Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by natalka81 »

A couple of thoughts:
I personally don't really think I'm on Team Anti-Bonnie or Team Pro-Bonnie. Overall I think Bonnie's kids seem quite happy and relaxed for the most part. I think they're loved and well cared for, too. Bonnie seems like a decent person who cares about other people. But, there are things I disagree with too, some that are more important than other. I probably wouldn't send my 2 year old outside to play in a one piece sleeper, for example, but I don't really care that she does. I also wouldn't let my kid learn to ride a bike without a helmet, but in this case, I do kind of care that she and Joel don't bother with helmets. Just trying to say that no one is all good or all bad and that somethings are more important than others I guess...

Also, was I the only one who got momentarily excited that Boston was eating a celery stick for a snack only to be quickly disappointed to discover it was in fact a green twizzler?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

natalka81 wrote:A couple of thoughts:
I personally don't really think I'm on Team Anti-Bonnie or Team Pro-Bonnie. Overall I think Bonnie's kids seem quite happy and relaxed for the most part. I think they're loved and well cared for, too. Bonnie seems like a decent person who cares about other people. But, there are things I disagree with too, some that are more important than other. I probably wouldn't send my 2 year old outside to play in a one piece sleeper, for example, but I don't really care that she does. I also wouldn't let my kid learn to ride a bike without a helmet, but in this case, I do kind of care that she and Joel don't bother with helmets. Just trying to say that no one is all good or all bad and that somethings are more important than others I guess...

Also, was I the only one who got momentarily excited that Boston was eating a celery stick for a snack only to be quickly disappointed to discover it was in fact a green twizzler?
I think Joel reads here and has made changes. Let's look at the positive improvements they've made. They film kids fully clothed and no filming in the bathroom which is a big deal. Bonnie also changed with discipline incident with comments from her viewers which was not easy for her to do.

The western diet is not good and I think Bonnie and Joel are not atypical of many. But she is trying to improve and it would take a change in kid's taste to really see results. I do see fruits and vegetables served, but likely more wouldn't hurt. This is not an excuse for families not to eat well, but just reality and my point is part of the issue has been the change in the food industry to produce sugary high carb foods that many times are less money than natural foods.

My only thing today was no helmet when biking. A simple thing to do to prevent a head injury.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Linc gets dressed up when Bonnie leaves the house, I think the onside is just laziness to be honest. I assumed Linc ran out onto the patio when Bonnie had the door open, and it led to him running around on the grass and she just didn't stop him. I didn't get the impression it was a planned thing for him to be playing outside. Maybe this is because I know myself if I run out the back and the door is open a kid or pet is going to pop out after me.

I don't think it's the baby thing because Boston used to spend a lot of time in his onesie during the day too. I think Bonnie just doesn't usually change them into clothes until after their nap. I've been guilty of this before too. Total laziness, but no big deal really.
I could be wrong, but I feel like we've seen a lot of vlogs with Lincoln going out in just onesies? And even them allowing him to walk around in it. Not like a quick trip to the store either, like all day out trips. I know for certain it's happened with Boston cause I remember a recent (a few months ago, when Joel stopped working) vlog where Boston was walking in a parking lot in a damn onesie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

alym0326 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Linc gets dressed up when Bonnie leaves the house, I think the onside is just laziness to be honest. I assumed Linc ran out onto the patio when Bonnie had the door open, and it led to him running around on the grass and she just didn't stop him. I didn't get the impression it was a planned thing for him to be playing outside. Maybe this is because I know myself if I run out the back and the door is open a kid or pet is going to pop out after me.

I don't think it's the baby thing because Boston used to spend a lot of time in his onesie during the day too. I think Bonnie just doesn't usually change them into clothes until after their nap. I've been guilty of this before too. Total laziness, but no big deal really.
I could be wrong, but I feel like we've seen a lot of vlogs with Lincoln going out in just onesies? And even them allowing him to walk around in it. Not like a quick trip to the store either, like all day out trips. I know for certain it's happened with Boston cause I remember a recent (a few months ago, when Joel stopped working) vlog where Boston was walking in a parking lot in a damn onesie.

Do you mean a sleeper?? Because Bonnie has absolutely done that. For children/babies, onesies are the tops that have snaps at the crotch. Which I feel like Bonnie hasn't ever let her kids leave the house like that.

decdu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by decdu »

HelloSweetie wrote:I defend Bonnie when I don't agree. I don't defend everything ffs. This board is ridiculous. The only side that keeps getting in a rant is the side that vehemently hates Bonnie. If you're right and your opinion speaks for itself, then you don't need to dismiss my opinion as always defending her. As I've said MANY TIMES, I defend vloggers I hate when I disagree too.

Plus I watch the vlogs everyday, so when I see accurate information is said about what has happened in a vlog I clarify it. I do this on other boards as well. Sorry if it ruins the fun Image
I have lurked around this board and others but rarely comment! but honestly I can confidently say, after reading this board for months that you irrationally always pop up to bonnies defense! you always top it with a story or a personal anecdote! Your life's resemblance to bonnies is astonishing!!! Furthermore I lurk around the other boards like e&j and dbs etc and you seem to do the absolute opposite!!

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
alym0326 wrote:

Do you mean a sleeper?? Because Bonnie has absolutely done that. For children/babies, onesies are the tops that have snaps at the crotch. Which I feel like Bonnie hasn't ever let her kids leave the house like that.

Im talking about whatever the outfit we saw Lincoln wearing outside the other day in the backyard. I found one instance so far where Lincoln goes to multiple places with Bonnie and Boston and then goes to dinner with the rest of the family and he's in just a onesie? Or sleeper? Personally I don't see the difference? I consider a onesie one outfit for their entire body.

ETA: the vlog I'm referring to is the mama feeds baby like a bird or whatever it was which was a gross vlog already

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I haven't seen the video. Regardless of semantics of type of clothing, they ought to be dressed in regular clothing by this age when going on an outing that involves the public lol. Not saying I haven't been totally guilty of leaving my baby in a sleeper a few times before the age of one. ;P

ETA: alym, btw I didn't ask to argue or defend her. I was curious because I haven't been keeping up with the vlogs. That's why I was curious about onesie vs sleeper, to get a visual.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Wasn't it just a few months ago they brought the boys out to a store in pajama footed onesies while the older kids were in school? I think it may have been when they bought the new bicycle bell for Olivia. I remember us discussing this I'm having déjà vu ha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

AutumnLane wrote:Wasn't it just a few months ago they brought the boys out to a store in pajama footed onesies while the older kids were in school? I think it may have been when they bought the new bicycle bell for Olivia. I remember us discussing this I'm having déjà vu ha!

Yes!!! This is the vlog I was thinking of regarding Boston! I can't remember if Lincoln was in one as well though.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

decdu wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I defend Bonnie when I don't agree. I don't defend everything ffs. This board is ridiculous. The only side that keeps getting in a rant is the side that vehemently hates Bonnie. If you're right and your opinion speaks for itself, then you don't need to dismiss my opinion as always defending her. As I've said MANY TIMES, I defend vloggers I hate when I disagree too.

Plus I watch the vlogs everyday, so when I see accurate information is said about what has happened in a vlog I clarify it. I do this on other boards as well. Sorry if it ruins the fun Image
I have lurked around this board and others but rarely comment! but honestly I can confidently say, after reading this board for months that you irrationally always pop up to bonnies defense! you always top it with a story or a personal anecdote! Your life's resemblance to bonnies is astonishing!!! Furthermore I lurk around the other boards like e&j and dbs etc and you seem to do the absolute opposite!!

I really resent posting messages about people on this board. HS has always been respectful of others messages/members and it is not necessary to call out a member in this manner.

Bonnie has a wonderful life for the most part so to say someone's life resembled hers is a good thing. She has a nice husband, kids who are pretty good as well as healthy and a nice home.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

For future reference...

This is a onesie

This is a sleeper/pjs
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The vlog is titled (Fixing A Broken Heart). Correction all three boys wearing PJs in the middle of the day at a Sporting goods store.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017031 ... 62c919.jpg[/img]

Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I haven't seen the video. Regardless of semantics of type of clothing, they ought to be dressed in regular clothing by this age when going on an outing that involves the public lol. Not saying I haven't been totally guilty of leaving my baby in a sleeper a few times before the age of one. ;P

ETA: alym, btw I didn't ask to argue or defend her. I was curious because I haven't been keeping up with the vlogs. That's why I was curious about onesie vs sleeper, to get a visual.
Oh don't worry! I didn't think you were arguing or anything! :) I'm not a mother yet so I wasn't really sure about all the semantics in children's clothing. You're 100% right, if they're going somewhere in public (and their not a baby - frankly, I'm okay with them going out in onesies/sleepers/pajamas if they're under one or until they start walking. But even then, they should be changed when they go to bed that night like we saw Bonnie do the other day) OKBaby used to leave their son in the same damn clothes night and day, he went to bed in the same clothes he was crawling around a public floor on - clothes that he got food alllll over.

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I agree I call the button snaps at the crotch onesies but I've noticed people here consider footed PJs onesies as well. Many vloggers also consider footed pajamas onesies.. I guess it just depends on where you live.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

AutumnLane wrote:The vlog is titled (Fixing A Broken Heart). Correction all three boys wearing PJs in the middle of the day at a Sporting goods store.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017031 ... 62c919.jpg[/img]

Uuuuugh lol embarrassing. Who took them out? That seems like something my husband would do and think it was OK.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alym0326 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:I haven't seen the video. Regardless of semantics of type of clothing, they ought to be dressed in regular clothing by this age when going on an outing that involves the public lol. Not saying I haven't been totally guilty of leaving my baby in a sleeper a few times before the age of one. ;P

Oh don't worry! I didn't think you were arguing or anything! :) I'm not a mother yet so I wasn't really sure about all the semantics in children's clothing. You're 100% right, if they're going somewhere in public (and their not a baby - frankly, I'm okay with them going out in onesies/sleepers/pajamas if they're under one or until they start walking. But even then, they should be changed when they go to bed that night like we saw Bonnie do the other day) OKBaby used to leave their son in the same damn clothes night and day, he went to bed in the same clothes he was crawling around a public floor on - clothes that he got food alllll over.

I do think Bonnie and Joel have improved on having the kids dressed compared to the past. I remember the family going out to a eat and they were all in pajamas or sleepers which was surprising. But, I think they dressed kids when going out now and I see the sleepers on mostly when home. If you do wash for a big family, these sleepers are easy to wash, fold and put away.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston, The sad thing is Bonnie and Joel took them. I can see if that was back when Joe was working full-time and Bonnie had to run an errand and was feeling overwhelmed. In that scenario I would still side eye but give her less grief. However that was not the case here. Pure laziness.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:
alym0326 wrote:

I do think Bonnie and Joel have improved on having the kids dressed compared to the past. I remember the family going out to a eat and they were all in pajamas or sleepers which was surprising. But, I think they dressed kids when going out now and I see the sleepers on mostly when home. If you do wash for a big family, these sleepers are easy to wash, fold and put away.
This was what I was saying when I said Bonnie had been dressing him when they leave lately.

It's like the food thing, she's at least trying? Sure we can go back months and find instances where she was pretty disappointing in these areas, but if she's making changes now I think that's what matters.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
alym0326 wrote: Oh don't worry! I didn't think you were arguing or anything! :) I'm not a mother yet so I wasn't really sure about all the semantics in children's clothing. You're 100% right, if they're going somewhere in public (and their not a baby - frankly, I'm okay with them going out in onesies/sleepers/pajamas if they're under one or until they start walking. But even then, they should be changed when they go to bed that night like we saw Bonnie do the other day) OKBaby used to leave their son in the same damn clothes night and day, he went to bed in the same clothes he was crawling around a public floor on - clothes that he got food alllll over.

This was what I was saying when I said Bonnie had been dressing him when they leave lately.

It's like the food thing, she's at least trying? Sure we can go back months and find instances where she was pretty disappointing in these areas, but if she's making changes now I think that's what matters.
I totally get what you're saying and I agree that she's been better than she previously was. But if we couldn't talk about how they previously were say a month ago just because we see a slight change then there wouldn't be much talk on mannnnnny boards. KWIM?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

decdu wrote:

See Krypto's post above Image

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”