Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

As someone else mentioned, the fact that they sort of got caught makes me think it's totally normal for them to do this. Maybe it's normal in Alabama, but if I saw an unattended child in a car I'd call 911. You can even legally break a window to save an endangered child or pet here in Florida.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

It's not normal to leave your kid in car while you sit down to dinner with your entire family. Especially in hot Alabama or Florida. You'd think at-least one of the six adults would refuse to let it happen. I wonder if anyone saw her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

It is total bullshit they left Gaines in the car. Total bullshit. No excuse for it at all.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

The thing I'm starting to wonder about vloggers as more and more incidents happen, is just what do they decide now to show us? If questionable things make the cut (rubbing a baby's bottom on their cheek, not getting prompt medical attention when needed, sleeping unattended in the car, throwing kids around, testing kids around pools, driving without proper safety seats, etc), then they obviously don't think its an issue. What are they censoring?

That's actually a scary thought. I knew E&J and DB had issues, but I at least thought C&K were right there with us in questioning how some vloggers parent. Guess not.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I'm sure they'll make snide, passive aggressive comments in the vlog tomorrow addressing everyone who dared to criticize them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I'm sure they'll make snide, passive aggressive comments in the vlog tomorrow addressing everyone who dared to criticize them.
Yep. I can hear it now. I will be very surprised if they are nice about it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

I really can't believe what I saw, and heard--"Hopefully she won't wake up right now because it will be a little hard to go get Gaines in the rain right now!" What? Really? I mean the odds of something bad happening were not very high, but to be so casual about it and to think Facetime (which could have lost its connection at any time for any reason) is appropriate supervision is baffling. I really like C&K but this was not okay.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I went back and watched the video again. They were eating on the patio, Gaines was asleep in the car, most patios are right by the parking lot. They then were brought inside due to the rain and they showed Cullen holding Gaines. So were they right there? How close was she?

Is it ok, absolutely not? Would I have done it, absolutely not? Although I don't think it is as bad as I was first thinking.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I went back and watched the video again. They were eating on the patio, Gaines was asleep in the car, most patios are right by the parking lot. They then were brought inside due to the rain and they showed Cullen holding Gaines. So were they right there? How close was she?

Is it ok, absolutely not? Would I have done it, absolutely not? Although I don't think it is as bad as I was first thinking.
They were eating out there for 5 seconds of the vlog before moving inside, Katie then said they had her on FaceTime and hoped she wouldn't wake up. Wtf...I couldn't tell though how long they were inside before getting her and whether they had their food yet or not or how long they had been inside.They didn't show the table. Either way I wouldn't leave her in the car by herself for any amount of time.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:I went back and watched the video again. They were eating on the patio, Gaines was asleep in the car, most patios are right by the parking lot. They then were brought inside due to the rain and they showed Cullen holding Gaines. So were they right there? How close was she?

If they were right by the patio, then I agree this wasn't that bad. The second they were moved inside though, they should have got Gaines. I hope it was faster than it seemed.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The patio seating is more like a corridor. You can get a good view of it in Jay and Kelley's video. Their car wasn't in sight. It was raining when they got there. It was dumb to sit on the patio anyway.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

Even if they were on the patio by the car, doesn't matter. No way could any of them there move fast enough if something happened. Anything! A car could have crashed into their parked car! Anything could have happened and I'm sorry, but that's negligence.

beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

If this were DB we would not be trying to make it be not bad! It only takes a second for things to happen, why take a risk with your child?

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

beautynoob wrote:If this were DB we would not be trying to make it be not bad! It only takes a second for things to happen, why take a risk with your child?

B&M are getting trashed for taking their kids to Disney World this week. There would be absolutely no excuses if they'd done this.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

whys0seri0us wrote:Even if they were on the patio by the car, doesn't matter. No way could any of them there move fast enough if something happened. Anything! A car could have crashed into their parked car! Anything could have happened and I'm sorry, but that's negligence.

Oh, but parking lots are perfectly safe! He drove with Brooks in front of him in the Home Depot parking lot. Nothing could ever happen in a parking lot!
What if some drunk was speeding around the parking lot, in the rain, and smashed into the car? My niece had her car totaled just sitting in a parking lot.
I have to wonder what we don't see and what's edited out. They show us what they want us to see. People were just talking in the DB thread about how their vlogs make it look like Missy carried Finn the whole day at Disney World, but in the vlogs their paid companions made (Carl and Jinger) she's mostly on her phone and other people are carrying him. I don't think they're bad parents, or neglectful. Just that they are getting more lazy and their judgement is getting more questionable in the hunt for the elusive 500K subscribers.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:Even if they were on the patio by the car, doesn't matter. No way could any of them there move fast enough if something happened. Anything! A car could have crashed into their parked car! Anything could have happened and I'm sorry, but that's negligence.

Oh, but parking lots are perfectly safe! He drove with Brooks in front of him in the Home Depot parking lot. Nothing could ever happen in a parking lot!
What if some drunk was speeding around the parking lot, in the rain, and smashed into the car? My niece had her car totaled just sitting in a parking lot.
I have to wonder what we don't see and what's edited out. They show us what they want us to see. People were just talking in the DB thread about how their vlogs make it look like Missy carried Finn the whole day at Disney World, but in the vlogs their paid companions made (Carl and Jinger) she's mostly on her phone and other people are carrying him. I don't think they're bad parents, or neglectful. Just that they are getting more lazy and their judgement is getting more questionable in the hunt for the elusive 500K subscribers.

*Raises hand.

I'll admit it, I think they are bad parents and neglectful. Sure its not in a CPS is going to take their children away sort of way, but they aren't emotionally engaged with their child in any healthy manner, and don't seem overly concerned about their health and well-being.

A child left alone to watch tv 90% of the time is fairly neglected. Finding their toddler wandering around outside alone in an area that has poisonous snakes is dangerous, or left in wet diapers most of the time because it takes so much effort to change them. The fact that they live in a nice house and take the kids on vacation doesn't make them that much better than the trashier vloggers that shop at Walmart, live in rental housing and also ignore/neglect their children. Maybe the kids aren't neglected in a dangerous way, but they are 100% ignored and considered an afterthought to their social media/iPhone obsessed parents.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

beautynoob wrote:If this were DB we would not be trying to make it be not bad! It only takes a second for things to happen, why take a risk with your child?

Nope. My opinion would be the same. I think leaving her in the car was a terrible idea, but there is a big difference between her being out of sight and within it. My opinion on this has nothing to do with how much I like C&K or DB, and everything to do with how I would perceive the situation if I saw it in real life. I would side-eye parents that have left their child feet away while they sit on the patio, but I would be alarmed to find a child alone with no parents to be found.

FaceTime isn't the same as in sight... not unless you are on a controlled area and it's just a precaution, not a safety measure.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

You mean DB, right? I meant that I don't think C&K are bad parents or neglectful. Just that generally what we _see_ leads us to think they're good parents, but they seem to be getting lazier and more intent on the "performance" aspect of teaching Gaines (at least Cullen is) "Gaines, say this! Say that! Sing the whole song!" With this though, I wonder a bit what we don't see, and what bad decisions they edit out, especially since they seemed to think this was NBD.
I definitely think Bryan and Missy are bad parents.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

I honestly think that reason they mentioned it was because Cullen told her to tell them. I sure hope no law officials watch their vlogs. I say that, and
Jay
is a lawyer

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I would never leave my child alone in the car, especially in Florida.
And when Cullen was holding her in the restaurant, he said something about her being asleep "forever", so I would not be surprised if they left her in the car for an hour. He probably only went to get her because his phone's battery was dying.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”