Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jesssfam: Extreme Makeover (Modesto Edition) Part 89

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

whattheactual wrote:
smashleysays wrote:See, the Kyson thing is why I thinks it's so laughable that Jess claims that she tries to be so amicable and civil and act just like her parents who were apparently great co-parents. Jess looks just like her dad... look at the picture for proof. Yet from all accounts, Wendy was a great mom. She didn't treat Jess any differently because she looked like her Dad, who cheated on Wendy and moved on with his replacement family. But when Jess has a son that looks just like his father, her ex, she can't handle it and shoves him to the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that you think Jess allegedly ignores the twins solely because if the fact that they look like Drake is laughable...Landon looks just like Drake too and according to everyone on here he is one of the golden children so...
I'm not so sure, if Landen would have been the golden child, if Chris hadn't come along and taken him up like his own. As babies she's always more attentive, simply because of the fact that they're babies, but as they get older her relationship seems to be defined by the relationsip (or lack ther of) she has with their Dads.
MissKeitz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MissKeitz »

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

Jess obviously *can* cook, and I use that term loosely. We've seen her do it before. I'm assuming Chris does it now because he's probably better at it. My boyfriend does all of our cooking as well. I mean I can make breakfast lol, but when he's deployed then I obviously do my own cooking. I hate every fucking second of it too but I still try. It's one of the many reasons why I don't have kids and why I may choose to never have kids.

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I think I recall a recent past vlog where Chris was cooking for the boys and mentioned how Jessica apparently can't even manage a grilled cheese without burning it. I am pretty sure it was while she was pregnant with Addelyn.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I think we already knew Jess couldnt/didnt cook... I mean, she used to TRY but they were basic recipes loaded with butter. Britney cant cook either.
dancingfireflame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dancingfireflame »

With Drake she used to make canned corn, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, macaroni & cheese...etc. I hardly call that cooking. She should use a slow cooker, I love mine. Set it and forget it.
I hate cooking, every minute of it, but I have kids so it has to get done. She's on Pinterest enough, maybe she should be pinning recipes as opposed to moving tips (as if she hasn't moved a million times already) and she still doesn't know how to move properly. She always seems to have so much energy and is STILL lazy.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
whattheactual
Informer
Informer

Unread post by whattheactual »

Aboogabooga wrote:Jess obviously *can* cook, and I use that term loosely. We've seen her do it before. I'm assuming Chris does it now because he's probably better at it. My boyfriend does all of our cooking as well. I mean I can make breakfast lol, but when he's deployed then I obviously do my own cooking. I hate every fucking second of it too but I still try. It's one of the many reasons why I don't have kids and why I may choose to never have kids.

That's how it is in my family. My mom CAN cook if she has too, but usually she makes something simple and easy. My dad does like 99% of the cooking and he doesn't mind at all. Although my mom often does the cleaning up from dinner, so it usually evens out.
twisteddismay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by twisteddismay »

whattheactual wrote:
Aboogabooga wrote:Jess obviously *can* cook, and I use that term loosely. We've seen her do it before. I'm assuming Chris does it now because he's probably better at it. My boyfriend does all of our cooking as well. I mean I can make breakfast lol, but when he's deployed then I obviously do my own cooking. I hate every fucking second of it too but I still try. It's one of the many reasons why I don't have kids and why I may choose to never have kids.

That's how it is in my family. My mom CAN cook if she has too, but usually she makes something simple and easy. My dad does like 99% of the cooking and he doesn't mind at all. Although my mom often does the cleaning up from dinner, so it usually evens out.
im 100% italian so my lack of cooking skills always makes me an outcast in my family. my grandma has tried to teach me sooo many times but i just can't get the hang of it. i can make simple things but things like sauce, chicken, burgers are a no-no (but i can do meatballs. that's where my italian shines through :p) so my boyfriend cooks and i clean/set up. works well for us. but i can make basics. jess should at least be able to make a simple meal.

LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

dancingfireflame wrote:With Drake she used to make canned corn, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, macaroni & cheese...etc. I hardly call that cooking. She should use a slow cooker, I love mine. Set it and forget it.
I hate cooking, every minute of it, but I have kids so it has to get done. She's on Pinterest enough, maybe she should be pinning recipes as opposed to moving tips (as if she hasn't moved a million times already) and she still doesn't know how to move properly. She always seems to have so much energy and is STILL lazy.
I think with her it's really more a laziness thing. Cooking is quite a basic skill; I think you can only burn grilled cheese if you're not paying attention or don't try to learn from mistakes/don't try more than once. She lived with her mother for a long time so she didn't have to cook often, when she was living with Drake he often cooked for her, living with Chris he cooks, or they go to a restaurant, or get take-out, or Blue Apron stuff, or another friend/relative cooks for her. The times there was no one to do it for her, she usually made it easy on herself with stuff you only have to warm up etc. And I get it, I only recently moved out for the first time and upto now mostly went for easy things... but I don't intend to do that forever, and especially not when I have kids. Home made meals are just so much healthier and in my opinion tastier.

I can just see her go "whoops I burnt grilled cheese because I was to busy trying to guess the password to Drake's Instagram account! Lol I really can't cook! I shouldn't ever try again! Pick your battles! #momlife #mymilkisbetteranyway " That's not "not being able to cook", it's being too enabled by others to be forced to learn it.
Mamax1215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mamax1215 »

ber614 wrote:Haha Janell said her and Chris do all the cooking? Why is Janell cooking for Jessica's kids? Maybe they really are in an open relationship. But seriously, I don't think I would be surprised if Chris had a thing for Janell. I bet if he was given the opportunity to cheat with her he would.
What a weird situation, I could totally see them doing something behind Jessss back. Maybe he already had the opportunity. Imagine he gets her pregnant, a bald pasty chunky baby with a mouth like Janelle's lol
notapnutmommy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by notapnutmommy »

I can't cook either.
I burn Mac and cheese, eggs never come out right. Simple things are a problem.
Luckily my husband can cook. He's tried to teach me, but it's no use. He can take a bite of something and know if it needs pepper or salt or how to make it taste right. I can't. I can tell you it tastes good or bad, that's about it.
But we don't have kids and don't plan on having kids so me not knowing how to cook isn't a big problem since he can.

dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

How can you have five damn children without knowing how to cook some basic dishes?

People who say they can't cook and act like somehow you're either born with the skill or you're just not and will never be able to cook properly have me shaking my head.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I've tried to cook so many times and it just turns out awful I'm lucky my boyfriends good at it. I'm really good at baking though I make the best brownies
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

dazzled wrote:How can you have five damn children without knowing how to cook some basic dishes?

People who say they can't cook and act like somehow you're either born with the skill or you're just not and will never be able to cook properly have me shaking my head.
My four siblings all love to cook. I hate to cook, but I enjoy baking. My husband cooks, but cooks from his head never a recipe. We are empty nesters now so we do go out a lot. My oldest get blue apron and loves it. She doe meals for two so she has leftovers. I did cook for my kids though, just never exciting meals. I wished I enjoyed it. I think I don't because I was the one who had to help my mom cook as a kid. Her food was like road kill and she was nasty. If you did not eat it you got spanked with a hairbrush. She broke one on my butt once. Crazy how things effect you for forever. I hope jess' kids come out of this as functioning adults.

gemmie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gemmie »

For all of you on here that can't cook but want to, YouTube tutorials have been a godsend for me. Don't get discouraged if you mess it up a couple of times at first.. learn from your mistakes and master that shit. It's all about know the basics and then going from there. I wonder what Jess is subscribed to on YouTube? She has so many free learning videos that she can watch right at her fingertips. Hell, I'd even love if she had a "learning to cook with Jess" type series on her channel. She needs to branch out and find some hobbies and passions (besides her damn kids..) of her own, otherwise her channel is doomed.

HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

We've all seen how she thinks it is cute to act dumb around Chris. I've seen videos of her giving the kids grilled cheese in the duplex. But now it's "she can't cook it without burning it." She probably just put on her giggly, ditsy front for Chris and acted like she can't cook anything.
Throne
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Throne »

I honestly find it amazing how she is a stay-at-home-mom and literally does not do anything which would be required for that role (ie, cooking/ cleaning/raising her goddamn kids). Like aside from breatfeeding caillou and driving around the rest of the litter, wth does she do with the rest of her life?
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

Caillou...omg. I can't stop laughing.
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

Throne wrote:I honestly find it amazing how she is a stay-at-home-mom and literally does not do anything which would be required for that role (ie, cooking/ cleaning/raising her goddamn kids). Like aside from breatfeeding caillou and driving around the rest of the litter, wth does she do with the rest of her life?
Omg. CaillouImageImage I can't. Why hasn't anyone else said that yet? They're twins.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

vonniebeth wrote:
Aaliyah_uk wrote:Ps I meant a Lego toy , I only saw kaden with a set , I feel this was a birthday for kaden I've never seen Kyson play Lego
IMHO, I think everything Jess does with the twins is more catered to Kaden's interests (monster trucks, SpiderMan, etc). However, I remember Kyson asked for a Lego set for Christmas, so I do think Kyson DOES have an interest in Legos. It just seems like it's all about Kaden because she clearly favors him. #FreeKyson
I felt bad for Kyson because even at Legoland he sat out on some rides when Chris clearly could have taken him to some of them instead of having him sit out half the video.

Return to “JesssFam”