Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

MandyJ
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by MandyJ »

Side eyeing them using "puppy" in their title. Please. He isn't a puppy she's had him since high school FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kirsti13
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kirsti13 »

I swear I had to stop watching them bc I literally could not stand to hear Corbin say "myyyy looooveee" one more freaking time . Omg

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

That photo on Instagram of them attempting baby wearing has such an overwhelming response from people telling them they're not doing it safely and giving them tips and resources. I wonder if they'll ever address it? They seem rather deaf to their audience. When people tried to tell her not to exert herself to the point of exhaustion because if she were to go into labor she would have no energy, she had a very curt and dismissive response. They've built this audience of crunchy mothers who are going to quickly see that the emperor has no clothes the more they expose themselves as uneducated and clueless. It's one thing to not know, but it's another to have no interest in learning and not acknowledge your viewers.

I still am laughing over the fact that they had nine months and neither of them learned the basics of life with a newborn.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Do they have friends that ha e visited them?

I can't believe they have a thread! I would bring things up on DB thread. Whoops. But wow these people are awful. And they're somewhat new to blogging! How can they be so sickening so soon?!? Honestly I thought DB -and EJ were the worst of the worst but I think these fools are getting up there.

They're al natural all organic all clean eating freaks yet Kelsey gained a crap load of weight during her pregnancy. She was super tiny before. Which is fine but don't pretend to be somebody you're not.

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Amelia322 wrote:Do they have friends that ha e visited them?

I can't believe they have a thread! I would bring things up on DB thread. Whoops. But wow these people are awful. And they're somewhat new to blogging! How can they be so sickening so soon?!? Honestly I thought DB -and EJ were the worst of the worst but I think these fools are getting up there.

They're al natural all organic all clean eating freaks yet Kelsey gained a crap load of weight during her pregnancy. She was super tiny before. Which is fine but don't pretend to be somebody you're not.

Other than Missy visiting them, I have never seen them with any other "friends".

And they _act_ like natural crunchy people but it's all a front. They try so hard to be these natural clean eating nature loving sustainable people, but really they fail at it.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

alyssadt wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:Do they have friends that ha e visited them?

Other than Missy visiting them, I have never seen them with any other "friends".

And they _act_ like natural crunchy people but it's all a front. They try so hard to be these natural clean eating nature loving sustainable people, but really they fail at it.

much like missy when she was pregnant and had a newborn oliver.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

LOL! The woman at the pie shop asking about Juniper's name..."as in the berry?" Corbin's response: "Or the tree." It's a ridiculous name...even in hipster Portland. She's only 6 days old and she's going to have to answer that question HER ENTIRE LIFE.

You can tell they are struggling with the small space and lack of car. I don't believe for a minute Corbin likes that car renting service and he seemed ready to escape when he went to take Paris to the "babysitter."

Jeez, it's only been 6 days. They are going to go bonkers!!!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:LOL! The woman at the pie shop asking about Juniper's name..."as in the berry?" Corbin's response: "Or the tree." It's a ridiculous name...even in hipster Portland. She's only 6 days old and she's going to have to answer that question HER ENTIRE LIFE.

You can tell they are struggling with the small space and lack of car. I don't believe for a minute Corbin likes that car renting service and he seemed ready to escape when he went to take Paris to the "babysitter."

Corbin can't just smile and say, "Yep, like the berry" to the woman taking his order if he insists on putting orders under their baby's name? He has to be all snotty about it and reply "Or the tree." He also recently corrected someone in their comments section for calling it daylights "savings" instead of daylight saving. For being so uneducated and clueless about everything (including something as simple as how to unpack meal kit boxes) I would think they'd be a little less condescending. But no.

He couldn't hide his displeasure about having to rent an electric car. He kept saying, "I hope the car seat fits." The car was a little compact, but it wasn't THAT tiny.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ewokfan11 wrote:LOL! The woman at the pie shop asking about Juniper's name..."as in the berry?" Corbin's response: "Or the tree." It's a ridiculous name...even in hipster Portland. She's only 6 days old and she's going to have to answer that question HER ENTIRE LIFE.

I wish someone would've told them not to go crazy on buying furniture and decor before the baby comes because you really dont realise the amount of crap you have to buy for an infant and just how much space it takes up. Also the berry comes from the tree! They're the same thing! And I agree, I like names that are a little more 'out there' but something about Juniper rubs me the wrong way. I think maybe it's too much of a little girl name - thinking about a 40 year old woman seems weird, but it doesn't really suit a baby either. Maybe it's the sound.

I think they should have closed the p.o. box a long time ago - their nursery is tiny and letting people send them so much baby stuff was a bad idea because now they have nowhere to put it. i kind of hated watching them open stuff anyway because they were so unenthusiastic about most of what was sent - it was like watching people open christmas gifts they don't really like. why let people post you stuff if you don't want it?
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Lol what was Corbin's little rant about not wanting to use Uber/Lyft because you don't know if the driver is familiar with newborns? What does he expect the driver to do differently with a newborn, drive more slowly? It's not like Corbin's all that familiar with newborns either, with his whole six days experience. He talks about how he likes the rental car service more than ridesharing/public transportation then a few seconds later complains about the car the rental service provided

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Im suprised missy didnt buy them a car while she was there.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

What an ass. The juniper tree grows berries. They make gin out of them. Such a moron.
And wait-- sustainable, hippie, crunchy Corbin was pissed about an electric car? What about the environment and the world they are leaving Juniper?
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

^ And Corbin says sometimes he forgets there's a whole world out there. So if you mostly stay in your apartment, why live in one of the most expensive areas of the city?
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I guess i just dont get why these people who claim to love the outdoors sooo much, chose to live in a city were it rains most of the time and they never leave their apartment unless its to go get dessert somewhere.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think they chose this neighborhood from the perspective of their old lives being foot loose and fancy free. They made it clear they were prioritizing the restaurants and the coffee shops and the bar scene. I don't think they appreciated that once you have a baby, you don't go out to eat or to happy hour as much for financial and just logistical reasons. Your time is spent very differently and you have different priorities. She was quite far along in her pregnancy when they signed the lease, it really makes very little scene that they didn't consider their new priorities as parents. There isn't even a pharmacy or a grocery store within easy walking distance.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I think they chose this neighborhood from the perspective of their old lives being foot loose and fancy free. They made it clear they were prioritizing the restaurants and the coffee shops and the bar scene. I don't think they appreciated that once you have a baby, you don't go out to eat or to happy hour as much for financial and just logistical reasons. Your time is spent very differently and you have different priorities. She was quite far along in her pregnancy when they signed the lease, it really makes very little scene that they didn't consider their new priorities as parents. There isn't even a pharmacy or a grocery store within easy walking distance.
^^^All of this...and last time they lived in Portland they had a car. I guess they also forgot (or never realized) that it's not uncommon for it to rain a lot in Portland until mid-June or later. I have noticed they are both complaining about the rain more and more!! Um, duh. You morons moved to Portland in the winter/spring! Portland gets about three months of good weather a year.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

He couldn't hide his displeasure about having to rent an electric car. He kept saying, "I hope the car seat fits." The car was a little compact, but it wasn't THAT tiny.[/quote]

You would _think_ that as "sustainable" and "earth loving" as they are, he would be actually be more inclined to rent electric.

nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

I could see CPS getting called on these idiots at some point and they won't even understand why. I could see an accidental SIDS case, failure to thrive or something out there. The way Corbin had the baby in the carrier scared the shit out of me "I can kiss her" yes Corbin but is her face visible to you at all? WTF?? would you like your face pushed against something. You need her chin above her chest you idiot! It doesn't mean only able to kiss the top of her head. Also, them choosing to not have a car with a child is irresponsible. What if she got sick in the middle of the night? What if you need to take her to an appointment? What about when she is older in school even preschool and your called to come get your kid early for something, the list goes on. They are irresponsible idiots who choose to not get fully ready for this child they were into the idea but not into the actual work of having a child. They are extremely selfish and into themselves.
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

As much as they spend renting a car every day, they might as well just buy one. It's not THAT expensive.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

crew96 wrote:As much as they spend renting a car every day, they might as well just buy one. It's not THAT expensive.

Is this service part of their sponsorship deal? Because if they are using these cars for free, they have NO reason to complain about anything.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”