Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HelloSweetie wrote:Even when Ollie was little it was Bryan's job to do the diaper changes. My guess is that Missy is training Corbin and Kelsey on how to do things their way.
It's not a bad thing. If the mother feeds the baby, the father can change most of the diapers. We wouldn't bat an eyelash if only the mother changed diapers, so I don't see why a stay-at-home (mostly...?) father wouldn't be able to do diaper duty the majority of the time.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I dont know how long they will last without a breakdown. Corbin looked pretty stressed holding june while she was sleeping.

Also, i hate when people dont knoe how to swaddle/change diapers. Like take a parenting class. No one is born with the inate ability on how to care for babies, but most people try and learn before their actual child gets here. That gets to me, but i might be projecting my own experiences onto them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

usernamessuck wrote:I dont know how long they will last without a breakdown. Corbin looked pretty stressed holding june while she was sleeping.
Probably realised that no amount of faux deep hipster phrases like 'little love' are gonna calm her down when she's screaming her 'little lungs' out.
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

Newborns sleep a ton the first 2 weeks. Oh just wait until the 3 week growth spurt guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

Anyone else find it weird how much Missy was there visiting them? I would have been annoyed by that in general. The hospital staff was probably like is this some out-there 3 some family? lol Also, it's not her vlog, she is not the person who had the baby. Also, Corbin not knowing how to change a diaper and swaddle is just scary, he should have taken a parenting class. I think almost every hospital offers a getting ready for baby class. Also, if they spend so much time around Missy and Bryan couldn't they have practiced diapering on Finley? It just makes me wonder what else they will be clueless on when it comes to childcare.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:The video wasn't terrible, I just cant stand Corbin! Also, every time I heard him say "she doesn't cry" all I could think was just you wait Corbin!!

They'll be interesting for a bit now, I kind of want to see how they actually implement the whole nobody bother us just do our chores and leave us alone with baby bit....hello, people are coming to see baby. Sure some will be willing to do some chores for you but most just want to see the baby!
I left a nasty comment on their baby league video about that stupid list. I told them they are not hospice patients who can't do anything, especially Corbin. Argh they are so ignorant, rude and have an entitled attitude.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I'm guessing Kelsey's mom and Missy leave tomorrow and then they are on their own. I predict a meltdown within a week after that....
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just realized that they have made Missy their errand slave - she dealt with the placenta thing (and filmed it for them) and picked up Kelsey's meds for her (and probably paid for everything). They are really lazy. Corbin should have done both of those things!!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:I just realized that they have made Missy their errand slave - she dealt with the placenta thing (and filmed it for them) and picked up Kelsey's meds for her (and probably paid for everything). They are really lazy. Corbin should have done both of those things!!!
Amazing how she's so together. She's not losing stuff left and right, and actually managing to get around a strange city. And her giddy attitude. So weird.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I wonder if the naturopathic doctor (they can't just say "pediatrician"?) will tell K&C that the hospital did everything wrong and caused Juniper a slew of fake health problems that they'll try to peddle them a bunch of snake oil to "cure"? Okay, hopefully the doctor isn't that bad, I just imagine certain other YouTubers I've known who only went to naturopaths and it was pretty scary.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OMG! After watching their vlog and DBs, it's obvious their tiny apartment is super noisy. It's too bad the baby looks like Corbin. :( :(
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Bet now they appreciate pregnancy more. Newborns are hard. If they think the first days are rough just wait until the growth spurts start..
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

"We didn't get much sleep last night"
Yeah welcome to parenthood.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yeah, don't plan on sleeping a full night for the next few years. It happens, but it's not something to count on!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Uhm how come Kelsey's mom was literally doing EVERYTHING in the vlog

nugget12
Talker
Talker

I found it obnoxious and rude when they are both laying in Bed meanwhile Missy and Kelsey's mom are making them an Hello Fresh meal just for the 2 of them. I would never make something like that and not make enough for everyone in the house. Again for people who act like because they had a baby they deserve to waited on hand and foot. What are Missy and Kelsey's mom supposed to eat?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Where are Corbin's parents?? He must not have a great relationship with them. His mom skipped the baby shower and they didn't even bother to come see the new baby?? That's just strange.
Trish020
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Trish020 »

alyssadt wrote:Uhm how come Kelsey's mom was literally doing EVERYTHING in the vlog

Thank you!! Kelsey isn't above anyone for pushing a kid out of her crotch. EVERYONE DOES THAT! I didn't have anyone do shit for either of my kids.. One was a vaginal birth of 61 hours and my second was a csection. I did everything besides get up and get my ibuprofen the first night home from my csection. She needs to get a clue!!

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Trish020 wrote:
alyssadt wrote:Uhm how come Kelsey's mom was literally doing EVERYTHING in the vlog

Thank you!! Kelsey isn't above anyone for pushing a kid out of her crotch. EVERYONE DOES THAT! I didn't have anyone do shit for either of my kids.. One was a vaginal birth of 61 hours and my second was a csection. I did everything besides get up and get my ibuprofen the first night home from my csection. She needs to get a clue!!

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk
Women like Kelsey, Missy and Ellie think giving birth somehow turns you into a goddess and makes you a completely new and better person. They don't live in reality and don't have to as long as those around them catering to instead of educating them.
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

I might be wrong but isn't bed sharing pretty heavily discouraged for newborn babies due to increased risk of SIDs? While June is kinda cute I just don't think I will be able to put up with watching them with things like going to a naturopathic doctor. I have enough trouble holding my tongue with parents of kids in my class who don't get their kids vaccinated (and that is only cause I don't want to lose my job!) so I don't think I will be able to handle their way of doing things...

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”