8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

Unread post by Vincere »

I had a quick look at cleaning smoke from furniture and all they say it's just get some vinegar etc like no big deal.
I doubt it's dangerous, the worry with smoke is when it's in the air and not to breath it.
Probably those people are just spraying water and getting tons of money.
That guy didn't really know how to answer Ruby's question: We're scamming you, m'am.

Never would I have thought of calling insurance company for smoke that didn't do any damage and the cleaning company.
Are they going to increase her insurance cost since she made so many claims?
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

Something about Shari really rubs me the wrong way. I always find she is condescending to her siblings, and today's vlog with Abby was no different. She acts like she's at the same level of authority as her parents, which she is not. I know a lot of people in the comments think she's a saint. But I find her to be bratty and rude. She needs to come down off of her high horse and realize she is also just one of the kids.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Vincere wrote:I had a quick look at cleaning smoke from furniture and all they say it's just get some vinegar etc like no big deal.
I doubt it's dangerous, the worry with smoke is when it's in the air and not to breath it.
Probably those people are just spraying water and getting tons of money.
That guy didn't really know how to answer Ruby's question: We're scamming you, m'am.

Never would I have thought of calling insurance company for smoke that didn't do any damage and the cleaning company.
Are they going to increase her insurance cost since she made so many claims?
No. The pot burned for two hours. This is not the same as "I burned food for 30 seconds on the stove, now my house smells bad" or "I sat by a campfire, how do I get my clothes to smell good again?". Vinegar won't fix that, opening windows won't fix that. That's why they needed the ozone machine. The cleaners are using a cleaning agent that contains trisodium phosphate. I think Ruby's reaction and calling this "a disaster" is excessive, as is the 30K estimate to fix it, but this is serious business. I think the initial estimate probably included the cost of replacing cabinets, microwave and stove in case they were unable to get the smell out since they were right next to the source of smoke and absorbed the most chemicals.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:Something about Shari really rubs me the wrong way. I always find she is condescending to her siblings, and today's vlog with Abby was no different. She acts like she's at the same level of authority as her parents, which she is not. I know a lot of people in the comments think she's a saint. But I find her to be bratty and rude. She needs to come down off of her high horse and realize she is also just one of the kids.
True, but she's been caring for her younger siblings from a young age while Ruby is doing God knows what. (It's safe to say that Ruby checked out shortly before or after Julie's birth). I'm sure she has some resentment. I'm sure Ruby pressured her to make the vlog interesting. Shari might have been looking forward to some downtime during her time with her grandparents, but the kids in the family never get a day off from performing. This is their life now. Ruby might take a day off from editing, but they aren't exempt from performing.

I really worry about how successfully these vlogger kids will transition into real life someday. The very young ones are still oblivious but the older ones have really skewed perception of life and, perhaps, a false air of self-importance that won't translate into real life.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LydiaE wrote:
strawberry_smoothie wrote:Something about Shari really rubs me the wrong way. I always find she is condescending to her siblings, and today's vlog with Abby was no different. She acts like she's at the same level of authority as her parents, which she is not. I know a lot of people in the comments think she's a saint. But I find her to be bratty and rude. She needs to come down off of her high horse and realize she is also just one of the kids.
True, but she's been caring for her younger siblings from a young age while Ruby is doing God knows what. (It's safe to say that Ruby checked out shortly before or after Julie's birth). I'm sure she has some resentment. I'm sure Ruby pressured her to make the vlog interesting. Shari might have been looking forward to some downtime during her time with her grandparents, but the kids in the family never get a day off from performing. This is their life now. Ruby might take a day off from editing, but they aren't exempt from performing.

I really worry about how successfully these vlogger kids will transition into real life someday. The very young ones are still oblivious but the older ones have really skewed perception of life and, perhaps, a false air of self-importance that won't translate into real life.
We've been talking about that on the Bratayley thread in GG. Annie does everything half-assed, and gets applauded like she cured cancer, not just from her parents, but from the crazed "fans". These people aren't anything special. They just upload videos to the internet. But people act like they're big stars. People line up to meet them, and scream like they're Justin Bieber. It's freaky. When they have to get out in the world, and things are actually expected of them, it's going to be a rude awakening. Shari might be better off than some of them, because she's had to be a surrogate parent, and Ruby expected her to help out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Shari talks exactly like her mother and grandmother, it's annoying. Do we really need to a long explanation about picking out a drink and how cheap are they! They were at Walmart, just get a drink there.. jeez.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

avabrooke1226 wrote:Shari talks exactly like her mother and grandmother, it's annoying. Do we really need to a long explanation about picking out a drink and how cheap are they! They were at Walmart, just get a drink there.. jeez.
ALL THE Griffiths girls talk exactly the same. The annoying smacking and the "k" response to EVERYTHING. The way Shari talks to the camera drives me nuts. She pauses after every 2 words like she is trying to make everything she says super dramatic and important. Ruby annunciates the strangest syllables in words. Like it makes her more intelligent to say white like Whhhhhhyte. So annoying, but I can't stop watching. All those girls are my bitch eating crackers.
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Kjr123 wrote:
avabrooke1226 wrote:Shari talks exactly like her mother and grandmother, it's annoying. Do we really need to a long explanation about picking out a drink and how cheap are they! They were at Walmart, just get a drink there.. jeez.
ALL THE Griffiths girls talk exactly the same. The annoying smacking and the "k" response to EVERYTHING. The way Shari talks to the camera drives me nuts. She pauses after every 2 words like she is trying to make everything she says super dramatic and important. Ruby annunciates the strangest syllables in words. Like it makes her more intelligent to say white like Whhhhhhyte. So annoying, but I can't stop watching. All those girls are my bitch eating crackers.
OMG YES 100%! The most mundane things are "special", "fun" and a "treat".. eye roll
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

"If you be good for mawmy today, you gedda go somewhere speh-shul. Does that sound fun? If you make mawmy happy you'll gedda treat. Kay? You're good ta just go pley okay?"

(I must admit I had Ellie in mind when I typed this but since we were talking about their speech here, I figured it fit anyway lmao)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

littlebaby wrote:"If you be good for mawmy today, you gedda go somewhere speh-shul. Does that sound fun? If you make mawmy happy you'll gedda treat. Kay? You're good ta just go pley okay?"

(I must admit I had Ellie in mind when I typed this but since we were talking about their speech here, I figured it fit anyway lmao)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Omg yes. I heard Ellie and Bonnie loud and clear in your impression. It's awful. Add a weird shaky old woman's voice to it, then you have Jennifer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I've always assumed their accent is just a typical Utahan accent. Mannerisms aside, can anyone attest to this? Lol
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I've always assumed their accent is just a typical Utahan accent. Mannerisms aside, can anyone attest to this? Lol
My best friend and other very close friend born and raised in Utah do not sound like them at all.

ETA: I lied! My best friend did say mountain with an accent when she first moved here 15 yrs ago. My other friend who moved here 4 years ago doesn't though. And she travels back to Utah every month.

ETA2: (lol) this doesn't mean that I don't think that the Giffiths girls don't have a thick typical UT accent. They do. It can be grating! But I also don't like TX accents and I've lived here most of my life.
ClitoricTease
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ClitoricTease »

The hedgehog has so far survived a house with Eve...
hlit4
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hlit4 »

ClitoricTease wrote:The hedgehog has so far survived a house with Eve...
I'm surprised it's survived since they don't know how to properly take care of it because they let her get it without doing any research Image

Sorry salty hedgehog owner over here. Seriously surprised it's still alive

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Eve is definitely diabolical but, if you notice, she's the only one in the family who gives poor Nolly any affection or attention.

Maybe she only likes to toy with humans...
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

LydiaE wrote:Eve is definitely diabolical but, if you notice, she's the only one in the family who gives poor Nolly any affection or attention.

Ha! Maybe this is why I have a soft spot for Eve. She's obviously there to make Ruby's life miserable, and I have to say as an innocent bystander I enjoy watching it.
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

hlit4 wrote:
I'm surprised it's survived since they don't know how to properly take care of it because they let her get it without doing any research Image

I know nothing about keeping pet hedgehogs, but what are the main things they are doing wrong? You never know, they could stumble across this thread and see the light...
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

Pency wrote:
LydiaE wrote:Eve is definitely diabolical but, if you notice, she's the only one in the family who gives poor Nolly any affection or attention.

Ha! Maybe this is why I have a soft spot for Eve. She's obviously there to make Ruby's life miserable, and I have to say as an innocent bystander I enjoy watching it.
Brutal lmaob:')
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

"since her homework is more hard" , well thank goodness Joel is tutoring oliiva and also, it's another argument as to why maybe this trip should have been when the kids were out of school.
hlit4
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hlit4 »

SweetAsANutMate wrote:
hlit4 wrote:

I know nothing about keeping pet hedgehogs, but what are the main things they are doing wrong? You never know, they could stumble across this thread and see the light...
Mainly hedgehogs are just very sensitive creatures. They are mostly blind and very sensitive to noise, so having them in a house with 6 screaming kids and young trouble kids, like eve, is just not the best environment for them. They also need to be in a constant temperature to avoid them trying to hibernate and die. Which they have no heat source for it. Their cage setup is not the best, but has definitely improved from the hamster cage they originally bought. There's tons of other little things like bedding, food choice, and the water bottle (which they can't drink out of) which are debated among hedgehog owners of what the best things to use are. I personally use fleece for my hedgehogs cage and feed him a more healthy choice of cat food than the "hedgehog food" they have which are never recommended for them. They also are a lot of work, they are very messy, poop a lot, need to have baths and need their nails clipped, which can be hard. I think over all they just didn't do any research and assumed it would be like taking care of a hamster. I did years of research before my parents allowed me to get one, which I was 17 when I got him. I will say I am glad Shari is protective over him and doesn't let anyone hold him, they really aren't a good pet to be handled by many people, they usually will become comfortable with their owner though. Overall, they're not a good pet for younger teens like shari, and they are so prone to health problems and cancer. If they waited to take Noli to the vet after a seizure I doubt they would ever even think to take the hedgehog to a vet (if there is even a vet in their area that takes hedgehogs, which I highly doubt they checked). They have very short live spans 2-5 years, and Shari will be devastated when it dies.

Sorry that was long. I just hate when people get pets they don't even know the simplest things about. There are great sources, even on YouTube about owning hedgehogs. They're just lazy and obviously don't value animals very highly (Noli).

Also I left a very long comment on the first video they posted about getting the cage and obviously they didn't take any info from it. Also got yelled at by a bunch of nine year olds about how stupid I am, gotta love YouTube, right?

Return to “8 Passengers”