Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Bonnie is obviously not having as much fun as her last trip. LOL! Joel has to tell her,"still, you're in Hawaii" to cheer her up? And she wants Joel to enjoy Hawaii like she did?? Then they should have gone by themselves for just a week!! Traveling with four small kids for a full month doesn't sound fun to me at all! Maybe they have someone flying over to babysit so they can do more adult activities - like longer hikes, zip-lining, sunset cruises and fine dining - of just get a break! Back in Utah they aren't with all the kids 24/7, so I bet they are tired. HAHA
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

So many good points raised in the above two posts. It's coming across as a sense of entitlement me_me_me from Bonnie that is reminiscent in a certain sister of hers.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Yep-- Cody and Olivia are the only ones who are going to remember this-- it would have been so much better to take a shorter trip now and then a longer one when Boston and Lincoln are older. Less whining, less work, lots better memories.
I don't feel sorry for her when she talks about how much "work" it is, getting the kids ready in the morning, when I see her meticulously spiking Boston's hair...
The bathroom shot where she's meticulously styling her boy kidses hair in_Hawaii_on_vacation?? I was thrown for a loop and thought they were already back home when Joel was filming lol. Sheesh, relax Bonnie and get into the chill vacay spirit.
I think Bonnie feels she needs to have her kids dolled up. I doubt she could leave the house with them looking disheveled. I am sure she was raised that way and cannot see past it to live in the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:So many good points raised in the above two posts. It's coming across as a sense of entitlement me_me_me from Bonnie that is reminiscent in a certain sister of hers.
It really rubbed me the wrong way when she said that. And she's said it more than once. If she's bringing it up in the vlog this much, and Joel feels the need to remind her that they're in Hawaii, she needs to check herself.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't think they should have done a trip without the kids. I think if they had people would say they have changed and should have taken the kids to Disneyland. This is their first big holiday with kids and it isn't going to be 100% relaxation. With kids, it never will. They could have waited a few years and it might have been easier, but it still wouldn't have been what Bonnie built up in her mind. That whole expectation vs reality thing she's said before. I'll admit, I've done that.

I don't agree that the little ones should have stayed home. I think they should find a sitter for when hey want to go on bigger excursions, but I think there is value on the little ones going too. I just personally never like it when people take big trips and leave their kids all the time.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Ducklings4 wrote:I think Bonnie feels she needs to have her kids dolled up. I doubt she could leave the house with them looking disheveled. I am sure she was raised that way and cannot see past it to live in the moment.
Which is precisely my point. The cultured conditioning about appearance is so strong (in the Griffith family/Mormonism/whatever the heck) and that is what makes it sad when experiencing a chilled island experience like Hawaii. I sense that Bonnie would have been such a free spirit type of person if she were born and raised in a different place than where she was.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Scar2016 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:I think Bonnie feels she needs to have her kids dolled up. I doubt she could leave the house with them looking disheveled. I am sure she was raised that way and cannot see past it to live in the moment.
Which is precisely my point. The cultured conditioning about appearance is so strong (in the Griffith family/Mormonism/whatever the heck) and that is what makes it sad when experiencing a chilled island experience like Hawaii. I sense that Bonnie would have been such a free spirit type of person if she were born and raised in a different place than where she was.
She's taken her kids out of the house in pyjamas so I don't think she's that stuck on appearance. I also saw she used to get a ton of crap for not styling Cody's hair and for just leaving it. I don't think it's fair to act like she's overly concerned about appearance because she wants them to get ready for the day. Definitely nitpicking to me. I never understand the fascination with the boys haircuts on YTMD. Bonnie is a mother of 4. Even if it takes her 15 minutes to do the boys hair every morning, thats only a drop in the bucket of why her morning might be hectic. I wonder if some of the posters with older children forget how crazy it could be?

Not everyone wants to just shave their child's head to save 15-20 minutes :?
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Nuna wrote: She's taken her kids out of the house in pyjamas so I don't think she's that stuck on appearance. I also saw she used to get a ton of crap for not styling Cody's hair and for just leaving it. I don't think it's fair to act like she's overly concerned about appearance because she wants them to get ready for the day. Definitely nitpicking to me. I never understand the fascination with the boys haircuts on YTMD. Bonnie is a mother of 4. Even if it takes her 15 minutes to do the boys hair every morning, thats only a drop in the bucket of why her morning might be hectic. I wonder if some of the posters with older children forget how crazy it could be?

Not everyone wants to just shave their child's head to save 15-20 minutes :?
This. It's personal preference and people want their kids to look nice. A lot of people here don't like the spiked style the boys have, but I don't like shaved heads on little boys. Some people like boys to have long hair, and others like curls and surfer waves. It's really just personal preference. Just take care of your kid and do their hair. I can't believe people are side-eyeing a mother giving her child more effort and attention than they feel is needed. Shaving the boys head if it were about ease and not style would be lazy. Would everyone feel the same way if Bonnie cut Olivia's hair short (or shaved her head) and said it was because it took too long to do in the morning and was easier?

It's revisionist history anyway to say that Bonnie always needs her kids to look perfect, when last week they were saying she's too lazy to care what they look like when they leave the house.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Nuna wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
She's taken her kids out of the house in pyjamas so I don't think she's that stuck on appearance. I also saw she used to get a ton of crap for not styling Cody's hair and for just leaving it. I don't think it's fair to act like she's overly concerned about appearance because she wants them to get ready for the day. Definitely nitpicking to me. I never understand the fascination with the boys haircuts on YTMD. Bonnie is a mother of 4. Even if it takes her 15 minutes to do the boys hair every morning, thats only a drop in the bucket of why her morning might be hectic. I wonder if some of the posters with older children forget how crazy it could be?

Not everyone wants to just shave their child's head to save 15-20 minutes :?[/

Momentary brain fart. I forgot she takes them out in pajamas.
I don't get the hair styling for her boys. Mine often looked like we used an egg beater on them. My 25 year old son now uses products, in high school he did sports and found it easier to buzz his hair.
All of the Griffiths have a weird sense of priorities.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't think they should have done a trip without the kids. I think if they had people would say they have changed and should have taken the kids to Disneyland. This is their first big holiday with kids and it isn't going to be 100% relaxation. With kids, it never will. They could have waited a few years and it might have been easier, but it still wouldn't have been what Bonnie built up in her mind. That whole expectation vs reality thing she's said before. I'll admit, I've done that.

I don't agree that the little ones should have stayed home. I think they should find a sitter for when hey want to go on bigger excursions, but I think there is value on the little ones going too. I just personally never like it when people take big trips and leave their kids all the time.
I'm on the fence on this. I think if she's going to be all obsessed about Joel having the "same experience", and that it is "so different with kids" ( duh-- what did she expect?) that she did, to the point where she's mentioned it several times in the last couple of days, and where Joel has to remind her that they're in Hawaii, and to be grateful, then yeah, she should have taken a short trip with just him, and done the month with the kids later.
And the hair is just a personal preference. But complaining about how long it's taking to get ready, then sitting there spiking individual hairs on a 3 year olds head, just strikes me as silly. But that's me. Maybe the boys would rather have a buzz cut. Has she asked them? It's vacation. If it makes me lazy to have buzzed my son's hair at the beginning of summer, I guess I'm lazy. But he loved it. If he hated it, I wouldn't have done it. I only brought up the hair because she was talking about how hard it was getting them out the door. I've always thought it was silly to give a preschooler a haircut that requires more than one product to make it look OK. But that's just me. I really don't mean to offend people who have those cuts for their kids. Sorry if I did.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Lots of interesting comments on her video today. People commenting on the kissing and others defending Bonnie. Lord what a mess.
aprilfromengland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aprilfromengland »

I think she's had a reality check taking the kids on vacation. Of course it's a totally different experience than it was when she did just a girls trip. You can't just let the kids out to play on the street and not watch them or bribe them to watch movies in the basement whilst you nap. ITs a strange setting and you don't have all your home comforts to make life easy. Different kettle of fish taking children on holiday, they want to soak everything in ask tonnes of questions play at the beach or pool all the time definitely not relaxing (watching shows with a 'treat' whilst mom naps) like at home.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

When has Bonnie ever said home life was easy? She says she gets frustrated at home all the time too! Living in HI for a month is living in HI. Same as home for the most part, but without the comfort of home.

I think she parents her children a lot more than people give her credit for. Yes Joel is at home, but she still has 4 kids to look after, and doesn't have any family on the payroll. She does a lot more than the YTers that pull a pre-made sandwich out of the freezer for lunch and have family watch the kids all day while they play around on social media. I think her kids are just fine and although she isn't as relative as she was when Joel worked, I still think her "mom-life" resembles my own.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Bonnie absolutely is obsessed with her kidses appearance. Appearance is much more important to her than education or spending time playing with kids. At home we saw her napping while they watch a movie and eat sugar. She had said before she doesn't enjoy playing with them. Thank goodness Joel takes them places. Remember this is the woman who took Olivia's doll away because she didn't like bitten nails. If you aren't too worried about culture or education, then appearance becomes the selling point. Olivia will need to look her best to get a husband! Heaven forbid she would want something different than all the women in her family. Her looks are her commodity in this religious culture. The pretty ones get first pick!

I think it would be helpful for some to remember we are discussing Bonnie and we aren't discussing your personal life. Some people seem to get really offended at the criticism of Bonnie. That's the purpose of this board.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Parkerwar wrote: I think it would be helpful for some to remember we are discussing Bonnie and we aren't discussing your personal life. Some people seem to get really offended at the criticism of Bonnie. That's the purpose of this board.
As the mods say every time the shit hits the fan on this board, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion. You can't expect to say something as though it is fact (ex Hawaii is a bad vacation destination) and not have people disagree and say their position on why it's no big deal. If you don't like it, just ignore it?

Most people have been able to agree to disagree without drama lately anyway so comments like this just stir things up again in my opinion.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Parkerwar wrote:Bonnie absolutely is obsessed with her kidses appearance. Appearance is much more important to her than education or spending time playing with kids. At home we saw her napping while they watch a movie and eat sugar. She had said before she doesn't enjoy playing with them. Thank goodness Joel takes them places. Remember this is the woman who took Olivia's doll away because she didn't like bitten nails. If you aren't too worried about culture or education, then appearance becomes the selling point. Olivia will need to look her best to get a husband! Heaven forbid she would want something different than all the women in her family. Her looks are her commodity in this religious culture. The pretty ones get first pick!

I think it would be helpful for some to remember we are discussing Bonnie and we aren't discussing your personal life. Some people seem to get really offended at the criticism of Bonnie. That's the purpose of this board.
The purpose of the board is DISCUSSION. It's actually not just criticism. Maybe in your life people just agree with everything you say, but in the real world this isn't how it works. I agree with the previous poster, and you comment just stirred up the hate more than any of the disagreements on this board over the last few days.

People are allowed to hate on Bonnie and people are allowed to defend. This is like saying that those defending DB have no place on that board, and they participate and are respected just like everyone else just fine.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

It isn't even defending Bonnie to say she isn't obsessed with her kids appearance. Like someone else pointed out, she was criticized last week for taking them out in their pjs. The OP had forgotten about that, but naturally everyone else is running with it... ironically, the ones that gave Bonnie the most shit for not properly putting her children together before taking them out.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Quoting a post Kryptonite made a few threads ago...

"We need to have a little chat before we begin posting in this thread.

I've tried so hard to be tactful but it's obviously not working. The behavior on this board is deplorable. It is reminiscent of a classroom full of hypersensitive children with one teacher who is literally on the verge of becoming an alcoholic because she's run out of solutions on how to control the insanity that has become her classroom. That is the nicest way I can possibly think of putting this.

You are all adults or at least teenagers. You should be capable of stating your opinion, responding to someone else's and moving on. How many times do you have to be told to accept a differing opinion? This is ridiculous. The moderators are sick of babysitting you.

I will say this ONE more time, and if the rules on this site are not follow I will no longer let it slide. Please read carefully.

- If you have a problem with a specific user you have two options. You may start a Boxing Ring thread or message a moderator.
- If you post in the general Boxing Ring thread, you MUST state the user's name.
- There are designated threads for you to discuss EVERYTHING. [See below.]
- You won't change someone's opinion by telling them that their's is wrong or repeating yours over and over.
- People love Bonnie, people hate Bonnie. Get used to it.
- Post, respond, move on...

We've set up various boards to attempt to eradicate these issues, we've banned users, we've sent out warnings. I'm unsure of what else there is for us to do. If you have any suggestions, please let us know!"

I saw it while catching up on the threads, and since it was a few months ago I think there are probably some other new users that would benefit from seeing it. Hope this is ok!
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

What kills me about Cody's hair is when she doesn't fix it, it's in his eyes. I don't understand why she doesn't cut the front part just a tiny bit shorter, then she can still style it like she likes and it wouldn't get in his eyes when it's not styled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

i literally don't understand this dogpiling of parkerwar because she didn't even say anything negative about people who defend bonnie, she didn't say nobody can defend bonnie, she just threw in a little reminder not to take criticism of bonnie to heart if you relate to her (because people HAVE been projecting comments here onto themselves today). the responses to parkerwar are more "drama" than her original post lol. i am kinda just reading this in awe that a small comment like that ignited such a heated response, but what else is new in the bonnie thread

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”