Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

crew96
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by crew96 »

fossilfinger wrote:If they are paying for the Reach cars, they are either doing it because they're waiting for someone to give them a free car, or because they want to pretend that they're still living the public transportation/walking/"no car" lifestyle even though they're not.

And if they really are paying $150 a day for cars, that is nonsensical. They could easily get a nice car for $400-500 a month with a small down payment, or even $200-300 with a larger down payment or for a slightly older used vehicle.
I only put down $1500 and got a 2013 crossover SUV in 2015 -- payment under 250/mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Ellmae wrote:'Corbin's Crazy Comments' make me cringe so hard. His speech at the beginning about how they read through the mean comments and think they're sooo funny seems so fake. He just comes across as totally butthurt and defensive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
They're so self-righteous about it. They can live however they want, but if they put their life out there and trade their privacy for money, they should be able to take criticism. Funny how he stated multiple times during his Crazy Comments that they don't need a car, proving my point that they're trying to appear to be a certain type of person, when they essentially DO have a car and are not doing anything better for the environment by driving a borrowed car than if they bought one.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

His "Crazy Comments" are ridiculous.

The one that stood out the most was the whole we don't need a car and this is fine....ummm why all the complaining yesterday then about having to plan ahead and then the car not being what you expected.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

fossilfinger wrote:They're so self-righteous about it. They can live however they want, but if they put their life out there and trade their privacy for money, they should be able to take criticism. Funny how he stated multiple times during his Crazy Comments that they don't need a car, proving my point that they're trying to appear to be a certain type of person, when they essentially DO have a car and are not doing anything better for the environment by driving a borrowed car than if they bought one.
But they DO need a car and they DO use a car all the time now - practically every day since June arrived. He's just a hypocrite. They didn't even bother to use cabs or Uber/Lyft. (Honestly, I don't blame them for not using the bus, but they said pre-June that they would use public transit.) They went straight to driving their own rented car - the most expensive option (but I still think they are getting the service for free).
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Oh yeah, they also need to start using "well" instead of "good." It drives me batty. They must have said "it went good" or "she did so good" at least ten times in this vlog!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Oh my god their "doctor" is treating the baby's thrush with apple cider vinegar. Hope you enjoy your mastitis, Kelsey! Also thrush can be painful, and can spread to their throats. Get a freaking anti-fungal.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:Oh yeah, they also need to start using "well" instead of "good." It drives me batty. They must have said "it went good" or "she did so good" at least ten times in this vlog!
They have a rural Idaho edu-ma-ka-shun...but at least they aren't as bad as the Butlers!
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

Theirmom wrote:
nugget12 wrote:I could see CPS getting called on these idiots at some point and they won't even understand why. I could see an accidental SIDS case, failure to thrive or something out there. The way Corbin had the baby in the carrier scared the shit out of me "I can kiss her" yes Corbin but is her face visible to you at all? WTF?? would you like your face pushed against something. You need her chin above her chest you idiot! It doesn't mean only able to kiss the top of her head. Also, them choosing to not have a car with a child is irresponsible. What if she got sick in the middle of the night? What if you need to take her to an appointment? What about when she is older in school even preschool and your called to come get your kid early for something, the list goes on. They are irresponsible idiots who choose to not get fully ready for this child they were into the idea but not into the actual work of having a child. They are extremely selfish and into themselves.
Millions of people all over the world have kids without vehicles. Not having a car hardly makes someone an irresponsible parent. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The car is not the reason is it an issue, yes. But, not the reason and if you watch them, know anything about childcare and read these comments on this board you know that. Let me give you some examples, they are very into themselves and didn't bother to get any of the essentials you need to bring a baby into this world, they needed someone to hold their hand with caring for June, they claimed to go to parenting class "which they should have because they had no prior experience" but acted extremely clueless. They don't take their newborn baby to real doctor. Which is scary shit! I could go on and on but I won't just read through the comments here, watch their channel and you will see the issues.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Pency wrote:Oh my god their "doctor" is treating the baby's thrush with apple cider vinegar. Hope you enjoy your mastitis, Kelsey! Also thrush can be painful, and can spread to their throats. Get a freaking anti-fungal.
It will be a nightmare. Poor Juniper. ACV, even diluted, is horrible. It's tangy and sour and I would NEVER use it to treat a newborn for a common yet serious case of thrush. Kelsey will end up with mastitis, the complaining will never end.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wouldn't have June contracted thrush from Kelsey during birth? Shouldn't they both be using anti-fungal meds so they aren't passing it back and forth - and potentially gets worse??? Using ACV seems like much more of a hassle when it's known other things work (and probably work better)?

They are just asking for more frustration!!! Get a real doctor!
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Day 5- "we are going to have a lay-in, which isn't common in our culture and that's unfortunate"

Day 7- "it's so good to get out and do an activity with June... For life to get back to normal"

The fuck
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

ewokfan11 wrote:Wouldn't have June contracted thrush from Kelsey during birth? Shouldn't they both be using anti-fungal meds so they aren't passing it back and forth - and potentially gets worse??? Using ACV seems like much more of a hassle when it's known other things work (and probably work better)?

They are just asking for more frustration!!! Get a real doctor!
No u can get thrush anytime it's a type of yeast but probably not from giving birth! I can't believe how she said we are treating June so I don't get it! Seriously it doesn't always cause mastitis unless u are an idiot and don't treat it like u should I had it with both my boys they were fine and didn't need to be treated I had a cream that I used and washed off before nursing it was gone in a week! I was reading on treating thrush with that vinegar and it can make u feel horrible poor baby, also she didn't seem to care that June could be uncomfortable by having thrush poor thing!

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Edenberry wrote:
Pency wrote:Oh my god their "doctor" is treating the baby's thrush with apple cider vinegar. Hope you enjoy your mastitis, Kelsey! Also thrush can be painful, and can spread to their throats. Get a freaking anti-fungal.
It will be a nightmare. Poor Juniper. ACV, even diluted, is horrible. It's tangy and sour and I would NEVER use it to treat a newborn for a common yet serious case of thrush. Kelsey will end up with mastitis, the complaining will never end.
"HORRIBLE BREASTFEEDING INFECTION CAUSED BY TERRIBLE BABY THAT RUINED OUR LIVES!"
sparklyfluff
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sparklyfluff »

This car crash is going to need its own section on the forum soon, I never watched them before Juniper came along.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Especially because even though June is getting antibodies from Kelsey, her little immune system is not that strong yet. Thrush may not seem like a big deal, but if it gets out of hand, neonatal fungal sepsis would not be fun. Get some Nystatin and call it a day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Pency wrote:Sorry for the double post, but....

I kind of figured out the cost of those cars they rent, and I'm thinking it's like $100-$150 for every day they use one (I'm thinking 3 hours start to finish if they have to take June to an appointment or whatever). Why is this better than taking that money and using it for a down payment toward an inexpensive vehicle? They make no sense, it's like let's make life really difficult so we can complain about it on the vlog. They will have a car before she's 6 months old and all this money they spent on Reach cars will have been wasted.

Of course that's assuming they aren't sponsored by Reach, which I honestly don't think they are.
I think they have some kind of a deal with them because otherwise you KNOW they'd be complaining about it somehow. Plus you can use a car service in my area that's $10 or less an hour depending on the car so I can't see even them throwing away that much if there are cheaper services out there. I get 'wasting' money renting a car because you can't afford a deposit, lots of people do that with big items like cars and houses and it's soooo frustrating to be in that position. i mean what would they do just...not have a car at all while they;re saving up? that's not very practical. that said, they wast SOOO MUCH MONEYYYYY on shit like lunches out, massages, and expensive food truck junk food- those are the unnecessary purchases that really add up, especially in Portland. I think they'd be better off moving to a different area of the city where rent is cheaper/they could get more for their money, preparing their own food, and making it a priority to save up for a car. I don't think you need a car if you live in a city but the way they act makes it seem like they really want one and find it really inconvenient to use lyft. uber, and rentals.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

tintin15 wrote:
Edenberry wrote:
I was thinking that actually. I've never dealt with thrush in a baby (or an adult) but the taste must be horrible! Especially to a newborn who has never tasted anything but breastmilk. I'd feel really weird about feeding them something as acidic as vinegar too since they can't really spit things out at that age and it might upset June's poor stomach. I'm predicting a lot of screaming as a result of this. Get some anti fungal spray or antibiotics stat for god's sake! whatever a REAL doctor recommends.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And didn't Kelsey say her nipples were cracked? Because her chances of getting thrush mastitis go up if they are.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Kelsey could have passed the yeast to June either when she gave birth or while nursing. They should probably both be treated at the same time. Thrush can also make babies sleepy. Kelsey might look into cutting out those sugary foods to or st least adding a probiotic to her diet.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Yeah, I read about it my I had a newborn, if they both aren't treated and precautions, they will just pass it back and forth.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”