Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jesssfam: Extreme Makeover (Modesto Edition) Part 89

Unread post by dailyblahblahblah »

Gre wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
Atrigsdad wrote:As far as how the twins were conceived, when you stop breastfeeding you have the possibility of ovulating twice due to your hormones regulating. Fraternal twins come from 2 seperate eggs so only the mother can cause fraternal. Men can cause twins but only identical. A good friend of mine is a twin. His grandpa is a twin with 2 sets of twins himself and his dad is a twin. Well, he ended up having 2 sets of identical twins himself. Imagine how that family looks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Identical twins happens when an egg splits in half, how does that have to do with the dad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because identical twins are most likely carried by genetics. Therefore, either the dad or the mom can have it in their genes.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Identical twins are not genetic. There has been speculation but it's never been scientifically proven.

malal22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by malal22 »

How is Drake even able to step up and be an active role in the boys life if all he is able to get is 2 visits a month for a max of 8 hours.... what? why would a court even allow that? it seems way more detrimental to the boys than a consistent schedule every week.

Even if Drake did everything right from here on out and stepped up and didn't miss visits (if he does), of course he's going to seem like a deadbeat regardless... he gets his kids 2 days a month. :/
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

malal22 wrote:How is Drake even able to step up and be an active role in the boys life if all he is able to get is 2 visits a month for a max of 8 hours.... what? why would a court even allow that? it seems way more detrimental to the boys than a consistent schedule every week.

Even if Drake did everything right from here on out and stepped up and didn't miss visits (if he does), of course he's going to seem like a deadbeat regardless... he gets his kids 2 days a month. :/
I am assuming that if he had the boys consistently for the visits he is allowed now that gradually he could get more and more time. Lik, start off with two visits 4 hours each... then maybe 3... then maybe 2x a week, then an overnight, then every other weekend etc...
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

malal22 wrote:How is Drake even able to step up and be an active role in the boys life if all he is able to get is 2 visits a month for a max of 8 hours.... what? why would a court even allow that? it seems way more detrimental to the boys than a consistent schedule every week.

Well he had more time before. I believe it was the same as Gabes, every other weekend and Wednesday evenings or something. It was reduced because he wasn't utilizing the time he did have with them. Although I agree that I don't see what good it does for the boys to reduce his time, I can also see why jess might've possibly been frustrated with not being able to make plans every other weekend because she had to see whether or not Drake would show up. He can step up now and see him every time he's supposed to and pay his child support and then take her back to court to get more time and I don't see why any judge wouldn't give it to him as long as he's consistent.

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Jess is so quick to crap all over Drake but she sure wasn't dissing him when she was getting pregnant with him.
I saw a quote on Facebook once that reminded me of Jess.
"Women who say, "my baby daddy ain't sh*t" sounds a lot like, "I let losers c*m in me."
And that's Jessica's life motto hahahha.

LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

Gre wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
Atrigsdad wrote:As far as how the twins were conceived, when you stop breastfeeding you have the possibility of ovulating twice due to your hormones regulating. Fraternal twins come from 2 seperate eggs so only the mother can cause fraternal. Men can cause twins but only identical. A good friend of mine is a twin. His grandpa is a twin with 2 sets of twins himself and his dad is a twin. Well, he ended up having 2 sets of identical twins himself. Imagine how that family looks.

Identical twins happens when an egg splits in half, how does that have to do with the dad?

Because identical twins are most likely carried by genetics. Therefore, either the dad or the mom can have it in their genes.

I clicked on "thank" instead of "quote" accidentally: as far as I know, a dad who is a twin cannot influence fraternal nor identical twin likelihood.

A man is a twin because his mom either ovulated with 2 eggs or had her egg split. She might pass that characteristic on to her son if it's a genetic thing (as opposed to age-related), but it won't make a difference for her son's chance of having twins, because he is not the one providing the egg for that fertilisation. However, if he has a daughter, he could pass the gene onto her, and SHE might have a higher chance of having twins.

This all mostly counts for fraternal twins though; there not a lot known about how identical twins form, it appears to mostly be a random mutation, and a family with multiple sets of identicals are very rare (which is why they often hit the news when they appear).
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

Sure Landen started calling Chris "dad" naturally. :roll: .. kids grow up calling people whatever they are told to call them, just sayin'.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

All she had to title it was TODDLER tag. I don't get why she has to mention DAD. How is it that Chris is only landers dad?!? So he's not Lilian's dad? He's not the twins dad? Or how does that work?

How does Chris feel having someone else's kid so attached to you? And Chris calls him a daddy's boy, idk that was weird but I guess I get it.

It's just all sad. And confusing. Maybe Chris deeply loves Landon like his own. Just weird how he can't love the rest like
His own just because he didn't raise them? He's not even there for his own boys!

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Doesn't anyone else think that "dad" thumbnail is a dig at Drake?

kalipali
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kalipali »

Guys, look at all that gorgeous, flowing RED HAIR!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 8995b0.jpg[/img]

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Yeeeaaahhhh...the court took away his visitation because he never showed up for his visits, which would have a detrimental effect on any child. Trust me (I know from experience) that courts are VERY reluctant to take away or reduce visitation from a parent and won't do it unless there is a lot of evidence that it's damaging to the child. I believe Jess about Drake not visiting the boys on his days simply because there's just no way the court would have reduced his custody that drastically otherwise. If you want visitation reduced, you have to prove the other person doesn't deserve to have it. The judge is an impartial third party and their only job is to rule in favour of the children, each parent's desires are very much secondary to that regardless of who is 'right'.

It's actually entirely possible for Drake to not be a deadbeat - all he has to do is step up, visit the boys regularly, and then he can apply for more custody through a judge or mediator. Courts these days are very eager to show that they don't favour the mother and the end goal is to have both parents be an active part of the child's life in whatever way is best for the child so I'm sure Drake 100% could see the boys more often if he wanted to.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
nrsunshine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nrsunshine »

bbygal wrote:
gemmie wrote:What does Chris' arm tattoo say? I'm only seeing MILAN.
Mulan because he's a warrior princess
I just snorted lmfao.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

kalipali wrote:Guys, look at all that gorgeous, flowing RED HAIR!!!!!!
wow! i looked at this next to a picture of ariel from the little mermaid and i couldn't tell which was which. just look at it! so real and visible and definitely not the product of her parents' imaginations! STUNNING.

eta: i know this is kind of mean but i always thought addy slightly resembled hank from breaking bad.
Last edited by luci417 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
nrsunshine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nrsunshine »

kalipali wrote:Guys, look at all that gorgeous, flowing RED HAIR!!!!!!
It's there. How do you not see it?

Jessss was right all along.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... b446ea.jpg[/img]
Atrigsdad
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Atrigsdad »

LilaLavender wrote:
Gre wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote: Identical twins happens when an egg splits in half, how does that have to do with the dad?

I clicked on "thank" instead of "quote" accidentally: as far as I know, a dad who is a twin cannot influence fraternal nor identical twin likelihood.

A man is a twin because his mom either ovulated with 2 eggs or had her egg split. She might pass that characteristic on to her son if it's a genetic thing (as opposed to age-related), but it won't make a difference for her son's chance of having twins, because he is not the one providing the egg for that fertilisation. However, if he has a daughter, he could pass the gene onto her, and SHE might have a higher chance of having twins.

This all mostly counts for fraternal twins though; there not a lot known about how identical twins form, it appears to mostly be a random mutation, and a family with multiple sets of identicals are very rare (which is why they often hit the news when they appear).
Wouldn't make sense as to why my friends family is full of twins. I can't find a picture of his dad and his brother or his grandpa and his bother any were but I did find a pic of his adorable sets of twins. Guess twins will forever be a mystery, Genetics are insane. On another note, no way in hell would I be able to raise 2 sets of twins so close in age. Nope! [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 64dcdf.jpg[/img]

Bambi_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bambi_ »

Mel1011 wrote:Sure Landen started calling Chris "dad" naturally. :roll: .. kids grow up calling people whatever they are told to call them, just sayin'.
I agree, my son never called my husband (his dad) "dad" or any variation of that. He started calling him "day-day (David)" until we finally got him to call him dad or daddy. He just went by whatever I called him.

Maisie_Claire
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Maisie_Claire »

Bambi_ wrote:
Mel1011 wrote:Sure Landen started calling Chris "dad" naturally. :roll: .. kids grow up calling people whatever they are told to call them, just sayin'.
I agree, my son never called my husband (his dad) "dad" or any variation of that. He started calling him "day-day (David)" until we finally got him to call him dad or daddy. He just went by whatever I called him.

Yup. If jess and her kids were calling him Chris, Landen would too. T&C aren't around enough to have influenced that by calling him dad, but hey it's a believable story for the minions.

I think it's funny how jess keeps up with this thread. Gotta be prepared to do damage control!

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk
Mamax1215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mamax1215 »

missy-1010 wrote:Jess is so quick to crap all over Drake but she sure wasn't dissing him when she was getting pregnant with him.
I saw a quote on Facebook once that reminded me of Jess.
"Women who say, "my baby daddy ain't sh*t" sounds a lot like, "I let losers c*m in me."
And that's Jessica's life motto hahahha.

Yaasssss! lol I tell my mom that all the time. She complains about my bio dad who died when I was a baby, so I tell her you had sec unprotected with him. It's really not only the mans fault especially if the woman doesn't know him that well or can't see through his true personality. With Jesss I think she was/is so desperate For a man to love her that she believes having a baby will keep the relationship strong. Also I think all of the attention from pregnancies on yt is like a high for her. The same with Britney.
dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

Chris is the closest thing Landen has ever had to a father so I don't know why everyone acts like it's so preposterous for him to call Chris "dad". A lot of kids who grow up with their step-parents from childhood call them mom/dad. Does Jess encourage it? Most likely, but it's one of the few things I really don't think she's wrong about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's not like Drake is in his life enough to actually be a father figure.

Return to “JesssFam”