Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by westwuff »

Apparently the thrush could be caused by a lip/tongue tie as well.
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

alyssadt wrote:
Theirmom wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:How about when Kelsey said junipers lip tie went away lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it was tongue tie? But yeah, you're right. That's not how it works. Two of my three kids had tongue tie, and it's pretty obvious that Juniper has it. When she cries, the tip of her tongue is kind of flat/squared off rather than spade shaped. [_]instead of U, if that makes sense. And it doesn't stick out very far either.

Put that together with continuing nipple pain, and yeah, that kid is tongue tied.

(Fun fact. Pretty sure Missy is too. Her tongue is short, squared off, and, when left untreated, tongue tie can cause impediments like lisps)

Totally agree with this. It's so obvious she have tongue tie, why are they so against getting it fixed?

Poor June is going to end up with speech problems because her parents were too crunchy to get it fixed.

both my son and daughter had it my son didn't get his fixed until he was 8 years old (diagnosed after 2yrs)
but had feeding issues as a baby she has had year and years of speech therapy :( now at 11 his still in therapy

my daughter was lasered at 7 weeks of age (she also had lip tie done ) she couldn't breastfeed (well latch was perfect)
but wasn't getting any milk so staving herself trying to feed as her suck reflex was so weak it took 10min with a LC to see what was up
I even asked the midwife that said she didn't have one but I new she did lost a heap of weight was almost but back in hospital to be tube fed
I ended up expressing and feeding her so she would gain and I could see how much she could get

if I has ended up listening to the midwife that nothing was wrong and just continued breastfeeding I hate to think what could of happened
as she was so tired/weak from feeding she didn't act like she was hungry but was loosing weight quickly
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

oops just saw in the vlog that they were basically alone in the theatre.
I don't know how healthy it is to take such a young baby to a cinema, but at least they didn't ruin the movie for like 20 other people
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Is it just me or does blood on spit-up sound a lot more concerning than their pediatrician made it out to be?
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

fossilfinger wrote:Is it just me or does blood on spit-up sound a lot more concerning than their pediatrician made it out to be?
I didn't see the vlog so I'm not sure the context. But if June's latch is bad causing Kelsey to bleed (she mentioned scabs on her nipples a few vlogs ago) June could be ingesting some blood when she nurses.

Happened to us when our babe was a day or so old (we were still in the hospital) the nurse wasn't too worried since she new is been dealing with cracked nipples. We ended up using a nipple shield until my son's tongue tie was revised.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

3BoysandaLilMiss wrote:
alyssadt wrote:
Theirmom wrote: I think it was tongue tie? But yeah, you're right. That's not how it works. Two of my three kids had tongue tie, and it's pretty obvious that Juniper has it. When she cries, the tip of her tongue is kind of flat/squared off rather than spade shaped. [_]instead of U, if that makes sense. And it doesn't stick out very far either.

Put that together with continuing nipple pain, and yeah, that kid is tongue tied.

(Fun fact. Pretty sure Missy is too. Her tongue is short, squared off, and, when left untreated, tongue tie can cause impediments like lisps)

Totally agree with this. It's so obvious she have tongue tie, why are they so against getting it fixed?

Poor June is going to end up with speech problems because her parents were too crunchy to get it fixed.

both my son and daughter had it my son didn't get his fixed until he was 8 years old (diagnosed after 2yrs)
but had feeding issues as a baby she has had year and years of speech therapy :( now at 11 his still in therapy

my daughter was lasered at 7 weeks of age (she also had lip tie done ) she couldn't breastfeed (well latch was perfect)
but wasn't getting any milk so staving herself trying to feed as her suck reflex was so weak it took 10min with a LC to see what was up
I even asked the midwife that said she didn't have one but I new she did lost a heap of weight was almost but back in hospital to be tube fed
I ended up expressing and feeding her so she would gain and I could see how much she could get

if I has ended up listening to the midwife that nothing was wrong and just continued breastfeeding I hate to think what could of happened
as she was so tired/weak from feeding she didn't act like she was hungry but was loosing weight quickly
Curious-- since your daughter got hers fixed right away, did she avoid having more problems down the road? I know it's probably a dumb question.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

Not sure yet as she is only 7 1/2mths now
we never got the hang of breastfeeding but could of been more bottle preference than anything
feeding issues like choking, reflex ect all resolved itself once she was done though
only time will tell on her speech as she gets older
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

My middle daughter had hers corrected at 7 days old, and her speech has been mostly fine. My youngest didn't have hers corrected until 3 months, and we're battling a lisp now (3yrs). Older daughter was a frenulum tongue tie, youngest was a posterior tongue tie. Posterior ties are a bit tricky, and she may need a second release when she's older. She will also likely need formal speech therapy for the lisp, but they want to give her another year to see if she outgrows it first.
That's my experience so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I'm surprised more people aren't mad about them going to the theater with a baby! Sure, they were pretty much alone, but just because they figured there wouldn't be many people doesn't mean they KNEW there would be. Would they have gone home if there were a lot of people? Probably not. June is too young to be out, especially to a MOVIE! Damn if that theater isn't gorgeous, though... :-o

"Remember when we went to Dublin, my love?" Nooo, your wife would totally forget going to Ireland, little humble bragger. And I so cringed when he called her my love...I have hated it since day one! It just sounds so unnatural for him.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm pretty stunned they took her to a movie at one week old during flu season. They're idiots. Or, like I said, they want "Scary Neonatal RSV" for a vlog title.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Taking that baby to a movie was ridiculous. The sound level alone must have bothered her, if not they were lucky. Yes how did they know there wouldn't have been other people there?
So Corbin caught himself "we haven't been out of the apt".... "oh before noon". Yes we know you've been out every single day and even in a car!
Big wooo mr crunchy actually fixed a meal in their own home.
Why are they taking the dog to day care? Doesn't that cost $$! ? Can't the dog stay alone?
Last question. Where are all these visitors they talked about having? To have had both the grandma and missy there at the same time was a huge waste. Would have been better to have split up that time. Also guess Corbin isn't going back to work anytime soon. I get a weird vibe from him when he talk about all the "things" he's done... dressed her, went into the market by himself and cooking dinner. Just strange.
Enough of the my love crap, too forced

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I know I have complained about the "my love". I think it's exactly the forced nature of it that bugs me. It doesn't sound like it just flows. Like deciding to be called "papa". It's like he decided that's what he would call Kelsey. Most endearments come from affection and knowing someone, and just come out. This sounds so pretentious.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

They obviously went to the first showing at the Bagdad Theater...which is a pretty and historic theater, but super grungy and dirty. It's one of those movie theaters where people can drink beer and eat pizza/burgers at their seats.

I'm not sure if they were honest about June not fussing. They certainly wouldn't film it if she was. At least they seemed to sit near the exit so Kelsey could take her out if she did start crying.

Also, no big props to Corbin for shopping. He probably went across the street from the theater to the Fred Meyer to get a few groceries. They are seriously editing the vlogs to make it seem like they are traveling long distances...but they are NOT. After the movie they rented a car...I think that's when they also had groceries. But they made it look like they went out later to walk to get groceries...lies. There isn't a grocery store really walking distance to their apartment.

Sneaky editing, Corbin!
socks123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by socks123 »

lmmomSD wrote:I know I have complained about the "my love". I think it's exactly the forced nature of it that bugs me. It doesn't sound like it just flows. Like deciding to be called "papa". It's like he decided that's what he would call Kelsey. Most endearments come from affection and knowing someone, and just come out. This sounds so pretentious.

I realized that the way he pronounces "my love" is what gets on my nerves. It sounds drawn out and whiney.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

socks123 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I know I have complained about the "my love". I think it's exactly the forced nature of it that bugs me. It doesn't sound like it just flows. Like deciding to be called "papa". It's like he decided that's what he would call Kelsey. Most endearments come from affection and knowing someone, and just come out. This sounds so pretentious.

I realized that the way he pronounces "my love" is what gets on my nerves. It sounds drawn out and whiney.
"mahllloffve"

ick
socks123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by socks123 »

OldHag wrote:
socks123 wrote:

"mahllloffve"

ick
Yes! Omg
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Kelsey must like him saying that all the time, because if my husband did that I would have no problem telling him to stfu and stop saying that lol

jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

socks123 wrote:

much like everything he says -_- ugh haha

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Corbin is Man-Missy. She even used to call Ollie "my love" all the time as well. And, if it's possible, he complains more than her. Actually, he's like Bryan and Missy combined. Whines constantly and is unabashedly entitled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tintin15 wrote:I'm surprised more people aren't mad about them going to the theater with a baby! Sure, they were pretty much alone, but just because they figured there wouldn't be many people doesn't mean they KNEW there would be. Would they have gone home if there were a lot of people? Probably not. June is too young to be out, especially to a MOVIE! Damn if that theater isn't gorgeous, though... :-o

"Remember when we went to Dublin, my love?" Nooo, your wife would totally forget going to Ireland, little humble bragger. And I so cringed when he called her my love...I have hated it since day one! It just sounds so unnatural for him.
Does anyone else get the vibe that Corbon Footprint is a subversive control freak? I've only watch less than a dozen vlogs but there's an under current in his personality and him being a try_hard 'my love' charmer. Along with his reaction to the 'hater' comments (his face went red several times he was so angry but acting calm and 'nice'). I just get a controlling vibe from him. I haven't watched enough to know if Kelsey is another Missy which would enable a partner like him, making it an unhealthy dynamic to bring a child up in.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”