Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by tratra58 »

Very nice vlog on Pearl Harbor. Their children were very good. I hope Joel shares his love of history with his children. There are likely all kinds of local museums in their area they could visit.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:Very nice vlog on Pearl Harbor. Their children were very good. I hope Joel shares his love of history with his children. There are likely all kinds of local museums in their area they could visit.
I'm guessing most of the local museums are somehow Mormon-centric Image
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

When Joel was talking about the book he is reading right now I was expecting an Audible sponsorship to come up next.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:Very nice vlog on Pearl Harbor. Their children were very good. I hope Joel shares his love of history with his children. There are likely all kinds of local museums in their area they could visit.
I'm guessing most of the local museums are somehow Mormon-centric Image
LOL....I love it.

Western US history is interesting with a focus on the pioneers and Mormon settlers:) Perhaps a road trip this summer to see other parts of the US/Canada? I don't know if Bonnie is as interested in this type of vacation?

I was very impressed with their kids good behavior and interest at Pearl Harbor.
meklops
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by meklops »

I absolutely loved Olivia when Jennifer gave her the lei to place on the memorial. Her expression was so solemn and almost like she wanted to cry a little. I love these kids, especially her and Cody (Boston's a bit too small) and how empathetic they are. <3
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Haven't seen it. On vacation myself! But I am glad that they treated it with the approval respect.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

They might be the sweetest, most sensitive kids that I've ever seen. I'm not sure if it's in the way they're raised, their personalities, or a combination of the two but they really have the most empathetic little hearts.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Dang auto correct! That's supposed to be appropriate respect, not approval respect, LOL

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Things like today are why I still like Bonnie and Joel. Like most vloggers, they are fairly traditional, and not exactly safety conscious, but where they differ for me is in how they are able to empathize. When they say they are thankful, I believe it. When they say they are sorry, or sympathetic, I can see it on their faces. I don't feel like it's "put on" like it is with so many other vloggers. If someone needed help on the side of the road, I believe they would stop and help. I believe they could go serve in a foreign country and not behave like assholes calling everything weird and being judgemental. I think they try to be good people, and therefore set a good example and raise good children. I attribute 90% of this to the Hoellein side. I think Jackson is a sensitive little boy, and this is why he seems to thrive when he's with B&J. He just fits in more with them. I hope he spends more time with them in the summer while pregnant Ellie (and Jared) nap and relax.
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:They might be the sweetest, most sensitive kids that I've ever seen. I'm not sure if it's in the way they're raised, their personalities, or a combination of the two but they really have the most empathetic little hearts.
We see Bonnie being emotional. Joel has a good heart always stepping up to help people. I think the kids get it from both parents and upbringing. I guess they rubbed off on Jackson, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ducklings4 wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:They might be the sweetest, most sensitive kids that I've ever seen. I'm not sure if it's in the way they're raised, their personalities, or a combination of the two but they really have the most empathetic little hearts.
We see Bonnie being emotional. Joel has a good heart always stepping up to help people. I think the kids get it from both parents and upbringing. I guess they rubbed off on Jackson, too.

I wonder if maybe Jackson spends more time with Bonnie and Joel than we see, and maybe they are rubbing off on him?

Or he's just a naturally sweet soul despite his parents Image
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Jun and Keisha are really babysitting a lot so it was nice to give them a shout out in today's vlog. That week went fast with her parents there and it looks like they had a good time. Bonnie is up in subs/views and if you consider they don't always vlog seven days a week/no network/Bonnie doing well with sponsors, they are doing better than E+J. I wonder if Jared ever imaged his in-laws would surpass them with the YouTube business.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

This should be their last week in Hawaii. Do you think there's any way they'll extend their trip? They seem to be enjoying themselves and Bonnie originally wanted the 2 months.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Feels like they just got there! Will be interesting how they settle back into their home/routine once back.

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Did they rename and reupload the Pearl Harbor vlog? I don't remember it being called "teaching Hawaiis history" and it has only 59K views
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Refrigerator_Light wrote:Did they rename and reupload the Pearl Harbor vlog? I don't remember it being called "teaching Hawaiis history" and it has only 59K views
I wouldn't be surprised if Joel accidentally deleted this vlog and had to upload it again. He has made some technical mistakes in the past.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote:Did they rename and reupload the Pearl Harbor vlog? I don't remember it being called "teaching Hawaiis history" and it has only 59K views
I wouldn't be surprised if Joel accidentally deleted this vlog and had to upload it again. He has made some technical mistakes in the past.
Could also be a sponsor issue. Maybe "Pearl Harbour" is considered somehow controversial like 9/11 was?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Could also be a sponsor issue. Maybe "Pearl Harbour" is considered somehow controversial like 9/11 was?
I think your answer is more likely to be correct.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

meklops wrote:Confession time: I've been a lurker for an embarrassingly long amount of time.

I'm an elementary school teacher in Logan (really why I follow the Griffiths in the first place) and tbh this whole talk about Cody and Olivia's education is kind of bugging me recently. I obviously understand the concern everyone has for their schooling, but I think a big part of it is that people don't really seem to understand just how different school in Utah is.

Just to be clear, I'm 25, not a Mormon, and grew up in California.

Think of school in Utah as school in the 1950s– not regarding content or the fact that kids used to be beaten back then, but regarding community and social norms. There's no restriction in teachers reprimanding kids, hugging them, having them alone in the classroom after or before class, inviting your group of kids out for ice cream during the summer, giving them junk food or candy as rewards, or parents really ruling what goes on. A lot of my kids skip class several Thursdays and Fridays because they're going to St. George (big baseball there) to watch their older siblings play. Some girls skip class because they're dancing in a competition in Salt Lake.

This doesn't mean school isn't important to them, because I find that to most (yes, even to really traditional mormon families) it really is. Every Monday I have parents practically fight over who is going to volunteer in the classroom and read the kids a story, I've heard moms discuss which books they read to their children, and parents emailing me with cute activities they find on Pinterest or elsewhere.

Yes, they give too much of a crap about church and baseball and "pageants", but kids do just fine in school even when they miss so much of it, because of things like the worksheets Bonnie and Joel are working on with their kids, and because those of us who teach here are much more likely to be happy to stay after school to catch them up. One of my girls is abroad for a couple more days, and I've been emailing her mom links to fun little videos she can use to keep up, and answering doubts her parents have.

Bracing myself to people thinking I'm a fangirl (I'm really not) but I don't know. I fully understand the backlash, because had I stayed in California I would have totally been taken aback as well. But Utah is just... different.

Also, sorry for the long debut post Image Image
I live in Utah. While I'm not a teacher I have 4 kids in public school. Maybe that stuff is ok up in Logan (I live right out of SLC) but that's not ok in my school district especially since the increase of teachers being involved with students, they don't allow teachers to be alone

I know for a fact that according to Utah law that parents can only excuse 7 absences in a school year, after that a doctors note is required (that's from an email my son's school sent to notify me that he was absent) I think after that they (the parent) gets a notice from truancy court where they have to appear and explain why their child has excessive absences and usually have to pay a fine. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... ef7994.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Just when I was starting to think maybe we'd all been too hard on Jennifer, she gives that weird speech where she tells Olivia she better be good friends with her mom. Maybe it was innocent, but the tone definitely sounded more like she was directing her.

It was cute seeing the kids play in the waves though!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”