sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Gossip without bitching at each other ffs :roll:

And about their style, Katie totally doesn't look happy or confident with her looks and she should try and change it if its such an issue. I don't think they'll make any effort to change themselves though. Cullen always looks sort of tacky when he gets dressed up.
The kids are so adorable tho
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

^^^ thank you, I agree. Lol. Ridiculous

But...going off of the idea that Katie will lose weight once she's done breastfeeding Brooks... I'm not so sure. I get the feeling she's not trying to lose the weight because her and Cullen plan to have another in the very near future. Their baby making time is limited due to age, and I can't see Katie losing the weight in a short amount of time, just to get pregnant again. I can't help but wonder what her doctor has to say about her weight and age with another pregnancy. I'm sure they advise her to make healthy choices and get light to moderate exercise, but I agree, I think that she is stuck in a rut and lacks motivation. Ugh, I wish I could just reach out and offer her help and support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:^^^ thank you, I agree. Lol. Ridiculous

But...going off of the idea that Katie will lose weight once she's done breastfeeding Brooks... I'm not so sure. I get the feeling she's not trying to lose the weight because her and Cullen plan to have another in the very near future. Their baby making time is limited due to age, and I can't see Katie losing the weight in a short amount of time, just to get pregnant again. I can't help but wonder what her doctor has to say about her weight and age with another pregnancy. I'm sure they advise her to make healthy choices and get light to moderate exercise, but I agree, I think that she is stuck in a rut and lacks motivation. Ugh, I wish I could just reach out and offer her help and support.

I agree with this too, if she does plan on having at least one more, it will be sooner than later, and she could have that whole "there is no point in losing all this weight just to gain it right back while i'm pregnant and breastfeeding" mentality, which i think a lot of women have. And once again, its not an excuse, but i do get the "point" if that makes sense.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Katie was breastfeeding during their detox and she lost weight at healthy pace. I don't think she's interested in losing the weight right now.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Lovethesnark wrote:Katie was breastfeeding during their detox and she lost weight at healthy pace. I don't think she's interested in losing the weight right now.
THIS! All of this.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I think it's so irresponsible for the both of them to plan to have more children without taking care of their own bodies. Katie had complications with Brooks. I don't understand why she wouldn't want to start her next pregnancy in the best shape possible. The extra weight could cause more complications. It certainly won't become easier to lose the weight as she gets older. They've mentioned wanting two more kids. It's likely she's going to be pregnant or nursing for the next 4-6 years. I don't think she has that much weight to lose now. I would guess around 30 or so pounds, but she's gained that weight since giving birth to Brooks. Add two more pregnancies on top of that and she could really have a battle on her hands. I'm not shaming her. Weight loss is hard. I'm a weight watchers member. I rejoined for the millionth time a few weeks ago. I hate just everything about it, but it's working. Everyday is a struggle, but being overweight is hard too. You just have to make a choice.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

They need to focus on a more healthy lifestyles and an exercise routine they can keep up with. Not just a quick fix weight loss plan.

sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Simple stuff. They need to cook more at home, walk more, stop being so lazy! Their career is YouTube. Not like they don't have the time
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:Katie was breastfeeding during their detox and she lost weight at healthy pace. I don't think she's interested in losing the weight right now.
It's hard to feel bad for her body image issues when they show how they eat. They're not "eating clean" . They're eating Chick Fil-A and ordering enough breakfast to feed 5 people, and they show the spread and Granddolly's, and even Kelly makes comments about how they eat.
When I gain weight, yeah, I feel badly. But I know what I have to do if I want to get rid of it. People like to make excuses for C&K. Saying that they can't lose weight because they live in the South and there's all that good food is the best one. Nobody holds them down and shoves it in. She's the one making the cheeseburger soup. She's the one ordering the omelette with 700 calories. I don't see them making any effort. And I'm not saying that to be mean. I like Katie. But PlaysinRain, I don't see her struggling with eating clean and working out and not seeing results. She's just not. And if it's because of depression, or just not caring enough, I don't know. But they're not "struggling". Because they're not trying. It's like they'd rather complain about not losing weight, and having poor self esteem, than actually try. I've gained a little, from being on steroids, and I am short, so it adds up quickly. But I know what I have to do. And I don't feel right complaining about it unless I have actually put in the effort.
That is just what I see. Maybe you see something else. We all filter it through our own feelings and experience.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

It would be better to lose some weight before a third pregnancy. Or slowly change eating habits and activity. They have more than enough time for change to increase their activity level with two stay at home parents.

I agree a new good fitting bra and some different style clothes would help enhance her body type.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Last edited by tratra58 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Anyone else think that she'll most likely be/try to be pregnant by fall or winter? I'd imagine they will want a third baby soon

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

ImmomSD, I agree with you. It all comes down to mind set. Whether Katie physically can or cannot lose weight while breast feeding is beside the point. In her mind, she can't, so I think she's stuck on the mental block of, "why bother?"

I completely get that it's hard for people to sympathize with someone who has the power to change something that they don't like, but instead, continues to complain without taking action. But it's like Playsinrain was saying, she knows what she has to do, but it's just easier to continue to do what she's already been doing. Making changes is extremely uncomfortable and hard work. It's just a part of life that comes easier to some than others, for various reasons. I think Katie has used BF as an excuse to stay in her comfort zone. I'm not saying that that's okay, but that's just how it appears.

Something definitely needs to change, though, for the sake of her health, the health of her future children, and even the wellbeing of her children now. That's why I said I wonder what her doctor has said to her, because I think that might be the only thing that will give her the wake up call that, "Hello! Something needs to change. You physically cannot afford to continue to go down the path that you're on without consequences." I like C&K, but I agree, they totally are lazy - detrimentally lazy. I'm really hoping that this move will bring them the change of pace that they need, and help boost them into a new chapter; a healthier one.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:ImmomSD, I agree with you. It all comes down to mind set. Whether Katie physically can or cannot lose weight while breast feeding is beside the point. In her mind, she can't, so I think she's stuck on the mental block of, "why bother?"

I completely get that it's hard for people to sympathize with someone who has the power to change something that they don't like, but instead, continues to complain without taking action. But it's like Playsinrain was saying, she knows what she has to do, but it's just easier to continue to do what she's already been doing. Making changes is extremely uncomfortable and hard work. It's just a part of life that comes easier to some than others, for various reasons. I think Katie has used BF as an excuse to stay in her comfort zone. I'm not saying that that's okay, but that's just how it appears.

Something definitely needs to change, though, for the sake of her health, the health of her future children, and even the wellbeing of her children now. That's why I said I wonder what her doctor has said to her, because I think that might be the only thing that will give her the wake up call that, "Hello! Something needs to change. You physically cannot afford to continue to go down the path that you're on without consequences." I like C&K, but I agree, they totally are lazy - detrimentally lazy. I'm really hoping that this move will bring them the change of pace that they need, and help boost them into a new chapter; a healthier one.
Very well put. I didn't mean to sound harsh. But it's like watching a friend go through it. And at a point, if you're a good friend, you say, "OK, this obviously bothers you. Either do something about it, or shut up". At least that's what my mom would do. And I try to do.
But you said it really well. Thanks!

DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I take back the comment about something for Brooks to change into. I hadn't seen the end of the vlog yet. But I don't get why they took all those Easter pictures with the other kids all dressed up and him in just a diaper.

They never explained what happened but he was even in only a diaper while they hunted eggs. I always have a backup outfit in my car even for my 3 year old so I'm nit sure what happened.

Mine are 5 and 7 years old and I still have back up clothes in the car at all times.
sunshine lollipops2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sunshine lollipops2 »

I totally agree with all of the above. From what I see Katie is extremely unhappy with her weight. She never dressed daily the way she does now. Oversized plain t/shirts with either shorts or leggings. To me she always had pride in what she looked like and how she presented herself on a daily basis. Now I think her care factor is nil. I don't like shame on people like this as everyone has a story but I feel like she needs help, that she's trapped and besides GrandDolly and her sister she doesn't have any other females to talk too. I like Katie, I like her parenting and values and I wish she can better herself

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

They're moving by the end of the month. That was really quick! I can't wait to see the new house.
PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

Yeah I don't understand her mindset when it comes to not taking care of herself. We had issues getting pregnant and I had this moment where I realized it was probably because of my health (and my husbands) so I stopped trying and gave myself a couple of months to get myself healthy before we try again. Cleaned up my eating, cut out the soda and coffee, took more vitamins and prenatal, and got myself checked out by every type of doctor. I feel more confident that I will have a healthy pregnancy and baby if I actually take care of myself first.
When I had a miscarriage by first thoughts where that I did something wrong. I was overweight, I ate like crap, I didn't work out etc. now I feel confident and ready because I am clean and healthy

amf2224
Talker
Talker

Unread post by amf2224 »

Sarai wrote:They're moving by the end of the month. That was really quick! I can't wait to see the new house.
I don't have time to watch the vlog yet. Did they show the inside of the house? Anyone able to find it? #notacreeper

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I am now dying to see the rest of the new house.
Blackmazda
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Blackmazda »

I've tried to find it based on what they showed, but no luck yet.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”