DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Of course it's a sponsored trip!! They literally WORK for Disney (Maker)!!!!

I sort of feel bad for Missy, she looks terrible. Weight gain and shockingly bad skin.

Also, Carl and Jinger??!! Really? Those two are riding all the YT coattails. They should be embarrassed, but it seems to be paying off...finally. Carl is the ultimate loser who can't do anything - doesn't work, doesn't drive, etc. It's pretty pathetic how they made YT their career and the family seemed to financially suffer for YEARS!
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

disneyworldbelle wrote:That video is more than just his footage - theres multiple perspectives of them on the ride and there's a Disney copyright symbol at the bottom. Maybe they are sponsored after all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That video footage he shared on Instagram is something you can buy from your magic band (from the photopass selection, it's a new feature for pictures at WDW) my family has a video of us riding it so from that video I wouldn't think they were sponsored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Ooooh, that makes sense!

Can't fool those minions, though! Image (*sarcasm*)

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

cat9480 wrote:
disneyworldbelle wrote:That video is more than just his footage - theres multiple perspectives of them on the ride and there's a Disney copyright symbol at the bottom. Maybe they are sponsored after all?

That video footage he shared on Instagram is something you can buy from your magic band (from the photopass selection, it's a new feature for pictures at WDW) my family has a video of us riding it so from that video I wouldn't think they were sponsored

Ooooh, that makes sense!

Can't fool those minions, though! Image (*sarcasm*)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
What footage?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Ollie's face in the Little Mermaid shot might be the first time I've seen him smile and not do that ridiculous constipated grimace they've trained him to do. He still looks really weird, but I think it's because I'm not accustomed to seeing his eyes open with an actual smile.

francis3125
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by francis3125 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... f39cc4.jpg[/img]

Missy look miserable, she wasn't happy with her "makeover" and 3 shades of foundation? Jesus I'm sorry to say this but her skin looks horrible. With Natalia they only used one and she did look happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I honestly don't think it was sponsored! I know they work for disney (basically) but i think the sponsored trip fell through and Bryan said that "we are lucky that we were able to plan WDW on our own after our initial trip failed to go through" so unless hes lying about being sponsored then this trip is totally out of pocket. Idk how all sponsorships work, but i highly doubt that Bryan would not want to mention that hes so famous that he was given a free trip, and i assume that part of the sponsorship would require them to let on that it was sponsored? Isn't the main reason why companies do that is for advertisement? They were mad they didn't get to go for free so they decided to spend the equivalent of a years college tuition for one of the boys on a trip they will make little to no money from.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Just because they work for Maker doesn't mean they get everything Disney for free. They aren't Maker's biggest clients. A few of Makers other YTers were sponsored to go to Aulani, and their videos made that very clear. It was in the description and mentioned many times. They also all played more like an advertisement for the resort. Aulani wasn't free just because they work for Maker, and likely WDW isn't either. The vlogs will definitely tell based on how much we see them do.

People speculate that most of what B&M do/buy is sponsored. I think they really do just spend that much money. We saw it before they started making big money, and the trend continues now that they have an image to maintain.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Someone mentioned merch yesterday.... Maker has some in their online store. VERY limited options compared to the other vloggers though, and it's all that old cartoony stuff they had. I'm guessing it doesn't sell well.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Just because they work for Maker doesn't mean they get everything Disney for free. They aren't Maker's biggest clients. A few of Makers other YTers were sponsored to go to Aulani, and their videos made that very clear. It was in the description and mentioned many times. They also all played more like an advertisement for the resort. Aulani wasn't free just because they work for Maker, and likely WDW isn't either. The vlogs will definitely tell based on how much we see them do.

People speculate that most of what B&M do/buy is sponsored. I think they really do just spend that much money. We saw it before they started making big money, and the trend continues now that they have an image to maintain.
I think that it's a huge case of Keeping up With the Joneses... they saw all these big names getting sponsored trips to Aulani so they rushed in and bought their own trip so they could look like they got sponsored too. same with this trip. I never thought the Aulani trip was sponsored either, as i would imagine something like that would have to be disclosed, whether it be YT rules or Disney rules.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Maybe not sponsored but I'm sure they get a steep discount from Disney.

Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Idunnowhyimhere »

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Someone mentioned merch yesterday.... Maker has some in their online store. VERY limited options compared to the other vloggers though, and it's all that old cartoony stuff they had. I'm guessing it doesn't sell well.
that was me and thanks for the info. Maybe their stuff doesnt sell as well as i would think it would, or maybe they would do better with a teespring campaign. Cullen and Katie have a much smaller following and they always do pretty well with the teespring stuff and are always being asked for new shirts or to relaunch older ones. B&M don't even mention they have merch, which is probably why they are still sitting on the same tee shirt design from 2 years ago. Bad business skills bry bry
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Maybe not sponsored but I'm sure they get a steep discount from Disney.

Not on those first class plane tickets and things though...

Like I said, they really do just spend a lot of money.

If anything, I think a WDW sponsorship almost happened and they pulled the plug. I heard Maker is undergoing some restructuring at the moment and is vetting their channels to decide who is going to get cut. Only the "cleanest" and most politically correct images will remain. Now would be an odd time to arrange any sponsorships (especially given that WDW will be busy).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:Not adding to the quote tree, nut i agree WalrusBoy. It's very strange to me that Ollie has never really acted like Finn was more than an annoyance. Sure all siblings clash and find each other annoying at times, but I could probably count on one hand the number of times we have seen Ollie interacting with Finn in a positive way. Most times he completely ignores him or is terribly annoyed with him. And we all know that since Missy wants us all to believe that they are the best of friends that every single sweet or cute interaction they have together is on the vlog. Even when they are "playing together" its more like they are just playing in the same general area doing independent things. The only time we ever see them interact is when Missy or Bryan make them. Like putting Finn in the powerwheels with Ollie, and even then Ollie acts like its a huge burden that his brother is near him. It's strange that at the ages they are they aren't closer.
You are absolutely right. Even just looking at other vlogger kids, even siblings that are annoyed by their little brothers and sisters still hug them spontaneously, and share with them without being told to. When one gets hurt, the other will run over to see what happened. Noah adores PJ, Gaines loves Brooks. My friend just had a baby, and posted the sweetest video of her son beaming and hugging his baby sister. Ollie couldn't care less. My daughter loved being a big sister. I always thought it was because they didn't establish any kind of relationship before Finn came home, but I don't know what it is now. They still don't encourage it, really. They never refer to Finn as "your brother". It's the weirdest brother relationship. And it's sad. My kids don't get along, but they care about each other. And I love my siblings to death. Their denial of it is weird too. They are _not_ best friends. But they are in denial about so much in their lives. I wonder sometimes if they even know what's true anymore.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Maybe not sponsored but I'm sure they get a steep discount from Disney.

During peek season? Even if they are employees of disney i doubt it's that big of a discount for this week. They are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down the totem pole of Disney hierarchy, i doubt disney is bending over backwards for someone like the Lumps. They mean less than nothing to them, it's not like they are going to make or break disney of they drop off the face of the earth.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cat9480 wrote:Ollie's face in the Little Mermaid shot might be the first time I've seen him smile and not do that ridiculous constipated grimace they've trained him to do. He still looks really weird, but I think it's because I'm not accustomed to seeing his eyes open with an actual smile.

That's exactly what I said when my daughter showed me the picture! At least he's not grimacing! It's still a weird smile, but it looks more real than that weird face he usually makes.
And that "shell" comment was definitely inappropriate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Missy was full on, boob out breastfeeding Finn on It's a Small World. Nothing wrong with public breastfeeding, but does she usually do it so publicly??? I can't recall. It seems like something she would be too shy to do.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Thankfully, no mention or pushing of Ariel's ~shells~ in the vlog, though apparently Ollie immediately went "Hi, Ariel!" and ran up to her. So if that's true, that's pretty cute.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

I had to rewind that b/c I was so shocked to see her full on breastfeeding. Wasn't she sitting right behind the guide? They showed him turned around explaining small world to them. I thought she'd stopped breastfeeding Finn.
Had to laugh about the guide pushing the stroller more than once. Even jinger was carrying Ollie at the end.
These two are just a couple of hicks that are trying so hard to look like they have class with all this money they have. Not working.
Bryan was such a fan girl over the whole thing it was very embarrassing. Hahaha his hair got messed up... poor Bryan

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Sorry for another post. They bought Ollie a lollipop...said he could eat it during the parade...cue Ollie eating the lollipop, not at the parade :roll: I bet he started whining and they didn't want the tantrum.

Also, Ollie is soooo shy when it comes to new people and all the Disney characters. I hope school helps him to be more outgoing...shyness is a crippling, awful thing to live your life with. Look at Missy.

Return to “Daily Bumps”