Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I actually agree with Bonnie about her crying in yesterday's vlog. Obviously that was a tense situation but sometimes it's like she exaggerates when the cameras on. I just thought it was odd how she placed the camera on the counter while filling out paperwork... then boom cue the theatrics.

Regarding Bonnie's comment about feeling a pit in her stomach/ knots...I'm sorry but she doesn't seem like a mother who just experienced a trauma. She's so distraught over the "accident" she allows them to ride bikes without helmets and let's Lincoln continue to stand on a bench one day after the incident?

I would have more respect for her if she didn't play it up like she actually cared about safety. Just admit it to yourself and the viewers... you aren't overly concerned about safety. Infants standing on elevated surfaces, no helmets and car seat safety etc isn't a major parenting concern for her. If it was she wouldn't continually make the same choices. It's not like she doesn't know any better. Well-meaning viewers are giving her constructive criticism every day.

Embrace who you are Bonnie. A free range type parent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

AutumnLane wrote:I actually agree with Bonnie about her crying in yesterday's vlog. Obviously that was a tense situation but sometimes it's like she exaggerates when the cameras on. I just thought it was odd how she placed the camera on the counter while filling out paperwork... then boom cue the theatrics.

Regarding Bonnie's comment about feeling a pit in her stomach/ knots...I'm sorry but she doesn't seem like a mother who just experienced a trauma. She's so distraught over the "accident" she allows them to ride bikes without helmets and let's Lincoln continue to stand on a bench one day after the incident?

I would have more respect for her if she didn't play it up like she actually cared about safety. Just admit it to yourself and the viewers... you aren't overly concerned about safety. Infants standing on elevated surfaces, no helmets and car seat safety etc isn't a major parenting concern for her. If it was she wouldn't continually make the same choices. It's not like she doesn't know any better. Well-meaning viewers are giving her constructive criticism every day.

Embrace who you are Bonnie. A free range type parent.

You are absolutely right. Own it and stop showing the traumatized mom deal due to the inconsistency with child safety.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Scar2016 wrote:
sunflower928 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:Ref Boston, he is as sharp as a button and is as quietly observant as an owl when watching him in the vlogs. I would not be surprised that he's worked out exactly what compliments to make in order to keep Bonnie's need of adulation alive and buoyant, and it's become a more regular occurrence from him in recent vlogs. My younger brother was barely much older than Boston and was able to figure out this exact same thing with a mother of similar character.
I'm confused by this post. You think Boston is dumb?
No, the opposite. He strikes me (and I think a lot of us here) as an emotionally intelligent and aware child, hence the above post. He is an observer in life as well as a participator. I know many folk who underestimate a child's ability, either emotionally or intellectually, so it's fascinating to visually watch Boston's face and his little forehead frown in contemplation while he processes certain thoughts and emotions and then to watch his conclusion via verbal output.
I LOVE discussions about Boston! He definitely seems advanced in terms of emotional intelligence and wise beyond his almost four years of life. He's grown up a lot in just the past six months and I definitely have a soft spot for him. It makes me interested to watch Jackson's next year of life too. He's always been closer to Cody but I can imagine Boston and Jackson forming a nice bond (more than they already have) in the next year.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah I didn't have much to say about the accident itself because those happen. She should have never allowed him up there or stepped away, but I think that goes without saying. It's just beating a dead horse at this point.

What does really bother me was saying things like "like this video so he'll feel better" and then her overdramatic theatrics. She plays shit up for the vlog, even as any already emotional person. If she was that upset or concerned we'd see her taking steps to reduce the danger she puts them in, but she'd rather have the accidents for views and then have a good cry on camera later to make her seem like a sweet, genuine person.

The sad but simple fact of the matter is that she never cared about safety much to begin with, but now injuries equal more clicks and more money from the vlogs. While I don't think she wants them to be seriously injured, it now comes with a silver lining, so she'll continue to be lax on safety and then play the concerned "accidents happen" mother card later.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

The no helmet thing is so strange to me. Trust me, I'm no saint about helmets, when I studied abroad in copenhagen I didn't wear one but I always did as a kid and even as an adult in California. In California it's a law that anyone under 18, biking in public have to wear a helmet. I tried to see if Utah has the same thing but it only showed up for motorcycles.
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

Scar2016 wrote:
sunflower928 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:Ref Boston, he is as sharp as a button and is as quietly observant as an owl when watching him in the vlogs. I would not be surprised that he's worked out exactly what compliments to make in order to keep Bonnie's need of adulation alive and buoyant, and it's become a more regular occurrence from him in recent vlogs. My younger brother was barely much older than Boston and was able to figure out this exact same thing with a mother of similar character.
I'm confused by this post. You think Boston is dumb?
No, the opposite. He strikes me (and I think a lot of us here) as an emotionally intelligent and aware child, hence the above post. He is an observer in life as well as a participator. I know many folk who underestimate a child's ability, either emotionally or intellectually, so it's fascinating to visually watch Boston's face and his little forehead frown in contemplation while he processes certain thoughts and emotions and then to watch his conclusion via verbal output.
The term sharp as a button means dumb......buttons are round. That's why your pay confused me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
winniewise wrote:Did any one else get the impression that Lincoln was not in a car seat on the way to the hospital? When hey we're telling the story, Joel said "I held him and Bonnie drove".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The hospital is right across the street, so I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm not even mad at that, surprisingly. I would probably do the same especially if the hospital is right there and my baby was bleeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

sunflower928 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
sunflower928 wrote: I'm confused by this post. You think Boston is dumb?
The term sharp as a button means dumb......buttons are round. That's why your pay confused me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I think op got phrases mixed up. Sharp as a tack, bright as a button. Both mean clever and smart.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alym0326 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
winniewise wrote:Did any one else get the impression that Lincoln was not in a car seat on the way to the hospital? When hey we're telling the story, Joel said "I held him and Bonnie drove".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The hospital is right across the street, so I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm not even mad at that, surprisingly. I would probably do the same especially if the hospital is right there and my baby was bleeding.

That's why I Googled it. I was trying to think what I would do in that situation, and proximity to the hospital was a big factor.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
alym0326 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: The hospital is right across the street, so I wouldn't be surprised.

That's why I Googled it. I was trying to think what I would do in that situation, and proximity to the hospital was a big factor.
If it had been any farther, I would have still strapped him in and sat in back. Panicky driving worrying about your kid is going to increase the chances of an accident and make a real tragedy more likely. But just across the street? OK.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Ummm....can we just take a second. I cannot handle the cuteness! Soooo adorable. He's been looking more grown up lately! <3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Too CUTE!! Overload!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
123789s
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 123789s »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Ummm....can we just take a second. I cannot handle the cuteness! Soooo adorable. He's been looking more grown up lately! <3

Perfect mixture of Cody and Boston
mountaingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mountaingirl »

i cant get threw one of her vlogs without getting pissed, she feeds her kids horribley and theyre always sick or hurt
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Funnily enough I actually thought that for Bonnie, she handled the whole Lincoln incident really well. I don't think she could have prevented the accident really (maybe I'm wrong), I also probably would have picked up my child and held him in my arms to a hospital close by (especially since heads bleed a lot and it would have been pretty scary), and actually I thought the drama could have been worse. It was bad, yes, but for them, I was just impressed they didn't scramble around for the camera the moment he hit his head! Sorry, that sounds mean, but after the Olivia tongue thing (much less serious, I know) and various other injuries caught on film, I was fully expecting it, to be honest. Anyway, the two things I didn't like were the thumbs up to make Lincoln feel better comment, and of course the fact that the very next day they're all cavorting around the city on their bikes with no helmets. So scary to even watch! But still, after all this, I do enjoy watching Bonnie and appreciate a lot about the way she parents her kids- who are all super cute and kind and feisty and just plain lovely. So, there's that...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I wonder if they (Bonnie, Chad, Lincoln) have that gap between their teeth because of an upper lip tie?
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I wonder if they (Bonnie, Chad, Lincoln) have that gap between their teeth because of an upper lip tie?
Are you referring to the space between their two front teeth? I'm pretty sure that's hereditary. I have a gap between my teeth and so does my mother.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

mountaingirl wrote:i cant get threw one of her vlogs without getting pissed, she feeds her kids horribley and theyre always sick or hurt
Yes, I'm really trying to suspend my judgment on the nutrition/food thing, but I can't believe the amount of sugar that they eat. I am honestly not a nutrition freak, but this is alarming to me. Lincoln chowing down on an oreo, constant candy, sugary drinks, sugary cereals, rarely anything green unless it's green apple flavoured skittles or twizzlers or ring pops, or something like that! It makes me a little sad. There's so much to like about these parents, but the smart food choices seem to be lacking...
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:I wonder if they (Bonnie, Chad, Lincoln) have that gap between their teeth because of an upper lip tie?
Did Bonnie ever mention having a lip tie when Lincoln got his fixed?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Lip ties can also be hereditary. My son has one and a gap between his teeth and so does my mom. My son actually ripped his a few weeks ago when he fell down and no longer had it. lol but the gap remains.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”