DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ja14 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
ja14 wrote:Well, actually, there are trips throughout the year with Beachbody, and many decide to stay with people they've never met in person, because built a relationship up prior to that...... But in Bryan and Missy's situation, the trip basically is work for them. You say the last trips weren't profitable, but that doesn't mean they aren't hoping otherwise for this trip. Like you said, this isn't a common profession, so it has to be considered differently.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
(I'm not a coach but i'm also team beachbody Image i lost 35lbs last year in 4 months with 21df and i absolutely love it. Fell off the wagon during the holidays, lack of motivation and some illnesses kept me from getting back on track, but i am week 2 day 2 right now and i'm already down 10lbs this round. I absolutely love beachbody and plan on starting p90 soon.) Anyway... sorta back on topic. Someone should hit Bryan and Missy up to be Beachbody coaches, they could start one hell of a team and could really motivate a lot of people. Idk what the rules are with being a coach, so maybe having a team based off their vlogs isn't kosher though.
That is so awesome!! I started somewhat recently & didn't have much weight to lose (I wanted to get healthier & tone up) but I have multiple friends who have lost 25-50 lbs with Beachbody. (both in real life & online friends, since there's a difference. Lol) I'm starting the 21 day fix again in April!

Thank you!! I lose it super fast the first week or so and then it turns into a lot of hard work. (but even hard work with this program is relatively easy, it's by far the simplest meal plan i've ever used.) Stuffing my face with whatever was put in front of me and sitting on my ass for 5 months and i have the same 35lbs to lose again, and would love to lose between 40-45 lbs total. the muscle gain and toneness i have gotten from this program, even if i'm still overweight (i'm working on it!!lol) is freaking AMAZING!! Even after falling off the wagon i still have muscle tone that i have never had in my life before. Only being back on the program a week my husband and kids have already noticed my arms and legs toning up. 21 day fix is my favorite, but my bff (and coach) has started p90 and wants me to join in. I'm scared :lol: the 3 Week Yoga Retreat is really awesome as well. I did that one a lot when i wasn't following my meal plans over my "break" and i think it helped me keep a little of the muscle i gained.

SORRY TO HIJACK THE THREAD GUYS!! lol
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Playsinrain wrote:
ja14 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: (I'm not a coach but i'm also team beachbody Image i lost 35lbs last year in 4 months with 21df and i absolutely love it. Fell off the wagon during the holidays, lack of motivation and some illnesses kept me from getting back on track, but i am week 2 day 2 right now and i'm already down 10lbs this round. I absolutely love beachbody and plan on starting p90 soon.) Anyway... sorta back on topic. Someone should hit Bryan and Missy up to be Beachbody coaches, they could start one hell of a team and could really motivate a lot of people. Idk what the rules are with being a coach, so maybe having a team based off their vlogs isn't kosher though.
That is so awesome!! I started somewhat recently & didn't have much weight to lose (I wanted to get healthier & tone up) but I have multiple friends who have lost 25-50 lbs with Beachbody. (both in real life & online friends, since there's a difference. Lol) I'm starting the 21 day fix again in April!

Thank you!! I lose it super fast the first week or so and then it turns into a lot of hard work. (but even hard work with this program is relatively easy, it's by far the simplest meal plan i've ever used.) Stuffing my face with whatever was put in front of me and sitting on my ass for 5 months and i have the same 35lbs to lose again, and would love to lose between 40-45 lbs total. the muscle gain and toneness i have gotten from this program, even if i'm still overweight (i'm working on it!!lol) is freaking AMAZING!! Even after falling off the wagon i still have muscle tone that i have never had in my life before. Only being back on the program a week my husband and kids have already noticed my arms and legs toning up. 21 day fix is my favorite, but my bff (and coach) has started p90 and wants me to join in. I'm scared Image the 3 Week Yoga Retreat is really awesome as well. I did that one a lot when i wasn't following my meal plans over my "break" and i think it helped me keep a little of the muscle i gained.

SORRY TO HIJACK THE THREAD GUYS!! lol
I meant to comment on what you said about b&m coaching, but forgot and didnt want to make an additional comment.... 1) they would never do that. Lol. They wouldn't be able to have any other sponsors that could compete with beachbody, I don't think, but it's not like that happens anyways. With their audience, they would make a TON of money though. It would be way to much work for them though.

I have BOD, so I have all the programs. I like the yoga, and I love Shaun T! I've been attempting Insanity Max :30. I like it, but it's hard!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ I wondered about sponsors and all that jazz, what the Beachbody rules and YT rules are. If they put the work into it it would be a profitable choice for them, not to mention helping them out with diet and exercise.
walrusboy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by walrusboy »

Playsinrain wrote:slightly off topic question, i see that the whole CPS thing has come back up (this isn't to snark on the OP who has recanted the statements, i think it's all something we have thought at one point lol) it made me wonder, is lack of educating your child considered abuse? I don't mean keeping them from school or a learning environment (bc most if not all states have attendance laws dont they?) but lack of preparation for school. Is it considered abusive if your preschooler can't count to 5 or doesn't know their colors or shapes? I wouldn't think so, but it's an interesting topic to think about.
I'm a law student (In Canada, though!) and the answer here is that it depends heavily on the investigator and the judge who is assigned to your case. Neglect and abuse laws are sometimes non-specific about what beyond physical/sexual abuse can be considered such, so there are some judges who will say well, you grounded a kid and he didnt have dinner and mandate parenting classes (cases like this are usually enacted when there have been multiple investigations into the family that are inconclusive and this is the only way to get them into the system, OR during custody disputes a parent may try to nit-pick everything that isn't "normal" about their kids to get an upper hand on the other "incapable" parent).

"Educational neglect" usually only comes up in custody cases- we have no truancy laws in my area- kids must be in school between ages 6-14 or in the care of a sober guardian. You can take your kids to the mall every day as long as they are with you/another responsible adult and not same-age peers, there is no consequence- but in a custody dispute a parent may say not sending your kid to school is neglect, easily countered by having a teacher friend visit and sign your child's competency papers and saying they evaluated the child at or above grade level.

As well, there are rarely going to be investigations against a parent for their child being developmentally behind- not knowing how to read or write, count, etc, unless there is other abuse, such as physical or sexual abuse in that home, otherwise, your kid is just "dumb" and its not your fault.

Emotional neglect/abuse will not go by itself in front of a judge in my province- because its difficult to prove and also because it was in some cases being used against parents who are people of color and were more strict/ traditional with their children, and so they made it more fair to everyone by requiring parenting classes and a meeting with a family psychologist rather than a social worker if that was the primary complaint.

If youre really curious- check the laws of your state- they're going to vary greatly and many judges put circumstance above letter of the law. A kid who is blatantly undereducated and unsupervised but is in a safe neighbourhood and has lazy parents will never be removed vs a kid in the same circumstance in a less safe neighbourhood, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Playsinrain wrote:slightly off topic question, i see that the whole CPS thing has come back up (this isn't to snark on the OP who has recanted the statements, i think it's all something we have thought at one point lol) it made me wonder, is lack of educating your child considered abuse? I don't mean keeping them from school or a learning environment (bc most if not all states have attendance laws dont they?) but lack of preparation for school. Is it considered abusive if your preschooler can't count to 5 or doesn't know their colors or shapes? I wouldn't think so, but it's an interesting topic to think about.
I believe you at least used to be able to call in if a child wasn't properly educated. I'm not sure if not teaching/preparing your children before school would count. I certainly wouldn't consider it abusive, personally. Maybe a little neglectful, and definitely potentially harmful and just plain inconsiderate.

Coming from someone whose education was a bit failed, I don't want that for Ollie. If they don't honestly teach this kid soon, he's going to have pretty bad self esteem because he'll think he isn't smart. Not to mention, life is hard to get into with a bad education...if their laziness rubs off on him, the poor kid will never have a chance to be somebody beyond that ~toddler~ who was famous on Youtube twenty years ago.

I'm very thankful they are sending him to school, even if it's unfortunate that he's going to be behind. Home schooling him would be a disaster. You know they would get super into it and have a classroom and everything...for about a month. Then would come the, "oh, we needed to rest today" or "Ollie wasn't into it today", before they would quit altogether.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

walrusboy wrote:
I'm a law student (In Canada, though!) and the answer here is that it depends heavily on the investigator and the judge who is assigned to your case. Neglect and abuse laws are sometimes non-specific about what beyond physical/sexual abuse can be considered such, so there are some judges who will say well, you grounded a kid and he didnt have dinner and mandate parenting classes (cases like this are usually enacted when there have been multiple investigations into the family that are inconclusive and this is the only way to get them into the system, OR during custody disputes a parent may try to nit-pick everything that isn't "normal" about their kids to get an upper hand on the other "incapable" parent).

"Educational neglect" usually only comes up in custody cases- we have no truancy laws in my area- kids must be in school between ages 6-14 or in the care of a sober guardian. You can take your kids to the mall every day as long as they are with you/another responsible adult and not same-age peers, there is no consequence- but in a custody dispute a parent may say not sending your kid to school is neglect, easily countered by having a teacher friend visit and sign your child's competency papers and saying they evaluated the child at or above grade level.

As well, there are rarely going to be investigations against a parent for their child being developmentally behind- not knowing how to read or write, count, etc, unless there is other abuse, such as physical or sexual abuse in that home, otherwise, your kid is just "dumb" and its not your fault.

Emotional neglect/abuse will not go by itself in front of a judge in my province- because its difficult to prove and also because it was in some cases being used against parents who are people of color and were more strict/ traditional with their children, and so they made it more fair to everyone by requiring parenting classes and a meeting with a family psychologist rather than a social worker if that was the primary complaint.

If youre really curious- check the laws of your state- they're going to vary greatly and many judges put circumstance above letter of the law. A kid who is blatantly undereducated and unsupervised but is in a safe neighbourhood and has lazy parents will never be removed vs a kid in the same circumstance in a less safe neighbourhood, for example.

I thought about this after i posted the post. I also agree that your child just not being educated isn't going to cause CPS to get involved, unless there are other signs of abuse or neglect. I've seen it all too many times before, seeing people that i graduated who have below avg IQ, who go on to marry someone with below avg IQ and produce offspring with below avg IQ. Being "stupid" isnt a crime in itself, but if thats just part of a bigger abuse or neglect picture, then it will be an issue.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tintin15 wrote:
I believe you at least used to be able to call in if a child wasn't properly educated. I'm not sure if not teaching/preparing your children before school would count. I certainly wouldn't consider it abusive, personally. Maybe a little neglectful, and definitely potentially harmful and just plain inconsiderate.

Coming from someone whose education was a bit failed, I don't want that for Ollie. If they don't honestly teach this kid soon, he's going to have pretty bad self esteem because he'll think he isn't smart. Not to mention, life is hard to get into with a bad education...if their laziness rubs off on him, the poor kid will never have a chance to be somebody beyond that ~toddler~ who was famous on Youtube twenty years ago.

I'm very thankful they are sending him to school, even if it's unfortunate that he's going to be behind. Home schooling him would be a disaster. You know they would get super into it and have a classroom and everything...for about a month. Then would come the, "oh, we needed to rest today" or "Ollie wasn't into it today", before they would quit altogether.
I'm really worried about how his schooling will go down. Everyone here knows what a shitshow Ollie will be at school at first. (I hate saying that about a child, but we allllll know his behavior is not conductive to classroom learning and discipline) And it's likely that he will flourish at school after a few bumps, but i really hope he takes to it well and doesn't take long to catch on. After one or two days of him saying he doesnt want to go Missy will have him in a different school or will give up all together and homeschool. if that happens (god forbid) i hope they throw a few thousand dollars at a private teacher/tutor, bc Missy and Bryan are incapable of teaching those kids anything productive.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Big eff you to us in the vlog today, look Ollie does know his shapes, through many many cuts and him acting like a TOTAL BRAT during that whole segment. Scattering the cards around, screaming, grabbing Mimi's shirt and nearly ripping it off her to WIPE HIS NOSE??? You tried Missy, but you failed. You tried to show us that Ollie knew these things but all you proved was how horrible your child acts. Ollie is hell on wheels.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh the trip is "back on..." i feel like they are lying. Whatever that trip was is still nixed and they are making up for it with a disney/ beach house with C&K trip.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Triple post sorry.. but whoaaaaa Jimmy is looking pretty damn fit these days..
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

amyfalafal wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
amyfalafal wrote: I wonder if anyone who works for Child Protective Services (spelling?) has watched their vlogs. There is plenty of evidence of parental negligence that can be used against them. Not to be a debbie downer but... I hope CPS comes knocking soon so these boys can have a normal childhood.
That is a very extreme. They do nothing to their children that would warrant cps. There are plenty of kids that are really getting abused that need to be investigated. The bumps attend to all their children's needs, yes they do spoil them and they are stubborn but not neglect.

You're right. I didnt mean it in an extreme way. I wish I can recant that statement. What I mean was, I just wonder if they watch it. There are simple things to give their children a good start before school. Educational toys, little life lessons/discipline.

They do only show us a small portion of their life. As Missy reminds us. And because of that small portion of their life, a group like ytmd was created to talk smack about them. Well, most of the time it's negative talk about the negative parenting techniques they're using or how they're living their privileged life. They have this incredible income that they're not using to assist in their children's nutrition, development, or education (yet? or none that we know of)...

Again, we only see 15 minutes of their "show" so I recant what I said. It was a bit extreme. apologies in advance. No sarcasm in my apology.

If you want to see extreme negligence go to the Tayler Tragedy thread Image

Sevan116
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sevan116 »

I will be utterly shocked if they make this into a DBEJCK thing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Sevan116 wrote:I will be utterly shocked if they make this into a DBEJCK thing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
There's noooo way Ellie will be going. I'd be flabbergasted!!!

Someone mentioned Ollie having a low self-esteem in the future for being behind or whatever. Nah, they are raising this child to have an inflated self-esteem and self-worth. It'd be more likely he will act out in other ways. However, I do think Ollie will be able to catch on and be on par with other kiddos in preschool.

907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

The next few days will be interesting. Part of me thinks it will be an event for DBEJCK... but the other part is like.... ehhh I don't think so.
I think the group of friends DB is referring to will be the Johnsons.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ellie likely won't be going. She avoids airline travel this close to conventions so it doesn't look bad when she says she can't go because the kids need to stay home.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Did Ellie tell missy how super fun seek A boo is?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

The only thing that makes me think Ellie would go is because she was talking about all the things she wanted to do before getting pregnant and Disney could be one of those. But I'm not so sure they were even invited.

walrusboy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by walrusboy »

I don't want to quote up a lot of the text heavy posts above, but I don't think Ollie will ever go to "real" school. They're making a big deal out of having to get all his shots in order "for school" and also the past few vlogs pointing out that they do a lot of educational things at home with him to get him ready, but I would be very surprised if he isn't just going to their church's preschool (probably not even full-week).

and then when he is turning five, missy will read an article about how kids who are six in kindergarten thrive better or something and use that as an excuse to keep him home and "try" homeschooling for that year because he's young and so it doesn't matter yet, which will be a disaster if today's vlog is any indication.

Then, she'll say it wasn't "the right thing" for their family and school-shop until they find a probably unaccredited private school that won't hold him back a year or more and all will be "well" and fine.

In the event he does go to a "real" preschool/school, I suspect Ollie will be getting "sick" a lot like his old buddy Caspian from Slyfox when he figures out that there are rules at his school and he's not the best thing ever. Or if he doesn't, Missy and Bryan will probably hate the chore of taking him and say he's sick to avoid it.

But after today's vlog I can't imagine any school that would consider him ready no matter what amount of money the parents were paying. Not correcting your child when they're wrong, supplying them the right answer and praising them for being "so smart" isn't educational at all, Missy. Neither is acting more like Ollie's older sister than his mother and letting them try to teach him what a square is while you film and watch.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

This is pedantic, but it is mildly irritating that they called a rhombus a diamond. Equal sides = rhombus. A diamond has two short sides and two long sides.

Then again, I highly doubt anyone in that family (other than Jimmy) has ever even heard the word rhombus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Do we know for sure that they're going to see Katie and Cullen? I know they're at the beach with her sister and family. Can't imagine Katie having to just hang out with princess mithy alone again.
They keep saying that this trip is goi g to be so long.

Hated that they were trying to do that same game that Jackson does. Ollie just doesn't want to stay still for anything does he?
Enough with the Dino eggs already.

Return to “Daily Bumps”