Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

CelticRain
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by CelticRain »

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I think Bonnie definitely wears the pants. When they were talking about why they chose to go now in yesterday's vlog he went to give his opinion and she quickly shut him down after a sentence or so. Maybe in order to avoid him saying something people would further criticize? You could tell he had a thought and wanted to get it out but she wasn't having it. She quickly changed the subject and interrupted with her finishing the conversation. He was just in the clip to smile and nod his head in agreement with Bonnie.

I wonder if we were to ask Joel what he would've rather spent the money on his business he's been planning or this trip what his answer would be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Just yesterday Bonnie was "new money" and was throwing it around by going to Hawaii. Today, Ellie must have paid for the trip and she's probably surprised by the expensive prices in restaurants. Sorry, but no. This makes no sense. Bonnie has less expenses than E&J, doesn't share with a network, and makes close to what they do. She can afford to go to Hawaii, we have no reason to believe that Ellie paid for her trip last time. Even if she did because she desperately needed a family companion (ok, that sounds plausible) Bonnie was still at the restaurants and saw the menus.

I agree they will probably be gone 2 weeks longer than they would have otherwise liked, but the reaching is a bit much. Someone is going to get hurt.

I tell my husband he should try something all the time. Its simply because I know what he'll love! It's not controlling unless Bonnie is actually speaking for and placing the order for him. Sounds like a suggestion to me.

Did Bonnie say she was going to convince Joel stay 2 months recently? I heard her say it months ago, so I would assume booking for 1 month would mean Joel actually won.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

BadWolf wrote:
Joel doesn't have to be screaming "OMG SO MUCH FUNNNNN" like his buddy Jared for him to be having a good time. He has never been like that, and neither has Boston. They are processors, they sit back and analyze for the most part, and come out of their shell here and there. Mostly though, they are calm and quiet. That doesn't mean they aren't happy, or having a good time. I agree it took Boston a while to feel comfortable, but theres no doubting by the end of the vlog that he was in heaven playing in the waves! Joel may be in shock from the traffic, or the prices, or just feeling emotional watching his daughter play in the ocean (which he even said). The trip may suck eventually, but for now they are having a great time. They spent all that money on this dream vacation, so I hope it is a dream for them. Seems weird to sit here and hope for them to have a terrible vacation :?
Hmmm how about you relax and take my comment for merely what it was which was clearly a joke??
I never mentioned wanting these people to have a bad time in Hawaï. You are acting as if you have ever interact with Joel and Boston or if you know them personally.
I think Bonnie knows her husband pretty well and for her to mention that he is being quiet and asking if he is having a good time meant that she was worried because Joel was being unusually quiet which means that he is probably thinking a lot about something and that's is why I made the joke guessing that maybe the reality of this month long vacation is setting in for him. I really don't know how you get that I was wishing them a bad time from that comment??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

menehune wrote:Just yesterday Bonnie was "new money" and was throwing it around by going to Hawaii. Today, Ellie must have paid for the trip and she's probably surprised by the expensive prices in restaurants. Sorry, but no. This makes no sense. Bonnie has less expenses than E&J, doesn't share with a network, and makes close to what they do. She can afford to go to Hawaii, we have no reason to believe that Ellie paid for her trip last time. Even if she did because she desperately needed a family companion (ok, that sounds plausible) Bonnie was still at the restaurants and saw the menus.

I agree they will probably be gone 2 weeks longer than they would have otherwise liked, but the reaching is a bit much. Someone is going to get hurt.

I tell my husband he should try something all the time. Its simply because I know what he'll love! It's not controlling unless Bonnie is actually speaking for and placing the order for him. Sounds like a suggestion to me.

Did Bonnie say she was going to convince Joel stay 2 months recently? I heard her say it months ago, so I would assume booking for 1 month would mean Joel actually won.
Honestly, I just think Joel is more frugal and responsible with $$$ than Bonnie. Joel was OBVIOUSLY the bread-winner of the family before YT took off. I'm sure he is the one who pays the bills. Bonnie is dumb as a rock and I doubt she really understands much about finances...not trying to be mean, it's just how MORMON families work.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

menehune wrote:Just yesterday Bonnie was "new money" and was throwing it around by going to Hawaii. Today, Ellie must have paid for the trip and she's probably surprised by the expensive prices in restaurants. Sorry, but no. This makes no sense. Bonnie has less expenses than E&J, doesn't share with a network, and makes close to what they do. She can afford to go to Hawaii, we have no reason to believe that Ellie paid for her trip last time. Even if she did because she desperately needed a family companion (ok, that sounds plausible) Bonnie was still at the restaurants and saw the menus.

I did say maybe I was projecting. That is why I said it. Because I know that something that makes me twitch might just be me filtering what Bonnie is saying through my experience. I do think she wears the pants, but it seems to work for them. I don't think Joel is unhappy. He's known Bonnie forever. He knew what he was getting when he married her, and he seems content.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

lmmomSD wrote:

I did say maybe I was projecting. That is why I said it. Because I know that something that makes me twitch might just be me filtering what Bonnie is saying through my experience. I do think she wears the pants, but it seems to work for them. I don't think Joel is unhappy. He's known Bonnie forever. He knew what he was getting when he married her, and he seems content.

I appreciate your calm and measured response to my post :D I don't understand why that can't happen more often on this board. Someone disagrees and it becomes an absolute shit storm where people need to relax.

Everyone can have an opinion. It actually sounds like everyone agrees a month is too long. Two would have been impulsive and insane! I'm glad Joel appears to have won that one. Regardless they are there now and I really do hope they all have a great time.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

Jennthelurker wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
Joel doesn't have to be screaming "OMG SO MUCH FUNNNNN" like his buddy Jared for him to be having a good time. He has never been like that, and neither has Boston. They are processors, they sit back and analyze for the most part, and come out of their shell here and there. Mostly though, they are calm and quiet. That doesn't mean they aren't happy, or having a good time. I agree it took Boston a while to feel comfortable, but theres no doubting by the end of the vlog that he was in heaven playing in the waves! Joel may be in shock from the traffic, or the prices, or just feeling emotional watching his daughter play in the ocean (which he even said). The trip may suck eventually, but for now they are having a great time. They spent all that money on this dream vacation, so I hope it is a dream for them. Seems weird to sit here and hope for them to have a terrible vacation :?
Hmmm how about you relax and take my comment for merely what it was which was clearly a joke??
I never mentioned wanting these people to have a bad time in Hawaï. You are acting as if you have ever interact with Joel and Boston or if you know them personally.
I think Bonnie knows her husband pretty well and for her to mention that he is being quiet and asking if he is having a good time meant that she was worried because Joel was being unusually quiet which means that he is probably thinking a lot about something and that's is why I made the joke guessing that maybe the reality of this month long vacation is setting in for him. I really don't know how you get that I was wishing them a bad time from that comment??

I don't know Joel or Boston, but this has been discussed about their personality many times on this board. I also do know myself, and know I can be quiet which causes my husband to have to ask questions as to what emotion I'm feeling. I could be wrong, but I read that same dynamic between them.

There were a few comments that almost seemed as though they were gleeful at the idea that B&J may not be having the best time and this is what inspired my comment. Your "ROFL" at Joel seeming quiet did trigger me to post though, but it wasn't just your comment. There don't seem to be too many LIKES on the comments saying they are at least glad the kids are having a good time though..

But I have voiced my opinion, you have yours. No one needs to relax. It's cool.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

BadWolf wrote:
I don't know Joel or Boston, but this has been discussed about their personality many times on this board. I also do know myself, and know I can be quiet which causes my husband to have to ask questions as to what emotion I'm feeling. I could be wrong, but I read that same dynamic between them.

There were a few comments that almost seemed as though they were gleeful at the idea that B&J may not be having the best time and this is what inspired my comment. Your "ROFL" at Joel seeming quiet did trigger me to post though, but it wasn't just your comment. There don't seem to be too many LIKES on the comments saying they are at least glad the kids are having a good time though..

But I have voiced my opinion, you have yours. No one needs to relax. It's cool.
Fair enough but I added the emoji to kind of say that I was joking. I did not like that you took it as I was wishing them a bad time bc that's something I will never do.
I like Bonnie and my only problem with this trip is that it's may get boring after a while.

I think everyone would have been really happy and not critical if Bonnie took 2 weeks out of the kids summer vacation to spend in Hawaï.

Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

AutumnLane wrote: I wonder if we were to ask Joel what he would've rather spent the money on his business he's been planning or this trip what his answer would be?
Joel isn't planning any business. Every time he mentions he's interested in something, people like to assume he's opening a business, but they said they have no plans other than YouTube.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

My bad...I may have missed an update regarding that. Last I remember they were saying he had something in the works with a laundry mat. He always dreamed of owning a business etc. Wasn't trying to assume I was going based on what they spoke about in that update few months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

People assume Joel is interested in buying a business because he himself has said that, even saying a laundromat or a car wash would be interesting. They said recently that You Tube won't be around forever, and that Joel might start something eventually. There hasn't been an update to the contrary. If YT becomes there focus that doesn't mean Joel can't invest in a business with someone else. With his back it would probably be a bad idea for him to expect to start one alone anyway.

I for one like that Bonnie at least acknowledged YT might not be a forever thing, because it gives me hope that maybe they aren't setting up a lifestyle they can't afford long term. I don't get this impression from many other You Tubers (except maybe Ruby).
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I'm so jealous they are in Hawaii. I am DYING to go, but from Australia it is very expensive

I think after 2 weeks they might start re-evaluating their decision to stay for 2 months. That's a very long time to be away from home and i think the kids will start to get homesick despite the fact that they're having a really good time. This is their first major vacation as a family and I think they let the excitement get to their heads a little. I can't believe they're away for a month and only staying in the one place.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

ewokfan11 wrote:

Honestly, I just think Joel is more frugal and responsible with $$$ than Bonnie. Joel was OBVIOUSLY the bread-winner of the family before YT took off. I'm sure he is the one who pays the bills. Bonnie is dumb as a rock and I doubt she really understands much about finances...not trying to be mean, it's just how MORMON families work.
I would think it would be Joel paying the bills as well, but I remember Bonnie once filmed herself in the kitchen on the phone paying bills. So it seems as though she is the one that handles the finances.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

staceybrax wrote:I'm so jealous they are in Hawaii. I am DYING to go, but from Australia it is very expensive Image

I think after 2 weeks they might start re-evaluating their decision to stay for 2 months. That's a very long time to be away from home and i think the kids will start to get homesick despite the fact that they're having a really good time. This is their first major vacation as a family and I think they let the excitement get to their heads a little. I can't believe they're away for a month and only staying in the one place.

Especially when they were bummed out their first full day there about traffic and parking. When Bonnie was there with"the girls", were they doing Uber and hotel shuttles everywhere? She seemed so surprised about the parking.
I kinda hope they go to the Arizona Memorial, but I also think that the kids might be too young for it to really sink in and for them to get much out of it. I was actually glad Bryan and Missy didn't go, because I just couldn't have handled a Bryan montage with dramatic music for effect, knowing that he probably doesn't even really care. Joel I think _would_ care though.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I'm so jealous they are in Hawaii. I am DYING to go, but from Australia it is very expensive Image

Especially when they were bummed out their first full day there about traffic and parking. When Bonnie was there with"the girls", were they doing Uber and hotel shuttles everywhere? She seemed so surprised about the parking.
I kinda hope they go to the Arizona Memorial, but I also think that the kids might be too young for it to really sink in and for them to get much out of it. I was actually glad Bryan and Missy didn't go, because I just couldn't have handled a Bryan montage with dramatic music for effect, knowing that he probably doesn't even really care. Joel I think _would_ care though.

I agree about the Arizona Memorial. I had this thought earlier and then the thread changed so I forgot to post. I don't feel it's appropriate for small children for two reasons. 1. They should only go if they are able to remain quiet and respectful, and 2. That's some pretty heavy content for children to understand. We've seen how sensitive Cody and Olivia can be to other people's feelings. I don't think they are old enough yet.
pendleton
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pendleton »

I wonder if any educational discussions and footage we may see will be a result of their video comments or were pre-planned. We'll never know...

Also, I remember Bonnie doing homework with Olivia (that darned telling time one....Ohhhh!) and Joel with Cody in their last pre-Hawaii vlog. Maybe they were cramming all of the worksheets in during the day(s) before the trip so it's all done for weeks now.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

IceCreamCone wrote:People assume Joel is interested in buying a business because he himself has said that, even saying a laundromat or a car wash would be interesting. They said recently that You Tube won't be around forever, and that Joel might start something eventually. There hasn't been an update to the contrary. If YT becomes there focus that doesn't mean Joel can't invest in a business with someone else. With his back it would probably be a bad idea for him to expect to start one alone anyway.

I for one like that Bonnie at least acknowledged YT might not be a forever thing, because it gives me hope that maybe they aren't setting up a lifestyle they can't afford long term. I don't get this impression from many other You Tubers (except maybe Ruby).
I thought there hasnt been an update either. I was under the impression 1) Bonnie acknowledged the fact that youtube isnt forever, 2) Joel wanted to create a back up plan in case youtube doesnt work out 3) they'll be going from 3 days a week to 5. I dont remember them saying anything else. I think they have demonstrated especially during the remodel how thankful they were for their youtube being successful to be able to afford a long awaited remodel. I felt she was sincere in her gratitude. I think they're pretty good with their money, unlike most youtubers. This trip is the first big "NEW MONEY" everyone is talking about here. I dont think it's a bad thing. I dont think this will be a quarterly vacation/expense like the bumps. Thats why Im not opposed to them going away for a month. Joel worked so hard always, they always talk about how they had hard times in the beginning of their marriage, like anyone does, and living in a small space with a baby is hard. I am living it with 3 kids now, and I am not complaining but If i had the money id treat my kids to a life experience type trip, in a place I enjoy. I'd also implement a back up plan because I know id get sick of vlogging and editing all the time.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And feeling like I live in a fishbowl. I guess they've decided the trade-off is worth it, but I can't imagine posting my life every day and having all these people second guessing my decisions and the way I live. I know that it goes with the territory, but yep-- it's one reason I wouldn't vlog!

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Was Bonnie mentioning the Pine trees in today's vlog again a shout out to us?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”