JesssFam: Physician Suspicion (Part 91)

ClitoricTease
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Physician Suspicion (Part 91)

Unread post by ClitoricTease »

Shawn2011 wrote:
soma31 wrote:Here in Australia we do the condoms on plastic penises thing too lol. As awkward as it was at the time, I'm so glad our schools actually have compulsory sex ed. The US has a lot of things going for it but it's education system definitely isn't one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*When you misplace an apostrophe while criticising another country's education system
Well aren't you clever. Not.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

We didn't even get sex ed for my class (I'm 28) and when I graduated high school, we had one girl already give birth and two more pregnant out of a class of 122 (there were boys in that 122 though lol)

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
hlit4
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hlit4 »

tinybeartender wrote:
SweetAsANutMate wrote:
RaginaPhalanges wrote: They need to be careful with that. It's illegal in some states for non-biological children of the opposite sex to share a room.

Jesus Christ is there an incest/very underage sex epidemic in the US or something? I hear the same for biological children.
Well, I was told by some people that grew up in the US that sex education is in some states still not the norm, or it is taught only in connction with religious believes. So I'm not surprised that some people might overinterpret everything in this case.
Yep. Sex Ed when I was in high school 10 years ago and my brother last year was just abstinence. Not even teaching how to use a condom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I've heard the bad rep of US sex ed but that is terrible! No wonder so many girls there say birth control failed them, they probably weren't using it right! Here in UK, I can remember putting a condom onto a plastic purple penis and blushing bright red, along with the rest of the class lol. Anyone aged 13 or over here can have free contraception (condoms, pills, implants, injections etc.) as well as discreet STI tests, never the less people still get pregnant/STI's but hey, what more can you do.

OT but didn't realise how many people on this forum are 19 turning 20 this year! I'm still working out how to look after myself, so utmost respect for the women here my age with little ones, I don't think I'd cope! :)[/quote]

Luckily I grew up in a state that actually taught sex Ed (NY). It really varies on the state. I remember being in 5th grade learning about puberty and sex. And then middle/ high school we also did the whole purple penis condom thing. But NY is a very liberal state.
Also OT but I'm 19 turning 20 too Image

charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

I had pretty indepth sex ed, but it was WAY too late. I'm talking I had already been having sex for a year. They gave it to us at the end of 10th grade.

I don't really see a problem with Lilia sharing her room when they're there (at this age and not every night). Unless Tommy and Caden need to be together to be comfortable in a house full of mild strangers lol.
berrybitch
Talker
Talker

Unread post by berrybitch »

Random but now that she's about to outgrow her infant seat I wonder if they're gonna get another Diono. Has she mentioned getting a convertible in any of the vlogs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

berrybitch wrote:Random but now that she's about to outgrow her infant seat I wonder if they're gonna get another Diono. Has she mentioned getting a convertible in any of the vlogs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
She mentioned that she used to love the Dionos but that she really isn't liking them anymore. So possibly she would get something else.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Jess picked the absolute worst infant seat possible. There are SO many better choices.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

It's so weird knowing someone here is my age and lives in my state, I always thought they're much older than I am
Echox3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Echox3 »

Sorry to stay off topic but on the topic of sex ed; I was in a small town high school. The only thing they mentioned is that girls get periods once a month. That's literally it.
But it was also rated the third worst school in all of Canada for the longest time lmao

Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

notapnutmommy wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:
SweetAsANutMate wrote:
Jesus Christ is there an incest/very underage sex epidemic in the US or something? I hear the same for biological children.
Well, I was told by some people that grew up in the US that sex education is in some states still not the norm, or it is taught only in connection with religious believes. So I'm not surprised that some people might overinterpret everything in this case.
Yep. Sex Ed when I was in high school 10 years ago and my brother last year was just abstinence. Not even teaching how to use a condom.

I love, love, loooooove that approach *sarcasm*. While I'm the first one to say "it's easier not to do stuff, then actually getting up the courage to do stuff", this thought process always cracks me up. "Rule nr. 1: Kids just live sex-free", yeah right and if I'm in a relationship? "Rule nr. 2: No sex until marriage", and if I don't wanna get married? "Rule nr. 1 applies in that case", uh huh, sure, thanks for the tip. At least teachers like that provide on thing for their students: they pay taxes, so at least the future babies that might result from such useful advise are cared for by the state in most ways.

I wonder what kind of education Jess had. I feel like she knew too much and too little at the same time.
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Echox3 wrote:Sorry to stay off topic but on the topic of sex ed; I was in a small town high school. The only thing they mentioned is that girls get periods once a month. That's literally it.
But it was also rated the third worst school in all of Canada for the longest time lmao

I think since Jess literally has a sex education class as her life, I'd say it's still kind of on topic. Everything that you should learn she covered multiple times: having sex-different kinds of birthcontrol or lack there of-getting pregnant-labour-different birthing experiences and having twins-raising babies. That's sex ed in a nutshell :D
colemanl1997
Talker
Talker

Unread post by colemanl1997 »

hlit4 wrote:
tinybeartender wrote:
SweetAsANutMate wrote: Jesus Christ is there an incest/very underage sex epidemic in the US or something? I hear the same for biological children.
Well, I was told by some people that grew up in the US that sex education is in some states still not the norm, or it is taught only in connction with religious believes. So I'm not surprised that some people might overinterpret everything in this case.

I've heard the bad rep of US sex ed but that is terrible! No wonder so many girls there say birth control failed them, they probably weren't using it right! Here in UK, I can remember putting a condom onto a plastic purple penis and blushing bright red, along with the rest of the class lol. Anyone aged 13 or over here can have free contraception (condoms, pills, implants, injections etc.) as well as discreet STI tests, never the less people still get pregnant/STI's but hey, what more can you do.

OT but didn't realise how many people on this forum are 19 turning 20 this year! I'm still working out how to look after myself, so utmost respect for the women here my age with little ones, I don't think I'd cope! :)[/quote]

Luckily I grew up in a state that actually taught sex Ed (NY). It really varies on the state. I remember being in 5th grade learning about puberty and sex. And then middle/ high school we also did the whole purple penis condom thing. But NY is a very liberal state.

Haha I thought that too, I'm in the UK I had the sex ed including the purple penis haha I remember my teacher sitting on the table surrounded by dildos petting them ImageImage
I used condoms but made the mistake of not having an extra method so got pregnant. I'm very lucky so have been with a guy who is willing to stick around obviously I don't know about the future but right now we are a very happy little family and as soon as I could got the iud, I'm set for ten years and no more mini Mes running around Image

Bambi_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bambi_ »

hlit4 wrote:
tinybeartender wrote:
SweetAsANutMate wrote: Jesus Christ is there an incest/very underage sex epidemic in the US or something? I hear the same for biological children.

Honestly, I don't think think it's fair to to say the US doesn't do a good job teaching sex Ed. It's a big country with lots of school districts. I'm from Southern California and the school I attended taught us sex Ed. It started in 4th grade explaining about puberty of both boys and girls. Then in 5th grade we learned about sex and contraceptives.

pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

I'm in the UK and didn't really get any sex Ed at all but then again I went to *~*~*~catholic school~*~*~* so probably no sex Ed was better than throwing anti abortion and anti condom propaganda at us

pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

I'm in the UK and didn't really get any sex Ed at all but then again I went to *~*~*~catholic school~*~*~* so probably no sex Ed was better than throwing anti abortion and anti condom propaganda at us

pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

Seriously, why are we trashing the US suddenly School systems should teach sex and drug education to a point, but in my opinion, the rest is up to the parents. I don't think we need to frown upon the US because of its sex Ed classes (or lack thereof) this is getting way off topic. Anyways, I had drug abuse classes starting in 5th grade, and sex education/health class all through high school. I think that's plenty.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

pinkdiamond_3 wrote:Seriously, why are we trashing the US suddenly Image School systems should teach sex and drug education to a point, but in my opinion, the rest is up to the parents. I don't think we need to frown upon the US because of its sex Ed classes (or lack thereof) this is getting way off topic. Anyways, I had drug abuse classes starting in 5th grade, and sex education/health class all through high school. I think that's plenty.

Because a lot of parents don't. The sex Ed system is very lack lustre. The kids get their info mainly from school and their friends. My parents are amazing, but never really talked to me about sex Ed. We had a really great system in Canada starting in grade 5. Now we start teaching them about their bodies in grade 1. You do make a fantastic point about the drug abuse class though!

cjl123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cjl123 »

I'm sure this topic is about to be shut down, as it should be but why is it a schools responsibility to to teach a child about condoms and birth control? Why can't parents take some initiative and educate their own children? I get schools teaching about sexual reproduction and sexual organs but damn do they have to pull out a banana and teach you how to put on a condom. Some kids want to be grown enough to jump on each other, they need to be grown enough to take BC.

ber614
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ber614 »

Remember that the sex education in US also differs by state and school. I am from California and we had a short sex ed class (mostly about puberty, but we did talk about sex too) in 4th and 5th grade. Then I had it every year since 6th where we talked about pregnancy and STI prevention and were even provided with condoms and directions to the local clinc where anyone over 12 has acess to birth control and STI testing. We also had free condoms in the nurses office. So, I think our sex ed was pretty good for being in the US. No one in my graduating class was a teen parent but we only had like 150 students in my class.
miamaldari
Talker
Talker

Unread post by miamaldari »

Bambi_ wrote:
hlit4 wrote:
tinybeartender wrote: Well, I was told by some people that grew up in the US that sex education is in some states still not the norm, or it is taught only in connction with religious believes. So I'm not surprised that some people might overinterpret everything in this case.

OT but didn't realise how many people on this forum are 19 turning 20 this year! I'm still working out how to look after myself, so utmost respect for the women here my age with little ones, I don't think I'd cope! :)

Honestly, I don't think think it's fair to to say the US doesn't do a good job teaching sex Ed. It's a big country with lots of school districts. I'm from Southern California and the school I attended taught us sex Ed. It started in 4th grade explaining about puberty of both boys and girls. Then in 5th grade we learned about sex and contraceptives.

wow, fifth grade and learning about contraceptives? personally i feel like that's a little young to be getting 'the talk'. we learned about puberty in 6th grade which i think is a little late but about contraceptives and sex in 7th and now again in 10th. perfect timing for me in 7th grade, because i was starting to get curious. it was nice to satisfy my curiosity but it also wasn't that in depth.

Return to “JesssFam”