E+J: The Cycle of Life - Part 23

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: E+J: The Cycle of Life - Part 23

Unread post by actuallydear »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ellie is so dumb she probably thinks if you ovulate you are guaranteed to get pregnant. She is way too positive about this and it's getting on my nerves. It seems she would be more reserved with the history she has. I got pregnant very easily twice and I wasn't like her at all while trying. It is so strange to me. I didn't get excited until a positive pregnancy test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lord help us all if she does manage to 'catch tha ayyyygg' the first go. #winning
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

actuallydear wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ellie is so dumb she probably thinks if you ovulate you are guaranteed to get pregnant. She is way too positive about this and it's getting on my nerves. It seems she would be more reserved with the history she has. I got pregnant very easily twice and I wasn't like her at all while trying. It is so strange to me. I didn't get excited until a positive pregnancy test.

lord help us all if she does manage to 'catch tha ayyyygg' the first go. #winning
She'd still claim IF.

She's not giving that "special snowflake" status up.

ETA: Ellie uses it as a story that makes her special. This isn't a comment to offend anyone with IF. I'm an unfortunate member of the club.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Ellie totally thinks Jesus will put a baby in her uterus because she deserves it and has changed for the better. Look at all the good they have done for the infertility community! (Sarcasm)

Reality check lady Jesus doesn't give babies to people because they deserve it. Crackheads and murderers get pregnant too.

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ellie totally thinks Jesus will put a baby in her uterus because she deserves it and has changed for the better. Look at all the good they have done for the infertility community! (Sarcasm)

Reality check lady Jesus doesn't give babies to people because they deserve it. Crackheads and murderers get pregnant too.

So if Ellie feels that God rewards the deserving, why hold the pain olympics? Shouldn't that mean that God is denying them a child because he doesn't want them to have one? In Ellie's mind, is God working miracles through her by giving grants to the chosen few?

Plus this is a pretty shitty mentality given what just happened to Joan. If Ellie feels she's going to get pregnant because she deserves it, I can't help but feel like she's unsympathetic to Joan because she just mustn't be as deserving in Ellie's mind.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

I am so disgusted with Ellie and Jared and how they have handled the last few days. I thought the IVF grant was a nice thing for them to do, and thought the criticism for it was a bit unfair, but now I can see that everyone was just predicting exactly what ended up happening. E&J have short attention spans. They jump from one achievement to the next with very little preparation, enjoyment and planning. It appears that they have dropped the IVF applicants, just as they dropped Aunt Sonya after they got the shirt donations. That's old news... no on to baby making! So fun!!!!

I expected more of Jared really. I'm disappointed because I don't think the boys are going to grow up with a very good influence if Ellie is running the show, and Jared isn't going to have even the slightest bit of self awareness.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

They are laying it on so thick...

How are they so confident they will get pregnant this month? She HAS to be on Femara already and they just never mentioned that.
SweetDreams
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SweetDreams »

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Oh I'm not defending making one, just saying in her mind she's probably just "updating" the story. The title had to change to reflect the change in procedure (egg transfer vs full IVF).
Do you think it shows her desperation with having a baby she is already thinking about a future egg transfer? I hope she can cope with the grief with this loss and a possible future loss if they are not able to achieve a good outcome. I thought she said she is already receiving some help with grief?

Would the E+J IVF grant cover a second egg transfer procedure?
Just wanted to say it's very common to focus on getting pregnant again immediately after a loss. Many parents who lost a baby (or at least the baby they imagined) need to think ahead like that to have any sense of hope.

Uggggh to Ellie assuming all of a sudden she has a normal cycle. she says she gets her period every 2-3 months and then assumes bc she got a positive ovulation test it means there is an egg to catch and a two week window ahead. Uhhh no Ellie- what makes you think you all of a sudden have a normal length cycle? It is mind boggling that someone can be so stupid about her body and broadcast it to the world. Stupidity aside, I completely agree with everything y'all are saying about their insensitivity to the IF community, especially given the situation with John and Joan.
I am torn between blaming stupidity/ ignorance and greed. Probably a little of both?
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

She just posted a new Instagram pic of.... You guessed it just Calvin. I was scrolling back through her feed and there's not many of just Jackson... The last couple months have just been Calvin.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I just don't get her confidence about the timing, especially since she was carrying on about almost losing Jackson today. He was conceived during properly timed intercourse and Ellie was devastated at the time because she thought they missed their shot at an IUI. She wasn't excited and sure she was pregnant then. Why the confidence now? Because she has since conceived Calvin so easily?
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also noticed they've been tagging park savers too in the insta pics

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I finally saw the IG story with Calvin "dancing". It was so sad the way Jackson ran up and started dancing. He was every bit as cute, and Jared couldn't even keep him in frame! Grrrr.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I just read up a bunch on Femara and learned that A) it's primarily used for breast cancer patients, since it suppresses estrogen levels, which can stop/slow the growth of a tumor, and B) some physicians won't prescribe it due to possibly (not proven) increasing the chance of birth defects.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
bffb3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by bffb3 »

Why does she keep filming Calvin sleeping? It's not cute. I really don't want to dislike an innocent child but she makes it so easy...
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Just picturing Ellie with a 3rd child makes me nauseous.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

littlebaby wrote:I just read up a bunch on Femara and learned that A) it's primarily used for breast cancer patients, since it suppresses estrogen levels, which can stop/slow the growth of a tumor, and B) some physicians won't prescribe it due to possibly (not proven) increasing the chance of birth defects.

femara is being used more now, maybe even more so than clomid. a true miracle drug, tbh.
galifreyancatlady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galifreyancatlady »

Buzzfeed posted a video today of Mormon Missionary Problems. I really hope they continue the LDS cracks

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I really feel like they're going to have a third boy for some reason. Also just realized Ellie is the only Griffiths child without a daughter as their first-born. Ha ha.

sunshine lollipops2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sunshine lollipops2 »

Anyone else think that maybe Minnie Mouse reads here by the way she favouriting Jackson with kisses...Bless whoever was in the costume. He truly is a sweetheart and deserved all those kisses and attention from her

meklops
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by meklops »

sunshine lollipops2 wrote:Anyone else think that maybe Minnie Mouse reads here by the way she favouriting Jackson with kisses...Bless whoever was in the costume. He truly is a sweetheart and deserved all those kisses and attention from her Image

It's silly but I thought she might know Jackson from their videos, or here, too. Characters are super sweet, but Minnie was just covering him with kisses, more so than usual.

And little Jackson was so happy, it broke my heart.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Minnie if you're in here blink twice!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”