John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

The instagram comment says: "But then she showed up at Maeve's funeral. John made her leave. Luckily I didn't see her."

But the facebook post says: "Jerri and Kristen along with Martha and Jen (the latter two were welcome) all tried to hug and comfort us. We didn't want any part of it. Joan couldn't make eye contact with Kristen or Jerri and had to remove herself from the situation, overcome with anxiety that they had shown up and seen the pictures we had professionally taken of our beautiful daughter who was killed by their gross negligence."

I don't really understand why Joan feels the need to lie about all of this, but the story seems to be incredibly inconsistent, and I think that it's a moment that one would remember very clearly.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GymChick »

This is so fishy and weird now :( ugh I want their to be an explanation because who lies about things that could easily be looked up (midwife license). Dammit youtubers I like always disappoint me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

They could be putting on a fake front for the grant.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:This is so fishy and weird now :( ugh I want their to be an explanation because who lies about things that could easily be looked up (midwife license). Dammit youtubers I like always disappoint me

Plus, with their story, you _want_ to believe that they've been honest and sincere, because it's all just so heartbreaking.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

gymchick43 wrote:This is so fishy and weird now :( ugh I want their to be an explanation because who lies about things that could easily be looked up (midwife license).
A fantasist?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
start-the-fire
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by start-the-fire »

Are things like death/birth/stillbirth certificate public record?

I sort of wonder how much truth there is to her cause of death. It's entirely possible that the cause has grown and evolved in Joan's mind the same way that Maeves life seems to have. Grief can distort memories, even invent memories. Especially with something like this where they are desperately trying to find a cause, a reason and someone or something to blame.

Personal story: my mother passed suddenly and I was very angry. I felt she didn't receive proper care that could have saved her in the ER. A year later we had her records reviewed and found that her care was adequate. It was just a horrible situation. I felt devastated because for a year I was sure it was SOMEONES fault. I needed somewhere to aim my anger. When that was gone, it felt impossible to accept that it just happened, for no reason, and it was out of anyone's control. With nothing to blame, my grief turned 100% internal. It is a VERY hard thing to accept.

I am not convinced Joan is, at this time in her life, capable of critical, unbiased thought towards the situation, nor able to accept whatever the truth may be. It seems her memories have already become distorted on many things you guys have found. Whether intentional or malicious I will not make any calls.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Oh dear. It get's worse. They/their friends set up a third GoFundMe account three days after Maeve was born sleeping: ''At this time, friends of the family are asking for donations in order to help cover the costs for Baby Maeve's service. Anything raised in excess of funeral costs will go to Joan & John in an effort to help cover any additional medical costs or lost wages during the time they spend mourning their sweet baby girl.'' -

They reached $5,920 of their $5,000 goal.

I'm genuinely becoming freaked out by all of this.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

They also raised $1600 for a bench in Maeve's name. That's at least 5 fundraisers in the almost 2 years since Maeve's passing on top of the free IVF.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The total money raised across all five fundraisers is $21,419, plus their free round of IVF.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

She has also apparently been selected to go in an all expenses paid retreat to NY this August as well.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Holy s$!&, She's been given SO much money!

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I'm completely going out on a whim here and am admittedly reaching, so please don't crucify me.

I haven't been following them very closely at all...just going off of what I've heard/seen from E+J/what I've read here (sometimes skimming), so I don't mean to, in any way, suggest that what I'm about to say has anything to back it up. It's honestly just something that crossed my mind after these recent discoveries. Is there ANY way this could all (or for the most part) just be a big scam for money? Two former addicts, desperate for money, the seemingly forceful/fake crying, the lies, the multiple GFM accounts that remain open, the eccentricity of it all.... I don't know you guys.

Please don't flame me, I sincerely am not posting this with any ill intent. I totally get that everyone deals with trauma differently, so I can completely see how this could all be their legitimate story that has gotten slightly mixed up in the mind of a grieving mother. But...has this crossed anyone else's minds? Something seems very off.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm completely going out on a whim here and am admittedly reaching, so please don't crucify me.

I haven't been following them very closely at all...just going off of what I've heard/seen from E+J/what I've read here (sometimes skimming), so I don't mean to, in any way, suggest that what I'm about to say has anything to back it up. It's honestly just something that crossed my mind after these recent discoveries. Is there ANY way this could all (or for the most part) just be a big scam for money? Two former addicts, desperate for money, the seemingly forceful/fake crying, the lies, the multiple GFM accounts that remain open, the eccentricity of it all.... I don't know you guys.

Please don't flame me, I sincerely am not posting this with any ill intent. I totally get that everyone deals with trauma differently, so I can completely see how this could all be their legitimate story that has gotten slightly mixed up in the mind of a grieving mother. But...has this crossed anyone else's minds? Something seems very off.
I definitely don't think that's an impossible scenario. Personally, I think that Joan is a very sensitive and fragile individual, and that losing her baby pushed her off the deep end. I think she was desperate to blame anyone for something that was no one's fault, and latched on to the idea that the midwife did something wrong. This is why she lied to followers and told them that Ricci lost her license and had to pay them for damages, because that's 'proof' that she was the one responsible for Maeve's death. She has been deeply damaged by this, and I do feel very sympathetic towards her. It's a terrible thing that happened, and no one can really say how they'd react in that situation, especially someone with previous (and recent) addiction issues.

However, at some point during the fundraisers, the gifts from friends and followers, the memorials, I think that Joan got dollar signs in her eyes. She realized that the more weeping selfies she took, the more grieving poems she wrote, the more she pushed this image of an incredible mother whose child was ripped away from her by a midwife's incompetence, the more people responded. People responded in kind words, compliments, donations, gifts, etc. Because this grief has now given her $21k she has no intentions of healing or moving on, because as soon as she stops posting the creepy pictures of herself cradling her dead baby the sympathy gravy train will end. Her grief has now warped into an obsession, complicated by social media and fundraising. I think that she needs to delete her instagram, delete her facebook, take down the GFMs, and focus on herself, her husband, and their future. She will never truly heal as long as she's focused on how to create the perfect grieving mother posts.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm completely going out on a whim here and am admittedly reaching, so please don't crucify me.

I definitely don't think that's an impossible scenario. Personally, I think that Joan is a very sensitive and fragile individual, and that losing her baby pushed her off the deep end. I think she was desperate to blame anyone for something that was no one's fault, and latched on to the idea that the midwife did something wrong. This is why she lied to followers and told them that Ricci lost her license and had to pay them for damages, because that's 'proof' that she was the one responsible for Maeve's death. She has been deeply damaged by this, and I do feel very sympathetic towards her. It's a terrible thing that happened, and no one can really say how they'd react in that situation, especially someone with previous (and recent) addiction issues.

However, at some point during the fundraisers, the gifts from friends and followers, the memorials, I think that Joan got dollar signs in her eyes. She realized that the more weeping selfies she took, the more grieving poems she wrote, the more she pushed this image of an incredible mother whose child was ripped away from her by a midwife's incompetence, the more people responded. People responded in kind words, compliments, donations, gifts, etc. Because this grief has now given her $21k she has no intentions of healing or moving on, because as soon as she stops posting the creepy pictures of herself cradling her dead baby the sympathy gravy train will end. Her grief has now warped into an obsession, complicated by social media and fundraising. I think that she needs to delete her instagram, delete her facebook, take down the GFMs, and focus on herself, her husband, and their future. She will never truly heal as long as she's focused on how to create the perfect grieving mother posts.
Perfectly said! Whatever happened to her saying that she was taking a long break from the internet 5 days ago and has continued to post every single day since then? Because she realized that if she disappears that she won't able to start any fundraisers and people will forget about her and the sympathy won't be there when she returns. She should have taken a break, all she does is post more and more poems which is not helping her at all. This woman needs serious help. Or she's milking it for all it's worth.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Their GFM may not be closed but hey, at least right now the link in the insta bio if a t-spring for another Ivf couple?

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Sorry this is so off topic, I've followed this site for a while but just joined. Has anyone noticed the pictures Joan has posted on instagram of the same red curly haired little girl? It looks to be the same child in all the pictures, between 1 & 2 years old, so about the age Maeve would be. I've seen at least 6 pictures she's posted of her, maybe more. Each caption makes it sound like that is her child and the child is Maeve. I'm not sure how to attach photos yet, so maybe someone else can find them and share them here if you don't want to search her ig. It's just sort of weird to me because it's obviously the same child and I'm wondering whose child it is, and if they know Joan had been using her pictures to depict the baby she lost.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 4a75a9.jpg[/img]

Like this? They are all pictures of the back of some kids head. I think its just because of the red hair. That is a little weird though that on all of them she says "we have a 17 month old" etc.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Yeah, though there was at least one or two where you could see the face, she just poorly tried to blur it. It still makes me wonder whose child it is even if it's just the back of the head. I know I wouldn't want pictures of my child used for that reason especially when so many of her posts are questionable. I wonder if the parent(s) know, it's never good to take photos of someone elses child and post them like that without their knowledge. But of course I'm just assuming here. It would be different if she were googling red haired toddlers, but the fact that this is the same child makes me think she's taking these pictures from a personal social media.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Caisflame wrote:Yeah, though there was at least one or two where you could see the face, she just poorly tried to blur it. It still makes me wonder whose child it is even if it's just the back of the head. I know I wouldn't want pictures of my child used for that reason especially when so many of her posts are questionable. I wonder if the parent(s) know, it's never good to take photos of someone elses child and post them like that without their knowledge. But of course I'm just assuming here. It would be different if she were googling red haired toddlers, but the fact that this is the same child makes me think she's taking these pictures from a personal social media.
I don't think it is the same child. I got the impression that she just googled "red curly haired toddler". I also didn't see any pictures of the face?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”