bbygal
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HayleeAndBaby: Part 2

Unread post by bbygal »

gossip450 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote: My 100% Mexican (parents were actually immigrants) coworker is pro-Trump and pro-immigration ban. Her family is the only exception because they did it "the right way," as if every single other immigrant is doing it the "wrong way." Hypocrisy is everywhere. I highly doubt Haylee and Randy celebrate, much less acknowledge, Hazzel's Mexican heritage.
I'm new here and don't mean to start a political debate, but I disagree. My parents were both immigrants, and I support Trump. There are plenty of immigrants who do it "the right way," which I assume means legally, including my parents. He's only against illegal immigration, so it isn't hypocrisy for a legal immigrant to support him. Immigrating to the United States illegally is the "wrong way" by definition.
Brown immigrants? He doesn't mind the white ones.
gossip450
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by gossip450 »

My 100% Mexican (parents were actually immigrants) coworker is pro-Trump and pro-immigration ban. Her family is the only exception because they did it "the right way," as if every single other immigrant is doing it the "wrong way." Hypocrisy is everywhere. I highly doubt Haylee and Randy celebrate, much less acknowledge, Hazzel's Mexican heritage.[/quote]

I'm new here and don't mean to start a political debate, but I disagree. My parents were both immigrants, and I support Trump. There are plenty of immigrants who do it "the right way," which I assume means legally, including my parents. He's only against illegal immigration, so it isn't hypocrisy for a legal immigrant to support him. Immigrating to the United States illegally is the "wrong way" by definition.[/quote]

You seriously made an account just to jump in on a political post? GTFO
Did Haylee or Randy send you?
*Gasp* Or are you Haylee?

One more thing, Trump is a disgusting and vile individual for way more things than his stance on immigration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I've been thinking about joining this site for awhile, and this was just an excuse to finally do it. I'm entitled to post opinions and engage with other users just as much as anyone else. You're asking if Haylee or Randy sent me just because I expressed a political opinion that differed from the previous post? Come on... I wasn't even defending Randy. I was only giving my opinion in response to the opinion of someone else.

With regards to Trump, I don't support him for his personality or character. He might have significant issues, but so did Clinton. There were really only two options, so it's a lesser of two evils situation. That's just politics...
gossip450
Wallflower
Wallflower

Yue195 wrote:I don't know much American politics and I loath Trump but someone explain me this- If Trump is so hated, how the hell did he win?
Many people were so done with politicians that they were willing to risk having such an outsider in the White House. He also had the right message at the right time. "Make America Great Again," even if people disagree that he will do this, is a message that resonates with a lot of people, and he addressed issues that people are concerned about (immigration, but also the economy, terrorism, etc.) Even if he is wrong on the issues, the fact that he actually identified them as issues gave him an advantage because Clinton didn't address them as issues, at least not immigration and terrorism. Saying things like "Stronger together" "love trumps hate" "build bridges" and so on sound nice, but many people can't afford to think like that. Shaming people into not voting for someone does not usually work, and Clinton didn't have much else to say.

Also, a lot of people were not willing to say that they support him openly due to the current political and media climate - just look at the response my post got immediately, and this is anonymous...
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

HayleeAndBaby: Part 2

Unread post by Emcee »

Nah. Donald Trump didn't win the popular vote, he actually lost by a greater margin than any other US president.
He won the electoral vote and that's why he won the presidency.

"I can't vote for Clinton so I will just hand my country over to the devil himself"
I mean come on, did you see the way he behaved with Germany's defense minister?
Trump is a literal spoiled child, who will pout when he doesn't get his way.
He is an embarrassment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Emcee on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:love2:
bbygal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bbygal »

gossip450 wrote:
Yue195 wrote:I don't know much American politics and I loath Trump but someone explain me this- If Trump is so hated, how the hell did he win?
Many people were so done with politicians that they were willing to risk having such an outsider in the White House. He also had the right message at the right time. "Make America Great Again," even if people disagree that he will do this, is a message that resonates with a lot of people, and he addressed issues that people are concerned about (immigration, but also the economy, terrorism, etc.) Even if he is wrong on the issues, the fact that he actually identified them as issues gave him an advantage because Clinton didn't address them as issues, at least not immigration and terrorism. Saying things like "Stronger together" "love trumps hate" "build bridges" and so on sound nice, but many people can't afford to think like that. Shaming people into not voting for someone does not usually work, and Clinton didn't have much else to say.

Also, a lot of people were not willing to say that they support him openly due to the current political and media climate - just look at the response my post got immediately, and this is anonymous...
Oh my god go away with the pro-Trump bullshit and let us trash Randy in peace.
gossip450
Wallflower
Wallflower

Emcee wrote:Nah. Donald Trump didn't win the popular vote, he actually lost by a greater margin than any other US president.

"I can't vote for Clinton so I will just hand my country over to the devil himself"
He is an embarrassment.

I never said he won the popular vote. I was only trying to explain why he is currently in the White House when everything suggested that it should have been Clinton. You say he is the devil, others say she is...

I will concede that Trump is often awkward and inappropriate.
gossip450
Wallflower
Wallflower

bbygal wrote:
gossip450 wrote:

Oh my god go away with the pro-Trump bullshit and let us trash Randy in peace.
I'll join you in trashing Randy, but if others can express political opinions, so can I.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Emcee wrote:Nah. Donald Trump didn't win the popular vote, he actually lost by a greater margin than any other US president.

He is an embarrassment.

That's what I heard that the electoral vote got him in but I don't understand how that works. I honestly hoping you guys would get Bernie Sanders but gossip has a point, you had two crap candidates in the end.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
bbygal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bbygal »

gossip450 wrote:
bbygal wrote: Oh my god go away with the pro-Trump bullshit and let us trash Randy in peace.
I'll join you in trashing Randy, but if others can express political opinions, so can I.
We were discussing how it is hypocritical for Randy to support a fascist pig who voices nasty opinions on Mexicans while raising a half Mexican child. You didn't answer my question about whether your parents were brown or white immigrants so I think you understand that if they were from his approved non-Muslim and non-brown countries, that's irrelevant here.
gossip450
Wallflower
Wallflower

Yue195 wrote:

He is an embarrassment.

That's what I heard that the electoral vote got him in but I don't understand how that works. I honestly hoping you guys would get Bernie Sanders but gossip has a point, you had two crap candidates in the end.
Each candidate gets electoral votes from the states they win. The larger the state's population, the more electoral votes. To win the election, a candidate needs at least 270 electoral votes. Clinton won the popular vote because she won many of her states by larger margins than Trump won his, but Trump won the election because he won more states leading to more electoral votes.
gossip450
Wallflower
Wallflower

We were discussing how it is hypocritical for Randy to support a fascist pig who voices nasty opinions on Mexicans while raising a half Mexican child. You didn't answer my question about whether your parents were brown or white immigrants so I think you understand that if they were from his approved non-Muslim and non-brown countries, that's irrelevant here.[/quote]

Yes, my parents are both white, but again, the immigration debate is about legal versus illegal immigration, not about from which countries the immigrants are from. If you don't accept that premise, then there isn't much else for me to say. Also, the issue with select Muslim countries is more about terrorism than immigration, even if the proposed ban is misguided.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

gossip450 wrote: Yes, my parents are both white, but again, the immigration debate is about legal versus illegal immigration, not about from which countries the immigrants are from. If you don't accept that premise, then there isn't much else for me to say. Also, the issue with select Muslim countries is more about terrorism than immigration, even if the proposed ban is misguided.
For some people it is about racism, though. My coworkers are clearly prejudiced against people of non-European cultures because they think all problems in our society stem from "cultural misunderstandings" and "cultural conditioning." They are for the travel ban because they want to keep America homogeneous and consider outside cultures a threat, and they buy into the rhetoric about people from predominately Muslim countries and Mexico being rapists and drug dealers.

I have never met anyone who's against a white person from, say, Germany immigrating to the U.S., but if the person's skin is brown, all of a sudden they're considered a criminal/rapist/drug dealer/job stealer.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Electoral college it's stupid he didn't even have the popular vote
jellybean
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jellybean »

gossip450 wrote:Yes, my parents are both white, but again, the immigration debate is about legal versus illegal immigration, not about from which countries the immigrants are from. If you don't accept that premise, then there isn't much else for me to say. Also, the issue with select Muslim countries is more about terrorism than immigration, even if the proposed ban is misguided.
I log in here like once every six months when something really irritates me enough. You sound so ignorant that here I am. People like to call Trump xenophobic but that's not true: he is RACIST against immigrants who are not white. And people are literally more likely to die from being shot by a toddler than getting attacked by a "Muslim terrorist". Like someone said earlier, go away.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

blackroses wrote:
That's what I was confused about, like if he's so well hated how did he win? Like I get the travel ban, I'm not for it and I think it's dumb, but I get it. Nothing else has worked for terrorism as far as I'm aware and extreme measures are being taken. The Wall I think is incredibly stupid, I don't know if it's true but apparently he plans on only sending the illegal immigrants with records back and the ones doing good he will take in consideration. I think he thought of it like business and most of the incredible dumb shit he said was aimed at a target audience. My main issue with him running the US is the women's rights being ripped and the obvious rascism.

Frankly I never want to hear two years work experience needed ever again.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

fossilfinger wrote:
gossip450 wrote: Yes, my parents are both white, but again, the immigration debate is about legal versus illegal immigration, not about from which countries the immigrants are from. If you don't accept that premise, then there isn't much else for me to say. Also, the issue with select Muslim countries is more about terrorism than immigration, even if the proposed ban is misguided.
For some people it is about racism, though. My coworkers are clearly prejudiced against people of non-European cultures because they think all problems in our society stem from "cultural misunderstandings" and "cultural conditioning." They are for the travel ban because they want to keep America homogeneous and consider outside cultures a threat, and they buy into the rhetoric about people from predominately Muslim countries and Mexico being rapists and drug dealers.

I have never met anyone who's against a white person from, say, Germany immigrating to the U.S., but if the person's skin is brown, all of a sudden they're considered a criminal/rapist/drug dealer/job stealer.

This a million times! You know how many dirty looks we get at the mall or grocery store because I choose to speak Spanish to my kids.
My husband and I are Hispanic, I'm light skinned while my husband is tan. I was actually born in Mexico and migrated to the US when I was 14 and my husband is an American born citizen. A couple of months ago we were at this store and this lady came up to my husband, and I kid you not, she started yelling at him that she couldn't wait for Trump to send "his kind" back. We were speechless, but she wasn't done, she turned around and looked at me and started screaming how I should be ashamed that I'm dating " a Mexican". At this point I was heated and thanking God that our children weren't with us, everyone around us was just staring but no one dared to say anything.
So I told the lady how my husband was an American born citizen and I was the immigrant and we had as much right to be in this country as her, and that we weren't ashamed of our heritage, and she didn't like it she could screw off.
She silently walked away, and a couple of minutes later this older couple approached us and told us that she was very sorry about what just happened.
All I could think was "WELCOME TO TRUMP'S AMERICA!!"

:love2:
tieruhhlynn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tieruhhlynn »

This is so stupid. Someone's political stance doesn't represent that person as a whole or their character. Whoever brought up politics, shame on you for starting this pointless argument that has nothing to do with the topic at all lol NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME OPINION AS YOU. SAY WHAT YOU WANT AND MOVE ON. YOU WON'T CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND BY NAME CALLING OR BEING AN ASS. End rant.
gossip450
Wallflower
Wallflower

This is the last post I'll make on the subject, as I'm clearly outnumbered on this site and don't want this to go on forever.

All I did was respectfully state my opinion (which is shared by more or less half the country) in response to someone else. I'm not sure why that makes me ignorant? I'm not the one who resorted to name-calling. I'm not the one who said things like "racist, sexist, fascist pig," an so on in order to make my point. I'm not the one making generalizations about almost half the country based on anecdotal evidence. Trump supporters aren't a monolith. I'm truly sorry that people have experienced racism, but it wouldn't be fair to use those experiences to characterize all Trump supporters, just like it wouldn't be fair to use the people rioting in the street to characterize all who oppose him. Each side has people who do a poor job representing it, and each side has anecdotes to support its position. The people arguing against making generalizations about immigrants and Muslims are the same people making generalizations about Trump supporters.

There are reasons to oppose illegal immigration that have absolutely nothing to do with race. I would encourage people to look up what Obama and the Clinton's have said about illegal immigration in the past, before it was such a partisan issue. They used to sound very similar to Trump:

Bill:
Obama:
Hillary:
(I hope the links work, but if not, look it up on YouTube)

I'll also give a personal story: we have family living in Paris. They were near the attack. Some parts of the city have changed a lot in recent years, and many no longer feel safe. I won't, however, judge an entire group of people based on personal experience. I won't dismiss the concerns some people have as racism, Islamophobia, or xenophobia either.

I plan on posting about the usual topics in the future, and hope that people are able to separate politics from other aspects of a person.
Lucky-one
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lucky-one »

blackroses wrote:
No, what's stupid is democrats suddenly whining about the electoral college when it usually guarantees them a win due to California and New York having such a large number of EC votes and being blue states. That's also why Hillary got more popular votes, because of the large percentage of democrats in CA and NY. The electoral college isn't perfect, but the USA isn't a democracy, it's a federal republic. Popular vote is meaningless because our elections are determined by elected representatives.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Lucky-one wrote:
blackroses wrote:
No, what's stupid is democrats suddenly whining about the electoral college when it usually guarantees them a win due to California and New York having such a large number of EC votes and being blue states. That's also why Hillary got more popular votes, because of the large percentage of democrats in CA and NY. The electoral college isn't perfect, but the USA isn't a democracy, it's a federal republic. Popular vote is meaningless because our elections are determined by elected representatives.

I've been "whining" about the electoral college far before this election even happened.

Return to “HayleeAndFamily”