nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Whose Whine Is It Anyway? Part 22

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

HelloSweetie wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:
Bumblebee93 wrote:I am impressed that they are vlogging this decision and the process. If this were Daily Bumps, we wouldn't have a clue for months. If ever
They are desperate for viewers. Views have gone down. I think if views get low enough they will finally open up about what is wrong with Calvin. I hope the views keep dropping.
According to Ellie's latest IG both boys are healthy though. Why exactly do people feel something is wrong health-wise with Calvin?

Both Ellie and Jared have spoke endlessly about how rough Calvin has/had it. There is/was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about. Take the torticollis for one example, we all knew he had it, E and J knew he had it but it was not discussed on the vlog. Calvin stopped breathing...twice and they did nothing besides call his doctor. There is/was something going on, it would make things more interesting if they would talk about it. Interesting= views.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote: They are desperate for viewers. Views have gone down. I think if views get low enough they will finally open up about what is wrong with Calvin. I hope the views keep dropping.
According to Ellie's latest IG both boys are healthy though. Why exactly do people feel something is wrong health-wise with Calvin?

Both Ellie and Jared have spoke endlessly about how rough Calvin has/had it. There is/was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about. Take the torticollis for one example, we all knew he had it, E and J knew he had it but it was not discussed on the vlog. Calvin stopped breathing...twice and they did nothing besides call his doctor. There is/was something going on, it would make things more interesting if they would talk about it. Interesting= views.
But they always talk about that stuff like it's in the past. I've just assumed it was another case of them re-writing history (like saying Calvin's doctor failed to diagnose Tort when we know that was untrue).

They never took the Tort and breathing seriously, so I question how stressed they were about it and how much it equated to a "rough first year." I always assume Ellie just thinking of his poor sleeping habits and breastfeeding issues when she talks about how hard it was.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Maybe this comes from my ignorance of infertility because I've never had an issue with it nor have I had irregular periods, but.. if Ellie does not regulate after her IUD is out (within a month or 2) are they going to question her weight? Are they going to re-evaluate her pcos? And are they going to re-evaluate her thyroid condition? I feel like with Ellie, there are many mysteries that could lead to her infertility, so I would assume that the doctors would consider everything and maybe try and look at previous diagnoses and see how prominent they are to her now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Oh does she have an IUD? I had no idea. When does she mention it

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

gymchick43 wrote:Oh does she have an IUD? I had no idea. When does she mention it

She mentions it while making the Doctors appointment, cause the appointment is to have the IUD removed.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Ellie just admitted that after Cal, she didn't feel physically or emotionally ready to get pregnant again which lead her to get an IUD. I am very curious as to why she is just now opening up about this.

Don't get me wrong, she has every right to keep that information private. I just can't help but wonder why she was so open about the fact that she was just going to let her body do its thing after Jackson, and they said multiple times that they were not preventing a pregnancy, yet kept completely silent on the subject when it came to postpartum with Cal.

Honestly, I'm feeling kind of bad for her right now. It appears that (not diagnosing, just stating my observation/opinion) she struggled with some form of PPD after Calvin. I don't think she was able to process this properly or deal with it in a healthy manner because of the way Mormons (her family in specific) are taught to be happy happy happy and repress any negative emotions. It's my honest opinion that that is what messed her up, and that is the change that we have seen her go through after having Cal.

Don't get me wrong, I still question her character in general, but I really do feel for her if this was/is truly the case. If we imagine, just for a second, that there is some fact behind this theory, thinking back to her actions (or lack of actions)/behaviors post Cal, it would explain so much.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

actuallydear wrote:
Bumblebee93 wrote:I am impressed that they are vlogging this decision and the process. If this were Daily Bumps, we wouldn't have a clue for months. If ever
me too. but, i wonder how much influence their declining views had on the decision to share. DB have never had that problem - their views are consistently growing.
E&J are boring. Adults don't want to be preached to as though they are children, and children don't want to be talked down to. As much as they say they are fun, they really aren't. They are sanctimonious, obnoxious and loathsome, but they aren't so bad that even that makes them interesting enough to hate watch. I'm sure most of us have met an Ellie or Jared in real life. Adults don't want to watch people like this, and kids don't want to hear about breastfeeding, discipling, TTC, infertility, etc.

I originally thought it was a nice thing to raise money for those couples to have fertility treatments, but now it feels like they are competing with them for attention and stealing their thunder. I really side-eye the timing of their announcement to TTC. It's an announcement that I feel is unnecessary (do we really need to hear about the TTC process? Do the kid viewers?), and unsympathetic to the couples they supposedly wanted to help.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - Whose Whine Is It Anyway? Part 22

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Ellie just admitted that after Cal, she didn't feel physically or emotionally ready to get pregnant again which lead her to get an IUD. I am very curious as to why she is just now opening up about this.

Don't get me wrong, she has every right to keep that information private. I just can't help but wonder why she was so open about the fact that she was just going to let her body do its thing after Jackson, and they said multiple times that they were not preventing a pregnancy, yet kept completely silent on the subject when it came to postpartum with Cal.

Honestly, I'm feeling kind of bad for her right now. It appears that (not diagnosing, just stating my observation/opinion) she struggled with some form of PPD after Calvin. I don't think she was able to process this properly or deal with it in a healthy manner because of the way Mormons (her family in specific) are taught to be happy happy happy and repress any negative emotions. It's my honest opinion that that is what messed her up, and that is the change that we have seen her go through after having Cal.

Don't get me wrong, I still question her character in general, but I really do feel for her if this was/is truly the case. If we imagine, just for a second, that there is some fact behind this theory, thinking back to her actions (or lack of actions)/behaviors post Cal, it would explain so much.
I would agree if we had seen even a second of her trying to change her ways and be a better parent to the boys. I don't feel we have... not at all, so there is nothing to prevent her withdrawing in the same manner again.

I don't think they should even be considering TTC another until Ellie is able to parent them both equally.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

freshbalsam wrote:Maybe this comes from my ignorance of infertility because I've never had an issue with it nor have I had irregular periods, but.. if Ellie does not regulate after her IUD is out (within a month or 2) are they going to question her weight? Are they going to re-evaluate her pcos? And are they going to re-evaluate her thyroid condition? I feel like with Ellie, there are many mysteries that could lead to her infertility, so I would assume that the doctors would consider everything and maybe try and look at previous diagnoses and see how prominent they are to her now.

It really depends on her fertility doctor. A good one will want her to do bloodwork all over again to see what they are dealing with 3 years later. A good fertility doctor would look at overall health, including her thyroid hormones and current BMI. But even if they encourage her to gain some weight, it doesn't mean they will wait until she does so before doing a medicated cycle.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

A woman who has shown repeatedly that she is incapable of putting her children's needs before her own ego, wants another baby and people feel sorry for her. Wow.

She made the appointment. It isn't Jared, the LDS church or even Jennifer making Ellie want a baby. It's ELLIE herself. She wants what she wants, regardless of if it's a good idea or not. The fact that she may (or may not) feel pressured to do it soon because she need the views doesn't make me feel sorry for her! She can be a big girl and go and get a job. She can work harder to establish her channel and turn it into something that brings in extra revenue. She can stop buying hundreds of dollars of cosmetics and cloths every month. She just doesn't want to because it's easier to have a baby. I bet we find out that one of Ellie's friends is pregnant and that's the true source of her sadness. I don't think it's that she doesn't want another baby. I think she absolutely does, and she's pushing Jared into it.

Just because someone wants something, doesn't mean they should get it. Ellie shouldn't get to mess up any more kids, and it's not something I want to see. If she gets pregnant we'll all be watching Calvin pushed away, moved downstairs and ostracized just as Jackson was. Sure it might be PPD, but Ellie never really got any better so I doubt it.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote: I would agree if we had seen even a second of her trying to change her ways and be a better parent to the boys. I don't feel we have... not at all, so there is nothing to prevent her withdrawing in the same manner again.

I don't think they should even be considering TTC another until Ellie is able to parent them both equally.
Oh, I completely agree with you. However, my sympathy comes from viewing their negligence as a result of them being ignorant and brainwashed (for lack of better words). I'm not making excuses for or trying to defend her/them at all, but I can't hold it against her for not trying to fix something that she doesn't know is a real problem.

Put it this way: I could see her sweeping it (PPD) under the rug (due to the way she was brought up/the only way she knows, not because she's making a conscious decision not to deal with a serious issue), and having it, in tern, manifest itself in so many different ways in her life that it becomes so intertwined with who she is that she can't even recognize a problem. Therefore, she can't make efforts to solve the problem.

(I'm struggling to explain myself here, and I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it, so I hope this makes sense and doesn't come off as me defending her. It's just my outside perspective/opinion on the situation.)
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

IceCreamCone wrote:A woman who has shown repeatedly that she is incapable of putting her children's needs before her own ego, wants another baby and people feel sorry for her. Wow.

She made the appointment. It isn't Jared, the LDS church or even Jennifer making Ellie want a baby. It's ELLIE herself. She wants what she wants, regardless of if it's a good idea or not. The fact that she may (or may not) feel pressured to do it soon because she need the views doesn't make me feel sorry for her! She can be a big girl and go and get a job. She can work harder to establish her channel and turn it into something that brings in extra revenue. She can stop buying hundreds of dollars of cosmetics and cloths every month. She just doesn't want to because it's easier to have a baby. I bet we find out that one of Ellie's friends is pregnant and that's the true source of her sadness. I don't think it's that she doesn't want another baby. I think she absolutely does, and she's pushing Jared into it.

Just because someone wants something, doesn't mean they should get it. Ellie shouldn't get to mess up any more kids, and it's not something I want to see. If she gets pregnant we'll all be watching Calvin pushed away, moved downstairs and ostracized just as Jackson was. Sure it might be PPD, but Ellie never really got any better so I doubt it.
After the car ride of Jared and Ellie talking about wanting a baby, you think ellie is pressuring JARED?! I mean, I think a small part of Ellie wants it for her selfish reasons, but Jared seems really fucking gung-ho and laying the pressure on thick!

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Instead of having a baby right now they should take a couple of years and go on fun vacations with the boys. They have the money for it. And they may realize that they actually like being a family of 4. That would also help their views.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Nuna wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
me too. but, i wonder how much influence their declining views had on the decision to share. DB have never had that problem - their views are consistently growing.
E&J are boring. Adults don't want to be preached to as though they are children, and children don't want to be talked down to. As much as they say they are fun, they really aren't. They are sanctimonious, obnoxious and loathsome, but they aren't so bad that even that makes them interesting enough to hate watch. I'm sure most of us have met an Ellie or Jared in real life. Adults don't want to watch people like this, and kids don't want to hear about breastfeeding, discipling, TTC, infertility, etc.

I originally thought it was a nice thing to raise money for those couples to have fertility treatments, but now it feels like they are competing with them for attention and stealing their thunder. I really side-eye the timing of their announcement to TTC. It's an announcement that I feel is unnecessary (do we really need to hear about the TTC process? Do the kid viewers?), and unsympathetic to the couples they supposedly wanted to help.
I have developed a jaded view looking at some YouTubers with their sincerity when sharing their life. I tend to see this as you do which is a harsh view. I based this off of Jared and his actions or rather inactions when it comes to helping other YouTube siblings and friends who are struggling, you see his lack of help. My conclusion is Jared looks at the bottom line with the growth of subscribers and views with their channel so I wonder if you have their contestant winners out there with a few vlogs, will their announcement take away from their progress. This is like was stated earlier a "Viewer Bait Baby 3.0."

I asked myself how much they would share with having another child and it appears it is a tell all deal. How do they come to the decision in regards to how much they share since it the past they admitted they didn't share things with Calvin? The only interest will be if they do have a baby, her reaction if it isn't a girl.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Oh, I completely agree with you. However, my sympathy comes from viewing their negligence as a result of them being ignorant and brainwashed (for lack of better words). I'm not making excuses for or trying to defend her/them at all, but I can't hold it against her for not trying to fix something that she doesn't know is a real problem.

Put it this way: I could see her sweeping it (PPD) under the rug (due to the way she was brought up/the only way she knows, not because she's making a conscious decision not to deal with a serious issue), and having it, in tern, manifest itself in so many different ways in her life that it becomes so intertwined with who she is that she can't even recognize a problem. Therefore, she can't make efforts to solve the problem.

(I'm struggling to explain myself here, and I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it, so I hope this makes sense and doesn't come off as me defending her. It's just my outside perspective/opinion on the situation.)
From what I understand of PPD though, it doesn't just come and go. Ellie was fine whenever they went on vacation to FL, or when Jared whisked her away to LV. She's said many times that she's overcome anxiety in the last year and that she's so much better, so this means that Ellie, in her current questionable state and by her own assessment is all BETTER. She's been better despite her superior treatment of Calvin over Jackson, and despite her inability to be sensitive to those around her's feelings and needs.

I see what you are trying to say, but even discarding what happened during Cal's first year (in case it was a PPD), I don't feel that Ellie is mature enough to handle the children she has, so I don't feel sorry for her if she feels pressured to have more. Then again, I don't believe that at all. I think the pressure to have another baby is 100% so someone else (Julie maybe?) doesn't beat her to it. Ellie wants a baby soon, she just resents the pressure of having to come out and say it to try and get views. Admitting it gives others (like Missy) the opportunity to beat her to it if they truly are competing.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Instead of having a baby right now they should take a couple of years and go on fun vacations with the boys. They have the money for it. And they may realize that they actually like being a family of 4. That would also help their views.

You know they actually just went on vacation for a week and visited a "fun" kid's channel family and I was surprised it was boring. I am not sure if this trip helped their views? Babies tend to bring in subscribers and viewers...for a while.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Ellie thinks it would be fun to have twins. I don't feel sorry for her at all. She is a kid playing house.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Cgl33 wrote:Ellie thinks it would be fun to have twins. I don't feel sorry for her at all. She is a kid playing house.
Yep. And that big ol' ice palace they built is essentially a giant 'Hello Room'.
HeatherNancine
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HeatherNancine »

I'm really surprised that they were ok with the choice of IUD as an acceptable form of birth control. It's an abortive method, meaning that the egg and sperm can unite but the IUD keeps it from implanting, as opposed to a method that prevents conception from happening. Many conservative Christians don't agree with using an IUD. Not judging, not stating any opinion on it, just saying...
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
After the car ride of Jared and Ellie talking about wanting a baby, you think ellie is pressuring JARED?! I mean, I think a small part of Ellie wants it for her selfish reasons, but Jared seems really fucking gung-ho and laying the pressure on thick!

I still do yes. Ellie has been mentioning babies in the vlogs, onTwitter and IG non-stop for awhile now. I think she definitely wants another baby soon, and she has Jared convinced. I think he understands just how much they have to benefit from being open, and that's why he comes across as more enthusiastic about the baby idea. I don't think it's that Ellie is lacking enthusiasm about it, I think she resents having to share information with us.

I also think Jared overcompensates a lot to try and make it appear that everything is ok between them. The happier and more excited Jared appears, the less happy and more concerned I tend to believe he actually is.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”