Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by lmmomSD »

In her head, she's thinking "Well, bless your heart".
Katie is way too well brought up to say what I would be thinking were I forced to stay in a house with B&M and E&J. And I totally agree that Ellie doesn't bug her in a real jealousy way, but like Boredom said-- a gnat. That's a perfect description!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Baconsgirl wrote:
sataninwonderland wrote:Maybe I'm nitpicking but Cullen posted a pic on Twitter of Gaines' behind in a swimsuit saying "That cute little mermaid tail tho." It's not the type of pic I would ever post of my child. Idk tho maybe it's a little nitpicky
I totally agree. Gaines is going to kill her dad in the next 10 years for tons of videos/pictures that could by embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the most part, they're pretty good at not posting anything "embarrassing." But there are personal things like potty training, for example, that shouldn't have been shared so publicly. I can also see how the potty training vids could've potentially helped parents. Other than that, I think their videos aren't super embarrassing imo, compared to so many other vloggers
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think the butt shot is pretty inappropriate, and I think she's not going to be happy about the crying thumbnails when she's older. And they're doing that more often lately. I wouldn't have wanted pictures of toddler me melting down on the internet for all the world to see when I was in my teens. I wouldn't want them now. The internet is forever.

sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

lmmomSD wrote:I think the butt shot is pretty inappropriate, and I think she's not going to be happy about the crying thumbnails when she's older. And they're doing that more often lately. I wouldn't have wanted pictures of toddler me melting down on the internet for all the world to see when I was in my teens. I wouldn't want them now. The internet is forever.

Yes but every toddler has meltdowns. It's such a common thing and nothing to be embarrassed about
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

sataninwonderland wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think the butt shot is pretty inappropriate, and I think she's not going to be happy about the crying thumbnails when she's older. And they're doing that more often lately. I wouldn't have wanted pictures of toddler me melting down on the internet for all the world to see when I was in my teens. I wouldn't want them now. The internet is forever.

Yes but every toddler has meltdowns. It's such a common thing and nothing to be embarrassed about
I think there is a lack of a filter with most of the YouTubers and the more they upload/IG/Tweet it gets weaker. Part of it is just they are editing so much content it doesn't register that oh, wait, this is out there for all to see.
The other part is income and what they can earn.

My other thoughts is being a YouTuber you also see a lack of maturity. I guess it comes from trying to gain attention from younger viewers. But the goofy high school nature of Cullen would get old, Jared is odd and Joel is not the same as the blue collar worker. I look back at this twenty or thirty something age group where most of adults are in the world advancing their careers and instead one is posting images of their child's rear, others are napping or think nothing of the vlog with Jared and Lincoln. And all of them are complaining about being busy or YT can be difficult which I see is a lack of a structure day that can promote procrastination or being nonproductive. These kids are paying a price being part of their parent's occupation, but this is hard to measure and the future may hold this answer.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by freshbalsam »

100%. He could've just put that picture in a photo album and called it a day.
Personal: the other day, my mom stopped by to give me a flash drive of home videos from when I was 3-5. I watched them and there were some where I was whinny and crying and some of me in the bath, etc.. I thought how cute I was, but I also thought, "so glad no one else can see these". I can't imagine how it is going to feel for these YT children to realize when they're older that their intimate and personal lives are stuck on the internet forever.

ETA: it also makes you really wonder the logical justification any YT parent has for exposing their children. Even in just the sense of "I'm going to record my day and then upload it for the world to see, even though there's scenes of my kid crying, my kid in the bath, my kid without pants on, and so forth."
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

freshbalsam wrote:
100%. He could've just put that picture in a photo album and called it a day.
Personal: the other day, my mom stopped by to give me a flash drive of home videos from when I was 3-5. I watched them and there were some where I was whinny and crying and some of me in the bath, etc.. I thought how cute I was, but I also thought, "so glad no one else can see these". I can't imagine how it is going to feel for these YT children to realize when they're older that their intimate and personal lives are stuck on the internet forever.

ETA: it also makes you really wonder the logical justification any YT parent has for exposing their children. Even in just the sense of "I'm going to record my day and then upload it for the world to see, even though there's scenes of my kid crying, my kid in the bath, my kid without pants on, and so forth."
I think there's a psycho-logical window with some of the bigger bucks/career parent vloggers. Once the money pours in that 'window' the logic pours out.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

There were some super compromising shots of Emmy in the JK vlog yesterday(? the justice haul one). I knew that the booty pic of MG was going to come up here, like it was said before, super cute pic to have, but not for public viewing. But really, the part in JK's vlog today really made me upset. It was bad you guys.. I'll give them a pass bc they are new at this, but i really wish they would take it down and edit it. :(
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Playsinrain wrote:There were some super compromising shots of Emmy in the JK vlog yesterday(? the justice haul one). I knew that the booty pic of MG was going to come up here, like it was said before, super cute pic to have, but not for public viewing. But really, the part in JK's vlog today really made me upset. It was bad you guys.. I'll give them a pass bc they are new at this, but i really wish they would take it down and edit it. :(
What was the time stamp on it? I quickly scrolled through showing the previews at the bottom and didn't find anything terrible, unless I skipped it.

As for the MG's behind picture, it wouldn't have been so bad if some of her butt cheek wasn't exposed but it was... and lots of pedo's out there.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:There were some super compromising shots of Emmy in the JK vlog yesterday(? the justice haul one). I knew that the booty pic of MG was going to come up here, like it was said before, super cute pic to have, but not for public viewing. But really, the part in JK's vlog today really made me upset. It was bad you guys.. I'll give them a pass bc they are new at this, but i really wish they would take it down and edit it. :(
What was the time stamp on it? I quickly scrolled through showing the previews at the bottom and didn't find anything terrible, unless I skipped it.

As for the MG's behind picture, it wouldn't have been so bad if some of her butt cheek wasn't exposed but it was... and lots of pedo's out there.
Right around the 3min mark. Shes playing with legos, spread eagle in the floor in her bathing suit. Kelly just needed to keep the camera above her waist and it would have been a lot better.
bffb3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by bffb3 »

The amount of clips focused on the girls' bodies in the last couple of vlogs is worrying. Was it necessary to keep showing Emmy and Maddie twirling in their bikinis? I get that they are new on YT, but even the most naive parent should know that the internet is full of creeps.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

bffb3 wrote:
The amount of clips focused on the girls' bodies in the last couple of vlogs is worrying. Was it necessary to keep showing Emmy and Maddie twirling in their bikinis? I get that they are new on YT, but even the most naive parent should know that the internet is full of creeps.
I haven't warmed up to them yet, they still seem so awkward on camera so honestly i haven't watched them at all this week. My daughter is Madeline's age and she wanted me to see the swimsuit she got for her birthday (she wants one, its cute lol). But i did get that vibe off this one video. Until you said this, i just assumed that she was just showing her birthday haul and didn't think much of it, but i don't like the idea that they just KEPT showing it. I get that they are at the beach and we will see the girls in swimsuits, i'm totally ok with that. But if they are just filling vlogs with the girls modeling bikinis over and over there is an issue.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:

Right around the 3min mark. Shes playing with legos, spread eagle in the floor in her bathing suit. Kelly just needed to keep the camera above her waist and it would have been a lot better.
Oh wow, yeah... um.. not appropriate at all! You can definitely see past the small strip of clothing :\
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:

Oh wow, yeah... um.. not appropriate at all! You can definitely see past the small strip of clothing :\
Exactly... and i'm sure that it's just something that kelly overlooked while editing, but it's not ok...
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I really love the music Cullen uses for drone footage. I lol'd at Katie getting peed on... she couldn't walk Gaines to the ocean to pee before she fell asleep? C'mon now.
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sataninwonderland wrote:

But not every toddler has their meltdowns recorded and uploaded to the internet for the "entertainment" of thousands of people. It's not her choice to have these images uploaded, and it's definitely not her choice to be taught to say whatever catchphrase is circulating like a performing monkey.
I think it's going to be interesting and possibly sad to see what happens to these kids when they're older. Especially kids like Ollie who have people using his picture as avatars and fan pages, and who act like he's a little star just because he exists and his parents upload videos of him.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:I really love the music Cullen uses for drone footage. I lol'd at Katie getting peed on... she couldn't walk Gaines to the ocean to pee before she fell asleep? C'mon now.
the drone footage has me pining for a beach trip!!! I think the water was super cold, it's didn't look like any of the kids spent much time in the ocean and i know in previous trips they basically have to drag Bennett out of the water, and it didn't look like he got in at all. I think MG wasn't having it with the cold waves. I don't blame her! lol I had to laugh at that as well, but like she said at least they were at the beach when it happened. lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:

There's an old Bratayley video that was like that. Hayley was sitting on the floor spread eagle in shortie pajamas, and the camera angle was right up her crotch. It was awful. They do a lot of leotard hauls, but I think they've actually learned how to be more careful. I have a lot of other issues with Bratayley, but I think they have gotten better at protecting the girls' bodies.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

japaluvr wrote:I really love the music Cullen uses for drone footage. I lol'd at Katie getting peed on... she couldn't walk Gaines to the ocean to pee before she fell asleep? C'mon now.
Lol, I bet she will next time! Haha, she deserved that!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I love the new kids room with the bunk beds. What a great place to vacation with the weather, the beautiful sandy beaches and ocean. This would be my pick if I were E+J as a YouTuber family to visit over going to St George to see Carl and Jinger. While Utah is beautiful, you can never beat being by the ocean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”