Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by ja14 »

So I've never watched the part of the videos were he reads comments until today.... he is such a douche! A comment said "why papa and not dad or daddy?" (Could have been a real question, non shade question) and Corbin says "Uuuuh, because I wanna be called papa." With a ugly look on his face.
I like Bryan better than this guy and that's saying something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Reading the comments that bother them during that doucherific segment is likely only to encourage negative comments from people that want their name mentioned. It's not funny, just immature and passive aggressive. I've never watched it before either,and I'll skip it if they fo it again (lol if I even keep watching tbh).
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Holy crap, I've only been watching them since the birth but almost every single vlog. bar. non. is complaining about being parents, including the titles. JFC, they are such snowflakes. What did they think having a newborn would be like, sunshine and unicorns? That Corbin is too far gone with his hippy 'my love' this and 'my little love' that to be anywhere near reality lol. Good luck to them both, they clearly need it. Or something.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

"We actually don't need a car and we're doing great without one"

Corbs, you've had a car every day the past week. This signals that you might need one. A single family not having a car is not a huge impact on the environment, especially when that family constantly orders things online. If you really want to have an impact on your personal carbon footprint, go without amazon and buy local.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

^ Corbon Footprint lol
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
JM16Canada
Talker
Talker

Unread post by JM16Canada »

At first I was like "woah, what a douche" when he was reading those comments. The more I thought about it tho, at least they acknowledge that they get negative comments, instead of just deleting them all and pretending everyone loves them and everything is perfect.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

JM16Canada wrote:At first I was like "woah, what a douche" when he was reading those comments. The more I thought about it tho, at least they acknowledge that they get negative comments, instead of just deleting them all and pretending everyone loves them and everything is perfect.

Lol. This is true.

I can't see how these little rants aren't going to backfire though. They are definitely going to stand out to the DB/EJ viewers because they don't often see or hear them criticized.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I agree, they really do spend the majority of their vlogs whining and antagonizing viewers.

Corbin started balding prematurely and he looks Amish because he only grows hair on that part of his face, but I think he comes off as unattractive because of his demeanour and attitude. I'll always see him as an asshole due to the way he talked about not paying their health insurance on time and the way he talked to the customer service rep. He's so entitled and holier than thou while also being so ignorant. He just does not come across as a nice guy in how he treats others.

And I agree, they absolutely have demonstrated that they DO need a car in their neighborhood with a newborn, they're just using a car rental service that is most likely a paid sponsor providing them with a free service in exchange for the exposure. That won't last forever.

I very much doubt they have sat down together or with a financial planner to asses their savings needs. They created a monthly budget to determine the maximum they could spend on rent and then signed a lease at the tippy top of their budget and resigned not to have a car. I'm guessing they're not saving for retirement, a home, their daughter's college, etc. They're just sitting back and waiting to hit it big on YouTube, but they both have the personality of a wet blanket. Viewers are going to be turned off by the fact that they're just not fun to watch.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

It ticks me off that so many people would love to have children and cant, and here these two come with a healthy pregnancy and baby and all they do is complain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

JM16Canada wrote:At first I was like "woah, what a douche" when he was reading those comments. The more I thought about it tho, at least they acknowledge that they get negative comments, instead of just deleting them all and pretending everyone loves them and everything is perfect.

But there is a middle ground. You can simply type a reply in the comments section, or you could not delete the negative comments and not address them. This channel isn't going to last long if they are going to get aggressive at every negative comment. Like, seriously, who cares what other people think? I personally think they need to buy a car and take their baby to a real doctor, but if they don't want to, it's THEIR lives, they don't have to. I don't think their baby is going to die due to lack of car, and I think if her thrush got so bad they may actually take her to a real doctor. Being that defensive to other people's opinions just shows that they are completely insecure in their decisions and before long, they are going to have to give this up and find real jobs so they don't go crazy.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Compare them with JHouse, who since their latest was born, just gush about how much in love with her they are. Granted, they have more kids, so knew exactly what they were in for, but I haven't seen any of that "oh my God, we made this little person" awe that I definitely felt, and that I believe most people feel. Even people who don't fall in love with their babies right away at least have that, right? All they do is bitch.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

It looks their views are dropping pretty fast now that June is here and they are back to their boring, whiny, pretentious selves (and Missy went home). I bet they are pretty disappointed the numbers aren't better - probably adding to Corbin's frustration. The gender reveal, granted it was 5 months ago, is over a million views! I doubt the birth vlog will ever hit that!

Of course, I do think June means they are set enough financially that Corbin won't go back to work. It does sound awful, but I wouldn't be shocked if June was conceived just so they could become bigger on YT - they never really seemed like they wanted to be parents (or knew what to expect), they just wanted a prop baby!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:It looks their views are dropping pretty fast now that June is here and they are back to their boring, whiny, pretentious selves (and Missy went home). I bet they are pretty disappointed the numbers aren't better - probably adding to Corbin's frustration. The gender reveal, granted it was 5 months ago, is over a million views! I doubt the birth vlog will ever hit that!

Of course, I do think June means they are set enough financially that Corbin won't go back to work. It does sound awful, but I wouldn't be shocked if June was conceived just so they could become bigger on YT - they never really seemed like they wanted to be parents (or knew what to expect), they just wanted a prop baby!
They probably watched Missy's vlogs everyday and thought parenthood was easy. Lay around all day, take naps, go to restaurants and play Legos. Family will fall all over themselves to help you! Hence the house cleaning list.

Like many YTers, they had unrealistic expectations about what having was going to be like. Remember before Finn was born when Missy said she looked forward to "the quiet nights just her and Bryan." Where were those? Even with kids Missy has unrealistic expectations, so if she's giving K&C advice they are screwed.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Why was Kelsey so upset about the bath in the sink? All I could gather was that they couldn't get the temperature warm enough and the sink was too deep for her liking. But Corbin was acting like she had a meltdown off camera, kept asking how she was doing, pointing out that she was stressed and worried, and then she'd give him these tense looks and get really quiet. I thought she was going to start crying. I have a feeling Kelsey in particular is overwhelmed, probably because she's used to having essentially zero responsibility all day, and she's slightly more self-aware of how ill prepared they are. I get the feeling there's a lot more bickering going on off camera that they're not showing.
summerlee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by summerlee »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Why was Kelsey so upset about the bath in the sink? All I could gather was that they couldn't get the temperature warm enough and the sink was too deep for her liking. But Corbin was acting like she had a meltdown off camera, kept asking how she was doing, pointing out that she was stressed and worried, and then she'd give him these tense looks and get really quiet. I thought she was going to start crying. I have a feeling Kelsey in particular is overwhelmed, probably because she's used to having essentially zero responsibility all day, and she's slightly more self-aware of how ill prepared they are. I get the feeling there's a lot more bickering going on off camera that they're not showing.
I thought the same thing! Something definitely happened off camera that they didn't show. I'm wondering if her head fell back between the petals on the baby bath or something? They kept going back to how the bath was apparently too deep. Strange
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

summerlee wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:Why was Kelsey so upset about the bath in the sink? All I could gather was that they couldn't get the temperature warm enough and the sink was too deep for her liking. But Corbin was acting like she had a meltdown off camera, kept asking how she was doing, pointing out that she was stressed and worried, and then she'd give him these tense looks and get really quiet. I thought she was going to start crying. I have a feeling Kelsey in particular is overwhelmed, probably because she's used to having essentially zero responsibility all day, and she's slightly more self-aware of how ill prepared they are. I get the feeling there's a lot more bickering going on off camera that they're not showing.
I thought the same thing! Something definitely happened off camera that they didn't show. I'm wondering if her head fell back between the petals on the baby bath or something? They kept going back to how the bath was apparently too deep. Strange
When he went to go get "his bug" while she was breastfeeding, the look she threw him when he walked in gave me chills
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Why the hell were they bathing that baby in no water? Her body wasn't even touching the water.

They are SO awkward.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Why the hell were they bathing that baby in no water? Her body wasn't even touching the water.

They are SO awkward.
I haven't watched the vlog yet but June still has the umbilical stump. You can't get that wet.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

They needed the stroller to go a block to get food? That foodcart pod is literally a block from their apartment. I guess they are over baby-wearing? They also edited it to look like they took a much longer walk. A block. Seriously??

They really do eat crap. I guess Kelsey can be excused because she's breastfeeding, but they totally eat high fat, high sodium garbage.

WOW! They are really taking a week-old baby to a movie??? And the first day the movie is out?? Jeez...I wouldn't want to be in that theater!! They need to wait and go to a Mommy Matinee at Kennedy School and not bother other people with their crying newborn. FFS!
Last edited by ewokfan11 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hansel and gretal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hansel and gretal »

I was watching them the other day while my husband was in the room and he asked if all they did was complain. I even showed him the baby wearing picture (we both baby wear) and he was like are they stupid or just want to pretend they know it all! I don't even have to tell him anymore who I'm watching when I watch them bc he knows as soon as he hears Corbin's voice!

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”