DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think it's really nice to say that Ollie won't get picked on in school, but lets face it, if he goes to private school (like his cousins) he likely won't be going to school with a lot of the kids that know and worship him. Judging by the comments I've read, a lot of these fans idolize the Lannings because their home life isn't so great. From my experience, you don't go to the effort and expense of putting your child in private school unless you are very involved in their lives. Most of these parents probably have a better idea of what their children are watching, or the kids are smart enough to be able to see the questionable aspects of Lannings lifestyle. I know I have a 9 year old who only needed to watch one vlog before he was rolling his eyes at their absurdity. If anything, among private school peers Ollie himself might one of the more ignored children, and therefore more likely to actually be the bully. We've seen signs of insecurity in Bryan, and a tendency to bully and mock to build himself up, so I would be very surprised if B&M taught Ollie to be nice and treat everyone equally. Plus lets be real here, it isn't good enough to say he's meeting the minimum standard (which is debatable), in a classroom of private school peers it is very likely he will seem severely behind. This is going to have an impact on how he sees himself. Even if it doesn't, B&M should be ashamed of themselves for even chancing it and for not putting in more of an effort given that they have the time.
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:^^^^ so do you text with them? Meet them for lunch? Or your own interaction is at the bus stop?

I'm trying to picture it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We comment on fb every now and then and talk at the bus stop. But for physically hanging out in person,not really.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:^^^^ so do you text with them? Meet them for lunch? Or your own interaction is at the bus stop?

We comment on fb every now and then and talk at the bus stop. But for physically hanging out in person,not really.

Got it! This had nothing to do with DB, I was just curious. :) that makes sense to me.

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

pic.png
As usual Finn is no where to be seen for the longest time - I wonder sometimes if Missy just leaves him in the dark room and go in to get him when it's convenient for her! All the cuts between Ollie saying what the shapes are - news flash for Missy - there is no editing in School and there won't be a camera following your kid either, so you better get him a major dose of reality pronto! The stupid dinosaur eggs are so overdone....along with Missy's fake laugh :?

Wow Missy's siblings are so creative and smart....what the hell happened to Missy? I mean they both think outside the box and come up with fun and exciting things to do with the kids, while Missy invests her time in playing with her phone or legos. The kids are more focused on once Mimi and Papa are around, otherwise they are always shoved in the playroom with a movie on. In a way it's nice that they take the time to do exciting things with the little lannings.
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
PosyGirl72 wrote:

Got it! This had nothing to do with DB, I was just curious. :) that makes sense to me.

Haha no problem. I'm a pretty introverted person so going out doesn't really appeal to me lol.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

PosyGirl72 wrote: That's me. I have some mommy friends but we don't hang out except at the bus stop. And I have a best friend that I see maybe once or twice a year since she's busy working all the time and lives 3 hours away.

I'm a stay at home mom. Yes, I need me time every now and then.

Its safe to say that most of us here are fairly introverted, and a lot of us are stay at home moms. I've made some other self-described introverted friends on these boards, and although we chat all day everyday, we aren't planning vacations with one another because... introverted! That's the thing, if you're the keep to yourself type, that usually transfers into most aspects of your life. What B&M do would be the equivalent of you deciding to plan a one week family holiday with all the bus stop parents. I mean, do we really think Missy enjoys these trips? If she doesn't enjoy them, why book them if it isn't a business decision?

That's all I was saying. If you can identify with Missy then that's fine, but I think what you're describing is very different. I'm an introverted stay at home mom. I live blocks away from my family, and we are super close. I still look at Bryan, Missy and the Hollisters and see a cult "keep to ourselves" mentality. They only mix with others when it benefits them in some way. It's business, not pleasure.
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
PosyGirl72 wrote: That's me. I have some mommy friends but we don't hang out except at the bus stop. And I have a best friend that I see maybe once or twice a year since she's busy working all the time and lives 3 hours away.

I'm a stay at home mom. Yes, I need me time every now and then.

Its safe to say that most of us here are fairly introverted, and a lot of us are stay at home moms. I've made some other self-described introverted friends on these boards, and although we chat all day everyday, we aren't planning vacations with one another because... introverted! That's the thing, if you're the keep to yourself type, that usually transfers into most aspects of your life. What B&M do would be the equivalent of you deciding to plan a one week family holiday with all the bus stop parents. I mean, do we really think Missy enjoys these trips? If she doesn't enjoy them, why book them if it isn't a business decision?

That's all I was saying. If you can identify with Missy then that's fine, but I think what you're describing is very different. I'm an introverted stay at home mom. I live blocks away from my family, and we are super close. I still look at Bryan, Missy and the Hollisters and see a cult "keep to ourselves" mentality. They only mix with others when it benefits them in some way. It's business, not pleasure.
Yeah, I get that. And no, I don't Missy likes the trips.

Also, in my case, I'm a military spouse so I'm away from family. Lol.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

brownprincess93 wrote:
pic.png
As usual Finn is no where to be seen for the longest time - I wonder sometimes if Missy just leaves him in the dark room and go in to get him when it's convenient for her! All the cuts between Ollie saying what the shapes are - news flash for Missy - there is no editing in School and there won't be a camera following your kid either, so you better get him a major dose of reality pronto! The stupid dinosaur eggs are so overdone....along with Missy's fake laugh :?

Wow Missy's siblings are so creative and smart....what the hell happened to Missy? I mean they both think outside the box and come up with fun and exciting things to do with the kids, while Missy invests her time in playing with her phone or legos. The kids are more focused on once Mimi and Papa are around, otherwise they are always shoved in the playroom with a movie on. In a way it's nice that they take the time to do exciting things with the little lannings.
Honestly? I think Missy was the golden child, praised for doing absolutely ANYTHING (Christmas letter anyone?), so she was never really motivated to do anything extraordinary. Since Missy was always getting attention, Jimmy and Cassie most likely felt they had to actually work for it, and they did. They have both focused on their education, and have life goals that extend much farther than buy a home with their parents, get married and have babies. Missy only ever planned to be a baby maker. She's done that and now she's supposed to be praised repeatedly for it, just as she's always been praised for just being her.

We are probably seeing history repeat itself with Ollie and Finn.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

My aunt is a kindergarten teacher. She gets children who know just about nothing. She always has a few kids who don't even speak English. She says they usually catch up though. So considering Ollie knows something, I'm not that concerned about his readiness at this point. Will he be advanced? No. But I think he will be fine. ... I also think Missy will work with him once a teacher tells her what to do with him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sb613 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: But you have friends that aren't work related or on your payroll, right? That's the point with these guys. Everyone in their lives is either related, on their payroll, both, or is another YouTuber. Everyone at their parties is another YouTuber or family. They have no friends except for Corbin and Kelsey, who are also using them for views.

And to whomever asked if B&M have a backup plan or skills to fall back on in case YouTube tanks, nope. They have said it is going to just "get bigger and bigger", and that they will "always be vlogging". They seem to think the gravy train is going to ride forever. Hence the money hemorrhaging. They can always make more! They have no real skills.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Some people aren't really that social. When I was a kid, my parents ran a business together from home and had literally zero friends in any of the cities we ever lived in. They had a couple of work friends from other parts of the country (whose kids I then became friends with), and once every couple of years we'd see one of my mom's two old high school friends. Other than that we hung out with my dad's parents frequently. So basically just like B&M. My parents preferred spending time with each other, and that way of living is just a lot more suited to their personalities. Now my husband and I are exactly the same way, except that he works out of the house. We're not even friends with any of his co-workers.

Sorry to go on too much about it, or bug anyone or anything like that- I'm just saying it's not as bizarre and uncommon as you might think. People don't all socialize or live the same way.
I get that. I'm a homebody. I have lots of friends, and if I need them, or they need me, we're there, but we don't socialize a lot. But the Lumps want to project this image of being popular and having lots of friends and being #squadgoals. Look at their social media. All the "Friends" references when they post on Instagram belie any homebody "we're happy to be at home with just ourselves" way of life. They throw big parties. Who comes? People on their payroll and other YouTubers. No _real_ friends who have nothing to gain. Do you post pictures of yourself and your friends with #squadgoals? Comparing ourselves to them isn't accurate because their life is so abnormal. They say they post their "honest, day to day life" but it's not. What normal family flies to Orlando for a vacation when they are going back again in 5 weeks?
Maybe they only do it because it is part of that aspirational "fun all the time" lifestyle that the minions covet. But that's sad too, if they'd rather just hang out with each other. Which honestly, I believe to be the case with Missy. She would be perfectly happy just to be with her family and never deal with viewers or anyone else.
I think I am up to the three post limit for harping on something, so I will leave the "Lannings friendship abnormalities" for someone else to argue now.
I just think that saying their relationships aren't weird because some of us are homebodies is missing the point. They definitely don't want to be seen as homebodies! They want to be seen as popular, hopefully by the people who were in high school with them, and definitely by their minions.
Oops, I said I would shut up. Posting now before I go off on another tangent.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

As a stay at home mom I know "just fine" is what I've always hoped to achieve for with my child

/sarcasm

Its shameful for a child with two stay at home parents to need any kind of catching up. If Missy is as Narcissistic as I think she is, she isn't going to work with the teacher at all. She's going to pull him out of school at the first mention of him needing to work on something. Missy always knows more than professionals (doctors, midwives, swim teachers, etc), why would education be any different?
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:As a stay at home mom I know "just fine" is what I've always hoped to achieve for with my child Image

/sarcasm

Its shameful for a child with two stay at home parents to need any kind of catching up. If Missy is as Narcissistic as I think she is, she isn't going to work with the teacher at all. She's going to pull him out of school at the first mention of him needing to work on something. Missy always knows more than professionals (doctors, midwives, swim teachers, etc), why would education be any different?
Hitting the nail on the head, as always.

Whenever someone says something Missy doesn't like, she pulls back and shuts down (remember the yoga class?!)

I'll bet this is what happens when she fights with Bryan, too. Made me think of the video on Missy's channel they recently did together - they knew an awful lot about correct methods of communication in relationships and terminology for people with a solid relationship. Good for them for getting help though.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Lol well it's not ideal, but not child abuse either. I don't see her attempting to home school at all. At that time, she's going to have another child and I think she knows she wouldn't be able to handle that. Especially if new baby is a girl.

elifino1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by elifino1 »

Ugh, I like Carl and ginger. Why do they have to go with daily bumps?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

ja14 wrote:My aunt is a kindergarten teacher. She gets children who know just about nothing. She always has a few kids who don't even speak English. She says they usually catch up though. So considering Ollie knows something, I'm not that concerned about his readiness at this point. Will he be advanced? No. But I think he will be fine. ... I also think Missy will work with him once a teacher tells her what to do with him.

This. Knowing the alphabet and counting to 10 isn't a prerequisite for kindergarten. At least not around me. I didn't know any of that going into kindergarten, and neither did a lot of my classmates. We learned it there. I also didn't go to preschool and neither will my son.

With that said, my kid is 3.5 and can count to 20, knows all his ABC's (upper and lower case), and all his primary colors. It's just something he's always been interested in.

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

elifino1 wrote:Ugh, I like Carl and ginger. Why do they have to go with daily bumps?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Because according to Bryan they are "friends" - he literally calls anyone his friend who is willing to be in the vlogs or vacation with them!
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:It annoys the shit out of me how they treat Finn. Why put him to bed and then have dinner and celebrate? That would have never happened with Ollie, even when he was that age. If you can only give one child special attention/treatment, maybe you should only have one kid. I hope that poor Finn makes it out without too much psychological damage.

Finn would've had more special attention than he could handle if he had've been Missy's little girl. She resents him being a boy, and that she didn't get her magically birth that she wanted. With Ollie, all is forgiven and he is the wonder kin because she "saved his life"

JM16Canada
Talker
Talker

Unread post by JM16Canada »

Bryan in today's vlog - "It will be nice to experience some warm weather" .. like wtf?
Also, Olivers "airplane outfit" is ugly as hell and so are those sandals they had on Finn.
How many different shoes does Ollie have? He wears a different pair almost every day, and he got every style of the Toy Story vans for Christmas.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

That outfit was hideous
Using public restrooms in a onesie from here to there -gross

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

Unread post by emilynicole1435 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
brownprincess93 wrote:
pic.png

Honestly? I think Missy was the golden child, praised for doing absolutely ANYTHING (Christmas letter anyone?), so she was never really motivated to do anything extraordinary. Since Missy was always getting attention, Jimmy and Cassie most likely felt they had to actually work for it, and they did. They have both focused on their education, and have life goals that extend much farther than buy a home with their parents, get married and have babies. Missy only ever planned to be a baby maker. She's done that and now she's supposed to be praised repeatedly for it, just as she's always been praised for just being her.

We are probably seeing history repeat itself with Ollie and Finn.
What's the Christmas letter story?

Return to “Daily Bumps”