DailyFirstClassAndWastingCash Part 85

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyFirstClassAndWastingCash Part 85

Unread post by Cgl33 »

The fit of the new butcher block is much better. I remember us talking about how it was too small when they had the other done.

As far as their spending, they have basically gone through a windfall of cash. They've suddenly become millionaires over the last few years and they are spending like lottery winners spend. I think that topic is fascinating because everyone thinks they can handle it and apparently few do. Just in a couple of years, they have gone from living with Missy's parents and owning one economical car to owning multiple expensive cars, going on luxury vacations, owning a home worth over $1m, and doing very expensive renovations. Google handling a financial windfall. It's really interesting.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Cgl33 wrote:The fit of the new butcher block is much better. I remember us talking about how it was too small when they had the other done.

As far as their spending, they have basically gone through a windfall of cash. They've suddenly become millionaires over the last few years and they are spending like lottery winners spend. I think that topic is fascinating because everyone thinks they can handle it and apparently few do. Just in a couple of years, they have gone from living with Missy's parents and owning one economical car to owning multiple expensive cars, going on luxury vacations, owning a home worth over $1m, and doing very expensive renovations. Google handling a financial windfall. It's really interesting.
Yes, I've thought about this a lot. It goes for many YouTubers who experience a sudden uptick in popularity. I was talking to my husband once and said if for some reason we became millionaires overnight, I wouldn't want to think about who we'd become. I also said I wouldn't want to spend the money, but invest it and only live off the interest. And then he said he would want to spend SOME of the money, like buying a Tesla. I was just like, "Nooooo! That's how it all starts!" I feel like once these newly wealthy YouTubers start making big purchases, they feel like they have to keep buying to maintain their status, and suddenly they can't settle for doing anything the "normal" way anymore. They can't walk or train their own dogs, do their own grocery shopping, cook their own meals, nothing. Most Hollywood B-list celebrities don't even live like some of these YouTubers. It's ridiculous!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

fossilfinger wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:The fit of the new butcher block is much better. I remember us talking about how it was too small when they had the other done.

Yes, I've thought about this a lot. It goes for many YouTubers who experience a sudden uptick in popularity. I was talking to my husband once and said if for some reason we became millionaires overnight, I wouldn't want to think about who we'd become. I also said I wouldn't want to spend the money, but invest it and only live off the interest. And then he said he would want to spend SOME of the money, like buying a Tesla. I was just like, "Nooooo! That's how it all starts!" I feel like once these newly wealthy YouTubers start making big purchases, they feel like they have to keep buying to maintain their status, and suddenly they can't settle for doing anything the "normal" way anymore. They can't walk or train their own dogs, do their own grocery shopping, cook their own meals, nothing. Most Hollywood B-list celebrities don't even live like some of these YouTubers. It's ridiculous!
Yes!!! You hit the nail on the head.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

NOT defending them, at all. I think they're insane for spending the way they do.
However, _some_ of it can be explained (not justified) in that their vlogs have become aspirational. They're attracting kid viewers by being every kid's fantasy parents. Endless vacations, both parents at home, a big beautiful house with a pool, lots of toys, big and small, endless screen time with no educational shows, no "Eat your vegetables" or "Take out the trash". Lavish parties with other YouTubers that the kids also want to be friends with.
The catch is how much of it is real, and how much are they grinding themselves into debt trying to keep up the facade? And it's sure easy to see why, when asked, more and more kids are saying they want to be "YouTubers" when they grow up. They think you film a video, upload it, and watch the money roll in. I'll admit I thought that too at one point.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I have a friend who is currently remodeling her indoor kitchen and the contractors told them that wood is a horrible idea. It looks like it would be great but the constant moisture and pots and pans does not hold up. I can only imagine outside since we have seen it does rain there but go ahead and throw away more money.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Whenever things start going downhill for them, I may actually watch the vlogs
regularly to see how they handle it lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

fossilfinger wrote:

Bingo. It would be interesting to see the spending to income ratio of youtubers like DB before and after their popularity. They spend like they have no idea that their channel's popularity will end. Nothing stays popular for very long.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

How do you leave a watch at the movie theater??
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

People with bad spending habits before a windfall, usually don't start making good choices after one.

Just saying.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

They painted the island too. No more blue!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

ja14 wrote:Whenever things start going downhill for them, I may actually watch the vlogs

"BABY TRAPPED IN GRATE WHILE LIVING ON THE STREET!!"

That's how they will handle it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tintin15 wrote:
ja14 wrote:Whenever things start going downhill for them, I may actually watch the vlogs

It will be someone else's fault, and the fans will start a Go Fund Me.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
tintin15 wrote:

It will be all Finn's fault. Every single part of it...ever since they started favoring Finn and IGNORING precious Prince Oliver, things have slowly been destroyed. And Finn is so selfish, always wanting to breastfeed, to be awake, to spend time with his family! The burdensome nuisance :x
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cgl33 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:

Bingo. It would be interesting to see the spending to income ratio of youtubers like DB before and after their popularity. They spend like they have no idea that their channel's popularity will end. Nothing stays popular for very long.
When they did that "YouTubers React" video, they were asked what they thought the future of YouTube would be, and Missy said "I think it's just going to get bigger and bigger!", And Bryan once said that they're "always going to be vlogging". So if they have any inkling that it's not going to last, they're trying really hard not to believe it. They don't want to believe the money is ever going to dry up. That thought is way too terrifying.

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

HelloSweetie wrote:
tintin15 wrote:

Tbh, that sounds like a vid they'll do to get sponsored by the new IT movie
raynezrh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by raynezrh »

Personal: My husband and I relocated across states and are facing being homeless now because we can't find jobs and are scrounging to come up with money and selling everything we have to put down on a place for two months to survive so our daughter doesn't have to go through that. We've done everything we've possibly could to get help and these dumbasses are over there spending money like it grows on trees. It's so frustrating sometimes. I get that it's their money yadayada blah blah but they don't do shit, are lazy and they don't pay attention to their kids and they get live this lavish lifestyle. When there's people out there struggling to even get jobs to survive. It's just really upsetting. It would be different if they were actually "humble" and didn't flaunt shit every chance they got. I think I pop a vein in my temple every time I try to attempt to hate watch them lol ok, sorry rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JM16Canada
Talker
Talker

Unread post by JM16Canada »

The thing that bothers me the most about their vlogs this week... where the F are their dogs???! They obviously do not care about them one bit, Luna would not even remotely have a bond with them. Just ridiculous!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

raynezrh wrote:Personal: My husband and I relocated across states and are facing being homeless now because we can't find jobs and are scrounging to come up with money and selling everything we have to put down on a place for two months to survive so our daughter doesn't have to go through that. We've done everything we've possibly could to get help and these dumbasses are over there spending money like it grows on trees. It's so frustrating sometimes. I get that it's their money yadayada blah blah but they don't do shit, are lazy and they don't pay attention to their kids and they get live this lavish lifestyle. When there's people out there struggling to even get jobs to survive. It's just really upsetting. It would be different if they were actually "humble" and didn't flaunt shit every chance they got. I think I pop a vein in my temple every time I try to attempt to hate watch them lol ok, sorry rant over Image

I absolutely understand. I am struggling to find work that can support myself and my daughter. And seeing these people pimping out their children, having no real talent except for manipulation, and not only getting all this money, but the adulation (not that I want fame-- I don't, but these people are NOT role models!) makes me bitter too.
I console myself with the fact that even though I am struggling, I am still happier than they are. I have children and other family who love me, _real_ friends (which is why I'm not homeless) and I don't need to endlessly buy things and show off to fill a giant hole on my insides. I wouldn't trade lives with them, not even for all the money and crap they have.

Usernametaken

Unread post by Usernametaken »

menehune wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:Don't lie guys you know you got a new butcher block because you realized it didn't match so you had to buy a new one stop making excuses.

They have excuses for everything. Have we seen them use their new stove??? Nooo.

Any wY that go kart will get old after a few days.

I think they have so much money they don't know what to do with it besides buy crap.

I think it's boredom. I also think they have no savings plan. Do the math, it would be impossible for them to have anything thats a real investment at this point. This is even IF half the travel expenses are paid sponsorships, and they make the top of Social Blade's estimate (2.5 Mil). The math doesn't add up. At least 30% to a network, and another 35% or so to taxes. Break the numbers down. If they make 2.5 Mil a year, and pay a conservative $40K a year salary to Jeff, then after Maker fees and taxes they would be left with just under $1 Mil between the two of them. Sounds like a lot of money right? Probably not, when you consider their spending habits (that we are aware of!). Sure they probably have quite a few deductions for YT expenses, but they are also SPENDING extra money to have a lot of these speculated deductions.

I often see the comments here about how Bryan and Missy are millionaires, and I just don't think people realize how much of that money is getting pissed away and going to tax. Even if they are being smart and putting away $200K a year (which would then mean they are paying for this lifestyle on less than $800K a year), then that would give them a retirement savings of 2.7 Mil if YT were to last another 10 years before slowing down. I think this is generous, but for the sake of those that think they have a long shelf-life, lets go with that. Ok. So they then have 2.7 Mil to last them the next 40-50 years if they don't want to go get jobs. That means they will need to learn to live off less than $60K a year between the two of them. That mortgage better be paid off by then! All this useless spending is ridiculous when you figure they could be bulking up their long-term savings and making sure they are set for the future. They won't be able to help Mimi and Papa (or send the boys to college) with the amount they are currently saving, if they are actually saving anything. In reality Social Blade gives notoriously hight estimates, and YTers like Jenna Marbles has said that no one is raking in the kind of money they try to make it appear, so it's more than likely that they are actually making under 2 Mil a year.

Sorry to go on this rant, but it drives me crazy when people assume others have money because of their spending habits. In most cases, this just couldn't be farther from the truth. Most people that have money, spend a lot more wisely than DB. Sure they might take fancy vacations, but you don't see them dining at restaurants every day, and buying thousands of dollars worth of toys every week. Bryan and Missy probably spend more than $50K every year at restaurants alone! They could easily cut that in half, and build up their retirement savings (an extra $25k a year could yield another half Mil over 10 years). No financial planner would see that figure and not tell them to make modifications. They just aren't living in reality.

You forgot to add in the amount of taxes they have to pay. Their health insurance must be expensive too. Unless the network offers insurance.

raynezrh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by raynezrh »

lmmomSD wrote:
raynezrh wrote:Personal: My husband and I relocated across states and are facing being homeless now because we can't find jobs and are scrounging to come up with money and selling everything we have to put down on a place for two months to survive so our daughter doesn't have to go through that. We've done everything we've possibly could to get help and these dumbasses are over there spending money like it grows on trees. It's so frustrating sometimes. I get that it's their money yadayada blah blah but they don't do shit, are lazy and they don't pay attention to their kids and they get live this lavish lifestyle. When there's people out there struggling to even get jobs to survive. It's just really upsetting. It would be different if they were actually "humble" and didn't flaunt shit every chance they got. I think I pop a vein in my temple every time I try to attempt to hate watch them lol ok, sorry rant over Image

I absolutely understand. I am struggling to find work that can support myself and my daughter. And seeing these people pimping out their children, having no real talent except for manipulation, and not only getting all this money, but the adulation (not that I want fame-- I don't, but these people are NOT role models!) makes me bitter too.
I console myself with the fact that even though I am struggling, I am still happier than they are. I have children and other family who love me, _real_ friends (which is why I'm not homeless) and I don't need to endlessly buy things and show off to fill a giant hole on my insides. I wouldn't trade lives with them, not even for all the money and crap they have.

Exactly. Even though we're going through this we're still happy. My daughter is happy. Money makes things easier sure, but I'd rather be poor and happy than, rich and miserable that is for sure!

Return to “Daily Bumps”