Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

They were there for a while before they brought her inside. In Jay and Kelley's vlog you see that they'd sat outside and had bread at the table before they moved. Once they were moved inside, the table they gave them didn't have enough seats. They'd already ordered and food was being delivered to the table. Gaines wasn't there at that point. They cut to another scene and they're sitting at a different table. Katie is holding Gaines while she slept and it looked like everyone was done eating at the point. I think the phone probably died too. It had to be dark outside during some of the time they were inside. Could they even see her on the phone at that point?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Baconsgirl wrote:I honestly think that reason they mentioned it was because Cullen told her to tell them. I sure hope no law officials watch their vlogs. I say that, and
Jay
is a lawyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently, the law is fairly ambiguous. The state would have the burden of proof that she was "unsupervised", and that "harm had come to her" as a result of being left. At least, that's what this lawyer website says. (I'm bored tonight, lol) They could make a case that she wasn't "unsupervised" because they were watching her on the phone. NOT defending their decision. Just saying that they could weasel out of any legal repercussions if they did get in trouble for it.
http://www.andrewdstine.com/in-florida- ... t-illegal/

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

ewokfan11 wrote:As someone else mentioned, the fact that they sort of got caught makes me think it's totally normal for them to do this. Maybe it's normal in Alabama, but if I saw an unattended child in a car I'd call 911. You can even legally break a window to save an endangered child or pet here in Florida.
Katie: ''OK, and Gaines is in the car asleep, we've got her on face time (shows Gaines on her phone asleep in the car). She fell asleep on the way here, so we are watching her and hopefully she will not wake up right now because it would be a little bit hard to go get her, Gaines, in the rain right now.'' <--- The mother who was balling on a livestream a mere couple of weeks ago on finding the pregnancy tests of her two miscarried babies. Right. Got it.

Bennett: ''Is she still sleeping?''
Katie: ''Yes.''

Jay: ''Is she awake?''
Katie: ''No, I'm hoping that she will stay asleep.'' So you can stuff your face in peace and not have to get wet to go get her out of the car. Right. Got it.

Next scene is:
From 8:42 mins - 9:05 mins you can tell that Grandolly was real angry that Gaines was left outside in the car and Grandoc said something to her about it but it's too loud in the restaurant to hear what he said (can anyone lip read?). Cullen is filming from across the table and someone must have said something to Grandolly along the lines of ''What's wrong?'' because she replies ''It's Gaines'' with a pissed off expression. The scene cuts and @ 9:06 mins you see Katie standing up and at the restaurant entrance with a pissed off look of ''I've been told off'' and damn right too. Thank god someone in that group had some sense.

Personal: I called the police here in the UK on a neighbor who left her (able to walk) sleeping 18 month old in the car on the road outside her house, with the car engine still running and the doors unlocked. I knew there was no point in knocking on the woman's door because she was an aggressive sort who verbally abused both that child and her four year old on the daily, calling them disgusting names etc. but I also knew I couldn't do nothing. I stood at the window and kept watch on the car until the police came out, took the car details with the child still asleep in it and went and spoke to the mother. I genuinely hope that that was enough of a scare that she has never done it again. If anyone wants to call me a busy body I really don't care and I would do the exact same thing again.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:You mean DB, right? I meant that I don't think C&K are bad parents or neglectful. Just that generally what we _see_ leads us to think they're good parents, but they seem to be getting lazier and more intent on the "performance" aspect of teaching Gaines (at least Cullen is) "Gaines, say this! Say that! Sing the whole song!" With this though, I wonder a bit what we don't see, and what bad decisions they edit out, especially since they seemed to think this was NBD.
I definitely think Bryan and Missy are bad parents.
Talking about Gaines_sing_the_whole_song, if you slow down the scene at the end of the vlog, where Gaines has been instructed to SING THE WHOLE THING by Cullen, to 0.25 speed (@11:48 - 11:52 mins) there are some interesting expressions going Cullen's way from Katie and Grandoc.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote: Next scene is:
From 8:42 mins - 9:05 mins you can tell that Grandolly was real angry that Gaines was left outside in the car and Grandoc says @ 8:49 min Grandoc ''It's ok, it's ok, it's ok'' to Grandolly whilst trying to reassure her with his hand rubbing her back. Then leans in to say ''Should we holler, or if you do it.'' Then Grandolly nod's subtly. At this point she looks at the camera/Cullen across the table and says ''It's Gaines.'' The scene cuts and @ 9:06 mins you see Katie standing up and at the restaurant entrance with a pissed off look of ''I've been told off'' and damn right too. Thank god someone in that group had some sense.
Apologies for multiple posts but went back to watch the above scene several times on 0.5 and 0.75 speed and added the above dialogue of what I think Grandoc said about the Gaines car situation.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I still think it's incredibly negligent, no matter how close they were. And there was absolutely a span of time where they were inside without her, even though they showed a bad storm blowing things around on the patio.

Plus, it was just dinner. They could have arrived late, or taken turns sitting in the car, or just woken the poor kid up because it was probably too late for her to nap and too early to sleep anyway. How does eating become top priority over watching your kid?

Having two miscarriages makes them so emotional that it's impossible to clean their house, but not even the possible dangers of their child overheating, being kidnapped, getting hit by another car, or being terrified to wake up alone in a bad storm will stop them from eating dinner!
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

lmmomSD wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:I honestly think that reason they mentioned it was because Cullen told her to tell them. I sure hope no law officials watch their vlogs. I say that, and
Jay
is a lawyer

Apparently, the law is fairly ambiguous. The state would have the burden of proof that she was "unsupervised", and that "harm had come to her" as a result of being left. At least, that's what this lawyer website says. (I'm bored tonight, lol) They could make a case that she wasn't "unsupervised" because they were watching her on the phone. NOT defending their decision. Just saying that they could weasel out of any legal repercussions if they did get in trouble for it.
http://www.andrewdstine.com/in-florida- ... t-illegal/

I looked at the temperature from Thursday. It was in the 70's at 6 o'clock. It was still bright out when they got to the restaurant, so I assume they were there around this time. The temp inside a car can increase by 40 degrees within an hour. Based on Kelley and Jay's video, we can assume she was inside the car for atleast an hour. I don't think having her on face time would help them get out of trouble. They could see her, but they had no way of knowing the temperature inside the car. She was in danger.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I'm really interested to see if they address it in today's vlog. Especially after seeing what the JK vlog shows. As of this morning they haven't replied to any comments about it. Hoping they don't end today's vlog with a long winded excuse as to why they left her, and just straight up say they were in the wrong and thank the subscribers for bringing it to their attention.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:I'm really interested to see if they address it in today's vlog. Especially after seeing what the JK vlog shows. As of this morning they haven't replied to any comments about it. Hoping they don't end today's vlog with a long winded excuse as to why they left her, and just straight up say they were in the wrong and thank the subscribers for bringing it to their attention.

I'm not hopeful. I think they will either ignore it or be sarcastic. Unless Granddolly really made them feel bad. She could make them feel badly, I don't think commenters will. Remember feeding the ducks bread? The way they handled that was the next time they went, they showed a huge loaf of bread, and said, "We have our duck.food! Haha, just kidding" and went on about people freaking out about feeding ducks bread. And that wasn't even as big a deal. They aren't used to negative comments.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
askeptichere wrote:I'm really interested to see if they address it in today's vlog. Especially after seeing what the JK vlog shows. As of this morning they haven't replied to any comments about it. Hoping they don't end today's vlog with a long winded excuse as to why they left her, and just straight up say they were in the wrong and thank the subscribers for bringing it to their attention.

I'm not hopeful. I think they will either ignore it or be sarcastic. Unless Granddolly really made them feel bad. She could make them feel badly, I don't think commenters will. Remember feeding the ducks bread? The way they handled that was the next time they went, they showed a huge loaf of bread, and said, "We have our duck.food! Haha, just kidding" and went on about people freaking out about feeding ducks bread. And that wasn't even as big a deal. They aren't used to negative comments.

I'm not expecting it either, but hopefully they take their daughter's safety more seriously than the wellbeing of ducks. I feel like if they try to joke about the car incident at ALL they are going to lose the respect of a lot of their adult subscribers.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think in this instance, Grandolly is who made Katie feel bad (thank goodness), because she seemed to be the only person at the table that wasn't happy about it, hence what her and Grandoc said in their private moment (and out of earshot) about speaking up. I honestly think if they weren't present Gaines would have remained in the car until she either woke up or everyone left the restaurant.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I'm not expecting it either, but hopefully they take their daughter's safety more seriously than the wellbeing of ducks. I feel like if they try to joke about the car incident at ALL they are going to lose the respect of a lot of their adult subscribers.

I hope so too. I just used the ducks because it was something I could think of. Naturally Gaines' safety is more important than some ducks.
In general though, they aren't used to negative comments. They don't get many. So from what I've seen, when they do, Katie doesn't really respond, and Cullen gets sarcastic and defensive.
We'll see!

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

No mention at all in today's vlog. Just another stupid waxing prank. They didn't want to ruin the possibility of all the views it would get.

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I think their videos are a day behind, so if they talk about it, it will be tomorrow.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Totally ignored it. Even talked about commenting on IG and vlogs, and completely ignored the elephant in the room.
I have no sympathy for Cullen. It's called sunscreen. Katie even said he goes without. After the waxing, he should have put a shirt on, because the first layer of skin got peeled off.
I am a little surprised that they got random kids from the beach, and just asked _them_ if they minded being on YouTube of course they don't. If I hadn't seen a parent type later, I would have really side eyed it. But I guess he was OK with it.
And just one little thing: at the beginning, why did he add music, when there was all the noise in the living room to begin with? It was really distracting.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Anyone else notice Cullen just HAD to throw in the clip of him playing tennis without a shirt on, when just yesterday someone on here mentioned that there's a dress code for men playing tennis on the community courts?

sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

:roll: Probably opening myself up to criticism, but I really don't think it was that terrible what they did. It was bad judgment, but I think people are blowing it out of proportion. I can't imagine that she had been in the car for too long, especially with Granddolly being upset about it. There are too many variables and what ifs that are being thrown around. Nobody knew how long she'd been in there. Nobody crashed into or stole the car. Nobody called the police. Nothing bad happened with it and people are going to carry on in the comments about this.
I don't think this was anything horrible, personally. They left their sleeping child in an air conditioned car, while facetiming and watching her.

However, I do think they're naive. I think they left her because they didn't think anything of it. If they'd thought it was unsafe, I'm sure they wouldn't have done it. But they were in a situation where they felt comfortable letting Gaines sleep alone in a car. I don't think they thought of all the things that could've happened. Naive yes, but neglectful parenting; no.

Still, they should have addressed comments in today's vlog. They're not going to stop until they do, or they'll lose subs, for sure. And the prank videos do get old fast.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

sataninwonderland wrote::roll: Probably opening myself up to criticism, but I really don't think it was that terrible what they did. It was bad judgment, but I think people are blowing it out of proportion. I can't imagine that she had been in the car for too long, especially with Granddolly being upset about it. There are too many variables and what ifs that are being thrown around. Nobody knew how long she'd been in there. Nobody crashed into or stole the car. Nobody called the police. Nothing bad happened with it and people are going to carry on in the comments about this.
I don't think this was anything horrible, personally. They left their sleeping child in an air conditioned car, while facetiming and watching her.

However, I do think they're naive. I think they left her because they didn't think anything of it. If they'd thought it was unsafe, I'm sure they wouldn't have done it. But they were in a situation where they felt comfortable letting Gaines sleep alone in a car. I don't think they thought of all the things that could've happened. Naive yes, but neglectful parenting; no.

Still, they should have addressed comments in today's vlog. They're not going to stop until they do, or they'll lose subs, for sure. And the prank videos do get old fast.
I agree 100%

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Just one more thing: how wasteful was it to leave a big ass car like that running with the a/c on? Did they actually say they left the engine running? Because I don't want to re-watch, and I have seen comments saying that the car could have gotten hot, meaning that it was off, and that it was running with the a/c on, which is incredibly wasteful if true. Carbon footprint? Who cares? We're going to be dead when the polar ice caps melt!

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:Just one more thing: how wasteful was it to leave a big ass car like that running with the a/c on? Did they actually say they left the engine running? Because I don't want to re-watch, and I have seen comments saying that the car could have gotten hot, meaning that it was off, and that it was running with the a/c on, which is incredibly wasteful if true. Carbon footprint? Who cares? We're going to be dead when the polar ice caps melt!

I hope they didn't leave it running. That is something specifically stated in the Florida law. The car must not be running and no longer than 15 minutes. Also couldn't someone just jump in it and drive off? Their FaceTime wouldn't be able to stop that.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”