BritneyandBaby: The Glorified Girlfriend Princess of Blanc -

pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBaby: The Glorified Girlfriend Princess of Bla

Unread post by pianogossiper »

Blackswan wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't believe she has depression?
I'm with you on that one. I definitely believe she's got some sort of mental health issue going on, but it doesn't strike me as depression. Maybe anxiety or paranoia, but not depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

I don't think she has typical depression. I definitely think something is wrong though because it truly seems like she's desperately trying to fill a huge void in her life. Continuing to have babies that she can't mentally handle & her shopping/home decor/fitness addiction seem like she's trying to distract herself from whats really wrong. Barely being able to leave the house is another indicator
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

pianogossiper wrote:
I'm with you on that one. I definitely believe she's got some sort of mental health issue going on, but it doesn't strike me as depression. Maybe anxiety or paranoia, but not depression.

Same. I used to think it was depression but now not so sure. Panic disorder/anxiety disorder, I think. Whatever it is, it is NOT under control at ALL and she needs help.

Brit, if you're reading here, take it from someone who knows: I'm getting married in 2 weeks, trying to buy a house, and recovering from a concussion my anxiety is thru the roof. There is nothing wrong with seeing someone on the regular or taking medication. Shopping and alcohol are only goin to make it worse in the long run. I hope for your and your kids' sake you get some real help.

PS- be more real and less bitchy and I'll snark on you less... I'm sure I speak for most of us here with that.

sweetener
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sweetener »

smom12 wrote: Brit, if you're reading here, take it from someone who knows: I'm getting married in 2 weeks, trying to buy a house, and recovering from a concussion my anxiety is thru the roof. There is nothing wrong with seeing someone on the regular or taking medication. Shopping and alcohol are only goin to make it worse in the long run. I hope for your and your kids' sake you get some real help.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

I feel like her shopping addiction is just that...a shopping addiction. I don't think she has any mental disorder to accompany that. Look how she acts when her kids do the bare minimum of tantrums. I think she's had it easy her whole life so now any little ass hiccup she can't handle it. She's a spoiled snowflake brat. End of story.

IMO of course.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think she wants to come across as more relatable and down to earth but idk why I have a feeling she's always been this uppity bitch and hasn't had many friends over it. So now she wants to front and is trying to be something she's not. A person. She's not genuine. I mean look at her stupid thumbnail.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Blackswan wrote:I think she wants to come across as more relatable and down to earth but idk why I have a feeling she's always been this uppity bitch and hasn't had many friends over it. So now she wants to front and is trying to be something she's not. A person. She's not genuine. I mean look at her stupid thumbnail.
I have to agree. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I go back and forth between thinking she is a self entitled wench to really being mentally ill.

Of course, it could be both XD

Cue a Britney defender.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

pianogossiper wrote:

She very likely has both. Depression and anxiety go hand-in-hand and feed into each other.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

ashlynxo wrote:
smom12 wrote: Brit, if you're reading here, take it from someone who knows: I'm getting married in 2 weeks, trying to buy a house, and recovering from a concussion my anxiety is thru the roof. There is nothing wrong with seeing someone on the regular or taking medication. Shopping and alcohol are only goin to make it worse in the long run. I hope for your and your kids' sake you get some real help.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Thank you! <3

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Idk what happened to the quote tree but thank you Ashlynxo!

pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

BritneyandBaby: The Glorified Girlfriend Princess of Blanc -

Unread post by pianogossiper »

fossilfinger wrote:
pianogossiper wrote:

She very likely has both. Depression and anxiety go hand-in-hand and feed into each other.
Yeah I get that, not going to delve into my own medical history because frankly it's irrelevant as I'm not Britney, but I do personally think anxiety is her main problem.

She gets anxious over mess, chaos, places with lots of people, that sort of stuff. She then overthinks those situations and freaks out about them which can make her feel negative and depressed.

I think PPD plays a lot into it as well. I believe if she didn't have the kids she'd be very anxious, but without the depression aspect of it all. She always seems to have gotten worse after having a baby, so rather than clinical/situational depression, I think hers is PPD mixed with her already-present anxiety.

From her """coming out"""" video, I also felt at times she was describing depersonalisation disorder, which is connected to severe anxiety. But y'know. What do I know.

ETA: I'm not saying Britney does/doesn't have anything. I'm not a doctor (or psychiatrist, or whatever type of profession you need to be to diagnose people in the USA) I do fully believe she has PPD, but I don't feel like that's the "main" mental health issue that impacts on her life, and even if the PPD goes away or gets treated, others would still manifest.

Last edited by pianogossiper on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

I feel pretty bad for her. I'm very curious to know what's going on with her family and what her upbringing was like. I couldn't imagine being that distant with my mother. We didn't always get along growing up and we had a lot of rough times during my teenage years lol but she's my everything now. I wonder what her mother did to them growing up. And yes, I assume she did something considering b lived with her dad after her parents split. I can't blame her for not even giving us a glimpse into what she's been through but it does make me wonder. I have no reason not to believe her about what she says. Just because someone's depression doesn't look the same as yours, doesn't mean that they aren't going through it.

Nickytheone
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nickytheone »

I don't think she's technically "depressed" depending on how you look at it, but it's obvious she's not happy, she can't find happiness, in her kids, money, and shopping because that what soothes her. And her "personal issues" that's causing her to be depressed can only be linked to one person, I never like to point my fingers at people relationship, or making up problems about their relationships, but I would just probably say that are and Ean are having a lot of disagreements lately.... She's been a homebody since the time Aria was conceived, she doesn't have a social life, YouTube is her social life, she doesn't have friends, her friends are people in other countries who pop out of nowhere to come and see her, the kids don't nobody besides her and Ean, and aria knows Eans family, they see and visit family only holidays, so I doubt that Britney contacts her family regularly, and maybe that's what she's need a connection to the people she's connected with, she's need to feel that void of emptiness. I think she's going through emotional and verbal abuse.... and who knows where and which side it's coming from.
SunnyLove
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SunnyLove »

Well when you have nothing going for you but staying in the house with three kids. No real college degree that you will plan on using no job experience no friends of course you're going to be bored out of your mind and feel crappy about yourself! Anyone would feel depressed in that situation.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm glad I've had a full on life before I became a SAHM and it's not all I know.
SunnyLove
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SunnyLove »

Same here. I had my teen years, I went to school, I worked I had friends. So I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything in life. I can enjoy my kids.
09love
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 09love »

Britney most likely didn't have an easy childhood and has something other than depression. There is definitely a void that not even her kids can fill and she probably knows what it is. When her kids grow up she's going to feel even worse than she is now. She has no work experience and didn't further her education so life is gonna suck when she can't be a sahm anymore. And we all know that her and ean aren't happy. They may love each other but they are not IN love. Two totally different things. I feel bad for Britney because I feel like she's realizing now that she fucked up. She may have realized sooner but she definitely knows and it's a horrible feeling because you have kids that came out of that "fuck up" and you love your kids. That's he best I can explain it. She needs therapy and she needs to let it out and cry. She can't keep everything bottled up forever because the will be depressed.

HarlowCarlo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by HarlowCarlo »

I realized how shady that degree she got online was. I don't think I would hire anyone with no experience with an online degree.

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

She's probably stir crazy from being at home with kids all day, every day. I can't imagine being her age, having 3 kids, and no friends. She'd probably feel so much better if she got out of the house a couple times a week and did something for herself (like a class). Idk why she wants to be this perfect sahm, it's tragic.
LynnGLOVE8989
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by LynnGLOVE8989 »

At this point I feel like its not necessarily about being the perfect stay at home mom, but more that she is scared to get out and do anything because she never had that experience before becoming a mom. She doesn't seem to have anyone to watch her kids except when her in-laws take Aria for a night. I'm not sure if she is on meds or seeing a therapist but it seems like whatever treatment she is on may not be working. I actually read a study that shows a lot of depression meds make it worse. I do feel bad for her tho. Something in her childhood happened and I feel it really messed her up (not to be mean, I just don't know better terminology for it lol). I am worried how she will cope when Nolans health problems start emerging.

Return to “Britneyandbaby”