Jesssfam: Hoarders- Baby Daddy Edition (Part 90)

xkatka
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jesssfam: Hoarders- Baby Daddy Edition (Part 90)

Unread post by xkatka »

LilaLavender wrote:But I don't understand the issue with hiding autism of all things? People with autism tend to not be secretive or ashamed about it, do they? I find it to be like an allergy or injury; people might notice you have it by your behaviour, so you can tell them to clear things up.
"sorry my kid didn't taste your cake, he's lactose intolerant"
"sorry my kid can't do PE today, he strained his knee:
"sorry my kid had to leave your kid's party early, he is autistic and was over stimulated".

It's not like she's describing something one should hide about their kids, something private and possibly embarrassing, like their genitalia... oh wait.
We dont even know if she is 'hiding autism' to start with...
Also its about her preferences what she shares and what not whether we do understand/like it or not :-)
(Also not everyone take autism the way you do so...)
I can understand when ppl genuinely wonder if it's got mentioned again or what the outcome is but ppl here asume things and then they act like it was the case and snark on her only going by their assumptions..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
MommaMia3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by MommaMia3 »

If Jess would do something other than vlogs maybe she wouldn't be struggling to get videos up on time. Easter is 2 days away and she still hasn't done an Easter basket video. No individual updates on the kids, no life update about her school plan, no updated house tours. I think VEDA was a very last minute decision and she was not prepared at all

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Echox3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Echox3 »

A little personal, but my sister has Aspergers. She wasn't diagnosed until she was 17 and about to graduate.
It can definitely take a while lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whattheactual
Informer
Informer

Unread post by whattheactual »

notapnutmommy wrote:Just because someone chooses to put part of their lives in the public eye doesn't give you a right to invade their privacy or know their medical issues.
Same goes for famous people. Just because they are in movies or do concerts or whatever doesn't open up their privacy.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!
For some reason people never understand this, weather it comes to youtubers, musicians or actors!!
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

MommaMia3 wrote:If Jess would do something other than vlogs maybe she wouldn't be struggling to get videos up on time. Easter is 2 days away and she still hasn't done an Easter basket video. No individual updates on the kids, no life update about her school plan, no updated house tours. I think VEDA was a very last minute decision and she was not prepared at all

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Exactly this. If she did some other types of sit down videos, like everyone has asked for - she wouldn't need to be up until 5am editing every night. Sit down vlogs are much easier to plan, film, and there's barely any editing involved. I feel like this is just another thing for Jess to say "omg, I did VEDA and stayed up so late every night and I'm still supermom." She constantly makes things harder for herself, I don't get it.

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

whattheactual wrote:
notapnutmommy wrote:Just because someone chooses to put part of their lives in the public eye doesn't give you a right to invade their privacy or know their medical issues.
Same goes for famous people. Just because they are in movies or do concerts or whatever doesn't open up their privacy.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!
For some reason people never understand this, weather it comes to youtubers, musicians or actors!!
I agree with this too. The only annoying thing is when youtubers themselves mention they are going through something private that they can't talk about but still for some freaken reason have the need to mention that they are going through something. Why not just not mention it at all?
"Oh something happened last night but I can't say even though I'm already saying something happened last night but you know it's private I just want you guys to know something happened last night I just don't want you to know exactly what it was just that it happened so please don't ask because it was scary and it happened last night buts it's private so don't ask. We have the right to privacy but just wanted everyone to know something indeed happened last night. Thanks for the support guys and Ima ignore the haters who don't think we deserve to keep this private even though I'm mentioning it"
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Blackswan wrote:
whattheactual wrote:

THIS THIS THIS!!!!
I agree with this too. The only annoying thing is when youtubers themselves mention they are going through something private that they can't talk about but still for some freaken reason have the need to mention that they are going through something. Why not just not mention it at all?
"Oh something happened last night but I can't say even though I'm already saying something happened last night but you know it's private I just want you guys to know something happened last night I just don't want you to know exactly what it was just that it happened so please don't ask because it was scary and it happened last night buts it's private so don't ask. We have the right to privacy but just wanted everyone to know something indeed happened last night. Thanks for the support guys and Ima ignore the haters who don't think we deserve to keep this private even though I'm mentioning it"
Cough cough Vanessa lol

whattheactual
Informer
Informer

Blackswan wrote:
whattheactual wrote:

THIS THIS THIS!!!!
Ya, I can see how that can be annoying. The only time that is necessary is if it hinders them from posting videos or makes their behaviour different. Personally I wouldn't mind if a youtuber were to say something like "i'm going throught some personal issues right now, so I may not be posting". That seems resonable to me.
As long as I have been watching Jess she hasn't done anything like that. I thought the Addie thing was fine to wait and make a video for because it is a lot easier to sit down and talk about something rather than type it out.
LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

xkatka wrote:
LilaLavender wrote:But I don't understand the issue with hiding autism of all things? People with autism tend to not be secretive or ashamed about it, do they? I find it to be like an allergy or injury; people might notice you have it by your behaviour, so you can tell them to clear things up.
"sorry my kid didn't taste your cake, he's lactose intolerant"
"sorry my kid can't do PE today, he strained his knee:
"sorry my kid had to leave your kid's party early, he is autistic and was over stimulated".

It's not like she's describing something one should hide about their kids, something private and possibly embarrassing, like their genitalia... oh wait.
We dont even know if she is 'hiding autism' to start with...
Also its about her preferences what she shares and what not whether we do understand/like it or not :-)
(Also not everyone take autism the way you do so...)
I can understand when ppl genuinely wonder if it's got mentioned again or what the outcome is but ppl here asume things and then they act like it was the case and snark on her only going by their assumptions..
I guess I misformulated myself: my comment was meant as a response to people suggesting she is hiding the results of the possible tests. As in, she already shares much more private stuff, I couldn't imagine she'd hide autism related things. I wasn't claiming she is hiding it.
ClitoricTease
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ClitoricTease »

I think Kaden just has ADHD and a need of a good speech therapist and parents who will tell him and Lilia to stop screeching and calm down when they get over-excited.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

I still think it's disgusting that jess used titles like "we almost lost her" and "SHE STOPPED BREATHING" to get herself more views. I don't really think there's any way to defend that.
pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:I still think it's disgusting that jess used titles like "we almost lost her" and "SHE STOPPED BREATHING" to get herself more views. I don't really think there's any way to defend that.
Oh yeah of course that was horrible, naming the video something like "What happened to Addie" or "why Addie is in hospital" would have been fine.

I can get WHY she'd wanted to explain it all in a video, but I'm not defending the way she done it, if that makes sense.

Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mamafirst »

The Addie thing she completely and unnecessarily dragged out. She posted multiple pictures of Addie with captions about it "being the scariest day of her life" "this man (Chris) saved her" "can't imagine my life without her", etc. without posting any information. Sure, a video explaining what happened makes sense, but posting multiple pictures with incredibly vague captions is purposefully leaving everyone hanging. Jess could have mentioned they found her not breathing in the room and now they're running tests to find out why that happened. Her being vague had everyone speculating to what could have happened even more than if she would clarified a little bit. Jess is an attention whore.

whattheactual
Informer
Informer

Yogabbagabbat wrote:I still think it's disgusting that jess used titles like "we almost lost her" and "SHE STOPPED BREATHING" to get herself more views. I don't really think there's any way to defend that.
Not saying those were totally appropriate titles, but they also aren't just specific to Jess. Every youtube uses clickbait. It's part of the job. They need people to immediately be drawn into their content so they will watch the video. I don't think there are many you tubers out there today who don't use clickbait.
pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

whattheactual wrote:
Not saying those were totally appropriate titles, but they also aren't just specific to Jess. Every youtube uses clickbait. It's part of the job. They need people to immediately be drawn into their content so they will watch the video. I don't think there are many you tubers out there today who don't use clickbait.
Clickbait is part of YouTube yes, but when it's specific to your four month old child that almost died, don't use clickbait. Don't exploit a horrible, horrible experience.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

pianogossiper wrote:
whattheactual wrote:
Clickbait is part of YouTube yes, but when it's specific to your four month old child that almost died, don't use clickbait. Don't exploit a horrible, horrible experience.

Exactly. When she uses click bait titles like "my first time" with a picture of her and chris I roll my eyes but I can totally see why she would do that..but exploiting her daughter for views is so gross
girl_please
Talker
Talker

Unread post by girl_please »

OMG! The rug in the playroom is actually pretty cute! I haven't been on board with most of her design choices, but the countertops they chose and that one rug are both good choices.
5678Jade
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 5678Jade »

When Landen and Kaden jumped on the stairs I nearly had a heart attack!

Scrapple
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Scrapple »

Bit late to this but regarding Landen's thing:

Did they...did they not...check the actual car seat...before rushing him off to the doctor...? Like, check there wasn't just something digging into him? Instead of carting him off for x-rays and MRIs...?
:shock:
Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

LANDEN’S X RAY RESULTS! recap

Video starts with Jess on the phone to the doctors
X Ray was normal but they want to wait for the MRI to be done
Kaden hoovering (vacuuming I think you Americans call it lol)
Kyson and Kaden doing some vlogging talking about the weather/bullets (NERF bullets?)
Jess says they’re waiting for the countertop people to come and measure
She shows a corner of “S-H-I-T” in Jess’ words… random crap lmao
Addie sitting (on the floor thankfully) smiling while Jess rambles about the front door etc
Countertop people arrive
Sped up footage of her and Addie playing & Addie face plants the floor
More footage of Chris smashing tiles
They troll Lilia by saying “do you like the new counter top?” but she knows they’re joking
Twins return and Jess asks them if they like the counter tops but no kids seem to be playing along…
Kaden practising writing his name, Kyson’s name and numbers
Landen jumping downstairs crazily
Chris throws a dirty diaper at Jess from upstairs and she tries to fob it off on Kyson but he throws it back to Chris lmao
Kaden jumping down stairs crazily (DONT TRY THIS AT HOME! he shouts)
Skips forward, Jess says they’ve been cleaning all afternoon
Cuts to them at a baseball game, Gabe arrives because Logan is also playing
Logan tells the camera he scored his first run and he got to keep the baseball
Jess shows the twins baseball photos (CUTE!) then shots of twins playing baseball
Back home Jess says they have to live without countertops for 2 weeks
Tommy and big Caden are arriving next week so Jess think she will struggle with the kitchen situation (nowhere to prepare meals etc)
End of the vlog is kids brushing teeth and Jess editing

Hope no one minds me doing these :D

Return to “JesssFam”