MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:There is NO WAY they are actually going to that OutFound event in Hood River. Taking a three-month-old to a big outdoor event like that? Are they planning to camp? Also, NO PETS ALLOWED, so I see them totally ditching this thing because they can't take Paris. I do see this as their excuse to get a car - granted, Hood River is only an hour or less from where they live.

For two people who seem completely non-religious, they are certainly suddenly really into Easter - FOR BRAND DEAL $$$$!!
Not slamming paganism, so any actual pagans reading this, disregard: I'm just surprised they're using "Easter", and not some hipster Wiccan or pagan wannabe type thing. After all, most "Easter" traditions are pagan in origin anyway-- eggs, bunnies, etc. I can see Corbin acting like some know it all about that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I'm not religious at all but we still celebrate Easter. We don't go to church, but celebrate as a family and do the whole egg and Easter basket thing. That's kind of like saying only christians are allowed to celebrate Christmas as well. That said, I don't decorate my house for Easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:There is NO WAY they are actually going to that OutFound event in Hood River. Taking a three-month-old to a big outdoor event like that? Are they planning to camp? Also, NO PETS ALLOWED, so I see them totally ditching this thing because they can't take Paris. I do see this as their excuse to get a car - granted, Hood River is only an hour or less from where they live.

For two people who seem completely non-religious, they are certainly suddenly really into Easter - FOR BRAND DEAL $$$$!!
Not slamming paganism, so any actual pagans reading this, disregard: I'm just surprised they're using "Easter", and not some hipster Wiccan or pagan wannabe type thing. After all, most "Easter" traditions are pagan in origin anyway-- eggs, bunnies, etc. I can see Corbin acting like some know it all about that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I'm not religious at all but we still celebrate Easter. We don't go to church, but celebrate as a family and do the whole egg and Easter basket thing. That's kind of like saying only christians are allowed to celebrate Christmas as well. That said, I don't decorate my house for Easter.

Oh, I didn't mean it that way at all. I know that Christmas and Easter are celebrated by non religious types, and I have no problems with that, but I just totally see Corbin as the type to be all hipster wannabe "naturalistic", or pagan, or whatever is more "in" than actually celebrating Easter just because it's a chance to have a fun family holiday, whether or not you believe in Jesus or go to church.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

WOW! They really did cut the roadtrip more than two months short. They basically ended it after they visited that relative in Asheville and went immediately to Lake Powell in September (for a free houseboat trip), then Missy and Bryan's cushy house, parties and freebies galore, then booked it back to Oregon (to another free place to stay). They originally weren't going to be back in Oregon until Christmas time. There really only traveled for three months and gave up.

Here's their original itinerary:

JUNE:
Yellowstone National Park
Glacier National Park
Banff National Park
Calgary
Saskatoon
Winnipeg

JULY:
Minneapolis
Chicago
Pittsburg
Toronto
Ottawa

AUGUST:
Montreal
Nova Scotia
Portland, ME
Boston
New York City
Philadelphia

SEPTEMBER:
Washington, D.C.
Richmond
Charleston

OCTOBER:
Asheville
Nashville
Birmingham
New Orleans
Houston

NOVEMBER:
Austin
El Paso
Phoenix
Las Vegas

DECEMBER:
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Medford, OR
Portland, OR
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

I just watched the new Teen Mom OG trailer and it klicked. Kelsey and Corbin remind me so much of Caitlyn and Tyler. Tyler and Corbin are similarly annoying, Kelsey and Caitlyn both have less character than a dead cactus, and their relationship is sooooooo codependent.
ihartcatz
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ihartcatz »

What happened to cloth diapers? Did they give up already? I don't watch them everyday but last I remembered they were only using disposables until her cord fell off right?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Smv53 wrote:What happened to cloth diapers? Did they give up already? I don't watch them everyday but last I remembered they were only using disposables until her cord fell off right?

A couple of days ago they posted a video of Corbin changing her on the floor and there was a pile of dirty diapers next to them on the floor, all disposable. No judgement if they are using disposable, it's what I've used for my kids. But it's just another example about how their "sustainable" lifestyle is a complete farce.

ihartcatz
Informer
Informer

Right I agree. I used disposables as well, tried cloth couldn't hang lol, I did only buy a few to try first.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Nothankyou wrote:
Smv53 wrote:What happened to cloth diapers? Did they give up already? I don't watch them everyday but last I remembered they were only using disposables until her cord fell off right?

A couple of days ago they posted a video of Corbin changing her on the floor and there was a pile of dirty diapers next to them on the floor, all disposable. No judgement if they are using disposable, it's what I've used for my kids. But it's just another example about how their "sustainable" lifestyle is a complete farce.

But why was there a PILE of dirty diapers? Do they not throw them away? :?
ihartcatz
Informer
Informer

tintin15 wrote:
Nothankyou wrote:

Haha I forgot to address that, I was thinking the same thing! Like do they not throw them out as soon as they're done??!?

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

tintin15 wrote:
Nothankyou wrote:

It was morning time. So I bet Corbin doesn't throw away the middle of the night diaper changes until the morning. Pretty gross if you ask me, but not at all surprising.

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

westwuff wrote:I just had my daughter on Friday and it's interesting to me that they never broke her water. I actually felt similar to Kelsey during my labor that the contractions were intense, close together, and tiring but I could tell they weren't doing much as far as dialation. So I asked to have my water broken and my daughter was born about 90 minutes later. Surprised that wasn't tried before an epidural and everything consideering how admittedly set she was on a natural labor.
They never broke my water. It broke on its own during pushing. She delivered with midwives, like myself, and they prefer to not break water if they don't have to. It can absolutely speed labor up, but not for everyone. I think unsure about how her body would react, they opted for the epidural to see if that could help her to relax in order to profess. Once your water breaks you're on the clock. That barrier to protect baby from possible infection is gone. If labor stalls and your water has been broken for a long time, it's not so great. So for some providers it's normal to not break a laboring mother's water.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Corbin claimed they are using disposable diapers at night and when they're out of the house. So they're only using cloth half of the time, if that. The pile of dirty diapers on the floor disturbs me, but I'm not that surprised. They leave shit all over the apartment, and now not just figuratively.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

kkkk wrote: They never broke my water. It broke on its own during pushing. She delivered with midwives, like myself, and they prefer to not break water if they don't have to. It can absolutely speed labor up, but not for everyone. I think unsure about how her body would react, they opted for the epidural to see if that could help her to relax in order to profess. Once your water breaks you're on the clock. That barrier to protect baby from possible infection is gone. If labor stalls and your water has been broken for a long time, it's not so great. So for some providers it's normal to not break a laboring mother's water.
Of course, but we're not talking about trying to induce labor by artificially breaking the water, she had been in active labor for a while. I was just surprised that wasn't tried before the whole epidural/pitocin/iv/catheter series of events. That all could still have been done if needed afterwards if breaking the waters didn't help with dialation. For some people (like for me with both my labors it was recommended by my midwives and helped me get from a 4/5cm to transition) it really helps, but like anything everyone is different and it doesn't make a difference for others.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I chuckled when I saw that Corbin tweeted at Cullen and Jared yesterday essentially pointing out that they all published videos with "surprise" in the title and from what I can tell neither one responded. Kelsey and Corbin seem so awkward around the Lanning's YouTube "friends" and they haven't networked at all. There have to be other YouTubers in Portland they could do cross-promotion with. They clearly haven't made any friends in their city. I don't think anyone could stand spending time with these two clueless whiners, but perhaps a smaller channel would tolerate them in an attempt to get more followers and then they could be like the Lannings with their faux friends.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I liked using cloth diapers best at night! ... If they are already half assing the cloth diapers, it's. It going to last much longer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Are they actually doing something for Easter? They seem extremely focused on it for two people who RARELY leave their apartment and have no friends. June's too little to do any Easter events - like an egg hunt. Maybe they have family visiting? Planning an outfit for your newborn to wear just around the house three days in advance seems really stupid...or they are just really bored.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:Are they actually doing something for Easter? They seem extremely focused on it for two people who RARELY leave their apartment and have no friends. June's too little to do any Easter events - like an egg hunt. Maybe they have family visiting? Planning an outfit for your newborn to wear just around the house three days in advance seems really stupid...or they are just really bored.
I think having viewers vote for the outfit just brings in more views/comments and helps their channel. That's why they're doing it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

fossilfinger wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:Are they actually doing something for Easter? They seem extremely focused on it for two people who RARELY leave their apartment and have no friends. June's too little to do any Easter events - like an egg hunt. Maybe they have family visiting? Planning an outfit for your newborn to wear just around the house three days in advance seems really stupid...or they are just really bored.
I think having viewers vote for the outfit just brings in more views/comments and helps their channel. That's why they're doing it.
Ding, ding,ding! We have a winner! I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not just viewers and subscribers, but viewer's engagement too that advertisers and YouTube look at. So getting people to comment is a good thing for the channel. Why do you think Bratayley has always had a question of the day? Shrewd.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
Ding, ding,ding! We have a winner! I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not just viewers and subscribers, but viewer's engagement too that advertisers and YouTube look at. So getting people to comment is a good thing for the channel. Why do you think Bratayley has always had a question of the day? Shrewd.

Yep!! I totally skipped over the outfit part - because I seriously don't care how Corbin dresses her - so I didn't realize they were asking for comments. I'm surprised people actually care that much to comment on that stuff.

Also, why is Kelsey so nervous to dress her?? My opinion of Kelsey has changed so much since I started watching the vlogs during the van trip. She seems totally incapable of doing anything herself!! She's completely dependent on Corbin for everything - she literally does NOTHING! Their relationship now seems really weird and unhealthy.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

The Easter dress/ outfit was really over the top. We all know they aren't seeing anyone or going anywhere for Easter. So why the big deal about what she'll wear!?

Plus, babies at that age hate being changed and they put her in four different outfits for the blog. Poor little thing. She must have been so unhappy with all of the outfit changes. But hey anyway to exploit your kid for a buck, who cares if they're uncomfortable, what important is that YouTube engagement.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”