Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

alexandriablue
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by alexandriablue »

Interesting how she went on and on about sunscreen but then blatantly disregards all other matters of safety. I wonder if she ever reapplied it or if it was waterproof. You need to apply it like 30 minutes before exposure and keep reapplying, can't just slap on SPF 70 and think you're good for the day.

I was disappointed that she pulled the kids out of school for so long, BUT selfishly I am happy to be seeing a change of scenery in the vlogs...they had been pretty boring for me lately. I hope they do more than just hang out at the beach and eat fish tacos though...
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by winniewise »

Why do they act so surprised when Lincoln responds to questions? He's just a few months shy of two, answering yes and no questions should pretty common for his age. He is consistently brighter than they give him credit for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

winniewise wrote:Why do they act so surprised when Lincoln responds to questions? He's just a few months shy of two, answering yes and no questions should pretty common for his age. He is consistently brighter than they give him credit for.

I notice Bonnie wants to keep him infantlike as long as possible. Pacifiers, bottles, onsies, and baby sign language all make him look younger than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

winniewise wrote:Why do they act so surprised when Lincoln responds to questions? He's just a few months shy of two, answering yes and no questions should pretty common for his age. He is consistently brighter than they give him credit for.

Ellie posted a picture of Calvin and Lincoln together, and said something about them being 3 months apart. I was stunned! I don't know why I thought Calvin was so much older. They really are trying to extend the baby time with him. And of course he's interested in the world around him. Maybe that's part of the lack of safety concerns. It's like they don't realize he's as mobile as he is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
pendleton
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pendleton »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

I notice Bonnie wants to keep him infantlike as long as possible. Pacifiers, bottles, onsies, and baby sign language all make him look younger than he is.

Totally! In their vlog where the missionaries came over for dinner, Lincoln was so cute sitting at the table with everyone eating from a plate and silverware on his own, not in his usual Bumbo on top of the table being spoonfed. You could tell they had to do this to be formal and make it look more age-appropriate. I know Bonnie doesn't like messes, but helloooo, you had 4 kids and kids, (I mean kidses) are going to be messy.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

It makes me a little sad that Bonnie babies lincoln so much, he's such a bright and expressive little boy and he's clearly very bright. She can't hold him back his whole life.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

staceybrax wrote:It makes me a little sad that Bonnie babies lincoln so much, he's such a bright and expressive little boy and he's clearly very bright. She can't hold him back his whole life.

I think she does this because she feels like she's done having kids. Or at least that's what she thinks for right now. She definitely loves having a baby around, so she's taking every last minute of it.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

alexandriablue wrote:Interesting how she went on and on about sunscreen but then blatantly disregards all other matters of safety. I wonder if she ever reapplied it or if it was waterproof. You need to apply it like 30 minutes before exposure and keep reapplying, can't just slap on SPF 70 and think you're good for the day.
I wonder if it has to do with vanity and not safety? She prides herself on her and her children's appearance regarding their hair being styled, her make up on etc. Red skin just isn't conducive to an 'attractive' appearance. Mind you, neither is a scar on your 19 month old's forehead. Glad to see that Lincoln at least was wearing a decent sunhat.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

Scar2016 wrote:
alexandriablue wrote:Interesting how she went on and on about sunscreen but then blatantly disregards all other matters of safety. I wonder if she ever reapplied it or if it was waterproof. You need to apply it like 30 minutes before exposure and keep reapplying, can't just slap on SPF 70 and think you're good for the day.
I wonder if it has to do with vanity and not safety? She prides herself on her and her children's appearance regarding their hair being styled, her make up on etc. Red skin just isn't conducive to an 'attractive' appearance. Mind you, neither is a scar on your 19 month old's forehead. Glad to see that Lincoln at least was wearing a decent sunhat.
I dunno, ended up working out well for Harry Potter.

I'll excuse myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^LOL. Good point, but he had the 'Holy Trinity' of scar + spectacles + wand. ;)
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Boston's whining is already on my nerves.
kirsti13
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kirsti13 »

I love Bonnie and her adorable family but damn it drives me crazy seeing her constantly kissing Lincoln on the mouth while she has that giant cold sore

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

kirsti13 wrote:I love Bonnie and her adorable family but damn it drives me crazy seeing her constantly kissing Lincoln on the mouth while she has that giant cold sore Image

She's gotta keep it in the family! She can't be the only one who gets them!

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

What happened to today's video?

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Never mind... it suddenly stopped when I was watching and I thought it was deleted. Just a glitch on my end.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

They are making a lot of memories seeing all these beautiful places. The kids are really being pretty good.

I wondered if it was me that has noted Joel's weight since being home is increasing, but it has seeing this last vlog. I am sure his former job was physical and you are moving constantly which makes a difference from being home with slower days or naps in spite of an occasional jog or trip to the gym. Eating out isn't helpful either with larger portions.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

They would have been better off taking Cody & Olivia for 7-10 days and then in a few years taking Boston & Lincoln. Boston was pretty miserable that entire hike, understandably, and anything more difficult would be too much with a stroller. Im sure there are a ton of hikes that would be appropriate for Cody & Olivia to enjoy but they likely wont.

I think this vacation is just too long and too much for a family with such young children. It wont be long before they just spend their days on the beach, which is fun, but a total waste of money. There is SO MUCH more they could be doing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yep-- Cody and Olivia are the only ones who are going to remember this-- it would have been so much better to take a shorter trip now and then a longer one when Boston and Lincoln are older. Less whining, less work, lots better memories.
I don't feel sorry for her when she talks about how much "work" it is, getting the kids ready in the morning, when I see her meticulously spiking Boston's hair...

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Yep-- Cody and Olivia are the only ones who are going to remember this-- it would have been so much better to take a shorter trip now and then a longer one when Boston and Lincoln are older. Less whining, less work, lots better memories.
I don't feel sorry for her when she talks about how much "work" it is, getting the kids ready in the morning, when I see her meticulously spiking Boston's hair...
The bathroom shot where she's meticulously styling her boy kidses hair in_Hawaii_on_vacation?? I was thrown for a loop and thought they were already back home when Joel was filming lol. Sheesh, relax Bonnie and get into the chill vacay spirit.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Yep-- Cody and Olivia are the only ones who are going to remember this-- it would have been so much better to take a shorter trip now and then a longer one when Boston and Lincoln are older. Less whining, less work, lots better memories.
The bathroom shot where she's meticulously styling her boy kidses hair in_Hawaii_on_vacation?? I was thrown for a loop and thought they were already back home when Joel was filming lol. Sheesh, relax Bonnie and get into the chill vacay spirit.
I would have gotten both the boys a buzz cut before the trip.

Who was it who was shuddering over the kissing Lincoln on the lips? Ewwww.

Yes, Bonnie. It's different taking your kids on a trip than going on a girl's trip with no responsibility. I'm glad that she's aware that they need to focus on the kids, but I want to smack her. She's in Hawaii for a MONTH, and says Joel has to remind her that they're "still in Hawaii"?
Personal: I went to Paris with a girlfriend. I really wanted to go to the Rodin museum. Our last day there was supposed to be a free day at the museum, but our guide book was wrong, and it was closed. My friend was comiserating with me, and said how sorry she was, because she knew how badly I had wanted to go. My response? "I'm in _Paris_. It doesn't matter"
If she wanted him to "experience it like I did" so badly, why not take a short second honeymoon, then go back with the kids when they're bigger and can appreciate it more?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”