E+J - Whose Whine Is It Anyway? Part 22

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Whose Whine Is It Anyway? Part 22

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think everyone is missing the point about the carrier. Have you ever seen a hiking carrier that goes on your FRONT? No. Why? It isn't safe. Ellie was walking on loose terrain carrying 1/5th of her weight on her front. She couldn't see her feet, and had she tripped she would have landed on Cal and he would have hit his head. This was very unsafe.

I don't care how fabulous your carrier is. Like I said, I wear my toddler too, but on my back and always so he is safe. Ellie was an idiot.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: We have a Creationist Museum 10 minutes away. My ex even took the kids to it (I guess to detox them from the Natural History Museum.) My son thought it was hilarious.
What the heck is on display in a Creationist Museum? Stage set's of Brimstone and Hellfire? Pmsl
A "Garden of Eden walkthrough". Snort. The Great Flood created the Grand Canyon.
http://creationsd.org/

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
The Great Flood as in Noah's Ark? I'm a Christian, but even I believe in evolution and science!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

Did Ellie just (kinda sorta) admit she pushed Jackson into growing up early because of Calvin?! Hmm

Momi0507
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Momi0507 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think everyone is missing the point about the carrier. Have you ever seen a hiking carrier that goes on your FRONT? No. Why? It isn't safe. Ellie was walking on loose terrain carrying 1/5th of her weight on her front. She couldn't see her feet, and had she tripped she would have landed on Cal and he would have hit his head. This was very unsafe.

I don't care how fabulous your carrier is. Like I said, I wear my toddler too, but on my back and always so he is safe. Ellie was an idiot.
You should look into Tulas. It is perfectly safe to carry your 2 year old on your front if you so choose. I am not trying to come to Ellie's defense here, I just so happen to know a lot about babywearing and Tulas :)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Momi0507 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think everyone is missing the point about the carrier. Have you ever seen a hiking carrier that goes on your FRONT? No. Why? It isn't safe. Ellie was walking on loose terrain carrying 1/5th of her weight on her front. She couldn't see her feet, and had she tripped she would have landed on Cal and he would have hit his head. This was very unsafe.

You should look into Tulas. It is perfectly safe to carry your 2 year old on your front if you so choose. I am not trying to come to Ellie's defense here, I just so happen to know a lot about babywearing and Tulas :)
I know all about Tulas and babywearing in general. The thing is, I take my son hiking all the time, and I know how unsafe it would be to do what she did. You need to see your feet. End of story. We aren't talking about a slow stroll down the street here. Loose rock and dirt can kick her foot right out from under her. Being able to see this coming is necessary for safety.

Tulas are great for hiking, but the designer even recommends wearing baby up high and on the back in this scenario... not the front.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I can not believe these idiots put their entire family of 4 on a 4 wheeler and are cruising around. That doesn't seem practical or safe. Ellie driving around the concrete with Calvin wearing no helmet. Unsafe, idiotic and moronic.

Calvin kissing Ellie was not the cutest thing ever. Calvin asleep on the 4 wheeler, not cute. At 10:14 Ellie grabbed the camera to film Calvin more and Jared cut it out of the footage. It made me like Jared just a smidge more.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:I can not believe these idiots put their entire family of 4 on a 4 wheeler and are cruising around. That doesn't seem practical or safe. Ellie driving around the concrete with Calvin wearing no helmet. Unsafe, idiotic and moronic.

Calvin kissing Ellie was not the cutest thing ever. Calvin asleep on the 4 wheeler, not cute. At 10:14 Ellie grabbed the camera to film Calvin more and Jared cut it out of the footage. It made me like Jared just a smidge more.
It made me sad that Jared realizes there is a problem and can't be more active in doing something about it.

I don't know if I should feel sorry for him or angry Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Why is she always filming Calvin sleeping? I know we all think our kids are little angels when they're asleep, but vlogging your child sleeping and uploading it every day is just bizarre. I have seen so many videos and pictures of sleeping Calvin in the last month...

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

lmmomSD wrote:Why is she always filming Calvin sleeping? I know we all think our kids are little angels when they're asleep, but vlogging your child sleeping and uploading it every day is just bizarre. I have seen so many videos and pictures of sleeping Calvin in the last month...

Because it's a testament to how comfortable he is around her. It's not about Cal, its about Ellie.

Plus it makes him seem more like a baby. At this age Jackson only ever napped in his room... with the door locked.

And I agree about the baby wearing. You can't wear a large child on your front and hike safely any better than you can carry them. Its cumbersome and a hazard. But safety is clearly not a concern after today's vlog :-o
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellie and Jared can't even break over 200K views anymore. Ruby is doing that easy now!

Wonder how Ellie is going to react to no longer being the most successful sister.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 5ea9e7.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... c38c5e.jpg[/img]
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Kay91_ wrote:Did Ellie just (kinda sorta) admit she pushed Jackson into growing up early because of Calvin?! Hmm

Omg! I felt so much satisfaction watching that. Doesn't mean it makes any sense to me, but it was SO satisfying seeing Ellie halfway admit she didn't treat Jackson age appropriately because of Calvin.

But... she pushed Jackson into a toddler bed because, "they were bringing Calvin home...and yeah"??? What??
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did you see all the IG stories of her running around screaming trying to pinch anyone she could? "It's St Patrick's Day! Where's your green? I have no boundaries and no clue how to behave like a grown-up!" (Yelling the whole time)
Then she was on the quad yelling "Calvin! Say cheese!" And he wouldn't say it-- not sure he can. So she kept yelling it, and he kept squawking back at her. Lovely interaction.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Did EJ split that atv so they can shove Jackson in the back of it and not have to deal with him?

Their vlog titles always have my eyes rolling into the back of my head. Between being ridiculously long and dumb or clickbait.

With those low views, I bet Ellie's wishing she flew out for vacay with the DB's!

Ophelia11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ophelia11 »

Just caught up with the latest vlog. There was about a minute of proper Jackson footage (he's the only reason I really watch tbh, he's such a charming, funny and sweet kid) and about half the vlog was about Calvin sleeping. That's all Ellie talks about lately. "Awwww my baby is asleep!! Wow he sleeps so so much he's so cute wow awwww!!!!". Ellie was also being really antisocial and the end of the vlog, Jared was talking to her and she was just staring at her phone.

More baby talk...I'm even more convinced they're trying to conceive, and have been for a while. They're probably having trouble and what Ellie could've meant by the "when the time is right" thing is when they will go down the IVF route.

Jinger really gets on my nerves with the constant hand gestures. I can imagine her being really loud, gobby, and obnoxious while you're trying to have a normal conversation.

I'm dreading the St Patrick's Day vlog. I can imagine it now, the vlog opens with Jared and Cal sitting next to each other with cheesy green hats on and with Jared screaming about how "Fun and exciting!!!" it is. Ugh.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Ugh! They needed to cover Calvin's eyes, nose, and mouth on the sand dunes. He looked so uncomfortable.
Ophelia11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ophelia11 »

always wrote:
imnottired wrote:With Jared talking about evolution and being forward thinking, do you think that means they will choose the sex of the next baby? Ellie really wants a girl and I can see Ellie pushing her beliefs to the side to get what she wants.
I doubt it. They are strong in their beliefs so I really think he will be happy with the baby no matter which gender it is. As for Ellie, she will never be happy. She wanted a boy sooooo badly the first time and doesn't appreciate him very much.
This is a bit personal but I want to share my thoughts on this whole subject. I gave a (it doesn't feel right saying "my") newborn up for adoption when I was 17, I won't get into all the reasons why but I've seen her twice since (she's 6 now). Her adoptive parents already had 2 sons and with their second child they did gender selection for a girl, and still ended up with a boy. That's why they went the adoption route. I've never been sure how to feel about it to be honest, but they love her and look after her well so I don't feel it's my place to comment on their reasons for adopting. But gender selection isn't a 100% garuntee.

I don't think Ellie and Jard will go down the gender selection route tbh. But Ellie will probably try every other method under the sun to try and get a girl. I expect her and Missy will fall pregnant at similar times and will be devastated if the other one ends up with a girl while they get a boy.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

lmmomSD wrote:Why is she always filming Calvin sleeping? I know we all think our kids are little angels when they're asleep, but vlogging your child sleeping and uploading it every day is just bizarre. I have seen so many videos and pictures of sleeping Calvin in the last month...

I'm with you on this. She does it in a way that's like "look! He's such a little baby!" Like no Ellie, he's a toddler. It pisses me off to no end and its only because I know that Ellie is trying to baby him as much as possible.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
staceyeileen wrote:Those comments on today's vlog about evolution are so shocking to me, for some reason. I've never met a creationist! lol
What the heck is on display in a Creationist Museum? Stage set's of Brimstone and Hellfire? Pmsl
A "Garden of Eden walkthrough". Snort. The Great Flood created the Grand Canyon.
http://creationsd.org/
Oh Jesus! Excuse the pun lol

And Noah made it all the way to 'the Americas' centuries before Columbus discovered it? Hm k
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:I can not believe these idiots put their entire family of 4 on a 4 wheeler and are cruising around. That doesn't seem practical or safe. Ellie driving around the concrete with Calvin wearing no helmet. Unsafe, idiotic and moronic.

I found it weird how an almost two year old could fall asleep on a 4 wheeler. It's not a regular every day occurrence for him to be sat on one and with the noise and the dust and the speed etc. Idk, it just seemed weird that he felt relaxed and comfy enough to fall asleep like that and it's not the first time he's crashed in random places/scenarios. Come to think of it Ollie at nearly 4 y/o does the same, crashing in the stroller when they go out to dinner to the point he actually misses dinner completely; most comments put it down to a sugar crash with him. I wonder if there truly is some underlying condition with Cal that they simply have not discussed on the vlogs.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Kay91_ wrote:Did Ellie just (kinda sorta) admit she pushed Jackson into growing up early because of Calvin?! Hmm
Omg! I felt so much satisfaction watching that. Doesn't mean it makes any sense to me, but it was SO satisfying seeing Ellie halfway admit she didn't treat Jackson age appropriately because of Calvin.

But... she pushed Jackson into a toddler bed because, "they were bringing Calvin home...and yeah"??? What??
It was insightful to see how she worded all of that. And when she wanted to show a sneak peek of Cal sleeping on the 'big bed' and then her little ''EEEK'' freak out about the fact both boys will now be in big boy beds when they go home after the trip. From those two scenes I think Ellie's mind works like this:

Baby #1: Crib until baby #2 comes home. Doesn't matter how old #1 is or if he's ready he has to go into a big boys bed because there has to be a clear distinction in hierarchy that he is a now a child and the new baby is now the baby.

Baby #2: Crib until baby #3 comes home. Except there isn't a baby #3 hence Ellie struggling to process two 'big boys' in big boy beds.

It's like she's living in some kind of kids fairy story of how things should_be, rather than how they are in reality. Not sure if what I'm trying to say makes sense but it essentially goes back to Ellie's fantasy mind of her idea of perfection when life is so often far away from that.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”