while everyone else sleeps.

He should have just agreed to get up with the kids for Katie's birthday. I haven't seen that vlog yet, but from what is written here, it sounds like a reasonable ask. However, a few vlogs back, it came up that this is Katie's "birthday week." Other vloggers have mentioned "birthday months." Is this normal for adults?
Katie will be 34 on Tuesday, this morning I suppose, and I'm certain Cullen will be up with the kids and allow her to sleep in as she requested. I don't tweet, so I can't remind him as she asked, lol. But honestly, whenever she needs Cullen to be there or handle something with the kids, he does so. And he does not gripe about it. He also supports his mother when she needs him, like when her dog passed away. He doesn't shirk his responsibilities and I don't believe he is doing anything innapropriate with his time after he finishes his editing. You're right, couples often need time and space to themselves. They have had issues with bedtimes before. Katie wants him to come to bed with her, and he states he is a man and she can't tell him when to go to bed. I think what we saw was a very tired Katie. She looked exhausted to be. Cullen might be wise to pay attention to her cues and not push it or joke about it when she can barely hold her head up.

Birthday weeks were something Cullen and Katie last celebrated before they had kids if I recall. I think that includes celebrating together, celebrating with family, maybe doing something on the weekends or with friends. It seems to be more common among young adults. Birthday months just seem altogether insane to me.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

My husband works full time, has a second part-time job writing and editing for a website and managing their social media, and is currently a full-time student. I'd say 90% of the time he's in bed with me by 11 PM, unless he needs to study late into the night. There's no way Cullen is up all night strictly editing the vlog, unless he's procrastinating and not starting until after midnight. That would really grind my gears and I'd probably want to see his browser history to find out what in the world he's doing all night.

They could always end the vlogs earlier and get the kids to bed at a reasonable hour to give him time to edit. Most adults (especially with kids) realize they're much more productive and happier if they stick to a routine and don't pull all-nighters. There are several things that I would imagine two stay-at-home parents with outside help could be on top of that they just aren't doing. They don't seems to have any concept of time management.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:Cullen has said before that he is easily distracted by social media when he is "editing," and I don't really find that suspect or odd at all, as someone who is awake and posting about his sleep patterns...at 4:30 am local time. I think he actually keeps up with other peoples' vlogs, which might not involve watching them all daily (which would take hours), but keeping up even semi-regularly with his online friends/contacts/whatever is still a large time investment. I can't say how long it really takes him to edit a barebones vlog consisting only of original content filmed that day, but he would need categorical knowledge of the little clips he inserts, or songs he uses, to put a decent vlog together with any quickness. I do think he puts in more effort (and time) than most of his "friends" and that being an easily distracted night owl is a good enough explanation for the hours he keeps. Video games may be part of it too.

Katie will be 34 on Tuesday, this morning I suppose, and I'm certain Cullen will be up with the kids and allow her to sleep in as she requested. I don't tweet, so I can't remind him as she asked, lol. But honestly, whenever she needs Cullen to be there or handle something with the kids, he does so. And he does not gripe about it. He also supports his mother when she needs him, like when her dog passed away. He doesn't shirk his responsibilities and I don't believe he is doing anything innapropriate with his time after he finishes his editing. You're right, couples often need time and space to themselves. They have had issues with bedtimes before. Katie wants him to come to bed with her, and he states he is a man and she can't tell him when to go to bed. I think what we saw was a very tired Katie. She looked exhausted to be. Cullen might be wise to pay attention to her cues and not push it or joke about it when she can barely hold her head up.

Birthday weeks were something Cullen and Katie last celebrated before they had kids if I recall. I think that includes celebrating together, celebrating with family, maybe doing something on the weekends or with friends. It seems to be more common among young adults. Birthday months just seem altogether insane to me.
Katie did say on twitter last night that she told Cullen she wanted a rain check on the day of sleep, just bc they have too much to do and gave Cullen a rain check that she hopes to cash in next month. She also said not to worry that there would be another set day for her to do just that. (Just saying that since i know some people won;t see it on twitter lol)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaOfThree wrote:I own several rental properties, and I can tell you that suing info is false. We ran into this when we purchased our first home. The owners had a window ac in the bedroom. We asked about it and was told it was bc the owners were "heavy" and got hot easily. We were suspicious. The mortgage company did an inspection and ck it off as working. Long story short, it wasn't. We were told there wasn't anything we could do bc we didn't pay out of pocket for an inspection. They considered the inspection done by Chase to be part of the appraisal process. A house is considered sold as is wo an inspection...unless if something else is written in the contract. We have since bought multiple other properties and have always paid for our own inspection. We also only use realtors...I will never again use a real estate agent bc there's a huge difference In that buying process.
that was the fault of the inspector though, the bank's inspector dropped the ball on you guys and thats a shame. I always recommend paying out of pocket for an inspection (unless you are a flipper or know there are issues that you plan on repairing ect..). Contracts have due diligence periods and if you had an independent inspection and they saw the HVAC was not in working order you could have cancelled the contract and gotten your earnest money back. The bank's inspector just wants the home sold. Did you see the property disclosure statement for the home? Was the agent you were working with also the selling agent for the property with the faulty HVAC?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wow.. some of the posts here are so paranoid, not only towards Cullen but also towards people in your own lives. Assuming he's lying about what he is up too, when we have absolutely no idea what he tells Katie he is doing.. Saying that you would demand to see your SO's browser history if they didn't go to bed when you did. My husband and i both are guilty of staying up later than the other on a semi regular basis. But we trust each other 100% bc we are a married couple. If my husband wants to stay up later than me watching movies, playing video games, browsing the internet.. then whatever. I don't automatically assume he's doing something that i need to go behind his back or demand to see everything he did, and he does the same with me. Katie and Cullen seem to have the healthiest relationship out of all the YT families that i watch. They show genuine love and affection for each other and i feel like there is a great deal of trust in that relationship. Sure Katie expressed being annoyed that she never gets to sleep in, which like i said is something Cullen needs to work on, but the paranoia over what he is doing at night is really getting deep here. He likes watching vlogs, playing video games that Katie doesn't like him to play in front of the kids. It seems like everyone here is just BEGGING for some bombshell to come out about Cullen staying up late. I guess thats the downside of being a vlogger that doesn't do stupid things on a regular basis. When one small issue comes up, everyone blows it way out of the water. This has went from Katie wanting to sleep in some to OMG YALL CULLEN IS A HORRIBLE MAN BE HE STAYS UP LATE!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't understand the mind set of wanting to see someone screw up. This is becoming the new "their house is so cluttered". Going back and forth for pages about a cluttered counter top like its something to call CPS about...
Cullen likes to stay up late! So what??? Sure, he needs to pick up some slack some mornings, but its not like Cullen is a subpar father all day long bc he sleeps in. He watches those kids any time Katie needs a break, with out hesitation and without making a fuss over it. I'm sure that Katie would love to have some time in the mornings to rest, and im sure that since she has vocalized that he will try and make a point to do that more often. But all in all Cullen seems like a great husband, and an attentive, caring father.
I'm not saying that he is without fault, nor am i just defending them for the sake of defending. I totally agree that Cullen needs to help Katie more in the mornings and if that means he needs to cut out the late nights then, yes, by all means, he should. But i do not agree with everyone making assumptions that hes up to no good or needs to be spied on while hes up, or that he is lying to his wife... they have a great deal of trust in their relationship, like all marriages should.

I will end this saying i have had a really rough few days with some family issues (things dealing with my nephew and my estranged father) and i have really been under a lot of stress and had some old emotional wounds reopened that haven't been visited for over 10 years. I'm sure thats spilling over here and making me more defensive and I'm sorry for that and shouldn't let that kinda stuff overflow on to people i don't know. But i just can't read this thread without feeling a little defensive for Cullen.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also, just to document it for the non twitterers (lol) , Cullen posted a pic on twitter before 9am their time of them at the storage unit with a full load of stuff to pack away. So he DID get up early to help this morning...
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Playsinrain wrote:Wow.. some of the posts here are so paranoid, not only towards Cullen but also towards people in your own lives. Assuming he's lying about what he is up too, when we have absolutely no idea what he tells Katie he is doing.. Saying that you would demand to see your SO's browser history if they didn't go to bed when you did. My husband and i both are guilty of staying up later than the other on a semi regular basis. But we trust each other 100% bc we are a married couple. If my husband wants to stay up later than me watching movies, playing video games, browsing the internet.. then whatever. I don't automatically assume he's doing something that i need to go behind his back or demand to see everything he did, and he does the same with me. Katie and Cullen seem to have the healthiest relationship out of all the YT families that i watch. They show genuine love and affection for each other and i feel like there is a great deal of trust in that relationship. Sure Katie expressed being annoyed that she never gets to sleep in, which like i said is something Cullen needs to work on, but the paranoia over what he is doing at night is really getting deep here. He likes watching vlogs, playing video games that Katie doesn't like him to play in front of the kids. It seems like everyone here is just BEGGING for some bombshell to come out about Cullen staying up late. I guess thats the downside of being a vlogger that doesn't do stupid things on a regular basis. When one small issue comes up, everyone blows it way out of the water. This has went from Katie wanting to sleep in some to OMG YALL CULLEN IS A HORRIBLE MAN BE HE STAYS UP LATE!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't understand the mind set of wanting to see someone screw up. This is becoming the new "their house is so cluttered". Going back and forth for pages about a cluttered counter top like its something to call CPS about...
Cullen likes to stay up late! So what??? Sure, he needs to pick up some slack some mornings, but its not like Cullen is a subpar father all day long bc he sleeps in. He watches those kids any time Katie needs a break, with out hesitation and without making a fuss over it. I'm sure that Katie would love to have some time in the mornings to rest, and im sure that since she has vocalized that he will try and make a point to do that more often. But all in all Cullen seems like a great husband, and an attentive, caring father.
I'm not saying that he is without fault, nor am i just defending them for the sake of defending. I totally agree that Cullen needs to help Katie more in the mornings and if that means he needs to cut out the late nights then, yes, by all means, he should. But i do not agree with everyone making assumptions that hes up to no good or needs to be spied on while hes up, or that he is lying to his wife... they have a great deal of trust in their relationship, like all marriages should.

I will end this saying i have had a really rough few days with some family issues (things dealing with my nephew and my estranged father) and i have really been under a lot of stress and had some old emotional wounds reopened that haven't been visited for over 10 years. I'm sure thats spilling over here and making me more defensive and I'm sorry for that and shouldn't let that kinda stuff overflow on to people i don't know. But i just can't read this thread without feeling a little defensive for Cullen.
I never said I demand to see my husband's browser history. I have no need to, because he's not up all night claiming to be editing a 10 minute vlog and scheduling Tweets. If my husband needs to stay up late to work, that makes sense because I know his work load. I said that if I were Katie and my husband was claiming he was up all night doing YouTube related work tasks, I would be suspicious that he's wasting a whole lot of time and making himself miserable in the mornings. He's either up to no good, or procrastinating big time. If it's affecting his marriage and a source of contention, then that's his wife's business too. It's a moot point, because Cullen is so not the type of man I would marry, but IF I were in a similar situation, I would want answers and a better understanding of what he does all night that has him sleeping in all morning. No one is claiming Cullen has a cam girl or a porn addiction, most people seem to be thinking he's surfing the web or playing games. Most adults with kids don't have the luxury of staying up all night for fun, because they're either taking care of kids or going to work in the morning (or working a night shift). Cullen is currently doing neither, so I see why Katie is frustrated.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Playsinrain wrote:Wow.. some of the posts here are so paranoid, not only towards Cullen but also towards people in your own lives. Assuming he's lying about what he is up too, when we have absolutely no idea what he tells Katie he is doing.. Saying that you would demand to see your SO's browser history if they didn't go to bed when you did. My husband and i both are guilty of staying up later than the other on a semi regular basis. But we trust each other 100% bc we are a married couple. If my husband wants to stay up later than me watching movies, playing video games, browsing the internet.. then whatever. I don't automatically assume he's doing something that i need to go behind his back or demand to see everything he did, and he does the same with me. Katie and Cullen seem to have the healthiest relationship out of all the YT families that i watch. They show genuine love and affection for each other and i feel like there is a great deal of trust in that relationship. Sure Katie expressed being annoyed that she never gets to sleep in, which like i said is something Cullen needs to work on, but the paranoia over what he is doing at night is really getting deep here. He likes watching vlogs, playing video games that Katie doesn't like him to play in front of the kids. It seems like everyone here is just BEGGING for some bombshell to come out about Cullen staying up late. I guess thats the downside of being a vlogger that doesn't do stupid things on a regular basis. When one small issue comes up, everyone blows it way out of the water. This has went from Katie wanting to sleep in some to OMG YALL CULLEN IS A HORRIBLE MAN BE HE STAYS UP LATE!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't understand the mind set of wanting to see someone screw up. This is becoming the new "their house is so cluttered". Going back and forth for pages about a cluttered counter top like its something to call CPS about...

You're being really ridiculous. This is a gossip website. People will speculate and discuss.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:

You're being really ridiculous. This is a gossip website. People will speculate and discuss.
Never said they shouldn't or wouldn't. I just think claiming Cullen is lying to Katie about what he's doing at night and assuming she needs to check his browser history bc he's doing something he shouldn't is a little much. People will also defend their opinions if they don't agree with said gossip. I don't see it as ridiculous at all.. I'm just discussing my take on the situation.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Ha, doesn't Katie know she only gets one day of the year to do whatever she wants? Mothers Day! ;) Either way, I can understand Katie's frustration. My husband is a night owl and stays up to watch sports or play GTA with his buddies which they talk through the game and stays up until 1am. I am the morning person, so I get up with my daughter who never sleeps past 5am and I wait for him to wake up around 9:30am and then I go to take a nap. This is what works for us. Cullen and Katie need to find a system that works for them.. and I know they will work something out because that's who they are. I knew Cullen would be up early for Katie's birthday because he's that type of guy and she would do something similar.

As for knowing what he's doing late at night, I don't think Katie has anything to worry about. To even think what my spouse would be doing just leads to assumptions and lack of trust in my opinion. If he does jerk off, who cares? That is probably the naughtiest thing he could do.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡

Return to “Cullen and Katie”