DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Strawberry26 wrote:Image

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Ollie and Missy's body language Image
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Ollie and Missy's body language Image
They have the same. Not impressed with anything.

Junebugbaby621
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebugbaby621 »

I'm just trying to figure out what constitutes this trip as a "spring break". Isn't every day spring break for them? Lol! Save the term for those of us who actually work hard for a living.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Where are Missy's pants?????
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Junebugbaby621 wrote:I'm just trying to figure out what constitutes this trip as a "spring break". Isn't every day spring break for them? Lol! Save the term for those of us who actually work hard for a living.
For real!! Or maybe at the very least save it for when the kids are in school???? I'm way too excited that i actually have enough vacation time to take the week off next week for my kids spring break. I've never gotten to do that, ever. I have 2 weeks vacation this year and i'm taking one now and the other in the summer. My kids are hella excited just to have me home for spring break even if we don't have plans!
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Speaking of Missy's hair, has she gotten it done recently? The times I've watched the vlogs, she hasn't been rushing out to get it done. I'm used to her going every couple of weeks :-o

Also, can someone teach Missy to wear shorts that fit? They are always going up her vag, and not because they're booty shorts, but simply because they're too small. Same goes for Bryan...he always has really obvious love handles. It's like Missy and Bryan are afraid of clothing sizes...which is natural and human-y! But as someone who used to wear pants that pushed my hips out and shorts that rode up because I refused to admit my real size, you two will feel much better! A higher number is worth a flattering, comfortable fit.

Their other option is to eat healthy and stop being so lazy, but we all know that will not happen...also, has anyone noticed Ollie's face is getting pretty full? I'm worried that he's headed down the same road :( I just feel so bad. Kids don't have a say in what their parents let them eat...he's not going to say no when they always shove sugary foods in front of him because sugary foods are delicious, and they've caused him to be picky by doing that. Not his fault at all, and I hope he can break out of it when he's older. I'm no health nut myself, but if/when I have children, I'm going to do my best not to just have them eat junk for every meal.
dailyblahblahblah
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dailyblahblahblah »

I must admit I'm very jealous. 4 years of college, a bachelors degree, long 12/13 hour shifts and I still can't afford to take my daughter to Disney World just yet. I'm doing everything wrong in life! (not really...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tintin15 wrote:Speaking of Missy's hair, has she gotten it done recently? The times I've watched the vlogs, she hasn't been rushing out to get it done. I'm used to her going every couple of weeks :-o

Also, can someone teach Missy to wear shorts that fit? They are always going up her vag, and not because they're booty shorts, but simply because they're too small. Same goes for Bryan...he always has really obvious love handles. It's like Missy and Bryan are afraid of clothing sizes...which is natural and human-y! But as someone who used to wear pants that pushed my hips out and shorts that rode up because I refused to admit my real size, you two will feel much better! A higher number is worth a flattering, comfortable fit.

Their other option is to eat healthy and stop being so lazy, but we all know that will not happen...also, has anyone noticed Ollie's face is getting pretty full? I'm worried that he's headed down the same road :( I just feel so bad. Kids don't have a say in what their parents let them eat...he's not going to say no when they always shove sugary foods in front of him because sugary foods are delicious, and they've caused him to be picky by doing that. Not his fault at all, and I hope he can break out of it when he's older. I'm no health nut myself, but if/when I have children, I'm going to do my best not to just have them eat junk for every meal.
I think she's gotten it done just as much, we just dont hear about it anymore. Looked like the other day she got another one of those keratin treatments (the smoothing ones?) bc her hair was nice and flat and smooth.

I was thinking the same thing about ALL their clothes. Missy and Bryan have a huge problem with buying clothes that fit them and then they project it on the kids too. None of them ever have on clothes that really fit.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Edenberry wrote:Now taking bets on the # of times they complain about the humidity and crowds at WDW because it is a WHOLE other beast vs Disney Land.
It is OPPRESSIVELY humid in Orlando.
Didn't Bryan say it was "Going to be nice to be in warm weather"? Snort.
BTW, it has been _perfect_ here in SoCal. 70's during the day, maybe some clouds, but definitely not whine worthy.
Bryan especially is going to suffer from the humidity. Not fat shaming this time. It's just a fact that generally heavier people struggle with it more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Theirmom wrote:My biggest problem with their "discipline" is that they really only seem to do it when his behaviour gets to the point of annoying *them*. Like, they see NOTHING wrong with letting him stand on restaurant booths and gawk at the people next to them, or run around restaurants, or grab toys from Finn, or whine "that's mine" when another kid wants to share. Or when they speak directly to him and he ignores them to watch the tv, they just say "oh, he's so into his show right now", instead of turning the bloody thing off and REQUIRING acknowledgment of being addressed by his parent.
They encourage rudeness, because THEY'RE rude people. They have no regard for the people around them. They're loud, obnoxious and don't care if a waiter trips over their kid who is running from table to table BLOWING OUT CANDLES!!!
That's TERRIBLE behaviour that should be reprimanded, but they're okay with it. Forget Ollie, both Bryan and Missy's parents were utter failures to have instilled such a sense of entitlement in these child-like "adults".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes!

Having a nice home and money doesn't change the fact that B&M are basically trailer trash. I'm sorry, but if I'm out to dinner and my kids are sitting quietly but someone else's are running amok it's beyond annoying. Plus when kids turn around in the booth to talk to the people behind them like that, I guarantee you 90% of people don't find it cute, they are just being polite in acting like they do.

MANNERS, because they were taught to have some.

I didn't weigh in on the CPS talk earlier but I did want to add... B&M really don't keep a close eye on the boys. Remember they found Finn wandering outside that one time? They really are one accident or questionable incident away from being on CPSs radar. I don't think the OP was that out of line for questioning it. Sure the boys are fed, have toys and clothes, but let's be real here, B&M are fairly negligent and self-absorbed, and I don't think any of us would be surprised if something major happened. Would we?
I had a friend who was sitting in front of a child on a long plane ride. The child kept kicking her seat. My friend stood up and said to the child " I feel sorry for you. You have two parents sitting with you, but they cannot take the time to teach you good manners. We will be on the plane for 17 hours and I am telling you kicking my seat is not an option. Now let's take off your shoes and keep your feet still." Her husband said the kid was an angel the entire flight. The parents just stared at her mouths open wide.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:I've been a long time lurker here and only recently started posting here. Since I've come across ytmd and just recently, I noticed things we talk about here they're trying to improve on in blogs. Like those flashcards today and how Papa made Ollie a scavenger hunt?
They do this often, there are too many things to count that prove they read here, and care about our opinions.
Welcome to the Dark Side btw.. ImmomSD normally has cookies... :) Image
Chocolate cake today. Big celebration.
My daughter's Special Olympics friends took the Bronze Medal in floor hockey at the World Games in Austria. She plays basketball, so she didn't go, but I made a cake for the team.
Sorry for going so personal and OT. I'm just so freaking proud of these kids! To make it have some reference to DB,
knowing the other parents, and how much work we all put into making sure our kids have every opportunity to succeed as much as they can to the best of their abilities, it just floors me that with all the time and resources Bryan and Missy have, they are too lazy and too ignorant to help Ollie flourish. It wouldn't even take _work_, because he is bright, and seems to want to learn. He seems to have picked up all of his dinosaur knowledge on his own. It just makes me sad and angry for him. And even more so Finn.

Germany2263
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Germany2263 »

brownprincess93 wrote:I have a cousin in California who watches them as well and she sent me this PDF link with the Kindergarten curriculum - looks like the Bumps are in for a rude awakening:

http://www.dmusd.org/cms/lib02/CA010018 ... iculum.pdf
My oh my. "Extra help for struggling readers" in kindergarten. I'm in my 50's and we just went to kinder cold. I still managed to graduate college. I'm a nurse educator in CA and the core standards are just a mess. Teaching to standards is such a bad idea. That's my opinion, not trying to shoot down someone else's.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:I've been a long time lurker here and only recently started posting here. Since I've come across ytmd and just recently, I noticed things we talk about here they're trying to improve on in blogs. Like those flashcards today and how Papa made Ollie a scavenger hunt?
They do this often, there are too many things to count that prove they read here, and care about our opinions.
Welcome to the Dark Side btw.. ImmomSD normally has cookies... :) Image
Chocolate cake today. Big celebration.
My daughter's Special Olympics friends took the Bronze Medal in floor hockey at the World Games in Austria. She plays basketball, so she didn't go, but I made a cake for the team.
Sorry for going so personal and OT. I'm just so freaking proud of these kids! To make it have some reference to DB,
knowing the other parents, and how much work we all put into making sure our kids have every opportunity to succeed as much as they can to the best of their abilities, it just floors me that with all the time and resources Bryan and Missy have, they are too lazy and too ignorant to help Ollie flourish. It wouldn't even take _work_, because he is bright, and seems to want to learn. He seems to have picked up all of his dinosaur knowledge on his own. It just makes me sad and angry for him. And even more so Finn.

Chocolate cake is even better.. YUM!! Congrats to your daughter friends! What an amazing accomplishment!!!
tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

Germany2263 wrote:http://www.dmusd.org/cms/lib02/CA010018 ... iculum.pdf
Germany2263 wrote:
brownprincess93 wrote:I have a cousin in California who watches them as well and she sent me this PDF link with the Kindergarten curriculum - looks like the Bumps are in for a rude awakening:

My oh my. "Extra help for struggling readers" in kindergarten. I'm in my 50's and we just went to kinder cold. I still managed to graduate college. I'm a nurse educator in CA and the core standards are just a mess. Teaching to standards is such a bad idea. That's my opinion, not trying to shoot down someone else's.

It's really how much they push kids in Kindergarten these days :( They tell us not to teach to the standards, but how else are we suppose to do anything, when we are evaluated on how many goals they meet?

Then the kids are "behind" and the good parents feel like crap they didn't do more, when really their kid just wasn't ready for it.

Education needs an overhaul.
Germany2263
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Germany2263 »

tml43 wrote:
Germany2263 wrote:http://www.dmusd.org/cms/lib02/CA010018 ... iculum.pdf
Germany2263 wrote:

It's really how much they push kids in Kindergarten these days :( They tell us not to teach to the standards, but how else are we suppose to do anything, when we are evaluated on how many goals they meet?

Then the kids are "behind" and the good parents feel like crap they didn't do more, when really their kid just wasn't ready for it.

Education needs an overhaul.
Yep. Preaching to the choir my friend. What's more upsetting is that govt use the data and base failure on poor teachers. When ALL teachers know there is not equality in districts as far as tax dollars, access to books, technology, and even class size etc. Sucks
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What resort are they saying at? I think someone called it with Grand Floridian $$$$$$$$$ only the most expensive will do!
tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

Playsinrain wrote:What resort are they saying at? I think someone called it with Grand Floridian $$$$$$$$$ only the most expensive will do!
Yup. that's the Disney's Grand Floridian. I've stayed there before.

On the "club level" too. :roll: :roll: :roll:

edit: FYI that room is something like $1200/night
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tml43 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:What resort are they saying at? I think someone called it with Grand Floridian $$$$$$$$$ only the most expensive will do!
Yup. that's the Disney's Grand Floridian. I've stayed there before.

On the "club level" too. :roll: :roll: :roll:

edit: FYI that room is something like $1200/night
I just saw that on their website, couldnt find a room with that exact layout, but its totally around $1000+ per night, easy.
galifreyancatlady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galifreyancatlady »

I'm just waiting for the day that Ollie uses one of the magic bands to rack up huge purchases. But you know the tag line will be "TODDLER GOES ON SHOPPING SPREE"

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I strongly believe that kids need to learn through play and not through study and lecture, especially prior to Grade 1. That said, while I agree the standards may be too high for some Kindergartners, I also know just how much children can and will learn without having lesson plans, and I do find it shocking that some people think Oliver would be ok. My two year old plays on an iPad just like Ollie, but he plays learning games. He can count to almost 20, knows his colours, shapes and most animals. Honestly, I probably don't know half of what he knows! Its disgraceful that Oliver needs to "catch up" at all. Does he not ask questions about things? Do they not count items at the grocery store, or during cleanup or hide and seek? Kids learn pretty naturally, so I'm more concerned that he hasn't learned more given the amount of daily iPad time he has. Most of the time Ollie just has a vacant stare. He doesn't seem to have a lot of curiosity about the world about him, and I wonder if this is because he just gets ignored when he asks questions?

Standards may be too high, but without standards I hate to think how far parents like B&M would let their kids fall.

Return to “Daily Bumps”