Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

Parkerwar
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Accidents do happen but you can decrease the chances by watching your kids and not leaving a baby standing unattended on a stool around metal racks. Just like the spilled milk incident on her IG. How can two parents in a small house not know what their toddler is doing?

As someone said, I'm waiting for the judgemental comments, I had a similar thought. I was waiting for the defense of Bonnie to start with stories of people who have had the exact same thing happen in their very similar life! To me she is indefensible on safety. I hope this opens her eyes to all the standing on counters and furniture and turning your head on a toddler standing a foot from the street. Bonnie is very lucky that all she's dealt with are stitches.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Yeah I caught her saying he was standing on that chair. That was definitely a backless chair and not a stool. I hope this is a warning sign for her and she is more careful about putting him on countertops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Parkerwar wrote:Accidents do happen but you can decrease the chances by watching your kids and not leaving a baby standing unattended on a stool around metal racks. Just like the spilled milk incident on her IG. How can two parents in a small house not know what their toddler is doing?

As someone said, I'm waiting for the judgemental comments, I had a similar thought. I was waiting for the defense of Bonnie to start with stories of people who have had the exact same thing happen in their very similar life! To me she is indefensible on safety. I hope this opens her eyes to all the standing on counters and furniture and turning your head on a toddler standing a foot from the street. Bonnie is very lucky that all she's dealt with are stitches.
Could they be safer? Absolutely! But accidents do happen. I'm sure most people have stories. There's no need to shame those that might Image
shaybaby
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shaybaby »

Do they not have a stroller? Kids that age just want to explore and if you're busy shopping it gets hard to watch their every move

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Poor Lincoln, accidents happen! :(
What a trooper though

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

My son, at 18 mos, was watching my husband shave. As my husband turned to wipe his face, my son used the vanity drawers climbed up grab the razor and shaved his tongue. Thank Goodness he did no real damage. My pediatrician said he needs to get into a school program so he learns he is not three, not five, and not a black lab. That is when child number three started Mother's Day out once a week.
Can I defend Bonnie yes accidents happen. Once they happen you know they happen as a parent you need to prevent. No more toddlers on the counter, take them shopping in a stroller, and hold their hands in a parking lot.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Accidents absolutely do happen. However, Bonnie's penchant for putting her kidses on raised surfaces was at play in this instance, standing Lincoln on a stool in the store. It's somewhat a paradox that she claims success at blanket training where she's also stated she uses that method on the floor in the Doctors office. Why not sit him on the floor in the store and let him know he's not to move or the most simplest solution as someone else mentioned is put an eighteen month old in a stroller like the majority of parents.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I haven't watched-- so I am asking: she let him stand on a stool in a _store_ and didn't hang on to him or watch him? Yes, accidents happen. But there is this thing called contributory negligence.
What will be telling will be if she changes her behavior going forward. If she's more careful, I will applaud her for learning. But so many vloggers act as though their children are specially protected by some magical force-- Shaytards was notorious for letting their kids do dangerous things, and I think they set the tone. Maybe it's a Utah Mormon thing...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:I haven't watched-- so I am asking: she let him stand on a stool in a _store_ and didn't hang on to him or watch him? Yes, accidents happen. But there is this thing called contributory negligence.
What will be telling will be if she changes her behavior going forward. If she's more careful, I will applaud her for learning. But so many vloggers act as though their children are specially protected by some magical force-- Shaytards was notorious for letting their kids do dangerous things, and I think they set the tone. Maybe it's a Utah Mormon thing...

It was a pretty tall stool for him to fall off of and she mentioned that he was standing on it before falling. He hit his head on the bottom of a metal clothes rack. It's pretty easy to teach toddlers not to stand on furniture but we all know that's ok at Bonnie's house. Her kids climb all over the dining table and chairs, so to Lincoln what's the difference between at home and the store.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Ducklings4 wrote:My son, at 18 mos, was watching my husband shave. As my husband turned to wipe his face, my son used the vanity drawers climbed up grab the razor and shaved his tongue. Thank Goodness he did no real damage. My pediatrician said he needs to get into a school program so he learns he is not three, not five, and not a black lab. That is when child number three started Mother's Day out once a week.
Can I defend Bonnie yes accidents happen. Once they happen you know they happen as a parent you need to prevent. No more toddlers on the counter, take them shopping in a stroller, and hold their hands in a parking lot.

You make good points. You learn from your errors. No parent is perfect, yet they've been incredibly lucky too. Protect those kid's heads with helmets on bikes/sking/ATV and car safety would be a good start.

I still have concerns with some kid going over the ledge where the kitchen table is and the stairs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Last edited by tratra58 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ref Boston, he is as sharp as a button and is as quietly observant as an owl when watching him in the vlogs. I would not be surprised that he's worked out exactly what compliments to make in order to keep Bonnie's need of adulation alive and buoyant, and it's become a more regular occurrence from him in recent vlogs. My younger brother was barely much older than Boston and was able to figure out this exact same thing with a mother of similar character.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Scar2016 wrote:Ref Boston, he is as sharp as a button and is as quietly observant as an owl when watching him in the vlogs. I would not be surprised that he's worked out exactly what compliments to make in order to keep Bonnie's need of adulation alive and buoyant, and it's become a more regular occurrence from him in recent vlogs. My younger brother was barely much older than Boston and was able to figure out this exact same thing with a mother of similar character.
Bonnie clearly adores all her children. I think it's obvious in the way she vlogs. Hers are still the videos I would take of my own kids. Most of the time she vlogs what she and Joel think are cute moments, and this is why I think some people find the vlogs boring. She isn't creating content like a lot of the other family vloggers. She still talking to her and engaging with her kids. Love her or hate her, to say the kids need to work for her love and affection is pretty reaching. Now if you were talking about Jackson....
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I haven't watched-- so I am asking: she let him stand on a stool in a _store_ and didn't hang on to him or watch him? Yes, accidents happen. But there is this thing called contributory negligence.

It was a pretty tall stool for him to fall off of and she mentioned that he was standing on it before falling. He hit his head on the bottom of a metal clothes rack. It's pretty easy to teach toddlers not to stand on furniture but we all know that's ok at Bonnie's house. Her kids climb all over the dining table and chairs, so to Lincoln what's the difference between at home and the store.

Actually, I just watched the blog, and she never said he was standing.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Judgemental = having or displaying an excessively critical view. That would mean that people view Bonnie's safety as poor without very much reason, she has given more than enough reason to view her safety as poor.

It's not as if people have this view of Bonnie's safety for no reason, there have been countless times where her kids have been put in 'danger' due to a lack of safety. People's view on Bonnie's safety (to me) isn't excessively critical. She has 'earned' the negative opinion about her safety.

dailyblahblahblah
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dailyblahblahblah »

menehune wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

She did at the end of the vlog when she took the other 3 kids back to exchange the pants Boston had on.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

alym0326 wrote:Judgemental = having or displaying an excessively critical view. That would mean that people view Bonnie's safety as poor without very much reason, she has given more than enough reason to view her safety as poor.

It's not as if people have this view of Bonnie's safety for no reason, there have been countless times where her kids have been put in 'danger' due to a lack of safety. People's view on Bonnie's safety (to me) isn't excessively critical. She has 'earned' the negative opinion about her safety.

I hope they change. This head injury/stiches was too close to his eyes when hitting a sharp corner.

Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Accidents happen and people learn from them. After reading here I was outraged, but then I watched the vlog and realized that it was just an accident and not something that they should have necessarily anticipated.

They've never had a child with stitches before. Now they have and they are more aware of the dangers. Like many of us have had to, I hope they learn from their mistakes.

I suggest others watch the vlog for themselves and don't just read here before forming their opinion.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

tratra58 wrote:
alym0326 wrote:Judgemental = having or displaying an excessively critical view. That would mean that people view Bonnie's safety as poor without very much reason, she has given more than enough reason to view her safety as poor.

I don't agree. I think carseats and helmet safety are not extraordinary measures parents take, but a normal standard and many times required to do by law.

We watched Lincoln climbing on counters more than once so I say they've been lucky...can you image if that sharp corner hit his eye.

Car seats and helmets are two VERY different safety standards. All it takes is one accident with them in the car without a booster to cause serious harm, especially in a smaller car like Joel's.

But the car safety and helmets aren't the only safety issues they have... (I.e., letting them play out front by themselves, Cody and Boston once got out of the house and were out long enough to knock over a bunch of garbage cans on their street, about a year ago they were letting Boston play with scissors unsupervised, letting the kids play all over the counters supervised and unsupervised - these are just a few safety issues I can think of off the top of my head)

My point was that people have seen them not be concerned for their children's safety enough times for the negative opinion not to be considered excessively critical/judgemental. In my opinion it's warranted.

Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

menehune wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

At the end she was telling Cody and she said he was standing and then Cody asked if he was standing at the chair, and she said "he was sitting on there." So she said sitting twice, and standing once.

Either way. I still think people are blowing it out of proportion.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:Ref Boston, he is as sharp as a button and is as quietly observant as an owl when watching him in the vlogs. I would not be surprised that he's worked out exactly what compliments to make in order to keep Bonnie's need of adulation alive and buoyant, and it's become a more regular occurrence from him in recent vlogs. My younger brother was barely much older than Boston and was able to figure out this exact same thing with a mother of similar character.
Bonnie clearly adores all her children. I think it's obvious in the way she vlogs. Hers are still the videos I would take of my own kids. Most of the time she vlogs what she and Joel think are cute moments, and this is why I think some people find the vlogs boring. She isn't creating content like a lot of the other family vloggers. She still talking to her and engaging with her kids. Love her or hate her, to say the kids need to work for her love and affection is pretty reaching. Now if you were talking about Jackson....
I think you misunderstand. Personally I have never said she doesn't love her kids or that they don't vlog cute moments or that their vlogs are boring. I have also never said I hate her, let alone ''the kids need to work for her love and affection'' equates to ''is pretty reaching.'' My post above is the simple fact that I relate to having a mother with a personality very similar to Bonnie and as such, an emotionally intuitive child may pick up on that mothers desire/need to be adulated and ergo attempt to deliver said need. No reaching, merely observational and experiential.
Last edited by Scar2016 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”