Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

violet-kelsey black wrote:
socks123 wrote:I really do not like Corbin. I can't really put my finger on it, but he seems super fake to me. Also I hate when he says "my love".
Why does it bother everyone that he says that? lol I think it's cute, but I guess that's because my husband and I say that a lot. I do find him annoying sometimes. He seems clueless about things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To me it sound condescending and put on for the benefit of others. I'm sure in your case it's natural, but Corbin and Kelsey do vlog, and it's always seems like it's just another part of painting a perfect relationship picture. It reminds me of when couples use PDA on Facebook. "My Love" just seems different from "Babe" or "Dear." There could be worse things though.... is much worse when couple use "lover" IMO.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I call my husband "my love" and now I'm making a conscious effort to shorten it to simply "love" because Corbin is so off-putting to me.

I'm surprised Bryan is waiting for Corbin to post his vlog before posting theirs. Couldn't they save the birth footage for tomorrow and only show certain things if they don't want to steal their thunder? I guess it's another way to drum up attention for their friends and make sure the Daily Bumps audience also clicks over to their channel.
907ninja
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 907ninja »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I call my husband "my love" and now I'm making a conscious effort to shorten it to simply "love" because Corbin is so off-putting to me.

I'm surprised Bryan is waiting for Corbin to post his vlog before posting theirs. Couldn't they save the birth footage for tomorrow and only show certain things if they don't want to steal their thunder? I guess it's another way to drum up attention for their friends and make sure the Daily Bumps audience also clicks over to their channel.
I call my husband "Love" as well.

I don't have a problem with them saying "my love" all of the time.
I'd rather hear that than "hubby"
For some reason, I can not stand it when people say "hubby"
Everyone has their pet name annoyances.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I call mine boo, babe or daddy. lol I've realized in the past few years that people think thats creepy.. to call your husband daddy.. but honestly, it's just habit since we had kids. We call each other momma and daddy bc we have kids, it just stuck.. So no i don't call him that bc we have some weird "daddy" relationship going on, i just call him that bc thats what my kids call him and vice versa. Pet names don't bug me much. I do hate "lover" though.. HS, i'm with you on that one, lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
violet-kelsey black wrote:
socks123 wrote:I really do not like Corbin. I can't really put my finger on it, but he seems super fake to me. Also I hate when he says "my love".
Why does it bother everyone that he says that? lol I think it's cute, but I guess that's because my husband and I say that a lot. I do find him annoying sometimes. He seems clueless about things.

To me it sound condescending and put on for the benefit of others. I'm sure in your case it's natural, but Corbin and Kelsey do vlog, and it's always seems like it's just another part of painting a perfect relationship picture. It reminds me of when couples use PDA on Facebook. "My Love" just seems different from "Babe" or "Dear." There could be worse things though.... is much worse when couple use "lover" IMO.
Yep. And it sounds so stilted. Like he's not really comfortable saying it, but feels like he should have some unique endearment for her.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The worst thing about "my love" is that when these two hang around with B&M, Bryan starts calling Missy "my love". *Shudder*

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

i wonder if they'll upload the birth vlog today
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

If youre going to wait to show the baby for the clicks at least get a vlog up. It could be 10 seconds of here she is. I dont care but put something up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

I'm actually staying up a little bit longer hoping that the vlog will be up. I wonder if Bryan keeps bothering Corbin, telling him to hurry up so he can upload his vlog.

westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I hate the way he says "my love" too. But it's the way he says it, not the pet name itself. "Awwwww-ha-ahhh my loooooove" yuck.

They did ho to a biryhing class. During her 34 week bumpdate thry talk about how it was soooo long being 8 hours and while Corbin was excited and positive about it, Kelsey implied she didn't learn much. She only mentioned a couple of things like not realizing laboring in the bathroom as an option, the 5 love languages applied to a birthing scenario, and the BRAIN acronym to help make decisions about interventions.

It's interesting because she keeps mentioning anxiety about interventions and the hospital. In her case I agree a doula that would have come to there apartment during her early labor phase would have been helpful. I think she pushed the labor to start since it's pretty common to have contractions occasionally in late pregnancy, then they didn't rest when they should have (the sporadic contractions likely would have gone away if she had truly relaxed, drank water and went to sleep), and since the contractions weren't very regular she started to get anxious about progressing. By the time she made it to the hospital/birthing center (we she admitted already made her feel anxious and they never truly toured it so it was unfamiliar) she was already worked up which makes contractions more painful and you could tell she was really disappointed she wasn't even 4cm dialated yet at that point. She didn't progress much from that point because she was tired and stressed out. Of course she needed an epidural (nothing wrong with that).
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Yep you nailed it on the head. With my 2nd, I had regular contractions 2 days before the actual labor. My doula & midwife told me to sleep, and guess what? They went away. When I was in active labor, I tried to sleep and they got worse. That's how you know. The difference is, I wasn't in a rush so I took their advice and was okay with them not lasting. They needed someone they trusted who was actually knowledgable about birth-- doula will do that!! Family is nice, but the don't know shit about it except their own experiences.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

WOW! I thought I would be late seeing the latest vlog because I was at work. Almost 6 p.m. and no birth video? I wonder if he will wait until tomorrow to build suspense.

EDIT: I see DBs are waiting to post their vlog until after Corbin posts his. Jeez, hurry up!!
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

westwuff wrote:I hate the way he says "my love" too. But it's the way he says it, not the pet name itself. "Awwwww-ha-ahhh my loooooove" yuck.

They did ho to a biryhing class. During her 34 week bumpdate thry talk about how it was soooo long being 8 hours and while Corbin was excited and positive about it, Kelsey implied she didn't learn much. She only mentioned a couple of things like not realizing laboring in the bathroom as an option, the 5 love languages applied to a birthing scenario, and the BRAIN acronym to help make decisions about interventions.

It's interesting because she keeps mentioning anxiety about interventions and the hospital. In her case I agree a doula that would have come to there apartment during her early labor phase would have been helpful. I think she pushed the labor to start since it's pretty common to have contractions occasionally in late pregnancy, then they didn't rest when they should have (the sporadic contractions likely would have gone away if she had truly relaxed, drank water and went to sleep), and since the contractions weren't very regular she started to get anxious about progressing. By the time she made it to the hospital/birthing center (we she admitted already made her feel anxious and they never truly toured it so it was unfamiliar) she was already worked up which makes contractions more painful and you could tell she was really disappointed she wasn't even 4cm dialated yet at that point. She didn't progress much from that point because she was tired and stressed out. Of course she needed an epidural (nothing wrong with that).
I think you nailed it. They were so excited to get things going and for this to be true labor, probably normal first time parent excitement plus the fact they've been clickbaiting and drumming up excitement for the labor and birth for weeks now, and the inevitable payday coming. Plus the fact they were counting the hours from when she felt the first twinge, obviously it sounds worse to be only 4cm dialated after 36 hours of labor rather than the couple hours she was probably truly in active labor before getting the Epi

907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

Corbin just tweeted that the birth vlog will be up in 10 mins.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

That is the worst thumbnail

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

I cried like a baby. But I do have to say I always cringe seeing women birthing on their backs..
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think there was a lot they could have left out and things I would have liked to see, like Kelsey's mom's reaction. Shirtless Corbin.... :barf: :barf: :barf:
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Wow she really didn't handle giving birth well..
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I don't know, normally birth vlogs make me cry and this one didn't, her screeching was kind of crazy, she had an epidural, I can imagine it being really tiring but all the screaming? It also really irks me when the stats aren't shared, I want to know her weight and height. Sorry if I offended any women who screamed. I had hyperemesis and puked between each push and contraction, I still didn't scream or cry just some grunting.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”