John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by actuallydear »

hwarner wrote:Have Ellie and Jared said anything about this yet? All I've seen were pics and videos at Disney with their happy and healthy kids and showing a positive ovulation test Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nope. but i fully expect ellie to bring up that time she thought she lost calvin when she first found out she was pregnant... which is completely different and you know, irrelevant.

poor joan. i've been thinking about her.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Don't get me wrong, I think E+J are disgusting people who have little to no moral ethic. But, I have to believe that they have spoken to Joan and if they aren't saying anything about it, it's per her request. Whether that means they won't talk about it at all, or have been asked to give it some time, I don't know.

Buuuut, you can bet your sweet ass that once/if they talk about it, Ellie will find a way to make it about herself. Count on it. Or, it'll just be inserted at the end of a vlog in a clip of Jared talking while half asleep in his office. He'll make a lame excuse for Ellie not being there - that she doesn't feel good or is exhausted from being the world's best mom or some shit. Meanwhile, Ellie will be laughing (squealing) herself to the bank in a tub full of lush balls and ovulation tests, while giving zero fucks about Joan.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think E+J are disgusting people who have little to no moral ethic. But, I have to believe that they have spoken to Joan and if they aren't saying anything about it, it's per her request. Whether that means they won't talk about it at all, or have been asked to give it some time, I don't know.

Buuuut, you can bet your sweet ass that once/if they talk about it, Ellie will find a way to make it about herself. Count on it. Or, it'll just be inserted at the end of a vlog in a clip of Jared talking while half asleep in his office. He'll make a lame excuse for Ellie not being there - that she doesn't feel good or is exhausted from being the world's best mom or some shit. Meanwhile, Ellie will be laughing (squealing) herself to the bank in a tub full of lush balls and ovulation tests, while giving zero fucks about Joan.
I would love to think this, but Ellie follows Joan's IG and hasn't even said a word. She's been on IG tons, so I don't think it would be hard. Plus the thumbnail of that ovulation stick and all the TTC talk.....

I really just think she's that insensitive. I think she's good at saying things a few days later because she's seen how others react and can put on the proper social cues.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I really just think she's that insensitive. I think she's good at saying things a few days later because she's seen how others react and can put on the proper social cues.
You summed it up perfectly on the social cues with Ellie. I never thought about this, but you are right.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I really just think she's that insensitive. I think she's good at saying things a few days later because she's seen how others react and can put on the proper social cues.
You summed it up perfectly on the social cues with Ellie. I never thought about this, but you are right.
Bleh. I agree. With that in mind, I get such creepy vibes. Like she's some creepy psychopath lmao
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
Not my first rodeo. There was a time I was a big E&J fan and would defend them against any criticism. Then I started to notice a complete lack of empathy in her, and once I did, it was hard not to notice it time and time again. The empathy for others, and a proper reaction to things just isn't there with her. She's immature, but it goes beyond that.

Bonnie talks about hating her weight...Ellie cuts her off and talks about how hard it is to be thin too.

Ellie gives Bonnie a birthday present... tells the room how it was expensive so she used 1/3 of it.

Missy has a hard and upsetting labour.... Ellie says it was hilarious.

Aunt Sonia is ill in the hospital.... Ellie looks annoyed, bored and disinterested in being there.

Wrinkles dies .... An unaffected Ellie still makes Jared go have a fun dinner at the Hoelleins.

The Mechams have to clean out their family home. .. Ellie acts like it's a party and loud and obnoxiously refers to things as junk.

Aunt Sonia dies... Ellie has a wonderful day!

Jennifer asks Ellie to shave her head... Ellie doesn't mention it to Bonnie at all which causes her to be hurt (Ruby and Beau were there so it was just Bonnie left out).

Jackson hits his head and gets knocked out = family night (no ER visit). Calvin stops breathing AND Jackson hits his head = family night (no ER visit)... Ellie has the sniffles and everyone has to immediately head to urgent care even though it's early and the kids haven't had breakfast.

And many other instances....

My point is, I can sit here and think of so many times where I thought Ellie showed a lack of empathy, or had a cold (or weird) reaction to something, but I cannot think of very many where she had an appropriate one. Nothing that doesn't involve Ellie herself in some way (even indirectly), or her family.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Not my first rodeo. There was a time I was a big E&J fan and would defend them against any criticism. Then I started to notice a complete lack of empathy in her, and once I did, it was hard not to notice it time and time again. The empathy for others, and a proper reaction to things just isn't there with her. She's immature, but it goes beyond that.

Bonnie talks about hating her weight...Ellie cuts her off and talks about how hard it is to be thin too.

Ellie gives Bonnie a birthday present... tells the room how it was expensive so she used 1/3 of it.

Missy has a hard and upsetting labour.... Ellie says it was hilarious.

Aunt Sonia is ill in the hospital.... Ellie looks annoyed, bored and disinterested in being there.

Wrinkles dies .... An unaffected Ellie still makes Jared go have a fun dinner at the Hoelleins.

The Mechams have to clean out their family home. .. Ellie acts like it's a party and loud and obnoxiously refers to things as junk.

Aunt Sonia dies... Ellie has a wonderful day!

Jennifer asks Ellie to shave her head... Ellie doesn't mention it to Bonnie at all which causes her to be hurt (Ruby and Beau were there so it was just Bonnie left out).

Jackson hits his head and gets knocked out = family night (no ER visit). Calvin stops breathing AND Jackson hits his head = family night (no ER visit)... Ellie has the sniffles and everyone has to immediately head to urgent care even though it's early and the kids haven't had breakfast.

And many other instances....

My point is, I can sit here and think of so many times where I thought Ellie showed a lack of empathy, or had a cold (or weird) reaction to something, but I cannot think of very many where she had an appropriate one. Nothing that doesn't involve Ellie herself in some way (even indirectly), or her family.
This is so eye opening to what a piece of shit she is. You should post this in he E + J thread. It would be impossible for a minion to excuse all this, unless they're just horrible people as well.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

jeez, my heart is so broken for her.

she posted on instagram that she will be taking a break from the internet in part because she isn't ready to be seeing "rainbow babies and announcements". i am so mad at ellie and jared for flaunting their positive ovulation test the way they have. i hope somehow joan hadn't seen it but i'm sure she did. i'm glad she will be taking time away for her own sake

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Blehmieux wrote:jeez, my heart is so broken for her.

she posted on instagram that she will be taking a break from the internet in part because she isn't ready to be seeing "rainbow babies and announcements". i am so mad at ellie and jared for flaunting their positive ovulation test the way they have. i hope somehow joan hadn't seen it but i'm sure she did. i'm glad she will be taking time away for her own sake

It's such an unnecessary post too. No one needs to see that. No one posts those ever, so why bother? Why do it NOW? That is so unbelievably insensitive, that it makes me think Ellie is actually competing with Joan for attention.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Bananasplit wrote:They may have opted for a d&c to test the embryo for any abnormalities. I've had multiple miscarriages and with the first 2 I just miscarried naturally but after that my ob wanted to do d&cs check for that. With Joan's previous history I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor in deciding to get a d&c.
That's a good point. I'm really surprised that they didn't test the embryo's for abnormalities before they put one in. I don't know how much that costs but it may have been worth it to not go through another loss.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
Bananasplit wrote:They may have opted for a d&c to test the embryo for any abnormalities. I've had multiple miscarriages and with the first 2 I just miscarried naturally but after that my ob wanted to do d&cs check for that. With Joan's previous history I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor in deciding to get a d&c.
That's a good point. I'm really surprised that they didn't test the embryo's for abnormalities before they put one in. I don't know how much that costs but it may have been worth it to not go through another loss.

They're keeping the embryo. Can they still do tissue tests from it? I think the real reason they got the D&C was because they wanted the family to be together (their words).
snarkygrl33
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snarkygrl33 »

I watched their Q & A video and John's video about how he deals with crisis.. It sounds like they sure had some horrible things said and done to them by people who they thought were their friends. So sad. Jon definitely seems like the strong one, but I hope that HE is taking time for HIMSELF to grieve and doesn't always put his own grief aside to hold Joan up. I hope that makes sense. It will be interesting to see what happens to them, and what they do next. I hope they both go to therapy to help them through this time. I can totally understand why Joan wants to take a break from social media...She seems like someone who would be deeply hurt by anyone who announces any happy news regarding a baby...and understandably so, after all that she's been through.

.which brings me to my next point...

I have mixed feelings about Ellie's picture....I am in no way defending Ellie and/or Jared. BUT....would you all feel differently if they had posted that same picture they posted today in two weeks or 2 months? Is it just because it's Ellie and they are the ones who started the IVF donation? I know it stings today because of everything going on with Joan. But I do feel that Ellie and Jared have a right to share what they feel are their triumphs even if their timing may not have been the best, and even if I couldn't care less about her peeing on a stick. Personally, I think all youtubers (Jon and Joan included) announce pregnancies way too soon anyway. But that's a whole 'nother discussion. Just tell me WHEN you're pregnant. I don't really care to know when you're trying. LOL

AGAIN- I am not defending them, I rarely even WATCH their vlogs because they seem so fake and perfect to me. I can't relate to them. But I wanted to throw that out there.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^ the timing is terrible... the worst, and posting an ovulation stick is completely unnecessary. Not to mention, they are trying to pander to the IF audience, to which positive pee sticks can be triggering.

Now for why I feel E&J had a responsibility to say something sensitive today.... they told their audience Joan and John were pregnant, and now it's their job to "untell" to avoid any possibility of causing them pain. This goes for real life, if you hear someone is pregnant, and you pass that info along, you have a responsibility to pass the worse news on. I've been on the receiving end of many late "congratulations" before, and it's heartbreaking when you are barely holding on as it is.

E&J started their little contest. They benefitted from people sharing their painful stories. Then, a month later, they turn around and start carrying on about TTC as though IF is something that's easily managed with proper timing. It's a huge fuck you to all the contestants and winners (who, by the way, found out it wasn't all covered and many of whom are still saving) and I can't believe E&J are just stupid and didn't realize the poor timing. I don't think they care, and don't honestly feel much about Joan's loss at all. Their works is perfect, and that's all that matters....
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

personally i would have felt a lot better about it if they HAD waited to post about this. i don't expect them to put their lives on hold because joan + john are going through a miscarriage, but it also doesn't take anything away from e+j (except maybe a tiny amount of views) to just not post about ovulating right now, especially on the very day that she is having her surgery.

it's also not like joan is just some woman they kinda sorta know- she was pregnant literally because of their grant, so you'd think they would feel a bit more of an obligation to be thoughtful of her during this time, considering how much they (fake) cried over how important it is to them to help people through infertility.

i haven't seen them send her any well wishes so far. to me it's just so outlandishly self-centred of them to be boasting about how amazing they feel with this ovulation "announcement" while their grant winner is going through a horrific heartbreak, without even pausing to send their condolences.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I have to wonder if Ellie and Jared will feel obligated to give them another grant. I mean if they don't will Joan and john be able to do ivf again? Probably not.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

marshmallowfluf wrote:I have to wonder if Ellie and Jared will feel obligated to give them another grant. I mean if they don't will Joan and john be able to do ivf again? Probably not.

I had thought that maybe acting like they are unaware of the loss, or as though it has nothing to do with them, is a way to distance themselves from this expectation or idea from the viewers. Seems to at least give their disregard some logic or reasoning.
snarkygrl33
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snarkygrl33 »

That's an interesting point, but why should E & J feel obligated to give them another IVF Treatment? Don't get me wrong I'm beyond heartbroken for Jon & Joan and I even voted for them. But how would that be fair to the other couples who haven't even gotten pregnant yet and may even have issues getting pregnant? Would they be expected to offer everyone a second try? And what happens if, heaven forbid, something happened on the second try? Would they be expected to pay for a third treatment? I would hope that maybe the fertility clinic would step in and offer, but that's a lot to expect from Ellie and Jared. It will be interesting to see of they address that.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

fossilfinger wrote: They're keeping the embryo. Can they still do tissue tests from it? I think the real reason they got the D&C was because they wanted the family to be together (their words).
''They're keeping the embryo'' ''because they wanted the family to be together (their words)''
Forgive me if I misunderstood, are you saying that they said they're keeping the actual embryo as a way to 'keep' their family together?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

How can you keep an embryo?
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Sarai wrote:How can you keep an embryo? Image
I've never heard of keeping the remains from a D&C because everything is in pieces. And not only that but it's still considered human tissue so I think there are policies against removing that from medical facilities.

So if they managed to avoid all of that that my guess is they're keeping the remains in formaldehyde or something.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”