Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Blehmieux, you make good points but that's why I said if I HAD to choose. I feel like at least Joel put in his time to make a good honest living before they were able to get to this point. He's a hard worker around the house and they seem to be more normal and down-to-earth compared to other vloggers. With that being the case it makes me feel like ...well if somebody's going to get the reward it may as will be them or others like them.

I will admit she has sold out in some aspects. I especially can't stand her love for the Daily Bumps. Like what's the appeal other than the preteens they could bring to her channel? I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

AutumnLane wrote:I can see why people would say that about Cullen and Katie. For some reason I was never able to become interested and stay up to date. I always felt like it was more Cullen's channel. Besides the fact he can be annoying I prefer mom style vlogs because I can relate. One reason I really enjoyed Bonnies channel much more before the renovation.

I'm not sure exactly why some channels take off and others don't. Look at ChanAndFam she's been daily vlogging for years and has tons to snark on. Yet she barely has any subscribers despite that fact and is hardly discussed here.

YouTube's weird.

I agree, plus the problem I have with C&K is that they are still looking to upgrade their lives. Rumour has it they are looking at $600K homes. That's unrealistic IMO. B&J by comparison have just continued to renovate their old home. A wise investment even if they were to ever sell.

And Bonnie and Joel are the only vloggers I've actually seen ever acknowledge that YT won't be an option forever.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

With all of this talk about who deserves the success more really made me think. It's outrageous and actually sad people get paid thousands & thousands of dollars for just taking videos of their life, exposing their kids and putting out personal information. There are people who save lives and work so hard in their profession, whatever that may be, & they don't even make that much. It just makes you think that they should be so damn thankful that they've been put in this situation because it's a crazy one for sure.
(Not saying Bonnie isn't necessarily thankful... I mean, she gets so emotional over her situation at times. :lol: But, just in general about everyone in this "business". )
Silentbob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Silentbob »

menehune wrote:
AutumnLane wrote:I can see why people would say that about Cullen and Katie. For some reason I was never able to become interested and stay up to date. I always felt like it was more Cullen's channel. Besides the fact he can be annoying I prefer mom style vlogs because I can relate. One reason I really enjoyed Bonnies channel much more before the renovation.

I'm not sure exactly why some channels take off and others don't. Look at ChanAndFam she's been daily vlogging for years and has tons to snark on. Yet she barely has any subscribers despite that fact and is hardly discussed here.

YouTube's weird.

I agree, plus the problem I have with C&K is that they are still looking to upgrade their lives. Rumour has it they are looking at $600K homes. That's unrealistic IMO. B&J by comparison have just continued to renovate their old home. A wise investment even if they were to ever sell.

And Bonnie and Joel are the only vloggers I've actually seen ever acknowledge that YT won't be an option forever.
Having lived in Alabama, Florida, and Minnesota. I can tell you that's a very stupid rumor unless the move into a freaking mantion. Cost of living and the market is pretty cheap compared to other parts of the country/states. My aunt and uncle Still live in Gulf Shores in a fairly large, then brand new when they bought it house, and their mortgage wasn't even close to that.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Silentbob wrote:
menehune wrote:

YouTube's weird.

Having lived in Alabama, Florida, and Minnesota. I can tell you that's a very stupid rumor unless the move into a freaking mantion. Cost of living and the market is pretty cheap compared to other parts of the country/states. My aunt and uncle Still live in Gulf Shores in a fairly large, then brand new when they bought it house, and their mortgage wasn't even close to that.
I believe a house they looked at was in that price range.
Maad_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Maad_ »

English is not my first language so I do not know if I understood it right in today's vlog, please help me here:

So they both were outside while a 3 (or 4, I don't remember) yeard old was completely alone, awake, in the basement?

So 1 year old had enough time to put a toy somewhere in the fireplace and was not being seen by an adult while doing that?

I still enjoy watching Bonnie but today my jaw dropped twice ;/ And I start to wonder - maybe I'm just overprotective control freak? I'm so confused now
ihateliars
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ihateliars »

If she wasn't so focused on getting the perfect shot and actually watch her children she would have seen him fall in!! That was disgusting to watch a mother care more about the camera than her own child!! do you think she left a complaint with Jumpzone?? Doubt it!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:With all of this talk about who deserves the success more really made me think. It's outrageous and actually sad people get paid thousands & thousands of dollars for just taking videos of their life, exposing their kids and putting out personal information. There are people who save lives and work so hard in their profession, whatever that may be, & they don't even make that much. It just makes you think that they should be so damn thankful that they've been put in this situation because it's a crazy one for sure.
(Not saying Bonnie isn't necessarily thankful... I mean, she gets so emotional over her situation at times. Image But, just in general about everyone in this "business". )
I've ranted about this before. My sister teaches special needs kids, and doesn't make anywhere near what these people do. And add in firemen, cops, etc. My ex had sailors under him who were on food stamps. They're leaving their families to defend our freedom, and have to get food stamps to feed their kids. I understand that sortof the same argument can be made for entertainers and athletes, but they at least have a talent that the general public finds valuable. But you expressed it very well. Just wanted to say I agree 100%.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I can only imagine what the other parents at the trampoline park must have been thinking when they saw this mother more concerned about dropping her camera than comforting her scared and crying child. I was bothered watching it on YouTube, I can't imagine how I'd react if I would have been there to witness something like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bonnie and EJ are gossiped about in Logan for all the stuff they do for vlogging content.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I would never have guessed you could get a car in a gas fireplace like Lincoln did. It is a good reminder you can't take your eyes off a toddler.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Bonnie please don't brag about keeping your kids' toothbrushes in seperate drawers when we just saw you using Joel's toothbrush on Boston a few days ago.

I wish she spent as much time on education and getting her kids out of the house as she does on cleaning. Thank goodness Joel takes the kids places instead of sitting them in front of the tv every day.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Parkerwar wrote:Bonnie please don't brag about keeping your kids' toothbrushes in seperate drawers when we just saw you using Joel's toothbrush on Boston a few days ago.

I wish she spent as much time on education and getting her kids out of the house as she does on cleaning. Thank goodness Joel takes the kids places instead of sitting them in front of the tv every day.
I am going to take this is she learnt not to share toothbrushes in the future (from viewer comments) with her showing tooth brushes in separate drawers. You would think that would be common sense, but not always. I do see Joel being home results in the kids get out more.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Parkerwar wrote:Bonnie please don't brag about keeping your kids' toothbrushes in seperate drawers when we just saw you using Joel's toothbrush on Boston a few days ago.

Yes. I was going to write something similar. In general I think B&J are pretty decent parents, but I definitely feel like there are more enriching activities for a 3 year old than watching mom clean out the toothbrush drawers. If this was a one-time thing, fine, but unfortunately I don't think it is.

Edited to Add: I am one of those perhaps annoying people who thinks that 'all babies are cute' but my God Lincoln is SOOOO adorable.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

pllfan5 wrote:I can only imagine what the other parents at the trampoline park must have been thinking when they saw this mother more concerned about dropping her camera than comforting her scared and crying child. I was bothered watching it on YouTube, I can't imagine how I'd react if I would have been there to witness something like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bonnie and EJ are gossiped about in Logan for all the stuff they do for vlogging content.
Could you imagine the show that the other parents got at the trampoline park? This, Ellie acting like a child, Ellie & Jared swinging from the rope together... I feel the second hand embarrasment. Obviously, it wasn't Bonnie's fault with what happened but the way she handled the camera situation.. :/ She kept repeating that she could only use one hand because of the camera. She even said she was recording Olivia then ran when she heard Cody... well why couldn't you hurry up and remove the camera strap off your wrist on the way over so you could quickly grab him out of there? These situations just make you think. Then she proceeded to film herself & Cody after he was out so the parents were probably like wtf?
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Boston steals my heart more and more every day! He's such a lover and really does seem so smart.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, is Cody's birthday in April and Boston's in May? Or is it the other way around?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I saw it mentioned earlier that someone has heard Bonnie mention that they understand YouTube won't last forever - could someone point me in the direction to what vlog that was from? I can't seem to remember what vlog that may be from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alym0326 wrote:I saw it mentioned earlier that someone has heard Bonnie mention that they understand YouTube won't last forever - could someone point me in the direction to what vlog that was from? I can't seem to remember what vlog that may be from.

She's said it a couple different times. I think the most recent was in the "Did Joel Quit?" vlog....

It was discussed here at the time, so it might show up in a Google search?
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
alym0326 wrote:I saw it mentioned earlier that someone has heard Bonnie mention that they understand YouTube won't last forever - could someone point me in the direction to what vlog that was from? I can't seem to remember what vlog that may be from.

She's said it a couple different times. I think the most recent was in the "Did Joel Quit?" vlog....

It was discussed here at the time, so it might show up in a Google search?
Awesome! Thank you :D I don't know how I can't remember it!

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

I get the whole thing about the camera being attached to her wrist by the strap (therefore not being able to let go) which made her have to hold the camera in her hand so as not to let it dangle down into the whole where Cody was in case it bashed him on the head etc.

But there's that and then there's her decision to hold the camera at a precise angle in order to film him. It was an emergency and the quicker thing would've been to stuff the camera into the palm of her hand any which way, rather than take even another second to make the mental decision to angle it so as to get_the_shot of Cody in distress. Ugh, I dunno.

There's a conflict of motherly instinct to filming your child who's potentially hurt and actually not knowing at that point to what degree. I get that if a kid is able to call out for his momma he's probably not gravely injured. But still. It seems it's a line vloggers feel the need/willing to cross in order to get that 'good' footage for the views.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

tratra58 wrote:I would never have guessed you could get a car in a gas fireplace like Lincoln did. It is a good reminder you can't take your eyes off a toddler.
Am I the only one who got the impression one of the older kids did it, and they decided to blame Lincoln since none of them would fess up?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”