Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by wishes »

Playsinrain wrote:That telemarketer guys!!!! Holy crap! I can't believe that guy talked to them that way. i mean sure, Cullen was agging it on (i totally have done the same, its much fun) but that just shows you it was a total scam (if it wasn't clear enough) if the guy was being that unprofessional. :lol: :lol:
"Stop wasting my time" -EYEROLL- Hypocrite.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Playsinrain wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:These two are just incredibly lazy. There's no reason or justification as to why they can't cook, clean, exercise, or spend more time with the kids. They just don't want to.
the cooking, cleaning and exercise i get, but spending more time with the kids? They are always with the kids, unless MG is at school or at Granddolly's (which i think Granddolly Day is a thing she has done with all the grand kids until they are school age. She also has "summer camp" at her house for the older ones...) I get what you are saying, but i don't think they need to be chastised for how much time they spend with the kids..
I added the part about spending time with their kids because they've complained in the past that Gaines takes up allll of their time so they can't spend any with Brooks. I definitely think that her activities are good for her, but when you think about how much she actually does away from them it starts to be very suspect that she keeps them "so busy"

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Anyone notice the blatant brand placement (Hello Fresh box randomly placed on the side of the deck) when Cullen was taking about his root canal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

madi_b_123 wrote:Anyone notice the blatant brand placement (Hello Fresh box randomly placed on the side of the deck) when Cullen was taking about his root canal
That placement was cringe worthy lol
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

madi_b_123 wrote:Anyone notice the blatant brand placement (Hello Fresh box randomly placed on the side of the deck) when Cullen was taking about his root canal
As much as it might have been Cullen's humor that placement was cringe worthy.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:These two are just incredibly lazy. There's no reason or justification as to why they can't cook, clean, exercise, or spend more time with the kids. They just don't want to.
the cooking, cleaning and exercise i get, but spending more time with the kids? They are always with the kids, unless MG is at school or at Granddolly's (which i think Granddolly Day is a thing she has done with all the grand kids until they are school age. She also has "summer camp" at her house for the older ones...) I get what you are saying, but i don't think they need to be chastised for how much time they spend with the kids..
I added the part about spending time with their kids because they've complained in the past that Gaines takes up allll of their time so they can't spend any with Brooks. I definitely think that her activities are good for her, but when you think about how much she actually does away from them it starts to be very suspect that she keeps them "so busy"

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
The activities that are the sweetest is the time MG spends with all her grandparents and this includes Katie's mom takes her for a day. These are special memories for her as well as JK's kids that they will carry forever. I think we forget that there will be a day when her grandmother might not be there and this time invested by Katie's mom with MG is to be admired. There is nothing better than to be spoiled by a grandparent. :D
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

There's nothing wrong with her spending time with her grandparents. They don't do it excessively, or take it for granted. And it is going to build special memories for when they're not around. My dad passed away when I was pregnant with my son. Kills me that they never knew each other. But I get what Rootbeer is saying -- that with all of the activities Gaines does, to complain that she keeps them to preoccupied to spend time with Brooks, when both of them are at home 24/7, just sounds off. Besides, it is a fact of life that the first kid gets more one on one attention than you're able to give subsequent babies. I imagine especially so, when they suffered losses and wanted her SO badly. Not that kids of parents who don't have losses aren't doted upon also, but you know what I mean.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:There's nothing wrong with her spending time with her grandparents. They don't do it excessively, or take it for granted. And it is going to build special memories for when they're not around. My dad passed away when I was pregnant with my son. Kills me that they never knew each other. But I get what Rootbeer is saying -- that with all of the activities Gaines does, to complain that she keeps them to preoccupied to spend time with Brooks, when both of them are at home 24/7, just sounds off. Besides, it is a fact of life that the first kid gets more one on one attention than you're able to give subsequent babies. I imagine especially so, when they suffered losses and wanted her SO badly. Not that kids of parents who don't have losses aren't doted upon also, but you know what I mean.

I agree with Rootbeer and just having a full day without a toddler when she goes to Katie's mom and you have both parents at home is a gift that most moms don't see. With two parents around 24/7 this shouldn't be an issue not to have time for two children. Her preoccupation might be taking MG to all these activities which I think are not all necessary, but then again, Cullen is home with the baby. Honestly, who other than YouTubers has this luxury since most of us need(ed) to take all of the kids (more than 2 even) with us everywhere.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:There's nothing wrong with her spending time with her grandparents. They don't do it excessively, or take it for granted. And it is going to build special memories for when they're not around. My dad passed away when I was pregnant with my son. Kills me that they never knew each other. But I get what Rootbeer is saying -- that with all of the activities Gaines does, to complain that she keeps them to preoccupied to spend time with Brooks, when both of them are at home 24/7, just sounds off. Besides, it is a fact of life that the first kid gets more one on one attention than you're able to give subsequent babies. I imagine especially so, when they suffered losses and wanted her SO badly. Not that kids of parents who don't have losses aren't doted upon also, but you know what I mean.

I agree with Rootbeer and just having a full day without a toddler when she goes to Katie's mom and you have both parents at home is a gift that most moms don't see. With two parents around 24/7 this shouldn't be an issue not to have time for two children. Katie's preoccupation might be taking MG to all these activities which I think are not all necessary, but then again, Cullen is home with the baby. Honestly, who other than YouTubers has this luxury since most of us need(ed) to take all of the kids (more than 2 even) with us everywhere.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

I agree they take for granted what they have, but when they were talking about being preoccupied with MG in their livestream and feeling guilty about not spending enough time with Brooks, I think it came right after talking about how when MG was born, they were both so in love with her, and the whole world fell away and nothing else mattered, but with Brooks, they feel guilty that they're not so wrapped up and lost in the moment with him. Because MG takes a lot of energy. I didn't take it like they resented her, I think it's just that guilt you feel because the second child doesn't get the same level of attention as the first

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

storeynyx wrote:I agree they take for granted what they have, but when they were talking about being preoccupied with MG in their livestream and feeling guilty about not spending enough time with Brooks, I think it came right after talking about how when MG was born, they were both so in love with her, and the whole world fell away and nothing else mattered, but with Brooks, they feel guilty that they're not so wrapped up and lost in the moment with him. Because MG takes a lot of energy. I didn't take it like they resented her, I think it's just that guilt you feel because the second child doesn't get the same level of attention as the first

I had pangs of guilt with each additional child. I worried I was not enough for all four. Looking back they each got me but in different ways. Conscientious parents work out what is best for their kids. I have not heard C&K complain about not giving Brooks enough time lately

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yet again more excuses at the end of today's vlog about their ability to do basic adulting. They blame their inability of going to bed at a normal/reasonable hour on having two kids. This couple are in their mid thirties for goodness sake.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:Yet again more excuses at the end of today's vlog about their ability to do basic adulting. They blame their inability of going to bed at a normal/reasonable hour on having two kids. This couple are in their mid thirties for goodness sake.
"It's 3:00 in the morning". Why are you vlogging with the lights on, instead of trying to sleep then? I thought exactly the same thing! We turned it off as soon as they said that.
Is all pasta "spaghetti" to them? (Yeah, I know I am nitpicking)
I don't understand "rewarding" a child for sleeping through the night. I can understand staying in bed quietly. Am I being obtuse, and that's what they meant? Because actually sleeping through the night isn't something Gaines can control.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I am not one of those moms that rewards a child for doing what they are suppose to do. The preschool where I sub they reward students who go above and beyond. If C&K want to take their kids to Chuckie Cheese go and take them, but don't say you're taking her for staying in bed all night. Can you not save your chucky cheese tickets add to future winnings. Maybe they should get Gaines to save for a big prize and not the sucker that amped her up

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:Yet again more excuses at the end of today's vlog about their ability to do basic adulting. They blame their inability of going to bed at a normal/reasonable hour on having two kids. This couple are in their mid thirties for goodness sake.
"It's 3:00 in the morning". Why are you vlogging with the lights on, instead of trying to sleep then? I thought exactly the same thing! We turned it off as soon as they said that.
Is all pasta "spaghetti" to them? (Yeah, I know I am nitpicking)
I don't understand "rewarding" a child for sleeping through the night. I can understand staying in bed quietly. Am I being obtuse, and that's what they meant? Because actually sleeping through the night isn't something Gaines can control.
I got the impression they were trying to joke about the time being 3:00 am (possibly throwing shade to this thread) and that it was really 10:35 pm when saying they walked_up_the_stairs together. Either way, their excuse is ridonk-ulous(Cullen speak).

Ref rewarding her for sleeping through the night, if that makes them feel like 'good' parents, whatever. Most two and a half year old's have little to zero control over sleeping through the night and have as much mental capacity to connect it to a reward system.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Their comments had more to do with this board talking about their late nights and kids going to bed late. I agree with the others rewarding kids for sleeping through the night seems a bit much. It seemed like it was a chore to get them both to bed?

I sure wouldn't want to lose that afternoon nap time with MG at 2 years old and I still put a toddler to bed by 7:30 p.m with one afternoon nap. But yes, they do get up early or the latest was 7 a.m.

Just curious for long time posters and did CK always comment in their vlogs where you recognize they read this board? Also, nothing on the house sale?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So it wasn't actually 3am? My bad. I guess that's what I get for rolling my eyes and turning it off, lol! I take back the comment then.
Funny if they are actually responding to us here. That's relatively new, isn't it? They have responded to vlog comments in the past, but not really us. I wouldn't think they would let it get to them. Why does the opinion of some random gossip forum snarkers matter? Water off a duck's back, as my mom would say.

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Cullen's dad is gone two years on this date.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... f94aec.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

tratra58 wrote:
Their comments had more to do with this board talking about their late nights and kids going to bed late. I agree with the others rewarding kids for sleeping through the night seems a bit much. It seemed like it was a chore to get them both to bed?

I sure wouldn't want to lose that afternoon nap time with MG at 2 years old and I still put a toddler to bed by 7:30 p.m with one afternoon nap. But yes, they do get up early or the latest was 7 a.m.

Just curious for long time posters and did CK always comment in their vlogs where you recognize they read this board? Also, nothing on the house sale?
No, but this board has never been so judgemental and unpleasant before either. A handful of posters have taken over and made it a nasty place to visit.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:So it wasn't actually 3am? My bad. I guess that's what I get for rolling my eyes and turning it off, lol! I take back the comment then.
Funny if they are actually responding to us here. That's relatively new, isn't it? They have responded to vlog comments in the past, but not really us. I wouldn't think they would let it get to them. Why does the opinion of some random gossip forum snarkers matter? Water off a duck's back, as my mom would say.

They'd be wise to learn that the consistently snarky comments come from about 5 posters and their words speak not so much about C&K, but more about themselves.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”