theJKtoday

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: theJKtoday

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Granddolly and Grandberry could alternate days. I like them both. I would love to see more of Granddolly's house, and Grandberry just cracks me up. I'd love to hang out with her!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:Granddolly and Grandberry could alternate days. I like them both. I would love to see more of Granddolly's house, and Grandberry just cracks me up. I'd love to hang out with her!

Grandberry is by far my favorite vlogger family member!! Shes hilarious! I love her!!!!
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

WhatSheSaid wrote:I've only watched a handful of vlogs, it's pretty boring and I found Kelley to be annoying, specifically her voice and constant smiling. I feel like Jay was letting himself be known, for lack if a better word. But I have no idea who Kelley is or what she does all day. She doesn't have any stories to tell or anything she is at all passionate about doing when she has time on her hands with kids at school? GrandDolly is a whole lot more interesting and someone I'd like to get to know better. She's someone I'd like to spend time watching.
I know being "just" a mom, wife and homemaker is the most important job and its great Jay's income provides the ability for her to do that, but her life seems a little empty. Short order cook for children at breakfast, take them to school, go to Costco, pick them up from school, takes Emily to gymnastics 2 days a week, cook dinner, edit. Aaaand repeat. Occasionally plays tennis or lunches with the ladies. No wonder her house is spotless, she has the time.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

OldHag wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:I've only watched a handful of vlogs, it's pretty boring and I found Kelley to be annoying, specifically her voice and constant smiling. I feel like Jay was letting himself be known, for lack if a better word. But I have no idea who Kelley is or what she does all day. She doesn't have any stories to tell or anything she is at all passionate about doing when she has time on her hands with kids at school? GrandDolly is a whole lot more interesting and someone I'd like to get to know better. She's someone I'd like to spend time watching.
I know being "just" a mom, wife and homemaker is the most important job and its great Jay's income provides the ability for her to do that, but her life seems a little empty. Short order cook for children at breakfast, take them to school, go to Costco, pick them up from school, takes Emily to gymnastics 2 days a week, cook dinner, edit. Aaaand repeat. Occasionally plays tennis or lunches with the ladies. No wonder her house is spotless, she has the time.
I think that's why they started a channel. She was bored. They knew they would get a ton of subscribers right off the bat because of C&K, so she learned how to edit to give her something to do.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

They are going to playlist live.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Thinks it was a tad rude to explain what went on in the neighbors house. I wouldn't appreciate that if it was my husband or some other family member having a medical emergency blasted on the internet.

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

Strawberry26 wrote:Thinks it was a tad rude to explain what went on in the neighbors house. I wouldn't appreciate that if it was my husband or some other family member having a medical emergency blasted on the internet.

I thought that was odd too. And he filmed the paramedics walking up the stairs... awkward! :?
snarkygrl33
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snarkygrl33 »

I think it was great that they used it as a example to have a discussion with the kids. It's important that the kids know what to do.

But I thought it was click-baity I saw their thumbnail earlier in the day before I had time to watch it, and thought something happened to THEM. And although they didn't actually SHOW their neighbors, I thought it was weird that they showed anything at all. They could've mentioned what happened and talked to the kids, and left it at that. Maybe they didn't have a lot of footage from that day. lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's not as bad as SlyFox. They showed an ambulance in their thumbnail, and the title was "Had to Call an Ambulance". They were outside vlogging, and the fast food place across the street called an ambulance for a customer. It had nothing to do with them, and they didn't even know the people involved. Ridiculous

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ok, I gave them a few months. I just can't get into their vlogs. The kids are nice in all but they are still awkward around the camera and Kelli the way she talks, so slow and babyish I just don't know. Jay seems more normal out of them. Also they do the mundane things for vlog content. A whole video on what to take to your grandparents house, a whole video of Emily coloring. I do wish they fix up her hair or address the speech issues. What's everyones take a few months in?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Strawberry26 wrote:Ok, I gave them a few months. I just can't get into their vlogs. The kids are nice in all but they are still awkward around the camera and Kelli the way she talks, so slow and babyish I just don't know. Jay seems more normal out of them. Also they do the mundane things for vlog content. A whole video on what to take to your grandparents house, a whole video of Emily coloring. I do wish they fix up her hair or address the speech issues. What's everyones take a few months in?

I wonder if living four doors down from C&K will make things more interesting. Be prepared for lots more Cullen and Jay pranks. I just can't when those two get together. It's like when he's around Jared and Bryan. Maybe I'm a stick in the mud, but I don't see the attraction if two moderately overweight guys in their 30's pranking each other. That bathtub orbeez one was just icky. I could go the rest of my life without seeing those two in a tub again, and consider myself blessed. My body isn't perfect either. But I am not uploading videos of myself half naked.

snarkygrl33
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snarkygrl33 »

Some of their vlogs are ok. I enjoy the cooking vlogs, and the voiceover video they did at Target, and their Q & A videos.

But Emily gets on my nerves sometimes. I was annoyed that day they got all those donuts from Krispy Kreme and Emily started crying because they forgot to put her chocolate sprinkle donut in. It's like really...you just got 3 dozen donuts and you're crying because you din't get a chocolate donut. Granted, I get pissed when the drive thru doesn't give me all my food. I dunno. I did think it was interesting that one day when kelley was vlogging when she was in timeout. And I can tell she gets jealous sometimes when Gaines is around. As for the speech, they have mentioned on instagram, that she's in speech therapy at school. I would feel bad saying anything about that because she can't really help it.

I thought it was so sweet how Jay went and Got Madelyn from the bus the other day...he is a great dad...and of course I was stalking the background of that footage for a glimpse of "the new house" :D :-P I'll have to go back and watch the vlog from a few weeks ago when they went on a bike ride around the hood to see if I can see it.

I just think that they're a family who has a pretty consisted routine during the week with school and whatnot, and maybe there's just not much to vlog about. Maybe during the summer they'll interesting things to show. I'll be interested to see what they think of Playlist live.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Strawberry26 wrote:Ok, I gave them a few months. I just can't get into their vlogs. The kids are nice in all but they are still awkward around the camera and Kelli the way she talks, so slow and babyish I just don't know. Jay seems more normal out of them. Also they do the mundane things for vlog content. A whole video on what to take to your grandparents house, a whole video of Emily coloring. I do wish they fix up her hair or address the speech issues. What's everyones take a few months in?
Honestly? I'd rather watch paint dry. Jay (and their channel) peaked on their introductory vlodg.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

snarkygrl33 wrote:Some of their vlogs are ok. I enjoy the cooking vlogs, and the voiceover video they did at Target, and their Q & A videos.

But Emily gets on my nerves sometimes. I was annoyed that day they got all those donuts from Krispy Kreme and Emily started crying because they forgot to put her chocolate sprinkle donut in. It's like really...you just got 3 dozen donuts and you're crying because you din't get a chocolate donut. Granted, I get pissed when the drive thru doesn't give me all my food. I dunno. I did think it was interesting that one day when kelley was vlogging when she was in timeout. And I can tell she gets jealous sometimes when Gaines is around. As for the speech, they have mentioned on instagram, that she's in speech therapy at school. I would feel bad saying anything about that because she can't really help it.

I thought it was so sweet how Jay went and Got Madelyn from the bus the other day...he is a great dad...and of course I was stalking the background of that footage for a glimpse of "the new house" :D :-P I'll have to go back and watch the vlog from a few weeks ago when they went on a bike ride around the hood to see if I can see it.

I just think that they're a family who has a pretty consisted routine during the week with school and whatnot, and maybe there's just not much to vlog about. Maybe during the summer they'll interesting things to show. I'll be interested to see what they think of Playlist live.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks Emily is a demanding, spoiled brat. The pictures on both Jay and Kelley's instagrams show lovely family pictures only to be ruined by Emily's hateful faces. Kelley posted a picture on Easter (or maybe the day before) of herself and Emily with a hateful look on her face and Kelley captioned it something to the effect of "Grumpy Gus" - almost like it's cute that Emily's always a grump. Are you kidding me? That kid needs some discipline and someone to explain to her that her attitude sucks. I'm not sure how Madelyne turned out the way she did, she seems like such a sweet girl. I've noticed the whole family really caters to Emily, including the other children. I heard Jay say, "Let Emily do that" when Bennett was doing something the other day.

Sidenote: I'm so sick of that damn intro song I have to skip it every video. I think it may be about time for another intro song.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Personal: My niece was like that. She used to make faces every time we tried to take a nice family picture. I kinda had to have her as a flower girl in my wedding, and I told my sister I was going to give her an old fashioned spanking if she ruined my expensive wedding photos. She turned out OK, but boy, I wondered how she was going to. She was an entitled butthead. And it didn't help that she was crazy smart. She's still a bit entitled, but she's overall an OK young lady.
So maybe it's just a phase...
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote:Personal: My niece was like that. She used to make faces every time we tried to take a nice family picture. I kinda had to have her as a flower girl in my wedding, and I told my sister I was going to give her an old fashioned spanking if she ruined my expensive wedding photos. She turned out OK, but boy, I wondered how she was going to. She was an entitled butthead. And it didn't help that she was crazy smart. She's still a bit entitled, but she's overall an OK young lady.
So maybe it's just a phase...
Hopefully it's a phase she will outgrow. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

I think the problem with JKtoday is that they are not naturally open people, Jay comes across as an introvert, and Kelley seems like she isn't a very open person, like she behaves differently when the camera is off, and that probably makes it hard for them to talk about "nothing" to the camera... the stuff they deem as unimportant. They should switch off to vlogging 2-3 times a week and work on including interesting content on their vlogs, because it looks like they are struggling.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Kelly has a upper nasally voice but it is super flat and monotone at the same time. Between that and the loud ass song that plays I can see how they aren't doing well.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

nutbagmcgee wrote:Kelly has a upper nasally voice but it is super flat and monotone at the same time. Between that and the loud ass song that plays I can see how they aren't doing well.
The loud music over the ridiculously sped up montages are quite annoying and are showing up in almost EVERY vlog. I fast forward most of it and always stop it before they scream "JK OWWWWWT" because I think it's obnoxious.
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

I love the parts where Emily goes to gymnastics and where Cullen and Katie and the JK Today are together :love2:

Emily was so sweet playing with Macey today. She's progressing
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:

Return to “Cullen and Katie”