Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by Scar2016 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I'm sure we could make a huge list of things these people from this area say that are grating to the English language. My ultimate nitpick is the, "Boston, you're so gewwd ta share with Lincoln." "Evie, you're so good to not run away like a stark raving mad lunatic." "Calvin, you're so gewwd ta not complain about being the red-headed step/child."

And the beast, "You sure do like seein' yer mama's old bed, dontcha, OH-livia." "We sure do like when we get ta see ya. Yer gonna be such a great mama, arentcha?/yer such a great little mama, arnetcha, OH-livia?" -Grandma Griffiths.
These mothers speak for their children and their feelings far too often. You learn learn quickly that that came straight from Jennifer. I.HATE.IT!!!!
It's not even subversive brain washing ref OHlivia believing that her only role in life is a mother when she grows up, it's out there blatant. Just because it's said in a soft voice doesn't make it any less brrain washing, in some ways it makes it more creepy Stepford Wives-ish. Maybe the Griffiths female children will break free and have a Children of The Corn uprising lol. And the Griffiths male children will choose laid back accommodating wives with careers. I know I know, I'm dreaming lol.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by littlebaby »

All the Griffiths sound pretty similar in general, but the way Jennifer pronounces "Ellie" like "Aellie/Eillie" (not sure how I should spell it) grinds my gears more than most of their speech quirks. I hear it most in Jennifer and Bonnie, but Bonnie's intensifies when she's around Jennifer. They add a little hook to the El- part of Ellie and I can't stand it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Is Cody only in preschool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

tratra58 wrote:Favorite line from Boston lol "I hate smoothies." That darn kid is so funny.
He was always sooo funny. I always remember how I was laughing while watching a video of Christmas 2015 when he was eating sweets the entire time his family was opening presents. He is a very special little boy.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:Is Cody only in preschool?

I think he is in Kindergarten.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Turning your back on a baby running towards the street is so very Bonnie.
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

tratra58 wrote:

But his spelling D:
you can call me kath.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Parkerwar wrote:Turning your back on a baby running towards the street is so very Bonnie.
I was just coming on here to post that! "Lincoln, stay here" she turns her head and you can clearly see him running towards the street and I swear I heard a car.
About the grammar, I absolutely hate the "gewwwd jawwwb" they all do it and I can't stand it!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

kathpt wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

But his spelling D:
For a kid who did not know all his letters prior to starting school, his spelling is not bad.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:
kathpt wrote:[

For a kid who did not know all his letters prior to starting school, his spelling is not bad.

I agree. A discussion back a couple of months ago looked at these kids kindergarten readiness. I sited articles saying this was not usual in Utah and some legislators were looking at full day kindergarten to compensate for this lack of readiness.
JM16Canada
Talker
Talker

Unread post by JM16Canada »

Parkerwar wrote:Turning your back on a baby running towards the street is so very Bonnie.
Glad I'm not the only one who nearly had a heart attack watching that!

I love Boston's attitude so much, what a personality on that little guy!

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I love Boston so much <3 <3 He is so sweet! Everything he was saying to Bonnie was absolutely adorable. How he loved her makeup, clothes, how she's pretty, etc. Love! :love2:
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
kathpt wrote:
tratra58 wrote: I think he is in Kindergarten.

But his spelling D:

Agreed. His spelling is better than some of my grade ones that I tutor.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Cody is only 5 years old. Of course his spelling isn't going to be great. He did a decent job of writing the words how they sound to him, I thought.
My son is the same age as Cody and he is in his first year of school. He struggles with the alphabet and letters and what words go with what letters. His class hasn't started to learn to read yet (in Australia the school year only started in February) and I already know he's going to struggle with learning to read and spell. But he remembers so many other things, he's a little encyclopaedia when it comes to animals and insects and trucks and all those really boy things. I would be over the moon if my son wrote a sentence like Cody did.

We have to remember he is only 5 and all kids learn differently. (Sorry for the personal rant lol)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

staceybrax wrote:Cody is only 5 years old. Of course his spelling isn't going to be great. He did a decent job of writing the words how they sound to him, I thought.
My son is the same age as Cody and he is in his first year of school. He struggles with the alphabet and letters and what words go with what letters. His class hasn't started to learn to read yet (in Australia the school year only started in February) and I already know he's going to struggle with learning to read and spell. But he remembers so many other things, he's a little encyclopaedia when it comes to animals and insects and trucks and all those really boy things. I would be over the moon if my son wrote a sentence like Cody did.

We have to remember he is only 5 and all kids learn differently. (Sorry for the personal rant lol)

They really do all learn at different rates. My son goes to a very good private school, and there have been different "groups" within this class since Kindergarten. Kids transition in and out of them based on how far they are excelling or how much they are struggling. They have all had the same teachers this whole time, yet some are three grades ahead, and others one or so behind in the language arts. My son has been ahead since he started school, but this has A LOT to do with natural ability. I know parents that work a lot harder with their children than I have, and yet are still needing to get additional help.

Cody has learned a lot from school and I think that's great Image
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Joel has the nicest parents. How fun for the kids to see their grandparents on a weeknight and the special homemade treats. These are memories the older kids will remember forever.
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

Ok, this is the funniest and most interesting vlog I watched...I think ever. Hahaha I am laughing sooo hard.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

I think Olivia looks just like Joel's mom and Joel's hair looked so much better in that passport picture than it does with the sticky spikes. I wish they would realize this.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

Parkerwar wrote:I think Olivia looks just like Joel's mom and Joel's hair looked so much better in that passport picture than it does with the sticky spikes. I wish they would realize this.
Olivia looks SOOOO much like her, I was just coming here to say that.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

I loved the vlog. The passport lady not having any of it but they were being funny. And "Im still standing" is one of my favorite Elton john songs and now I can laugh thinking of Boston singing it on a sugar high each time I hear the song.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”