MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby vs. KKandBabyJ

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Notachild wrote:I am pro KKandbabyJ. Khoa and Keren have a beautiful home and beautiful children. Jackson says many words and has been for a while. We don't see but a small portion of their day but I think Jackson is perfect and I personally love his chirps. They keep a clean home and the obviously love each other. Okbaby on the other hand have problems keeping a small apartment clean and can't keep a healthy sleep schedule. Oscar and Kyra act more like friends raising children. Levi doesn't talk more than Jackson unless you are counting the script that is put on the screen when he makes noises. Oscar's obsessed with putting Levi to bed or nap time. Like that's his favorite part of the day. He should have put the camera down and held him while at the baby's Dr's appointment. Feel bad for Levi. Also love that Khoa has a successful career and is a hard worker. Watching O and K is like watching a high school play. Khoa and Keen deserve so many more subscribers.
jackson doesnt say any words tho? he only chirps and screams. ba and na and ma are babbling, not words. levi deff says a few more than jackson does and is at the very least expressive with his emotions and actions and shows comprehension and cognition when his parents talk TO him (instead of at him like k and k do with jackson). levi understands how things work like taking out the trash, vacuuming, and how tools work and helps with chores like doing laundry. He understands and responds to his name . i dont see jackson doing ANY of that. he seems so blank all the time poor kid :/
Please tell me what words Levi says? I have never heard him do anything but babble. Jackson has at least said momma and ball. Yes Levi does have more skills than Jackson but I wouldn't call his language developed at all or even call him in track for his age. 1-3 words isn't enough for his age. My son is 16 months, so younger than Levi and Jackson, he says 8 words. And has tons of understanding of instructions etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Newmomma wrote:
Newmomma wrote:
Speak respectfully if possible. It says AT LEAST. I'm talking about target/maximum. You call your son advanced by barely touching the milestone or going past it? smh. After 50 words there's a "word spurt" nd that's when they start grasping words.
The doctor did say my son was doing great and ahead of where he should be. He says 8 words and isn't even 16 months until the 7th. When I look up how many words a 16 month old should know I read up to 7 words. 99% of children are not going to say 50 words at 17 months. My son is over a full month younger than Jackson. He also understands a lot of what I say. "Bring me your cup" "where's your belly?" "Sit in your chair" "bring me the ball" "give me a hug" etc... the "word spurt" happens about 18 months. 18 months is when language explodes for most toddlers. My 1st son went from a few words to 2 word sentences at that age. I won't be worried about Levi or Jackson's language unless they are still not talking by 18 months.

Yes, for 15 months 8 words is good. So in 3 months wouldn't he have picked up 12 extra words? Especially with an older sibling? I said 20-50 being the maximum.
I don't know where you got "99%" from.
No "word spurt" is not how brain commands ok you turned 18 months, you're gonna have language explosion. But its when the capacity of the brain develops( 50 words is just a mark).Can be 18 months or 20 months.
I didn't say their language development is worrisome. They need their parents now to help them teach. People here have a misconception that Levi's vocabulary is high and Jackson is way behind. No, levi imitates the words and its not his vocabulary. Both the sets of parents need to work.
Yep they are both behind which I said. I also don't understand why people think Levi is advanced. He said like 2 words. He doesn't even say momma and dada? My son started saying those at 8 months old. I really think Jackson would learn a lot more words without that paci.

Yes I agree my son is on track to learn 20 words or more by 18 months because he learns one every few days all of the sudden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

i dont think anyone thinks or says levi's vocab is advanced just his seeming comprehension and responses to commands and words is more advanced than jackson as is his albeit small vocab (whereas jackson hasnt formed any comprehensible word that he attaches with meaning thru action)
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Notachild wrote:I am pro KKandbabyJ. Khoa and Keren have a beautiful home and beautiful children. Jackson says many words and has been for a while. We don't see but a small portion of their day but I think Jackson is perfect and I personally love his chirps. They keep a clean home and the obviously love each other. Okbaby on the other hand have problems keeping a small apartment clean and can't keep a healthy sleep schedule. Oscar and Kyra act more like friends raising children. Levi doesn't talk more than Jackson unless you are counting the script that is put on the screen when he makes noises. Oscar's obsessed with putting Levi to bed or nap time. Like that's his favorite part of the day. He should have put the camera down and held him while at the baby's Dr's appointment. Feel bad for Levi. Also love that Khoa has a successful career and is a hard worker. Watching O and K is like watching a high school play. Khoa and Keen deserve so many more subscribers.
jackson doesnt say any words tho? he only chirps and screams. ba and na and ma are babbling, not words. levi deff says a few more than jackson does and is at the very least expressive with his emotions and actions and shows comprehension and cognition when his parents talk TO him (instead of at him like k and k do with jackson). levi understands how things work like taking out the trash, vacuuming, and how tools work and helps with chores like doing laundry. He understands and responds to his name . i dont see jackson doing ANY of that. he seems so blank all the time poor kid :/
Please tell me what words Levi says? I have never heard him do anything but babble. Jackson has at least said momma and ball. Yes Levi does have more skills than Jackson but I wouldn't call his language developed at all or even call him in track for his age. 1-3 words isn't enough for his age. My son is 16 months, so younger than Levi and Jackson, he says 8 words. And has tons of understanding of instructions etc.

i just replied to another comment you made describing what i meant. BA is not ball. MaAAA is not mom especially when he doesnt show any comprehension of what those words mean. he doesnt show that the ball he is playing with is ba or goes up to keren saying maaa. again noone is claiming levis vocab is a lot more advanced than jackson's just that his level of comprehension attached to said words seems to be. Jackson doesnt attach action or show comprehension that the ball is "ba" or that maaaaa is keren. He just babbles it. that doesnt show comprehension. Levi said hi sissy to his sister. He says yes and ya when responding to kyra or oscar's questions. he pointed at landon and said bayy. and he just shows more comprehension overall for objects, their meanings, and the words attached to them. both are behind but levi is a bit more advanced than jackson. as i said before i dont think anyone thinks or says levi's vocab is advanced just his seeming comprehension and responses to commands and words is more advanced than jackson as is his albeit small vocab (whereas jackson hasnt formed any comprehensible word that he attaches with meaning thru action)
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

^^^

Ba and maaa are considered words from a language acquisition perspective if they are used appropriately (when holding a ball or asking for mom) . I've seen Jackson use ball in the right context several times, but don't recall him using mama correctly. Any arbitrary sound is considered a word of the child consistently uses it with the referent, so "baba" for water would also be considered a word. I think Levi's only word is "hi" but it's unclear whether he's using it appropriately or only repeating it when hi parents ask him to. Either way both of their language skills are fine- at most one standard deviation below the mean for their ages. Still, jackson's binky needs to go, as do the constant videos- those are likely stunting his development.
Last edited by sasperillo on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

When they brought Alaya home from the hospital he said clear as day "hi sissy"
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sasperillo wrote:^^^

Ba and maaa are considered words from a language acquisition perspective if they are used appropriately (when holding a ball or asking for mom) . I've seen Jackson use ball in the right context several times, but don't recall him using mama correctly. Any arbitrary sound is considered a word of the child consistently uses it with the referent, so "baba" for water would also be considered a word. I think Levi's only word is "hi" but it's unclear whether he's using it appropriately or only repeating it when hi parents ask him to. Either way both of their language skills are fine- at most one standard deviation below the mean for their ages. Still, jackson's binky needs to go, as do the constant videos- those are likely stunting his development.
same can be said for jackson and ball. he said baa while the ball was rolling but only bc khoa kept saying it. he didnt attach meaning. levi said hi sissy and uses hi appropriately
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

Oh come on don't tell me people you actually heard Levi saying "hi sissy". It just sounded like it and they put the subtitles like they always do when he's babbling something that seems to be words. Neither of them talks. They have very different characters that's all.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Newmomma »

nebula wrote:Oh come on don't tell me people you actually heard Levi saying "hi sissy". It just sounded like it and they put the subtitles like they always do when he's babbling something that seems to be words. Neither of them talks. They have very different characters that's all.

Lol without mama or dada he started speaking 2 word sentences :D but without those subtitles I haven't even heard him say hi properly just follows the command and attempts to repeat it. Except for yeah and shaking head no I haven't seen him use his vocab in context. He's good at imitation and following commands.

As kareṅ said Jackson says night night when he's sleepy or hungry when he's hungry, Levi has never used any words in context.
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

nebula wrote:Oh come on don't tell me people you actually heard Levi saying "hi sissy". It just sounded like it and they put the subtitles like they always do when he's babbling something that seems to be words. Neither of them talks. They have very different characters that's all.

Im not into arguing about something that was clearly on video. Yes I heard hi sissy VERY clearly. Yes he repeated it as his parents said "say hi sissy" but it was still clear enough that the subtitles were not needed. I dont see either kid say all that much from day to day but when someone said he hadnt said any words besides those two, that was incorrect.
rosethorn12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rosethorn12 »

We actually haven't heard Jackson say hungry anymore. I think the only word Jackson says and understands what it means is night night. Jackson does say ball but I'm not sure he knows what it means. He would definitely strive if he didn't have a pacifier. I have to look but on one video he is screeching and the clip is cut off then he has a pacifier. No Keren teach him not to scream, don't just shove a pacifier.
Levi on the other hand only says hi. But he is a lot more expressive and can stack up blocks, makes car noises, attempts to read, vaccums.
Each kid is learning in their own way but their parents need to work with them more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
rosethorn12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rosethorn12 »

rosethorn12 wrote:We actually haven't heard Jackson say hungry anymore. I think the only word Jackson says and understands what it means is night night. Jackson does say ball but I'm not sure he knows what it means. He would definitely strive if he didn't have a pacifier. I have to look but on one video he is screeching and the clip is cut off then he has a pacifier. No Keren teach him not to scream, don't just shove a pacifier.
Levi on the other hand only says hi. But he is a lot more expressive and can stack up blocks, makes car noises, attempts to read, vaccums.
Each kid is learning in their own way but their parents need to work with them more.

Forgot to mention that Jackson does kick a ball too.

Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I feel like Levi visiting will be good for Jackson. Already he is without his paci for the whole of today's vlog. It's actually really nice to see the 2 boys running and playing together. Very cute.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

rosethorn12 wrote:We actually haven't heard Jackson say hungry anymore. I think the only word Jackson says and understands what it means is night night. Jackson does say ball but I'm not sure he knows what it means. He would definitely strive if he didn't have a pacifier. I have to look but on one video he is screeching and the clip is cut off then he has a pacifier. No Keren teach him not to scream, don't just shove a pacifier.

i have never heard jackson say hungry. and naaaa doesnt equate with night night and he doesnt only say it when he's tired if you watch the vlogs lol
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

when he hears yes levi nods his head and when he hears no he shakes it so he understands that and uses them accordingly too and when kyra asks him to do things, he understands and does those things so he has a higher level of comprehension than jackson. When kyra tells him to dance he dances for ex.
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

i have never heard jackson say hungry. and naaaa doesnt equate with night night and he doesnt only say it when he's tired if you watch the vlogs lol
Watch recent vlogs of KK when kareṅ says he kept saying night night and went to bed early and how exhausted he was. Well we didn't hear but doesn't mean it didn't happen? She had 2 kids crying and being grumpy wouldn't blame if she wasn't recording.
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:when he hears yes levi nods his head and when he hears no he shakes it so he understands that and uses them accordingly too and when kyra asks him to do things, he understands and does those things so he has a higher level of comprehension than jackson. When kyra tells him to dance he dances for ex.
Frankly I don't think Levi understands those questions. My niece is as old as Levi and if you ask her any question, even questions like "do you think mama drives well?",based on the tone/her mood she says "yaa" or "nah". Its hilarious. I think even Levi does the same based on the questions asked to him. But yes his following command is excellent!
But her vocab is amazing. She knows her ABCs, draws lines, builds blocks, knows animals, knows trash/wash for clothes and garbage. Once she hit her head against the bed frame and looks up saying" momo monkeys ping on the bed". :D but then again my SIL is a paediatrician so no surprises. Lol
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
Watch recent vlogs of KK when kareṅ says he kept saying night night and went to bed early and how exhausted he was. Well we didn't hear but doesn't mean it didn't happen? She had 2 kids crying and being grumpy wouldn't blame if she wasn't recording.
i did.. and you can clearly see him saying naaa naaaa even when he isnt sleepy lol. Keren lies a TON. i frankly dont believe much that comes out of her mouth
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
i did.. and you can clearly see him saying naaa naaaa even when he isnt sleepy lol. Keren lies a TON. i frankly dont believe much that comes out of her mouth
But naa naa isn't same as nigh nigh?
Okay..I can't make a person believe some internet person over internet. lol I don't know karen personally neither came across her lying, maybe cos I don't pay much attention and correlate. But considering the fact that Khoa told he's picking up words and associating them, I would give the benefit of doubt. Toddlers that age need not say the whole word, it's hard for people outside the family to understand them at that age.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Naa naa can mean night night. My son says naa nai. Their words can be one syllable or said incorrectly, but if they associate it with a meaning it is counted as a word. Like he says ba for bath and baw for ball. Those count.

Everyone hates the poor child's mom so much, they want him to be super delayed when he is really not that far behind. You guys also love Levi so much you want him to be ahead of Jackson. Both Levi and Jackson are speech delayed, Levi is a little more delayed in speech than Jackson. Jackson is more advanced than Levi in his physical skills, walking running and climbing. Levi is more advanced with his social skills with following direction etc. I think Jackson does fine with that though he kicks a ball and points to his nose, he also associates the controller with the boosted board and brought it to khoa so he could go for a ride.

And before you say anything I hate keren and Kyra but love the babies, I watch to see them grow and develop because they are close in age to my youngest son.

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

^^^ I agree.
I just think all children are so different at this age that it's hard to compare their development.

Hate the parents all you want but the kiddos are sweet and shouldn't be compared so harshly.

Where one may seem advanced the other might be delayed and vice versa, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the child, kids just develop in different ways at different speeds.

Return to “OKBaby”