DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

sb613
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by sb613 »

Ugh, I was just watching pregnancy test videos and ended up re-watching the Daily Bumps testing when they were pregnant with Finley. I never realized how blatantly obvious Bryan was with the fake emotion! He doesn't react at all (knowing the results of the test) until Missy begins reacting, and then it's all covering his mouth and totally shocked "tears".
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

brownprincess93 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:They must be lying to his doctor about his speech. I can't imagine a doctor hearing him speak and not being concerned. He probably only says "yeah" at the doctor's office, and the doctor takes their word for how his speech is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
You know Bryan and Missy....there answer to everything is "he's doing so good" and "everything is good" - I think they should get Ollie's hearing checked as well. Speech delay can be affected from bad hearing too.
Oh, absolutely. With all that swimming, he could have water in his ear, or even (not related to swimming) a bunch of ear wax. It's been too long since my kids were little. Do they do routine hearing tests? My daughter had bad problems with tubes and tympanoplasties, so our experience is skewed. We laugh at the SlyFox drama over one tympanoplasty. Try nine.

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Exactly how old is Oliver?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

AutumnLane wrote:Exactly how old is Oliver?

he turns 4 on the 27th of july
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

lmmomSD wrote:
brownprincess93 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:They must be lying to his doctor about his speech. I can't imagine a doctor hearing him speak and not being concerned. He probably only says "yeah" at the doctor's office, and the doctor takes their word for how his speech is.

You know Bryan and Missy....there answer to everything is "he's doing so good" and "everything is good" - I think they should get Ollie's hearing checked as well. Speech delay can be affected from bad hearing too.
Oh, absolutely. With all that swimming, he could have water in his ear, or even (not related to swimming) a bunch of ear wax. It's been too long since my kids were little. Do they do routine hearing tests? My daughter had bad problems with tubes and tympanoplasties, so our experience is skewed. We laugh at the SlyFox drama over one tympanoplasty. Try nine.

Our pediatrician does a vision and hearing test at the 5 year well check. Our elementary school has just begun testing hearing and vision prior to Kindergarten entry.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Re: Ollie's speech

I've talked abt this before, but the older he gets, the more I see the similarities. My son is 4.5. For over a year he's been in Speech and OT. He has a "Processing Disorder", both expressive and receptive. The words get jumbled up in his head and he doesn't put them together into cohesive sentences. He'll talk and be saying 3 different things all at once, in bits and pieces. He used to have trouble understanding what we were saying (receptive), but that's come together and he's caught up in that area. Expressive language is still difficult for him, and you can see him searching for the right words when he's trying to recall something. His pronouns are mixed up (he for she). We really work with having him slow down, take deep breaths before speaking and think about what he wants to say. We work with him at home everyday plus 1 day a week Speech and OT. It's really really helped him and it's so encouraging to see your child improve.

Ollie behaves a LOT like my son. His expressive speech is nearly identical (though my son speaks more clearly). His receptiveness seems to be lacking, thus the "yeahs". Watching him yesterday searching for the dino egg, his mannerisms are so like my son's. It was really cute to see him sneaking around the yard, telling everyone to shhh.

He does need help. So many of us have kids who needed speech, and we know the signs. Ollie has them, and it will get more pronounced and more difficult to treat if they don't step up now.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Let's put it this way. My son is about one month older than Oliver. They have very similar speech. My son is special needs. He goes to school 4 mornings a week receives various different types of therapies including speech therapy for well over a year now. He's been put about two years behind. So no matter what they say he is definitely 100% behind.

Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's just so sad and aggravating to watch them pointedly ignore
that he needs help! The need for speech therapy doesn't reflect badly on them. Ignoring it does. #parentinggoals. Riiiiight.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

iamtherealist wrote:I just figured out why Missy is on her phone all day long. It is because she spends all her time blocking people on social media.

Yep. You read that right.

I got blocked tonight by Bryan, Missy, and Cassy. I am pretty sure they send out a family text "Hey, block so-and-so. They are catching on to the bad people that we are!"
what did you do to get blocked? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Edenberry. Wow. Our sons have a lot in common. Great post thanks for sharing.

pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Acbsktbll wrote:Image

#moneyisnoproblem. Look at all the take out.

You know because it takes 2 minutes to make a PB&J

Is that a whole shelf of burritos?!

I'd still eat those carrots lol

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
I would still eat the carrots and the spinach looks fresh still too! I'm actually shocked that they have fresh spinach in the fridge at all, when do they EVER eat fresh greens other than the occasional Caesar salad? She probably just bought a fresh bag for the sole purpose of feeding the chickens. I wouldnt look down on that so much if she actually fed herself and her family some of it too.
I think that they only buy vegetables to give the appearance that they eat them, when in reality it's only the chickens that consume vegetables in that household.

It's a shame because they're missing out on the nutrients in the vegetables.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

pllfan5 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Acbsktbll wrote:Image

#moneyisnoproblem. Look at all the take out.

You know because it takes 2 minutes to make a PB&J

Is that a whole shelf of burritos?!

I'd still eat those carrots lol

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
I would still eat the carrots and the spinach looks fresh still too! I'm actually shocked that they have fresh spinach in the fridge at all, when do they EVER eat fresh greens other than the occasional Caesar salad? She probably just bought a fresh bag for the sole purpose of feeding the chickens. I wouldnt look down on that so much if she actually fed herself and her family some of it too.
I think that they only buy vegetables to give the appearance that they eat them, when in reality it's only the chickens that consume vegetables in that household.

I'm starting to think this is 100% true. They always show them buying or having produce in the house but never show them eating any of it accept oranges bananas and strawberries for the boys. They think that if they buy it and we see it in the fridge we will assume they are eating it. We all know missy wont touch a damn thing green with a ten foot pole. I guess having a disposable income means you can fill your fridge with fresh produce only to dump it in the yard.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What I don't understand is how they don't notice it? When I hear other children the same age as my son it's so obvious.

If I had the money they did I would be footing the bill for all sorts of private therapy sessions etc. They don't have to qualify for anything they simply could afford whatever he needs... the best of the best. They have the means and ability to help him I don't understand what's holding them back. You can tell he's struggling BUT at the same time he is slowly progressing. So imagine how much further ahead he would be if they did get him the help he needed over a year ago. He possibly could even be completely caught up by now.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
pllfan5 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: I would still eat the carrots and the spinach looks fresh still too! I'm actually shocked that they have fresh spinach in the fridge at all, when do they EVER eat fresh greens other than the occasional Caesar salad? She probably just bought a fresh bag for the sole purpose of feeding the chickens. I wouldnt look down on that so much if she actually fed herself and her family some of it too.

I'm starting to think this is 100% true. They always show them buying or having produce in the house but never show them eating any of it accept oranges bananas and strawberries for the boys. They think that if they buy it and we see it in the fridge we will assume they are eating it. We all know missy wont touch a damn thing green with a ten foot pole. I guess having a disposable income means you can fill your fridge with fresh produce only to dump it in the yard.
The chickens have the best diet of anyone in the house! They buy all that stuff, go out to eat at least two times a day, and the chickens get the produce.

ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

I don't get if they really can't tell he has a speech delay or if they are ashamed by it. Either way, so many people have pointed it out! I remember even when I started watching, when Missy was like 20 weeks pregnant with Finn, there were many people in the comment section mentioning it. I don't have any kids, but I had to go to speech therapy. I couldn't pronounce the r and rr sounds (roll my r's) which is important when your first language is Spanish. And honestly, I have fond memories of it! My therapist was super nice, actually taught me a lot, and helped me with a lot more than just my speech. It really isn't a big deal! So many people I know went to speech therapy. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I think Ollie is a smart kid, who would do well if they could see he needs help.
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

ughpleasee wrote:I don't get if they really can't tell he has a speech delay or if they are ashamed by it. Either way, so many people have pointed it out! I remember even when I started watching, when Missy was like 20 weeks pregnant with Finn, there were many people in the comment section mentioning it. I don't have any kids, but I had to go to speech therapy. I couldn't pronounce the r and rr sounds (roll my r's) which is important when your first language is Spanish. And honestly, I have fond memories of it! My therapist was super nice, actually taught me a lot, and helped me with a lot more than just my speech. It really isn't a big deal! So many people I know went to speech therapy. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I think Ollie is a smart kid, who would do well if they could see he needs help.
Maybe they're in denial or they haven't been around enough kids to know it's not normal?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
ughpleasee wrote:I don't get if they really can't tell he has a speech delay or if they are ashamed by it. Either way, so many people have pointed it out! I remember even when I started watching, when Missy was like 20 weeks pregnant with Finn, there were many people in the comment section mentioning it. I don't have any kids, but I had to go to speech therapy. I couldn't pronounce the r and rr sounds (roll my r's) which is important when your first language is Spanish. And honestly, I have fond memories of it! My therapist was super nice, actually taught me a lot, and helped me with a lot more than just my speech. It really isn't a big deal! So many people I know went to speech therapy. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe they're in denial or they haven't been around enough kids to know it's not normal?

But they're around Peyton every day. She's the same age. Caspian is a year older. They go to church now, and he's with other kids there, and they have their vlogger "BFF'S" E&J and Cullen and Katie who have younger kids with better language skills. They just refuse to believe that anything could be "wrong" with their golden child. Missy did a Snap rant a while back about how "advanced" Ollie's speech is, and how he speaks perfectly clearly all day long, just not on camera. So they see the comments.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I think Missy's cult background might have a lot to do with the denial of speech therapy as well. She was obviously never offered it, and wasn't raised in public school (or a regular classroom environment) so she never saw kids in her class going to speech (i was always jealous as a kid! lol) and probably looks down her nose at kids who are in any sort of special education (i would imagine that a child in speech through the school system would have an IEP?) and still thinks there is a stigma with it.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

If they're "embarrassed" about him being in speech therapy because it means he needs help, their thought process is all backwards. They don't even talk to people in their every day lives besides family members! They could even keep it off the vlogs if they really wanted to, but a three year old going to speech therapy is a lot less "embarrassing" (if that's what they're worried about) than the possibility of Ollie being embarrassed himself having to go to speech therapy in his elementary/middle school years where he might be afraid of being judged by other kids. He doesn't even know other kids right now!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
nrsunshine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nrsunshine »

Playsinrain wrote:I think Missy's cult background might have a lot to do with the denial of speech therapy as well. She was obviously never offered it, and wasn't raised in public school (or a regular classroom environment) so she never saw kids in her class going to speech (i was always jealous as a kid! lol) and probably looks down her nose at kids who are in any sort of special education (i would imagine that a child in speech through the school system would have an IEP?) and still thinks there is a stigma with it.
Yes, my daughter is in speech therapy through her school and has an IEP.

If my kid ever ended up going to school with Missy's kids, she best learn to keep her opinions to herself.

This mama is a bit savage and if I ever had the unkempt likes of Missy judging me, I'd end her. I'd end her in the worst way.

Return to “Daily Bumps”