DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

janem wrote:Do we know for sure that they're going to see Katie and Cullen? I know they're at the beach with her sister and family. Can't imagine Katie having to just hang out with princess mithy alone again.
They keep saying that this trip is goi g to be so long.

Hated that they were trying to do that same game that Jackson does. Ollie just doesn't want to stay still for anything does he?
Enough with the Dino eggs already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are they staying in Florida through Playlist? They're listed on the Playlist website, and I am still gobsmacked that they are going to Orlando now, when Playlist is May 2-5. It's ridiculous, even for them!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tml43
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tml43 »

walrusboy wrote:I don't want to quote up a lot of the text heavy posts above, but I don't think Ollie will ever go to "real" school. They're making a big deal out of having to get all his shots in order "for school" and also the past few vlogs pointing out that they do a lot of educational things at home with him to get him ready, but I would be very surprised if he isn't just going to their church's preschool (probably not even full-week).

and then when he is turning five, missy will read an article about how kids who are six in kindergarten thrive better or something and use that as an excuse to keep him home and "try" homeschooling for that year because he's young and so it doesn't matter yet, which will be a disaster if today's vlog is any indication.

Well, to be fair, this is true. Children in kindergarten are learning things that we did in first grade. It's very developmentally inappropriate for the majority of kids. I plan to do delayed kindergarten with mine, and highly recommend it to people who ask me about it. Especially those children who barely have turned 5 before Kindergarten starts. They are not ready for it, based on how the curriculum is set up today.

That being said, he 100% needs a pre-school program before he heads there.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

"I have so much to do that I didn't know what to do...so I worked on Legos." Sure Missy, you live in the real world

More cramming for preschool, I see I think Ollie is going to be expected to learn 3.5 years worth of counting, colors, shapes, and various life skills in a week. Gotta catch up!

Don't you have the going to school or working to have a spring break? What do they think they're taking a break from?!? Lego assembly and watching their pool go in?

tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

lmmomSD wrote:
janem wrote:Do we know for sure that they're going to see Katie and Cullen? I know they're at the beach with her sister and family. Can't imagine Katie having to just hang out with princess mithy alone again.

Hated that they were trying to do that same game that Jackson does. Ollie just doesn't want to stay still for anything does he?

Are they staying in Florida through Playlist? They're listed on the Playlist website, and I am still gobsmacked that they are going to Orlando now, when Playlist is May 2-5. It's ridiculous, even for them!

I think no way do they stay that long. I bet they stay until not this upcoming weekend, but the following one. They did say they were going for "awhile". Based on flights out of LAX, and when Bryan tweeted, it looks like they are likely flying to Orlando. Perhaps they plan to go over to Katie/Cullen next week?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If they do plan to see C&K, that would actually be a more likely explanation for the sudden school prep. They can't have Ollie look that far behind MG!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I wish she'd pack non Christmas onesies for Finn, going to be April soon. I'm so sick of seeing that green and white sleeper... I know he has other clothes

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tml43 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I think no way do they stay that long. I bet they stay until not this upcoming weekend, but the following one. They did say they were going for "awhile". Based on flights out of LAX, and when Bryan tweeted, it looks like they are likely flying to Orlando. Perhaps they plan to go over to Katie/Cullen next week?
But it's still ridiculous. Playlist is _in_ Orlando. In 5 weeks. Does nobody else find this insane? Or are we all just numb to their antics?
#lanninglogic

907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

The next few days will be interesting. Part of me thinks it will be an event for DBEJCK... but the other part is like.... ehhh I don't think so.
I think the group of friends DB is referring to will be the Johnsons.

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Where is Finns magic band?

Makennnzie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Makennnzie »

Romeoxsavexme wrote:Where is Finns magic band?

Children 2 and under don't need one.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Makennnzie wrote:
Romeoxsavexme wrote:Where is Finns magic band?

Children 2 and under don't need one.
Thanks! I wasn't sure. I've never been to WDW.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Orlando is also REALLY far from C & K's beach house. I am guessing the friends talk is just Carl and jingers family

dassit25
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dassit25 »

lmmomSD wrote:I can see some big jock in a letter jacket cornering him in the boys bathroom, saying "Byeee Boop!", and poking at him... Thanks dad, for setting me up to be "mercifully bullied" just like you!

"Thumbs Up this beating. Hit Like in the belly button below."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

dassit25 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I can see some big jock in a letter jacket cornering him in the boys bathroom, saying "Byeee Boop!", and poking at him... Thanks dad, for setting me up to be "mercifully bullied" just like you!

"Thumbs Up this beating. Hit Like in the belly button below."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I really don't think he'll be bullied. He's "famous". His peer group are their largest viewing demographic. And you see how the minions kiss ass. For a lot of these kids, it'll be like going to school with a movie star.

There might be a few bullies, but honestly, I think they'll have to worry more about people only being friends with him for the notoriety.
:roll:
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Playsinrain wrote:slightly off topic question, i see that the whole CPS thing has come back up (this isn't to snark on the OP who has recanted the statements, i think it's all something we have thought at one point lol) it made me wonder, is lack of educating your child considered abuse? I don't mean keeping them from school or a learning environment (bc most if not all states have attendance laws dont they?) but lack of preparation for school. Is it considered abusive if your preschooler can't count to 5 or doesn't know their colors or shapes? I wouldn't think so, but it's an interesting topic to think about.
When my kids were small, they had to go to Child Find before kindergarten They were evaluated by the State. We ended up sending our kids to Catholic schools so there was never any other State test. I believe only the most severe kids were put into any special ed programs.
I taught a prefirst class. Which was designed for kids who did not pass Kindergarten. Ollie is ahead of them.
I believe Ollie is smart and compensates for the lack of guidance he gets from his parents. I disagree with the idea he will be a mess at school. I think he will love school. He just needs someone who will treat him like a three year old boy not the golden goose.

sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

lmmomSD wrote: But you have friends that aren't work related or on your payroll, right? That's the point with these guys. Everyone in their lives is either related, on their payroll, both, or is another YouTuber. Everyone at their parties is another YouTuber or family. They have no friends except for Corbin and Kelsey, who are also using them for views.

And to whomever asked if B&M have a backup plan or skills to fall back on in case YouTube tanks, nope. They have said it is going to just "get bigger and bigger", and that they will "always be vlogging". They seem to think the gravy train is going to ride forever. Hence the money hemorrhaging. They can always make more! They have no real skills.

Some people aren't really that social. When I was a kid, my parents ran a business together from home and had literally zero friends in any of the cities we ever lived in. They had a couple of work friends from other parts of the country (whose kids I then became friends with), and once every couple of years we'd see one of my mom's two old high school friends. Other than that we hung out with my dad's parents frequently. So basically just like B&M. My parents preferred spending time with each other, and that way of living is just a lot more suited to their personalities. Now my husband and I are exactly the same way, except that he works out of the house. We're not even friends with any of his co-workers.

Sorry to go on too much about it, or bug anyone or anything like that- I'm just saying it's not as bizarre and uncommon as you might think. People don't all socialize or live the same way.
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

sb613 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: But you have friends that aren't work related or on your payroll, right? That's the point with these guys. Everyone in their lives is either related, on their payroll, both, or is another YouTuber. Everyone at their parties is another YouTuber or family. They have no friends except for Corbin and Kelsey, who are also using them for views.

And to whomever asked if B&M have a backup plan or skills to fall back on in case YouTube tanks, nope. They have said it is going to just "get bigger and bigger", and that they will "always be vlogging". They seem to think the gravy train is going to ride forever. Hence the money hemorrhaging. They can always make more! They have no real skills.

Some people aren't really that social. When I was a kid, my parents ran a business together from home and had literally zero friends in any of the cities we ever lived in. They had a couple of work friends from other parts of the country (whose kids I then became friends with), and once every couple of years we'd see one of my mom's two old high school friends. Other than that we hung out with my dad's parents frequently. So basically just like B&M. My parents preferred spending time with each other, and that way of living is just a lot more suited to their personalities. Now my husband and I are exactly the same way, except that he works out of the house. We're not even friends with any of his co-workers.

Sorry to go on too much about it, or bug anyone or anything like that- I'm just saying it's not as bizarre and uncommon as you might think. People don't all socialize or live the same way.
That's me. I have some mommy friends but we don't hang out except at the bus stop. And I have a best friend that I see maybe once or twice a year since she's busy working all the time and lives 3 hours away.

I'm a stay at home mom. Yes, I need me time every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
sb613 wrote:

That's me. I have some mommy friends but we don't hang out except at the bus stop. And I have a best friend that I see maybe once or twice a year since she's busy working all the time and lives 3 hours away.

Your bus stop friends . . . Were they friends prior to having kids? I'm intrigued by the thought otherwise.

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
PosyGirl72 wrote:
sb613 wrote: Some people aren't really that social. When I was a kid, my parents ran a business together from home and had literally zero friends in any of the cities we ever lived in. They had a couple of work friends from other parts of the country (whose kids I then became friends with), and once every couple of years we'd see one of my mom's two old high school friends. Other than that we hung out with my dad's parents frequently. So basically just like B&M. My parents preferred spending time with each other, and that way of living is just a lot more suited to their personalities. Now my husband and I are exactly the same way, except that he works out of the house. We're not even friends with any of his co-workers.

Your bus stop friends . . . Were they friends prior to having kids? I'm intrigued by the thought otherwise.

Nope. Met them once my oldest started school.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

^^^^ so do you text with them? Meet them for lunch? Or your own interaction is at the bus stop?

I'm trying to picture it.

Return to “Daily Bumps”