Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Cycle of Life - Part 23

Unread post by flybabykris_2017 »

littlebaby wrote:
Puppiedogeyes wrote:Hahaha!
I have to agree with the person who said he/she wouldn't believe that whole infertility thing.
It may be true that they weren't protecting but thats a whole different story than actually trying to get pregnant.
My husband and I (or is it my husband and me ??- I am german, please forgive and correct me. I always want to improve!) weren't really protecting for a couple of years and i kind of started to think that there's soooo many girls who get pregnant during their first time or just unwanted. I was really surprised I didn't get pregnant.
But I never would have said we were trying this whole time!
Then again I wouldn't ever post my life on YouTube and live that huge big lie they are living. It must be hard to keep up with all the things they are telling different people. I truly feel sorry for them because that's not what life is about.

I think it's really sad that there are soo many women who don't know anything about their cycle and period. Here in school in Germany we learned about those things at an awkward age, so i kinda get why many didn't really work with the teacher since they were embarrassed to talk about genitals and all those things Image but it's sad that there's sooo many young women who just take their pill and don't want to know anything behind that...
Your English is fantastic! You're right, it is "my husband and I". When trying to decide whether to use "me" or "I" in that instance, try only saying me/I with the verb that follows. If you wanted to say that you and your husband went to the store, you have either:

"My husband and I went to the store" or
"My husband and me went to the store."

"I went" vs. "Me went". You wouldn't start a sentence with "me went," so it's "I went" :) Many native English speakers don't even know or follow this rule (in my experience, at least). Sometimes you have to change the conjugation of the verb, but it still stands. In your example, "My husband and I weren't really protecting", you could say "I *wasn't* really protecting" or "Me wasn't really protecting". Since "me wasn't" doesn't make sense, it would be "my husband and I" :)

Ellie could use some lessons from you. :D

The other day she said "It's already been so different feel with being on Disneyland". Which *literally* makes NO sense, and isn't even the type of sentence structure that someone learning English would accidentally use. She could have said something like "It already feels different being at Disneyland" but of course she had to Ellie it up.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
I actually think she meant that it was a completely different feeling this trip because they were staying at a hotel that's located on the Disneyland property versus staying off-site. But she could have formed a proper sentence instead of just putting random words together. Image Maybe something like "It already feels so different staying here on-site at Disneyland instead of having to drive here." But then again... she ain't no good at speakin'. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

Whomever said Jared would address the Joan & John situation alone, while giving some stupid excuse for Ellie's absence was so, so right!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

time stamp on the joan comment? i don't want to put myself though the entire vlog... it's too early in the morning for that shit.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

actuallydear wrote:time stamp on the joan comment? i don't want to put myself though the entire vlog... it's too early in the morning for that shit.
It's at the very beginning of the vlog. Ellie and Jared are together and mentioned a different couple that is pregnant due to the ivf grant. Ellie then leaves the room to check on the kids, then Jared by himself discusses Joan's miscarriage.

Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Rullakebab »

actuallydear wrote:time stamp on the joan comment? i don't want to put myself though the entire vlog... it's too early in the morning for that shit.
The vlog starts with that, first Jared announces another ivf grant pregnancy and then at about 0:24 starts to talk about the situation with Joan. Ellie "had to leave" before that, she was present when they had the "awesome" news but didn't want to be there for the bad news. I see now, why many here say that she is unemphatic when it comes to stuff like this. But it's for the best. She would have made it all about her-
meklops
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by meklops »

My God, it was so cringy to me that they really think everyone is thinking about their hypothetical baby, and making jokes and references to it, when SHE'S MERELY OVULATING. Even Bryan (who let's be honest I dislike too) was like 'wtf'.
mandie264
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mandie264 »

Is there a reason that E+J's vlog has about 8K views more than B+M's vlog today even though daily bumps has many more subs??!! Just something I noticed....
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Rullakebab wrote:
The vlog starts with that, first Jared announces another ivf grant pregnancy and then at about 0:24 starts to talk about the situation with Joan. Ellie "had to leave" before that, she was present when they had the "awesome" news but didn't want to be there for the bad news. I see now, why many here say that she is unemphatic when it comes to stuff like this. But it's for the best. She would have made it all about her-
It is for the best, but I majorly judge Jared for enabling this. It's fine for them to censor how she is to protect her public image, but I feel for the kids living in her house and learning from her. They deserve better.
Puppiedogeyes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Puppiedogeyes »

littlebaby wrote:
Puppiedogeyes wrote:Hahaha!
I have to agree with the person who said he/she wouldn't believe that whole infertility thing.
It may be true that they weren't protecting but thats a whole different story than actually trying to get pregnant.
My husband and I (or is it my husband and me ??- I am german, please forgive and correct me. I always want to improve!) weren't really protecting for a couple of years and i kind of started to think that there's soooo many girls who get pregnant during their first time or just unwanted. I was really surprised I didn't get pregnant.
But I never would have said we were trying this whole time!
Then again I wouldn't ever post my life on YouTube and live that huge big lie they are living. It must be hard to keep up with all the things they are telling different people. I truly feel sorry for them because that's not what life is about.

I think it's really sad that there are soo many women who don't know anything about their cycle and period. Here in school in Germany we learned about those things at an awkward age, so i kinda get why many didn't really work with the teacher since they were embarrassed to talk about genitals and all those things Image but it's sad that there's sooo many young women who just take their pill and don't want to know anything behind that...
Your English is fantastic! You're right, it is "my husband and I". When trying to decide whether to use "me" or "I" in that instance, try only saying me/I with the verb that follows. If you wanted to say that you and your husband went to the store, you have either:

"My husband and I went to the store" or
"My husband and me went to the store."

"I went" vs. "Me went". You wouldn't start a sentence with "me went," so it's "I went" :) Many native English speakers don't even know or follow this rule (in my experience, at least). Sometimes you have to change the conjugation of the verb, but it still stands. In your example, "My husband and I weren't really protecting", you could say "I *wasn't* really protecting" or "Me wasn't really protecting". Since "me wasn't" doesn't make sense, it would be "my husband and I" :)

Ellie could use some lessons from you. :D

The other day she said "It's already been so different feel with being on Disneyland". Which *literally* makes NO sense, and isn't even the type of sentence structure that someone learning English would accidentally use. She could have said something like "It already feels different being at Disneyland" but of course she had to Ellie it up.

Thank you so much! These are awesome tipps!
I actually hear a lot of vloggers or just native english speakers say things my english teacher would have left marked red! For example "i got my hair did".. Some things are really weird to me Image

Let's just hope the boys get good education!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

She could have sat next to him with a somber look and let him do the talking... oh yeah it's Ellie and she could never just sit there quietly.

Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

HelloSweetie wrote:
Rullakebab wrote:
It is for the best, but I majorly judge Jared for enabling this. It's fine for them to censor how she is to protect her public image, but I feel for the kids living in her house and learning from her. They deserve better.
Yeah, you're right. Jared isn't that much better than Ellie. My heart breaks for Jackson every time I see him seeking the attention and acceptance of Ellie.

I (as many of you) used to kinda like E&J but now it's very painful to watch them. I don't know why I still watch and why do I even care :x
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Puppiedogeyes wrote: Thank you so much! These are awesome tipps!
I actually hear a lot of vloggers or just native english speakers say things my english teacher would have left marked red! For example "i got my hair did".. Some things are really weird to me Image

Let's just hope the boys get good education!

Hi, I would really like to learn more german and I watch some vlogs in german, but haven't found anything really interesting yet. Would you happen to have any tips for me? Sorry for OT but I just had to ask.

I love Germany and I've been there a few times and also as an exchange student for one year. It's been a while and my german is getting a little rusty so it would be nice to find something to watch :)
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

WTFoxtrot wrote:Whomever said Jared would address the Joan & John situation alone, while giving some stupid excuse for Ellie's absence was so, so right!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I said that in the John and Joan thread. Too easy Image
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I laughed so hard at Calvin doing this. Lol is he reinacting Jared and Ellie making baby number 3? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 492b6a.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... dc5497.jpg[/img]

strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

I don't watch DB because I find them to be the most awkward couple ever. But are they trying to have another baby now, too? If so, the whole yeast thing ... "is this about a baby!?" is kind of weird. Like you guys aren't the only ones TTC, E+J.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

strawberry_smoothie wrote:I don't watch DB because I find them to be the most awkward couple ever. But are they trying to have another baby now, too? If so, the whole yeast thing ... "is this about a baby!?" is kind of weird. Like you guys aren't the only ones TTC, E+J.
Missy says she doesn't want to get pregnant this year although there is speculation she is pregnant or trying. I think Ellie is just dumb as a rock. Bryan literally got the yeast because he wanted Ellie to make the rolls from her video. He even showed himself making the little bucket in their video and said why the yeast was there.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

I don't want to watch the video, how the fuck did Ellie turn yeast in to something pregnancy related?

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

blahblahblahhh wrote:I don't want to watch the video, how the fuck did Ellie turn yeast in to something pregnancy related? Image

Something about a bun in the oven I guess? Who knows with Ellie. That is not the connection I would have made. Bryan's face was hilarious.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

How quickly and drastically they have changed is honestly very sad. I remember when she was pregnant with Calvin their thread was 99.9% positive. Everyone thought Jared was such a sweet sensitive husband and Ellie was a great mom, everyone loved them. Even in other threads people were compared to them "Why can't they be like E + J and _____ or _____". I am a very skeptical person when it comes to vloggers and I even loved them and had nothing negative to say. Now I don't watch even half the vloggers that have threads here but I would say out of the ones I do, they are the worst by miles.

Makes me extremely sad if they continue down the path their on, especially with Jackson. If he grows up to resent them the way he's already seeming to at 3 years old, I would hate for him to go back and watch vlogs and realize that Calvin is what changed everything, and then blame everything on him. Because even though we all find it hard to like him, it's not Calvins fault. The way Ellie and Jared did a total 180 when he was born is bizarre and abnormal, and I would hate to see them be the cause of a sibling rivalry with Jackson and Calvin or any other babies that are brought in to their dysfunctional home.

meklops
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by meklops »

blahblahblahhh wrote:How quickly and drastically they have changed is honestly very sad. I remember when she was pregnant with Calvin their thread was 99.9% positive. Everyone thought Jared was such a sweet sensitive husband and Ellie was a great mom, everyone loved them. Even in other threads people were compared to them "Why can't they be like E + J and _____ or _____". I am a very skeptical person when it comes to vloggers and I even loved them and had nothing negative to say. Now I don't watch even half the vloggers that have threads here but I would say out of the ones I do, they are the worst by miles.

Makes me extremely sad if they continue down the path their on, especially with Jackson. If he grows up to resent them the way he's already seeming to at 3 years old, I would hate for him to go back and watch vlogs and realize that Calvin is what changed everything, and then blame everything on him. Because even though we all find it hard to like him, it's not Calvins fault. The way Ellie and Jared did a total 180 when he was born is bizarre and abnormal, and I would hate to see them be the cause of a sibling rivalry with Jackson and Calvin or any other babies that are brought in to their dysfunctional home.

It's the same question as always, but why do they treat Calvin like this? I know he looks most like Ellie and Jennifer, and that he's had some health issues but as you say, it's not normal. Is it because in their mind, Jackson was 'artificially made', while Calvin was just a 'natural blessing' from God?

I don't understand how you can have a kid as sweet, gentle and intelligent as Jackson, and not feel damn proud of him. HOW THE HECK DOES ELLIE NOT WANT TO HUG HIM ALL THE TIME?!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”