OKNoVlogToday: Part 10

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKNoVlogToday: Part 10

Unread post by sasperillo »

sarahbear123 wrote:Kyra wants to start her own daycare but when I was trying to get a job at a few when I was still in high school, they all said I need a hs diploma to work there. And She wants to own one....yeah ok
The sad truth is that daycare regulations in the US are abysmal and there are plenty of stories of babies dying due to neglectful providers, especially in daycares with religious affiliations. There is a huge range when it comes to quality- you probably interviewed at some of the better ones. I bet that if Kyra wanted to start one she probably could- and it would be a disaster!
Korik
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Korik »

Midia wrote: Who is saying she is a failure for wanted to be a mother?
for example:
dnbunny wrote: ... and to me, kyra seems like a major failure. Highschool drop out, has no other goals but to pop out two kids within a year of each other lol.
On all the other things I agree with you both.

My great grandmother didn't graduate from high school, had 5 kids, and was the best woman/mother I've ever met. On of my grandma's finished high school, but then was a SAHM, and she was perfect.
As I said, I myself have already completed a BA, an MA, and now finishing and MSc. I think if anyone (Kyra, your neighbour, your uncle's cousin's best friend, anyone, really) wants to "pop out two kids within a year", and has the means to support them, she is not "a major failure". Provided that they can support those children financially. However, that isn't the mother's responsibility alone, Oscar should definitely get a degree in a field that can support a big family if youtube money stopped coming for any reason. Or start a business like the Shaytards did with Makers Studios.

All I'm saying is that she (or anyone) is not a failure because she wants to be a SAHM, she might end up as a failure because she (and Oscar) didn't make sure that they have a long term plan for providing for their family. But the way some of you phrased it before implied the former and not the latter.
alliehaines
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by alliehaines »

Korik wrote:
for example:
dnbunny wrote: ... and to me, kyra seems like a major failure. Highschool drop out, has no other goals but to pop out two kids within a year of each other lol.

My great grandmother didn't graduate from high school, had 5 kids, and was the best woman/mother I've ever met. On of my grandma's finished high school, but then was a SAHM, and she was perfect.
As I said, I myself have already completed a BA, an MA, and now finishing and MSc. I think if anyone (Kyra, your neighbour, your uncle's cousin's best friend, anyone, really) wants to "pop out two kids within a year", and has the means to support them, she is not "a major failure". Provided that they can support those children financially. However, that isn't the mother's responsibility alone, Oscar should definitely get a degree in a field that can support a big family if youtube money stopped coming for any reason. Or start a business like the Shaytards did with Makers Studios.

All I'm saying is that she (or anyone) is not a failure because she wants to be a SAHM, she might end up as a failure because she (and Oscar) didn't make sure that they have a long term plan for providing for their family. But the way some of you phrased it before implied the former and not the latter.
I think what people are trying to say is that education is something that greatly increases the chances they will be able to support themselves and their children throughout their lives. Most of our great grandmothers didn't go to high school or college, that's irrelevant in this case. Point is that raising kids in today society often calls for a decent income and once youtube fails they will literally have nothing and as a parent that is irresponsible. Nothing is wrong with stay at home moms/dads either, it's just that that doesn't provide an income and you have to feed your children someway. If neither of them have any skills that will be very hard to do, especially if they have another child or two before their YT income dies down. It doesn't have to be college per se, just they have to start thinking long-term and it's very obvious they are not.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

But times are different now. I bet most of our great grandmothers and even grandmothers were stay at home moms because there weren't many other options for them. Many of the stay at home moms I know have degrees or had great jobs but they chose to stay home and raise the kids. And if they change their minds once their children are old enough they can easily enter back into the workforce. Kyra has no other option because she was failing high school before she even got pregnant. I know girls from my high school who have multiple kids and never finished high school too. The only difference between them and kyra is that they are living off welfare.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

And wanting to be a mom is awesome! I'm a mom, a lot of us on here are moms, but it shouldn't be your only accomplishment in life. And it seems that is kyras only great thing she's done so far which to me is pretty sad.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unknowngirly wrote:And wanting to be a mom is awesome! I'm a mom, a lot of us on here are moms, but it shouldn't be your only accomplishment in life. And it seems that is kyras only great thing she's done so far which to me is pretty sad.
Agreed. I think you want to develop into a person first, have kids second. That doesn't have to mean college for everyone, just developing your skills, intellect and personality so that your kids can look up to you and you have an identity besides "so and so's mom". Kids grow up and leave the house, being a mom is only a phase in someone's life (at least the active part). Do any of you watch 8 passengers? The mom is young (34 or 35) has six kids 14 and under and you can tell that her older kids are embarrassed by how simple minded she is. She tried homeschooling her fifth grader and couldn't keep up. She's musically talented but never did anything to establish herself as a person and it really shows. Her grammar is atrocious and her understanding of the world/history/science is close to zero. Working on yourself is an investment that pays off when you have kids. Kyra won't be able to offer much intellectual stimulation to her kids, hopefully the YouTube money will pay for a house in a great school district where her kids can develop on their own.
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

alliehaines wrote:
Korik wrote:
for example:

I think what people are trying to say is that education is something that greatly increases the chances they will be able to support themselves and their children throughout their lives. Most of our great grandmothers didn't go to high school or college, that's irrelevant in this case. Point is that raising kids in today society often calls for a decent income and once youtube fails they will literally have nothing and as a parent that is irresponsible. Nothing is wrong with stay at home moms/dads either, it's just that that doesn't provide an income and you have to feed your children someway. If neither of them have any skills that will be very hard to do, especially if they have another child or two before their YT income dies down. It doesn't have to be college per se, just they have to start thinking long-term and it's very obvious they are not.
When I read "and to me, kyra seems like a major failure. Highschool drop out, has no other goals but to pop out two kids within a year of each other lol." I don't read that she is a failure because she is a SAHM, this person said that she consider she is a failure because she had 2 young kids when she didn't finish high school and has no other goals, (as something to develop her personality for instance and experiences) that't different than saying she is a failure because she is a SAHM.
alliehaines wrote: I think what people are trying to say is that education is something that greatly increases the chances they will be able to support themselves and their children throughout their lives. Most of our great grandmothers didn't go to high school or college, that's irrelevant in this case. Point is that raising kids in today society often calls for a decent income and once youtube fails they will literally have nothing and as a parent that is irresponsible. Nothing is wrong with stay at home moms/dads either, it's just that that doesn't provide an income and you have to feed your children someway. If neither of them have any skills that will be very hard to do, especially if they have another child or two before their YT income dies down. It doesn't have to be college per se, just they have to start thinking long-term and it's very obvious they are not.
EXACTLY! All I say is do whatever you want but have a BACKUP PLAN!!! Always think long-term!! I think working help me develop myselgf and I advise anyone to have work experience BUT I would never look down on stay at home parent, however I am hard tim respecting people who doen't plan ahead especially with children, right now OK have youtube but what will happens in 1,5, 10 years when they are no youtube or when their minion grow up and stop caring about them? And when I say that I am not only thinking about Kyra, but also about Oscar, he doesn"t have a backup plan either (they should both hae a backup, in case youtube fails or/and in case they split up!)
hippie_vegan_mama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hippie_vegan_mama »

no one is a failure for being a sahm or wanting to be a parent. but too often the woman who has minimal education, and a lack of work experience end up with no means of supporting themselves or their children if their husband dies, divorces/breaks up, or loses their job. plus as previously stated active motherhood only lasts for a period of time and after that what will you do? this doesn't necessarily mean you need to go to college or have some defined term for success before having kids - i think everyone needs something that they can fall back on and that gives them some shapes to their character. i definitely don't think kyra is a failure for being and wanting to be a mom but the failure aspect comes from having no true aspirations or drive to accomplish anything else/ create any sort of backup plan for her and her children (which tbh she needs with that asshole of a guy oscar )
Korik
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Korik »

Thank you ladies, finally a meaningful discussion and not just judging and bashing other people! I'm glad I brought up the topic. Props to all the well-thought-out replies.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

So I'm bored and want to talk about something.
How much does everything think they REALLY make? Personally I think they make $1000 on each video, at least, they get an average of half a million views on each video, so they have to be getting at least $1000 on each video? So around 30k a month?
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

missy-1010 wrote:So I'm bored and want to talk about something.
How much does everything think they REALLY make? Personally I think they make $1000 on each video, at least, they get an average of half a million views on each video, so they have to be getting at least $1000 on each video? So around 30k a month?
Thoughts?

That's actually what I had in mind for the main channel but I would say between 30K and 50K because of Kyra's channel and sponsors' videos which can bring a lot of money!!
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm surprised no one has said anything about oscars comment that they would probably not even be together if it weren't for Levi. I would be hurt if my partner said that about our relationship.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Midia wrote:
Thoughts?

That's actually what I had in mind for the main channel but I would say between 30K and 50K because of Kyra's channel and sponsors' videos which can bring a lot of money!!
Seriously even if they put HALF towards taxes, they probably pocket like 15 k a month, their bills are probably like 1500 a month, because I bet they paid for the car in cash or paid off quite a bit of it at purchase. I guarantee we will be seeing them get a house soon, and a nice one too, maybe even a fixer upper. I admire how frugal they live for the most part. I feel like Kyra has a good head on her shoulders when it comes to money.

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

missy-1010 wrote:
Midia wrote:
Thoughts?

Seriously even if they put HALF towards taxes, they probably pocket like 15 k a month, their bills are probably like 1500 a month, because I bet they paid for the car in cash or paid off quite a bit of it at purchase. I guarantee we will be seeing them get a house soon, and a nice one too, maybe even a fixer upper. I admire how frugal they live for the most part. I feel like Kyra has a good head on her shoulders when it comes to money.

It's really good the are careful about money and plan to buy a house, it's a really good investment.
I hope the house will be with both their name on it and not just Oscar since they are both contributing to their revenues (I don't know why but sometimes he just have this "controlling" vibe that makes me uncomfortable)
Unknowngirly wrote:I'm surprised no one has said anything about oscars comment that they would probably not even be together if it weren't for Levi. I would be hurt if my partner said that about our relationship.
I was not surprise because It wasn't the first time I heard him say that and he should definitly has phrased it differently because it was hurtful, if he had said something like "without Levi, we problably wouldn't have gain enough maturity to stay together for long" that would have been way better, he wouldn't have sounded like an ass but that's Oscar... I said it before and i repeat it he definitly needs to work on his communication skills because or he sounds like an ass, or like an idiot
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

^^^(avoiding comment tree)
You say you don't know why, but he comes off as controlling. Here are some reasons off the top of my head:
- he tries to control Kyra's diet
- he belittles her physical appearance
- he comments on how badly she smells when she's pregnant
- for the longest time he didn't let her edit
- he says she is boring and her vlog content is boring
- he is controlling with money
- he vetoes many parenting decisions that should be joint
- he tells her what to do (see rencent vlog where Kyra says "when Oscar is awake he tells me what to do, since he's asleep I don't know what to do in the house"
- he constantly dissociates from her ("I just want to make sure they know it's your vlog, not mine")
- he complains about all activities that are her idea (like the massage)
- his wants always come first (they kept going to damn sushi restaurants while she was pregnant and couldn't eat sushi)
- he controls their time (always sleeping/procrastinating on editing/stopping car trips to fly the drone)
- he is so condescending that she doesn't feel safe making personal channel videos around him and has to wait for him to leave the house
I could go on and on and on...
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

sasperillo wrote:^^^(avoiding comment tree)
You say you don't know why, but he comes off as controlling. Here are some reasons off the top of my head:
- he tells her what to do (see rencent vlog where Kyra says "when Oscar is awake he tells me what to do, since he's asleep I don't know what to do in the house"
- he constantly dissociates from her ("I just want to make sure they know it's your vlog, not mine")
- his wants always come first (they kept going to damn sushi restaurants while she was pregnant and couldn't eat sushi)
- he controls their time (always sleeping/procrastinating on editing/stopping car trips to fly the drone)
- he is so condescending that she doesn't feel safe making personal channel videos around him and has to wait for him to leave the house
Thank you for explaining why I have this vibe about him :D (I was actually too lazy to think of the reasons why and you did it perfectly ^^) these are indeed some reasons why he makes me uncomfortable (so I REALLY hope when they buy a house, she will also have her name on it and hope that one day she will try to invest herself in getting a degree or something to develop her personality and have possibility to be more independant). I am also concerned that Kyra sometimes doesn't say when Levi is misbehaving because she thinks Oscar is too "strict", if she feels that ay why did she chose to have a second child with him? I don't have kids yet but I don't understand any couple can have kids together if they don't agree with the way they want to raise them...
maryinl8
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by maryinl8 »

Unknowngirly wrote:I'm surprised no one has said anything about oscars comment that they would probably not even be together if it weren't for Levi. I would be hurt if my partner said that about our relationship.
Wait when did he say that I must've missed it
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

maryinl8 wrote:
in a COTD a while back
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

sasperillo wrote:^^^(avoiding comment tree)
EXACTLY. idk if it's the macho attitude that the man is the head of the house and should make all the decisions that he has or if he's just a control freak but he is so emotionally abusive and manipulative towards kyra, it's scary. when she said "idk what to do since oscar's asleep bc he usually tells me what to do" HUGE red flag. girl RUN. wtf. That is just so wrong on so many levels..
maryinl8
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by maryinl8 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
maryinl8 wrote:
in a COTD a while back
ohhhh I thought they meant he said it in todays vlog

Return to “OKBaby”